• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I saw Krystal in gameplay on Treehouse. She is an AT.
I mentioned that earlier. She was specifically disconfirmed properly in a stream.

It's useless to use those trailers because they don't show proper gameplay of Assist Trophies, namely them being summoned.

Though I agree that they'd not screw it up and accidentally reveal a character, it's still not a good idea to assume. We already learned that the hard way thanks to Toon Link being a background character and playable.

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
I actually agree that Ridley looks stupid, haha. He really doesn't feel like the same character when scaled down like that.

Buuuuuuuuuut I say it's ****ing worth it. Metroid needed it's main antagonist, and his moveset looks like a ton of fun (grab>drag through floor <3).
Not sure how I feel about him? This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Sakurai should've stuck to his guns.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Apparently a GameFAQs user by the name of loz18 leaked highly accurate details about Smash Bros. Ultimate yesterday. I don't know if this was brought to everyone's attention, but I compiled important things he said.
If you want to see what he said for yourself, start from post #67 here.
To summarize:
  • Wavedashing IS BACK
  • "Higher up people have played with unannounced characters," meaning that besides Ridley, there are at least 2 newcomers (Simon may/may not be included in this).
  • Zelda has a BOTW alt.
Not much, but everything he said is correct. He likely had access to the demo early alongside a small amount of insider information.
>Geno is mentioned in this leak.

I made the right last-minute decision if he ends up playable.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Everything new from smashbros.com and bit from E3 (echo fighter=clone):
Samus (04)
- Can charge Chargeshot midair (!)
Kirby (06)

- Fully Charged Hammer now has the Power Hit Animation (like KO Punch, zooms in with lines to indicate power while the background turns dark blue)
- New Rock: Chest from BoTW
- Has Melee Dash Attack Back
Zelda (17)

- Model is re-designed
- Down-B: Now shows the Phantom being assembled when charging
- Final Smash: Changed to Triforce of Wisdom (Pulls enemies into the Triforce of Wisdom, which then explodes into light)
- Din's Fire no longer leaves Zelda in Freefall (!)
Pichu (19)

- New Move: Shocks an opponent, stunning them (could be neutral B, side B or down tilt) (*looks like side tilt to me I'll go look again)
-
Final Smash: Identical to that of Pikachu
- No longer a clone due to new moves
- Potential new combo: Up-Smash > Thunder
Diddy Kong (36)

- New Taunt
- Rocketbarrel has a huge, explosive landing hitbox (this existed in Smash 4)
R.O.B. (42)

- DThrow: Now buries (rip Beep-Boop) (*Not necessarily. if the bury works like Lucas' then Beep-Boop is still be in the game)
Rosalina (48)
- New Nair
Palutena (54)
- Has explosive Custom Side Special from Smash 4.
- Counter now reflects if countering a projectile. (!)
Wario
- Has Brawl Fsmash as his new Dash attack
Cloud (61)

- Cross Slash's slashes are now very thin
- Can only hold limit for 15 seconds. Then he loses it. (Confirmed by Tweek)
Bayonetta (63)

- Can no longer get 2 after burner kicks (?)
- Grab is now magical, suspending opponents with black magic.
- Witch time works differently. May be based on Knockback or Damage.
I'll help a bit too.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Where is the video of Sakurai demoing Ridley? I caught it at the end of Etika's highlight, but couldn't find it elsewhere?

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
That's not the Sword of Sages, that's the sword used by him in the GCN tech demo and his old melee win animation.
Oh, OK, just read he had the Sword of Sages in Twilight Princess on the LoZ wiki and assumed that was it. I'll change it, I haven't played many legend of zelda games (or melee, for that matter).

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Now that we got Ridley. Do you think Geno would help K. Rool making it inn and vice versa?
In regards to popular fan request getting inn, despite all odds that is.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Well, that's actually referring to how many characters we have now, if you count PT's Pokemon as one fighter.
I don't think so, because Pokemon trainer's three pokemon count for the 65 in the fighters count, either this is a placeholder, a mistake, or there is one more character.
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 6.04.44 PM.png

Last edited:

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Well, that's actually referring to how many characters we have now, if you count PT's Pokemon as one fighter.
But again, on the fighter page itself where the horizontal black fighter banners are, that's not how it is counted...
Either they messed up on one of the pages and should have counted them differently to count them the same over both pages or we got someone coming.

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
How many new characters are you guys expecting? To be honest, Sakurai saying there'd be less worries me a bit. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Speaking of echo characters, if Ken doesn't get in as one then what is Sakurai is doing. He's THE fighting game clone. It's also kinda weird that Alph is still a costume, he's the most obvious echo there is.
This is the only thing I dislike about Smash Ultimate so far.

Okay, Dark Pit and Lucina are still echo fighters and even Daisy got in as an echo fighter... and yet Alph didn't get in as an echo fighter with Rock Pikmin? :facepalm:

Oh well, at least Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link are no longer echo fighters.

I like that Smash!Ganondorf is now based on the Ocarina of Time version again! I hope that means Melee!Ganondorf is back! And it looks like he finally uses the sword for some moves.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not sure if this has been pointed out before but...
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/index.html
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/about/index.html
View attachment 147923View attachment 147924
The site makes it sound like there's just one more character left to be revealed.
Yea I know who that is

It has to be simon Belmont there's absolutely no stopping that vergeben leak now all of the leak is correct Simon is the last one

And I wouldn't be surprised if there was atleast 2-4 more newcomers after this

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that this is the full roster. There has to be more besides these characters and Simon.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lol there is no way they would show krystal as a newcomer, in fox's trailer before a newcomer reveal. At that point it's just semantics

Time for the Illuminati conspiration of the days.
In the Characters Introduction video, only a little short amount of characters doesn't show their Final Smash, usually those characters are the one who previously had long Final Smash that will need to be changed for the new "quick Final Smash" take from this game, like Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, captain falcon... However, there one oddities to this, and it's Robin, no news about his Final Smash with Chrom, yet it wasn't a long Final Smash since it was like Cloud's or Ike's one who are still in the game.

So, my illuminaty conspiracy let me believe that, Chrom might get in the game, as an Echoes or as his own characters and Robin might get a new Final Smash...

Lemme believe that my most wanted first party might get in....
was thinking the same TBH. Not going to get my hopes up but i would love for the Awakening trio to get together
:061:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Has anyone seen if Zelda still has her twilight princess robes? That's my favorite look for her.
zz.png

The one a certain someone who quoted me hates. Not that it matters since I am not coming back.

~~The thread owner of a character who you are happy got deconfirmed~~

I bet you are enjoying my sadness now.
I'm sorry your character was deconfirmed. I really wanted Midna and that didn't happen. But honestly, lighten up.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
main.png

Ridley looks ****in' gross.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Now that we got Ridley. Do you think Geno would help K. Rool making it inn and vice versa?
In regards to popular fan request getting inn, despite all odds that is.
I don't think they're comparable really, Ridley wasn't irrelevant in his own franchise or 3rd party, both could happen but the only things they have in common are that they're popular

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just let it go Azure, no need to fight when there's no need to do it anymore.

Just leave if you say you want to leave.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Simon Belmont is pretty much confirmed at this point. I wonder when he will be revealed, and if there will be more newcomers than just Inklings, Daisy, Ridley, and Simon.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I see Ivysaur managed to completely circumvent the great tether up-B purge of Smash4 by skipping that game. That's neat.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Actually, a commercial/trailer for Smash 4 revealed Ganondorf as playable. So yes, they have done so. They have proven to be oblivious before with their reveals.

So who knows what they are. Kind of hard to call them an AT without any gameplay to back that up. Just like it's hard to call Echo Fighter for the same reason. Their roles are unknown till we see something actually tangible.
I Meant Newcomers, Newcomers are a whole different Scenario compared to Veterans.
Your point's still valid tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom