• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Haha ok

Anyway me and Yeniths just got up. We'll be catching the 9:25am train in a bit then head to Fuzzys house. Be prepared for the EM **** LONDON!!!

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Alright well the Bowser T-shirt is on and my guys and i will be there as soon as we can. I'll be arriving with aura, KUan, Hoe4u and Warning. Pigeon/Kira you're not allowed to go Meta Knight. Good luck Cong, don't worry too much about Siri. Willz try not to counterpick your way through this tournament at least. Where is that pro Melee Fox player, PPro i know you're here, Your Fox is too much.

Melee players, Warning's been training, watch out for the Moonwalks :chuckle:

Brawl players, Hoe4u has got the QAC down, frightening Pikachu indeed :ohwell:

Fuzzyness. I can most definitely pay u back today finally and your bro as well! Tell Gary me and aura said thanks again for saving us that time. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, i deeply apologize to everyone but there shall be no Jimmy this fest. So now we can't blame him for whenever things go wrong.

Arctic Brawler

Smash Rookie
Packed my bag with my 3 gamecube controllers so lets see what opponents I get.

P.s who is the best melee player I kinda wanna give up brawl for melee but I need to get to a good level so I need some training/getting *****.

-BlAz3-

Smash Apprentice
Results for brawl:

1.Willz
2.Trio3
3.Calzorz
4.fuzzyness

Grats willz, really surprised me man.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lmao

Melee Results:

1.Fuzzyness
2.Vanity Angel
3.Frostbyte
4.Bullet Bill
5.Chrisboi
6.Warning(?)

Brawl Results:

1.Calzors + Kira (Shared pot)
3.Willz
4.Exile?
5.Trio3?

Ionno really..I lost the bracket mid way tourney and this was a whole day of stress for me.

Pools were a nightmare, I dont want to do pools ever again especially with the number of people we have, and the fact the brawl community is never willing to bring enough setups. It was a nightmare having to run 2 sets of brawl pools and making it BO1.
Melee we also had problems as we had 47 people, 1 setup less than needed therefore my pool wasted an extra 30 mins - 1 hour.

Thanks to everyone who helped especially monty sitting with me at the pc for about 2 hours.

- Good stuff VA but I still think you haven't improved much since southampton, you aren't adapting well enough!

- Definitely good stuff Warning! :D getting better dude! Learn to handle my spacing and pressure, learn some new falcon trix and you'll be ok!

- Good stuff to Kira for beating me in a srs business metaknight ditto, possibly the first ever serious one in UK tourney? :D was good fun

So yeah it was a good event aside the time management being screwed up by the huge turnout, lack of setups and the switch for my pc being turned off twice -_- Hope everyone had fun and look forward to SmashGT2, I'm gonna put a lot of planning into that

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
**** Today was great

big thanks to fuzzy for organising and to everyone who provided setups,

now i know the brawl skil llevel ill be better prepared for the next tourney ;)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I'd also like to mention a new rule about littering, you guys seriously took the piss this time =) So next time there's gonna be a rubbish section with bin bags and if anyone is caught throwing things on the floor report it to me and I'll chuck them out of the venue =)

also who exactly paid me back? did anyone from this list? I know you did ixis but you only gave me £20 I think? you and auro kinda owed me £20 each :s

Lust - £8.60
Dash - £8.60
j3ly - £8.60
JJLinyard - £6.80

Did you guys pay me? I'm not sure cause it was random during the day

Kone

Smash Master
charles why do you always think theres a 6th place in tournaments? how long have you been running tournaments for now =c

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I know there isn't ed, I just don't really have anything to check

um, my good moments this tourament was DI in brawl + melee

surviving congs f smash with d3 at like 160-180%? rofl

and snakes u tilt at 160%

rob DI was pretty intense too :D

melee DI was surviving VA's n air (I think?) at 160% on FoD

and the combos I was doing ofc =) woo

WARNIIIIIIIIIING! THE SIRENS ARE CALLING!

As prof would say, "I gave VA a reality check!"
sucks you couldnt come J03, missed your train =(

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Awesome event and i got to bring my little bro (kira jnr or tasty) to see all the cool people i know and hang out with so was good.

I do shoutouts 2morrow or something now

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Gantz..........WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!

Do I need to start playing waste characters against so you can get some form of training....

And what isit with you losing to the Marios, you lost to J3ly and then you lost to Bullet Bill.
Congratz on placing 5th though but the crew is no happy where you placed and we are currently under discussion whether or not you DESERVE TO BE IN THE CREW lol!!!

You lost to Bullet Bill once, WHY ARE YOU LETTING IT HAPPY AGAIN AND EVEN WORSE THIS TIME!!!!
And I can't believe you lost against J3ly, you're past his level, you should think that's an instant win as soon as you see him as your opponent.....

Last Dragon I DIDN'T FORGET ABOUT YOU!!!!
You're a DUMB ***** for forefeighting singles even though Gantz entered you in for it lol.....WHYYYYYY??????

L-J

Smash Ace
This tourney was fun. I know the melee results down to 7th and then after that I'm not 100% sure cus we lost the bracket with power failure to the laptop :/

1) Fuzzy
2) VA
3) Frostbyte
4) Bullet Bill
5) Chrisboi
5) Gantz
7) Warning
7) L-J

People who got 9th and 13th will have to say where they placed if we wanna compile a full list of bracket results. And Fuzz pools can be done next monthly deffo we just need more set ups. Everything was actually run pretty efficiently with the limited resources we had, so more tvs/setups and pool's will get done much quicker. If more getting more tvs is a problem though then maybe pools aren't a good idea - it did make everything finish pretty late. Anyways as I said fun tourney. Thanks for running Fuzz I can see how stressed it makes you lol. Shoutouts later.

EDIT: Lol Prof 2 gud.
EDIT of EDIT: Fuzz just said exactly what I was thinking lol

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Prof congrats on placing worse than last for not attending!!

I'm tryng to get a universal remote so I can use those 3 useless t.vs from Neo Empire lol

Also the amount of brawl setups was disgraceful =/ letting down your own community and making it hell for me sux!

Melee we only need a few more.. please guys don't let me down again and stop being lazy..bring the **** setups

VA

Smash Hero
lmao

Melee Results:

1.Fuzzyness
2.Vanity Angel
3.Frostbyte
4.Bullet Bill
5.Chrisboi
6.Warning(?)

Brawl Results:

1.Calzors + Kira (Shared pot)
3.Willz
4.Exile?
5.Trio3?

Ionno really..I lost the bracket mid way tourney and this was a whole day of stress for me.

Pools were a nightmare, I dont want to do pools ever again especially with the number of people we have, and the fact the brawl community is never willing to bring enough setups. It was a nightmare having to run 2 sets of brawl pools and making it BO1.
Melee we also had problems as we had 47 people, 1 setup less than needed therefore my pool wasted an extra 30 mins - 1 hour.

Thanks to everyone who helped especially monty sitting with me at the pc for about 2 hours.

- Good stuff VA but I still think you haven't improved much since southampton, you aren't adapting well enough!

- Definitely good stuff Warning! :D getting better dude! Learn to handle my spacing and pressure, learn some new falcon trix and you'll be ok!

- Good stuff to Kira for beating me in a srs business metaknight ditto, possibly the first ever serious one in UK tourney? :D was good fun

So yeah it was a good event aside the time management being screwed up by the huge turnout, lack of setups and the switch for my pc being turned off twice -_- Hope everyone had fun and look forward to SmashGT2, I'm gonna put a lot of planning into that
lol, I think if you were watching the game you'd notice I HAVE improved lol. you've improved a lot more though.

Think about this, I haven't played with anyone above my level since december and you've been to holland playing games with amsah for days. If I had that I would be much better, but yeah I'm going to get a lot better, all I need is a bit of real practice. Fact is I beat you on YS with my scrubby fox, not something I've ever done before so xD

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Hm I guess so.. I duno it's not holland that helped it's just the fact that I'm pretty hyped for Canada, been trying to help some people improve and get more consistent myself at the same time. Prof really helped me get confident at the game with the fox matchup =) once I knew that every other matchup was easier really

you definitely got better with your setups and combos but you clearly are lacking in edgeguarding with peach, and adapting + spacing (I can't tell you the one thing I was punishing tho :D you might notice it when you watch the vids, I usually got a knee from it haha) It's kinda something that peach can't do much about. I can't really explain how to improve tho..just step it up and like I said I'm willing to play whenever =) so come down or I will sometime

I've also been pretty active recently and playing a lot unlike the past year or so where I'd only play every 2 weeks

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah I mean, I really haven't had any competition since PH2 and it shows.

I think my spacing is good actually and you weren't exactly massively outspacing me. What you do which is not adapting, which you're using as its a buzzword, is do what you do when you need it. You combod from grab insanely well and your recovery was really hard to deal with. But it's not to do with adapting really...I couldn't figure out there and then but that's not adapating really, it's just knowing what to do.

In response to Fuzzy's post... My Wii is absolutly F'ed. It takes like 10-15 tries to read ANY disk, it makes a churning noise, and just looks generally unpleasent.....

So yeah those are the only reasons I didn't bring a setup. I'll try and get this thing fixed and see what I can do about the next tourny.

Oh and Brackets > Pools.

I would have entered Melee, but I honestly couldn't find an ATM near the venue D:

Tamoo

Smash Master
I'll upload all matches on monday, maybe even tomorrow if i get to it :o

God this tournament was stacked, considering some of the people who didn't get through pools, was pretty well played by anyone who got through pools. ESPECIALLY CHEEZ!!!!! Such good **** making it through. Dave, you gotta step it up! Hugo... well keep trying :p

ninth place was me, duncan, j3ly and kman i think

GANTZ why do you have to be my bane lol, you play that matchup soooooo **** well, some nice close matches, I though I may have been able to nick a 3 stock comeback on the last match but crouch cancelling is gay :p

And i guess I will forever be 'Chrisboi's bogey' lol. I remember charles just leaving when i got that first rest on chrisboi in disgust lool.

Pools was an absolute nightmare, timewise. It was quite fun tho, got to play synapse for the first time which was cool, although finding out that it was top 2 not top 3 going through halfway through the match wasn't the best thing at aiding my nerves lol.

Cheers for the tournament and housing and general **** practice Charles :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I'm pretty sure my help recently is actually helping people now, seen Dizard, Kira, Clockmire and Tamoo improve quite a bit :D Glad I could help you guys

Clockmire you still suck against fox+falco tho :( just watch my vids!

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
The tournament was fantastic and i thorughly enjoyed it myself, even if it was a giant cluster**** when it came to pools. I hopefully will see the results soon anyway, so I will be waiting.

Kone

Smash Master
Charles - ASDA have universal remotes. There cheapest one, which is like £8, works very well. It has always worked on every tv that I have had that is remoteless.

Also charles how many tvs do you have? I am looking into summer european venues and thinking of looking at london area instead of brum.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, the pools were a bit dodgy, but it was fun, although i thought it was weird that one pool had only 4 people and mine had 6, made life harder for me TT_TT.
but regardless, great fun meeting you all, and i hope to see you all in smash gt. i plan on bringing a wii with me next time because there was hardly any brawl setups. just one thing, do i need to have hacked it for unlimited replays?

VA

Smash Hero
Charles you've stepped up so much since PH2, watch the videos of our set and compare them to these ones and you'll see the difference, it's pretty huge. Your strengths are much much better, but your weaknesses were more or less the same. The strengths massivley compensate for the weaknesses though so never mind haha.

On a side note, I think the stage rules were pretty gay at this tournament. I felt I had one good counterpick on you after you banned DL, which was FoD. After I'd won there and FD in the first set there was no where for me to go xD

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
This tourney was fun. I know the melee results down to 7th and then after that I'm not 100% sure cus we lost the bracket with power failure to the laptop :/

1) Fuzzy
2) VA
3) Frostbyte
4) Bullet Bill
5) Chrisboi
5) Gantz
7) Warning
7) L-J

People who got 9th and 13th will have to say where they placed if we wanna compile a full list of bracket results. And Fuzz pools can be done next monthly deffo we just need more set ups. Everything was actually run pretty efficiently with the limited resources we had, so more tvs/setups and pool's will get done much quicker. If more getting more tvs is a problem though then maybe pools aren't a good idea - it did make everything finish pretty late. Anyways as I said fun tourney. Thanks for running Fuzz I can see how stressed it makes you lol. Shoutouts later.

EDIT: Lol Prof 2 gud.
EDIT of EDIT: Fuzz just said exactly what I was thinking lol
I think I somehow skipped out a match? Just looking at that and realising I didn't play LJ or Warning and I think I should have played one of them. Should I have played you after your chrisboi match LJ?

HAS ANYONE PICKED UP A WHITE GC PAD because I lost mine at the venue :(. It has a faint pen mark at the end of the cable (the plug-in end)

L-J

Smash Ace
Ben it deffo wasn't me you needed to play cus I lost to Chrisboi in losers and Warning in winners. Maybe you were supposed to play Warning but I'm pretty sure he told me he'd lost in losers too :/ I dunno, either way you deserved your placing so don't worry about it :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
This tournament was great, made me realise a lot of things I've been doing wrong. I'm really happy I managed to get out of pools this time with my 2 day old Sheik and that I stuck with her all throughout the tournament, now I just have to read up on her.

To anyone who got annoyed about me changing mains, I think I've finally stuck with one. I improve too slowly with Falco, and while I do like Marth, I just find Sheik fits me a lot better and the results clearly show it. I think it's safe to say I'm sticking, though I'm still terrible vs Falcon. >_>

Thanks Charles for hosting this, some **** went wrong but overall your job was decent (though some things could have been run better, like not turning up so late lol). Thanks to everyone I played, I had some really cool matches like my bracket set with Kman and my friendlies with George after at my house.

OmegaExile

Smash Cadet
I'll bring a set up ur 2 each time then (2 if i buy my lil bro a wii)
i just thought u guys wud be kool with set-ups but i guess mr charles needs help

the only reason i didnt bring my wii is becoz i dnt have all the chars/stages lol (new NTSC version)

and i'm sure the results were...

1) Kira! +Calzorz
3) Willz
4) Dopl
5) EX!LE
5) Trio3

Top Bottom