• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

When all your favorite characters have literally no chance of making it in and you know that better than anyone
ca5792d3-14e7-49b3-80b2-b6125e9adbed.png

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
He

He means characters owned by a western company. Dark Samus is owned by Nintendo.
Well if they can negotiate just for trophies (Rayman), assist trophies (Shovel Knight) and whatever Minecraft is getting assuming Vergeben's correct. And as shown by the requests Sakurai got for Spongebob, it seems Japan isn't too picky on whether a character is Japanese made or not.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I know Shantae has been getting some vocal support in some forums... and hopefully that means she actually got that many votes. She is a great character.

But let us not forget the sheer number of other third party characters that are like Bayonetta- highly associated with Nintendo to the point they "feel like a Nintendo character."

In this category, just to name a few: Cooking Mama and Professor Layton

D

Deleted member

Lolis ftw
4b58d54e-0828-4262-8c3b-6ed6fed494b1.png

And yet you made support threads for two of them?

You need help. :V
I'm pretty sure most of the support threads are fully aware their characters aren't making it in, a support thread is about supporting a character.
Besides, if I manage to create thousands of bots push support for them enough, maybe they could do well in the next Ballot.
Or people could just play Etrian Odyssey, that works too :V

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I know Shantae has been getting some vocal support in some forums... and hopefully that means she actually got that many votes. She is a great character.

But let us not forget the sheer number of other third party characters that are like Bayonetta- highly associated with Nintendo to the point they "feel like a Nintendo character."

In this category, just to name a few: Cooking Mama and Professor Layton
Cooking Mama would be another person Kirby would fight in his Classic mode... :kirby2:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Cooking Mama would be a great WTF character, though putting her in before/instead of other 3rd parties might enrage people...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm pretty sure most of the support threads are fully aware their characters arem't making it in, a support thread is about supporting a character.
UMM EXCUSE ME are you saying Merric isn't making it in? Prepare to feel the collective wrath of all five Merric supporters. >:|
Nah but seriously, pretty much this. I just support what I like lol.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I’m only going to accept this roster as being realistic if, after unlocking Dark Samus, every time you return to the CSS another roster slot turns blue. Eventually every slot in the roster is blue and Samus turns into a second Dark Samus slot.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m only going to accept this roster as being realistic if, after unlocking Dark Samus, every time you return to the CSS another roster slot turns blue. Eventually every slot in the roster is blue and Samus turns into a second Dark Samus slot.
That sounds like a creepypasta that someone should totally elaborate on

D

Deleted member

UMM EXCUSE ME are you saying Merric isn't making it in? Prepare to feel the collective wrath of all five Merric supporters. >:|
Nah but seriously, pretty much this. I just support what I like lol.
****, FIVE? That's way more than what Protector has. I, uhm, th-the 17 Saber supporters will help me, to war!

UltimateWario

Smash Master
That sounds like a creepypasta that someone should totally elaborate on
I got a blank Switch card from Sakurai’s yard sale, that had “Smash Ultimate :)” written on it (reeeeeal tiny) on a piece of packing tape stuck to it. I put it into my Switch and then Dark Samus had HYPER REALISTIC PHAZON.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I've seen a couple of people mention the black Knight as an Ike echoe and one person pointed out that Ike's black Knight inspired alt is gone. I can't even put into words how hyped I'd be for that. I don't want to get my hopes up even a little bit but realistically what are his chances?

uh, he still has the black knight palette, it's the last one

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm still torn on how to exactly set my expectations for this game.
Back when Inklings were revealed, I thought we simply would go through the motions, cut some characters here and there, add characters from new games and deconfirm all of our favorites again.
Then... E3 happened, everyone is here, Clones being a planned thing throws a new loop in speculation and Ridley, mother****ing Ridley, he just destroyed any semblance of what the word "prediction" means.
But still, I thought he was the odd one out, that had it not been for size issues, we would have gotten him a long time ago anyways, popularity just erased the one hurdle he had to cross but then, my expectations were toppled again with the Direct. Simon was expected due to Verg but he showed us any of the 3rd Parties could get more of their characters; Richter showed us 3rd Parties don't need to be big names to the gaming community as a whole and that, yes, Shadow and Ken are happening; Chrom subverted the Echo expectations and Dark Samus showed us that even a forgotten character could be in, even if just as an Echo; then K.Rool happened, a character that hasn't been relevant for his franchise for about 10 years who has been forgotten by everyone but Smash Forums, whose only reason of being here is his popularity and nothing else.

But still, I wonder, are those the exception? Are the other newcomers more of what we saw in past games? Or are they all just super-requested characters? But would Sakurai bring characters from dead franchises like Isaac even if they were popular? Would he bring 3rd Parties that won't ever be on Nintendo again like Banjo? And would he bring a side character from one game just because he's popupar enough like Geno?
I'm just hoping that with all these expectations he's subverting, and surprises he's coming out with, hopefully characters like Amaterasu, Shantae, Joker, or Yu Narukami would have a better chance of making it in this time.

D

Deleted member

I must be Mordred then. :V
I have this conflicting loyalty issue in that I love both of them so I'll allow you to go for now.
I'm just hoping that with all these expectations he's subverting, and surprises he's coming out with, hopefully characters like Amaterasu, Shantae, Joker, or Yu Narukami would have a better chance of making it in this time.
I'll accept any Atlus character if it means I can get one(1) Etrian Odyssey song in the game

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I will make a safe bet and say Sakurai will include a villain of his own game (kid icarus). Maybe Medusa or Hades… It's so predictable at this point imo.
This. All but likely at this point that it's going to be Medusa:

-Only reoccurring major female Nintendo villian aside from Mother Brain.

-Palutena and Medusa's body form are practically 1:1.

-Medusa has a long robe, staff, and even a freakin' string of trinkets just like Palutena.

-Sakurai.

I will be genuinely surprised if she's not in the next batch of Echos revealed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I believe this meme goes for all of us in the fandom.

I'm rooting for you, Shantae, and I always will be.
I never heard anyone call Viridi a loli waifu until now...I wish I never did...and Shantae I’m never surprised with (but still want in Smash)

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Honestly it's feeling like

Gen 7 Rep
Issac
Skull Kid
Geno

Ken
Matthew
Isabelle
Shadow

Is looking more and more likely

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
lol deleted, what did it say
Oh ****, his twitter got deleted????
LOL wow okay

It was about how he's sure Isaac is in and is doing more digging, and he didn't find a problem leaking that because of various hints they've been dropping (he said he'd prefer not to leak Sakurai's surprises but since they're hinting things anyway...)

HAHAHA wow he got deleted

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Was this discussed yet? https://twitter.com/loz183/status/1030444445467123712

and for those who don't know, this guy did leak alot before E3, like he knew about certain moves if I recall correctly
The more characters that Verge and Loz hint at, the more I doubt them. Between the two, there are now four non-Echo characters who they think could be in Smash (five if you include Isabelle).

I think these two are jumping to conclusions with their sources.

The post has already been taken down, what did it say?
Loz thinks Isacc might be in Smash. I'm assuming he changed his mind or someone took it down.

Last edited:

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
The more characters that Verge and Loz hint at, the more I doubt them. Between the two, there are now four non-Echo characters who they think could be in Smash (five if you include Isabelle).

I think these two are jumping to conclusions with their sources.

Loz thinks Isacc might be in Smash. I'm assuming he changed his mind?
Eh Four More Non Echo Fighters seeems reasonable

D

Deleted member

I saw the Twitter get deleted lmao. I thought it was just my internet acting up when I couldn't open the threads.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Loz18 got nuked from orbit? Why?

Because he suggested that isaac was in smash?

Why wold he delete his account because of that?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Eh Four More Non Echo Fighters seeems reasonable
Maybe if that was almost everyone we were getting, but keep in mind that neither of these guys could predict Richter, Chrom, DS, or K. Rool.

I, too, delete my whole Twitter account when I change my mind
With Loz, I genuinely don't know anymore.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Did we ever even have an confirmation that that was loz anyways?
He provided proof in the form of verifying some PM to someone on Gamefaqs or something.
That doesn't necessarily prove anything, to be fair.

But it seems like either literally nobody looked into it or people looked into it and didn't find anything wrong. I didn't look into it at all because I like to avoid being on Gamefaqs lol.

Loz18 got nuked from orbit? Why?

Because he suggested that isaac was in smash?

Why wold he delete his account because of that?
A few possibilities:
-It wasn't actually Loz, or Loz is a liar to begin with, and he deleted his own account to make it look like Nintendo did it.
-Loz isn't a liar and I guess they've been waiting to pull the trigger on him till now?
-Loz is a liar and is spreading misinformation, and so he's being brought down to make it look like something he said was real even if it wasn't to preserve ambiguity.
-Mistake? Lol right

Just as a disclaimer: I don't really follow or believe either Loz or Verg lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't even trust Loz, I saw no reason to believe that was his account and I want to see proof that it wasn't user deleted so... I guess I'll grab some popcorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom