• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My top five list hasn't changed much since Smash 4, mainly because most of them didn't make it in/back to begin with.

1. Snake
2. King K. Rool
3. Ridley
4. Inkling
5. Rayman

Wonder Red from the Wonderful 101 is an honourable mention.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Top Fives? Top Fives. Newcomers only. Final Destination.

1. Chrom
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Decidueye
4. Inkling
5. Henry Fleming

Honorable Mention: Frogger

Great ideas, but I definitely don't think the full-on color swap customization will ever happen due to a few characters in particular: the-Pokémon-characters-but-especially-Pikachu, Cloud, Pac-Man, and partially Sonic. Their owners (TPCI, Square Enix, Bandai-Namco, Sega) seem pretty adamant about copyright/trademark protection, and given how little their color pallets change in Smash already, I don't see them allowing this.

Basically, I don't think it was Sakurai's choice to keep Pikachu and Pac-Man yellow-only. :p
Good point, I didn't think of that. That may interfere with other things like voices too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sounds like some people don't get that not all Lords are immortal.

So Corrin can be dead by time Fire Emblem Switch canonically happens. :troll:

Drizzlebow

Banned via Warnings
Top fives? Ooohh~

1. Dark Matter (sword form)
2. Bandanna Dee
3. MGS Raiden (never gonna happen lol)
4. Ridley
5. Dixie Kong

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
And I just realized I messed up my post regarding Inklings/Phoenix Wright. I guess this is what happens when I try to talk, I mess up. I'm sorry everybody.
That out of the way, for stages there are a few I'd like to see added or brought back:
Mario- Wart's Castle (Super Mario 2)
Zelda-Death Mountain
Mega Man-Metal Man stage or Gemini Man stage (the first Sigma Castle if Sigma gets in)
Fire Emblem-Nohr/Hoshido split
Warioware-Mona's Pizza
Kirby-Treat Land or return of Fountain of Dreams
Sonic- Wacky Workbench or Quartz Quadrant from Sonic CD
Street Fighter-Lair of the Four Kings from Street Fighter V
Earthbound/Mother-Saturn Valley or Dungeon Man
As for assist trophies, Sinistar would be great

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So, we still don't see a Donkey Kong Switch to know if K. Rool will return, so... how are you feeling about his chances at the moment?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Top Five:
1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Andross with a body
4. Toad
5. Mach Rider

Realistic Guess:
1. Ice Climbers
2. Decidueye
3. Inklings
4. Dixie Kong
5. Wolf

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
King K.Rool's chances ? I'm not gonna put too much faith in the idea, but he has a shot. Sure. He always had. But just now it might seem that his popularity might rise above all other candidates that aren't 3rd party. That's to say, he still has a lot of competition.

And a lot has to depend on DKC's lasting power and popularity overall. And if the next DKC is gonna have K.Rool, which all depends on IF there's gonna be a new DKC. If Retro isn't making it, am not sure who else would.

So the whole thing is uncertain but am quite sure that K.Rool in Smash would mean a revival to the franchise so am always gonna support the idea.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So, we still don't see a Donkey Kong Switch to know if K. Rool will return, so... how are you feeling about his chances at the moment?
It's really hard to tell, he probably did well on the ballot, but we don't know how much that matters, and we also don't know if he's even eligible or not, I feel like there's also a possibility that he may have beat Bayonetta in raw votes and popularity but was labeled "unrealizable" by Mr. Sakurai/Nintendo for whatever reason. I'd personally give him something around the 30-40% range but that number's pretty much just a assumption with no real base on my part.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
And a lot has to depend on DKC's lasting power and popularity overall. And if the next DKC is gonna have K.Rool, which all depends on IF there's gonna be a new DKC. If Retro isn't making it, am not sure who else would.
Honestly, I think Retro Studios is very well aware about us wanting King K. Rool to come back; since they tend to make trilogies of games, the third modern DKC game should have him back in the spotlight. Plus, there's always the possibility that Retro is developing multiple projects, one of which is this final DKC game in the trilogy. If that were the case, it would make way for him to have a very high chance of appearing in Smash as he'd be relevant again. So long as they use his Rare design in the game (and not that criticized PAON design that a lot of people dislike as it destroys parts of his character), his revival would be glorious.

Last edited:
For K Rool, I think the mii costume is worth noting

For a character with so little recency, getting a costume over so many other options is pretty good. Now I do understand mii costume choices were a bit weird so it isn't too much to go on, but it is still a pretty big feat.

I wouldn't put him out of the running after the ballot at the very least.
:061:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And I just realized I messed up my post regarding Inklings/Phoenix Wright. I guess this is what happens when I try to talk, I mess up. I'm sorry everybody.
That out of the way, for stages there are a few I'd like to see added or brought back:
Mario- Wart's Castle (Super Mario 2)
Zelda-Death Mountain
Mega Man-Metal Man stage or Gemini Man stage (the first Sigma Castle if Sigma gets in)
Fire Emblem-Nohr/Hoshido split
Warioware-Mona's Pizza
Kirby-Treat Land or return of Fountain of Dreams
Sonic- Wacky Workbench or Quartz Quadrant from Sonic CD
Street Fighter-Lair of the Four Kings from Street Fighter V
Earthbound/Mother-Saturn Valley or Dungeon Man
As for assist trophies, Sinistar would be great
You have no idea how much I'd love Sinistar as an Assist. :p

PF9

Smash Lord
Now, I think the US/Canadian release of the game should occur during NHL season, so that the game can be advertised during national NHL broadcasts on NBC and NBCSN in the USA and CBC and the Rogers networks in Canada, and regional NHL broadcasts on the various rights-holders (FSN, CSN, Root Sports, Rogers, TSN, etc.).

Smash is a fighting game, and lots of fighting occurs during NHL games.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Imo K. Rool's chances hinge upon whether there is a DKCR3 and whether he's in it.

If yes, then he is very likely, if no, then not.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't think K. Rool is gonna be in. I mean if he is, cool, but I'm not holding my breath.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
K Rool would be awesome but tbh I do think someone like Dixie or Cranky are likely.

Realtalk though can we please just get a Funky Kong alternate costume for DK? They have literally the same model but Funky wears clothes

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i see people putting desidueye as a contender. any reason why though? and how would he fight?

D

Deleted member

I guess it's time for a new top 5.

1. Bomberman
2. Snake
3. Isaac
4. Inklings
5. Goku

Yes that Goku. Idgaf.
Here's my question to people that want Goku.

.....why have Goku.....when we could have Broly instead? :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they were going to make DKCR3: Return to Croc island K Rool would be more likely

I'd still rather have him than Dixie or Cranky

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think the high ballot score could easily get K.Rool included even if he isn't in a DKCR3.

Not a guarantee, but I don't think he's magically unable to without a recent appearance.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Brock is the rock and there is no one as solid as him
Well if Brock is the rock.

And Dwayne is "The Rock"

Brock=Dwayne Johnson?

On a more serious note, how do you guys feel about :ivysaur::squirtle:? Will we ever see them again?

On a more serious note, how do you guys feel about :ivysaur::squirtle:? Will we ever see them again?
I personally find it unlikely. They initially got in only thanks to Pokemon Trainer's gimmick, and I think the six Smash 4 Pokemon and a potential recent gen Pokemon newcomer will be prioritised over them.

I wouldn't mind them returning, though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That brings up the question as to whether Sakurai will again implement the transformation mechanic in the future when there's no prohibitive hardware limitations.

I hope not. I always wanted them to be separate characters, and it was one of the only good things that came from the limitations imo.
(not so much the loss of Squirtle and Ivysaur - of whom I'm indifferent - more just the separation of characters previously tied to each other)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe they need to find a way of doing transformation characters differently

Like, IDK, building up a meter and when it gets to a certain point it automatically transforms you, or with a button prompt

Like, say Bruce Banner for example and you fight as him but after a while you can turn into the HULK

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have some hope. Though I don't think it's particularly likely.

I really want Ivysaur to return though as it was a really unique fighter. Quadrupedal, plant-based attacks, vines, etc.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That kind of brings up a question.

Your reaction.

Smash 4 port.

Has all Smash 4 characters + Inkling + :pichumelee::younglinkmelee::snake::popo::wolf::ivysaur::squirtle: (with moveset altercations/luigification if necessary)+ New Stages.

One new mode.

What do you think?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Your reaction.

Smash 4 port.

Has all Smash 4 characters + Inkling + :pichumelee::younglinkmelee::snake::popo::wolf::ivysaur::squirtle: (with moveset altercations/luigification if necessary)+ New Stages.

One new mode.

What do you think?
8 extra characters should easily satisfy most people (including me)

Your reaction.

Smash 4 port.

One new mode.

What do you think?
Many would be certainly be satisfied to it.

Personally, I most likely wouldn't buy it. While I would be fine with most veterans returning, I wouldn't buy the same game again for them.

K. Rool and Bandana Dee, on the other hand....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom