• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Aiko

Smash Champion
b-b-b-but you know the sexiest people here are me, you, joe and yens. but most importantly, you and me.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The sexual intercouse we had is starting to fade from my memory.

If we meet again at GT2 you have to show what made me think you were the best for you to be back on good terms with me.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Details and attendees so far:

Date: 6th of March:
Location: South west London, Putney (Stations: East Putney on District Line, Putney on Overland)
Host number: FlyCondor AKA Conor: 07957111652
Game: Melee

Confirmed

Myself
Bishkin
jjlinyard
Deathgazer
j3ly
Fandemz

Maybe:

Retroking2000

Should have 3 setups between me and bishkin.
soz man cant make it, it turns out. sorry about the late notice hope its good tho :)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
well actually scarp what i sed depends what time we can stay till though cos i dunno wen this **** i need t do will be finished....

j3ly

Smash Champion
is anybody tharr yet?
also are your parents in i wouldent mind smoking a joint at some point in the day

can i invite PMS? he's around and i think he will want to go if i tell him about it
if i bring a little food do you mind if i use your microwave ^^

FlyCondor

Smash Cadet
Lol great turnout.

Was still fun though. GG's Deathgazer, Bish and fandemz. Deathgazer you were much better then I remember you to be in our london monthly bracket. Craazyy technical, I feel I learnt a fair bit playing with you. Also fox is lol.

I wonder if its worth picking up a starfox character to improve my technical skills? Can't help but feel thats needed to give me the improvement i need. I guess its time to checkout the falco forums...

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
@flycondor sorry i couldnt make it man something came up and by the time it was done i wudnt have been able to make it anyways =/

VA

Smash Hero
I've just discovered something hilarious. Go onto the videos from the last monthly and use the new transcribe audio function added on youtube. The results are pretty cool.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
"he added against all the leaves will be let's say about"

"no it's not a picnic" LOL

"I want to ask you finally what you say you know the truth who yes the vote would probably be the reason our studies done on thin ice, say again"

frostbyte has gone shiek, out of his collection of characters quote or whatever lol

"frost let's don't see, out of his thoughts are of taxes vote" ahaha

Tips = tapes

frostbyte vs chrisboi 1:25 - 1:35 is pretty accurate ROFL and 2:45 onwards on that match is just too funny too

SPACING = SPACE SUIT

VA

Smash Hero
there are some moments of accuracy, but most of it is what you just listed above and is pretty hilarious.

"no it's not a picnic" hahaha

j3ly

Smash Champion
KUDOS TO THE HAPPIEST SMASHER OF ALL TIME FOR I HAVE FINISHED ALL MY WORK!!

I am keeping a very minor secret that will ensure great improvement by the time of GT2. I will be ready, 100x more ready than i was last tournament and i placed reasonably well.

I want to hit every smashfest between now and then, was seriously slacking in terms of playing anybody outside my immediate friend group who are all sooo 4stockable if you put in any effort. No edgehogging or deep edgeguarding, they are all ******* =/

j3ly

Smash Champion
bleugh his style is poor, took me 1 game of loosing to read and destroy him

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
@Flycondor: we had some GGs, try to not follow the same patterns when you tech like If I Dthrow you near the end of the stage and wavedash back, you always seemed to roll the opposite direction into the edge of the stage so I could easily usmash you. When getting waveshined, try to DI away and add some random crouch cancels in to put them off, that way its harder to predict how far the person needs to waveshine.

At low percentages against floaties with shiek, you could Dthrow => jab and grab them again or even Dthrow=>jab=>Dtilt=>jab and try to grab them again. Also try to mix up nairs and fairs in aerials, I noticed you used fairs alot of the time, nair stays out for longer and has a larger reach. you could SH nair=>Dtilt and jab.

For edge guarding against spacies, I usually use Dtilt near the edge if theyre below/parallel to the stage or drop down=> jump nair but make sure you time it right.

@Bishkin: Same with you with reacting to techs and stuff, sometimes you can roll away and time a jab because when you rol, they are most likely to grab or do a dashing attack. your tech skill keeps improving and thats good, when you wavedash/waveshine wit hfox, try to use the tip of the index finger/nail part to press R to press the button faster, but with falco use normal timing.

With shield pressuring with falco, practice shield pressuring with aerial=>shine=>aerial instead of waveshining because falcos waveshining pressure is quite slow. I hardly use shinegrabs but they can be quite useful at times.
for fox, you can just keep waveshining back and forth if you can do it quick enough but try to predict which direction theyl go bearing in mind the position you are on the stage, the way you are facing and if there are platforms nearby.

when the opponent is above you on a platform (even when theyre shielding) try to do that jump nair so the nair comes out straight away, (Y with the tip of your thumb and A with the middle part) practice getting the timing right because you can still hit them whil theyre shielding if you attack from underneath. Otherwise you could spot waveshine onto the platform into a grab and Dthrow and wait for them to react.

With retreating lasering, try to think of it as 'dragging' the momentum so you SH and hold the direction, flick it in hte opposite direction at the last moment and press B to get long distance lasering.

Thats all I remember for now lol looking forward to playing you guys soon.

@j3ly: are you planning to have a Tescos smashfest at yours on the GT2friday?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
At low percentages against floaties with shiek, you could Dthrow => jab and grab them again or even Dthrow=>jab=>Dtilt=>jab and try to grab them again. Also try to mix up nairs and fairs in aerials, I noticed you used fairs alot of the time, nair stays out for longer and has a larger reach. you could SH nair=>Dtilt and jab.
I don't think jab > dtilt > jab works on lower percents. 99% of the time the best option for Sheik's tech chase is a regrab. When they get to a higher % they can ASDI your Jab resets or buffer rolls/a get-up attack from a jab reset. However, around this % other viable combo moves can be used without being cc'd. Dash attack, usmash and ftilt (this needs to be 100% fresh iirc) are good examples.

VA

Smash Hero
how about punishing tech chased CC's with dsmash? I hear that works quite well with sheik xD

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah I've heard that also works, I think you can get another dsmash from it or a grab. Not too sure though since I don't do that much.

Top Bottom