• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
DK's Final Smash showcased. Going JoJo. :joyful:
From what I've heard, it plays a clip of a bongo being hit whenever one of DK's final smash punches connects. Whenever people mod the game, I fully expect someone's going to replace that sound to make it something like this:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm still reeling from that Ice Climbers plot twist. They're showing MTA now though so time for bed for me.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
From what I've heard, it plays a clip of a bongo being hit whenever one of DK's final smash punches connects. Whenever people mod the game, I fully expect someone's going to replace that sound to make it something like this:

They damn well better. This is the mod we need.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
That Ice Climbers comeback made this entire stream worth watching for me.

As well as the DK Star Rod tech, that was godlike

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
World Cup Ganondorf was the highlight IMO.

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
So is that it for smash? If there was a character(which I highly doubt) would they have showed it then or wait til end of stream+

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Watched Super Smash Bros event.

I didn’t get to see the last couple of matches though, but damn that third Ganondorf fight was so sick and fun to watch, but I was rooting for fox in that one.

Also Snake got took those hammer hits, my god, he was at 277%.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
There were good sum of the highlights in this stream - personally liked Knuckles and Krystal knocking on Marth's noggin' at the fight on Town & City.

Noipoi

Howdy!
DK with the star rod Jesus Christ!
Ice Climber's final smash is pitiful...
Inkling fake smash ball suicide.
Ganon taking names.
Krystal & Knuckles, team up of the century.
Icies squeezing in a win at the end.
Overall? A good stream.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Wait so after the Aces is matches, is the event over.

I mean, we still have another tournament for next week with more Smash Ultimate footage which is always a plus.

And there’s always a potential Smash reveal around the end of July anyway.

Damn, this game is going to come out in the winter, I want to fully enjoy my summer but at the same time I want to get my hands on Ultimate.

That Ice Climbers comeback made this entire stream worth watching for me.

As well as the DK Star Rod tech, that was godlike
Awww... I wanted to watch the match but I missed it!

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I'm surprised people tricked themselves into thinking there was gonna be a reveal in the first place, maybe if it weren't a small, JP only family event where the prizes for winning are....Switch charging stands, like cmon.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If Chain Chomp was a fighter, it would fall 10x faster than Fox, and weigh around Bowser's weight, while having a similar size hurtbox. Imagine if that was the case though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm surprised people tricked themselves into thinking there was gonna be a reveal in the first place, maybe if it weren't a small, JP only family event where the prizes for winning are....Switch charging stands, like cmon.
I don't think anyone here actually expected a reveal.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I wish Little Mac had better recovery. He is still unplayable for me. I really like him tho

RandomAce

Smash Champion
There’s Ultimate gameplay happening during the Aces livestream.

AND IT WAS FRIGATE ORPHEON!

WHY!? THAT WAS MY FAVORITE STAGE!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, the stream reminded me of something. Abomasnow being added as a Poké Ball Pokémon was one of the more subtly perplexing things about Smash 4.

Generally the Poké Ball Pokémon reflect the most recent generation. Sinnoh was old news, but received five new ones. Palkia and Giratina are easily explained by Sakurai wanting cover legendaries in the game, and Spear Pillar not returning may have led to Palkia being there as consolation, with Giratina being brought along as well since it was left out. Arceus and Darkrai weren't officially revealed when Brawl released, and considering Darkrai's popularity and Arceus' importance, they were solid additions.

...But then there's Abomasnow. He's not really important, nor is he particularly popular (doesn't help that Hail teams are the least common weather team). He's just a late-game Sinnoh Pokémon. I doubt getting a Mega had much to do with it since he doesn't Mega Evolve in Smash. But there he is, bless his heart.

Honestly my only guess is that Sakurai just really likes Abomasnow. Maybe it's his favorite. And hey, it's even pretty dynamic for a Poké Ball Pokémon, having Ice Punch AND Blizzard.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know, the stream reminded me of something. Abomasnow being added as a Poké Ball Pokémon was one of the more subtly perplexing thing about Smash 4.

Generally the Poké Ball Pokémon reflect the most recent generation. Sinnoh was old news, but received five new ones. Palkia and Giratina are easily explained by Sakurai wanting cover legendaries in the game, and Spear Pillar not returning may have led to Palkia being there as consolation, with Giratina being brought along as well since it was left out. Arceus and Darkrai weren't officially revealed when Brawl released, and considering Darkrai's popularity and Arceus' importance, they were solid additions.

...But then there's Abomasnow. He's not really important, nor is he particularly popular (doesn't help that Hail teams are the least common weather team). He's just a late-game Sinnoh Pokémon. I doubt getting a Mega had much to do with it since he doesn't Mega Evolve in Smash. But there he is, bless his heart.

Honestly my only guess is that Sakurai just really likes Abomasnow. Maybe it's his favorite. And hey, it's even pretty dynamic for a Poké Ball Pokémon, having Ice Punch AND Blizzard.
Sakurai really wanted Abomasnow in Smash.
He asked Gamefreak and they said "lol nope here's a frog".
Disappointed but not discouraged, He then asked if Abomasnow could at least be an item.
Gamefreak replied with "whatever nerd".
And thus, Abomasnow was made into a Pokeball.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey, Smash again.

Sakurai really wanted Abomasnow in Smash.
He asked Gamefreak and they said "lol nope here's a frog".
Disappointed but not discouraged, He then asked if Abomasnow could at least be an item.
Gamefreak replied with "whatever nerd".
And thus, Abomasnow was made into a Pokeball.
Sakurai was so angry that he started nerfing Greninja for no reason.

No Abomasnow? Better nerf Greninja, he said.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sakurai was so angry that he starting nerfing Greninja for no reason.

No Abomasnow? Better nerf Greninja, he said.
After being burned by Gamefreak, Sakurai was determined to make Greninja the worst in the game.
"Worse than Jigglypuff!" He exclaimed.
Nintendo heard and said "dude, stop."
So Greninja got nerfed, but not bottom tier nerfed.

Troykv

Smash Master
You know, the stream reminded me of something. Abomasnow being added as a Poké Ball Pokémon was one of the more subtly perplexing things about Smash 4.

Yeah; Abomasnow is a very random choice for a new Pokémon that isn't Current Trend.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly not sure if we knew this prior to today, but K.K. Slider is still doing his thing at nighttime on Town and City.

Probably disconfirmed. Still no sign of Isabelle though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom