• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
well i went through the trouble for you, so you dont have to find it.

You know the truth? Weve even been to japan as a crew before, we wouldnt do that if we werent close >.>
What you found was me being cocky, not how it started.

And you went to Japan as friends not as a crew lol.
And if you were showing signs of teamwork there that was just because you are out of your area and you are forced to.

The same as in when Europeans go to America and unite because they are in a foreign area and have to stick together.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Mr Pro- you are a nice guy, but online sometimes you are definately not a nice guy.

Tamoo and Mr Pro- please stop argueing and insulting each other : / esp you pro, stop talking **** about his crew! omg so rude
Now that you have singled me out by saying 'esp you pro' you have further motivated me to cause trouble.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I greatly enjoy kfc, watermelons and basketball. I'm also tall. (This is all very true)

Can I join, I half fit in. :confused:
loool I don't actually enjoy watermelon that much just to shed the stereo type and used to play basketball but haven't in a while........I cannot deny the KFC statement though lol.

Sorry for triple post, I saw new posts everytime and couldn't be bothered to press edit.

Tamoo

Smash Master
j3ly: cheers man, i really appreciate it

and we did play smash in japan lol! Many many hours of it lol. We were all set to play the best in japan but he flaked last minute

and lol, just noticed your sig

Prof: Lets just leave it as a misunderstanding then, I know exactly when it started, you misunderstanding what i said about cheez and LD lol, thats all it was, no need to continue. Neither of us really instigated anything.

J03

Smash Master
Mr Pro- you are a nice guy, but online sometimes you are definately not a nice guy.

Tamoo and Mr Pro- please stop argueing and insulting each other : / esp you pro, stop talking **** about his crew! omg so rude
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

Also, boards are so ****ing awful now. It's a shame that most of the players outside have been deterred by the awfulness of the London posts. This thread is unreadable and literally who posts these days that isn't from London or the South. The divide has become so pronounced between north and south now, north is almost completely dead and the percentage of decent players outside of London in the south is ****ing poor.

UK scene feels totally dead now, it's only London/South + VA.

BTW this is VA

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Prof: Lets just leave it as a misunderstanding then, I know exactly when it started, you misunderstanding what i said about cheez and LD lol, thats all it was, no need to continue. Neither of us really instigated anything.
loool Ok.

Also, boards are so ****ing awful now. It's a shame that most of the players outside have been deterred by the awfulness of the London posts. This thread is unreadable and literally who posts these days that isn't from London or the South. The divide has become so pronounced between north and south now, north is almost completely dead and the percentage of decent players outside of London in the south is ****ing poor.

BTW this is VA
North peoples dead scenery has nothing to do with London posts.

It has stuff to do with the effort they are putting in to ACTUALLY do anything in their region, we post our insutles in our own thread so I dunno how that affects a northern player because if they had something to be interested and focused on in their scene then they wouldn't be coming our threads and have anything to be put off by.

But I know you don't like London's behaviour so you obviously like feel you have to blame it on something.

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah and southampton has an easily accessibly airport too.

This is presuming your not a brawler which is contrary to what your character icon suggests, but even if you are, melee is awesome so you should check it out regardless really

The Last Dragon

Smash Apprentice

BTW this is VA
Gantz: if you feel that way maybe you should do something about it, instead of blaming it on the south london.

TC: we will have a discussion about it and let you know.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
unnecessary excuses on blaming London for no reason, we had 5 people 3 years ago and then I kept hosting events and the community became more and more active/grew. You guys gotta keep up the activity everywhere else

PeterFile

Smash Cadet
Any money matches anyone? Melee or Brawl I don't care I'll **** you on either of them.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
unnecessary excuses on blaming London for no reason, we had 5 people 3 years ago and then I kept hosting events and the community became more and more active/grew. You guys gotta keep up the activity everywhere else
You know what VA is like, he has to blame us for something for him to be complete.

He still hasn't described to me even though I have asked this question a number of times which is 'How does London destroy the UK scene with trashtalking when we are insutling our own people from our own region in our own threads???'

Jo3 you ask him that aswell, and lets see how long it takes him to come up with an awnser.

There are arguements that go on in the EM thread sometimes, this affects no1 except for the people in the region.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Lol J03 tomorrow is still on don't worry

I spent an hour tidying my room for you pricks today :p

I would appreciate if all of you could get to Victoria about 1 o clock instead of me having to go back and forth to get people. >_>

Things you lot need to bring: Another melee disc and memory card, your controllers (bait), Profs haircut, Bishkins kicks, Dashes grin and J03's northern accent >___> (fails)

I have two TVs a cube and wii so dont bother bringing your cube or anything.

My number is 07943062295 bell me on that when you're at viccy and ill come get you. Safe bruva !

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Dash is likely to be late 2moro due to something to do with his job reference or something.
So he should be coming later and I am coming also at 1pm, I dont wanna cut my hair btw lol.
I will bring them things needed though, you have recording equipment right and able to upload the matches?

I'm talking about clear recording equipment.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i got recording equipment Dazzle DVC100 deep quality trust.

I know i think your hair looks good lol i wasn't saying it in a bad way lol.

Peterfile: I think j3ly is doing something on Friday but it might be full already as he was only having 5-6 people round.

VA

Smash Hero
you're not listening, your scene is great, I agreewith that. But I speak to players outside of london enough to know how they feel about the way our community works and the trashtalk bull****. I now do not care for the community, I play for myself and I play to get better, that's it. Charles you attitude only serves toshow exactly how divided the community is now, the reason no one can be bothered is because how much **** talk goes on.

Anyway, I'm coming on saturday, lock up your sons because I'm going to start ******.

J03

Smash Master
Again it's me posting under J03's account. But seriously I've spoken to so many people who are just like "I don't like the way our community works, I don't want to play anymore". So I'm not just trying to shove blame onto you for no reason, I'm just sayin' this is how it is now. I don't really care like I said but I feel like national tournaments are dead and London is where the tournies will continue to be from now.

Suits me fine as it's close :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you're not listening, your scene is great, I agreewith that. But I speak to players outside of london enough to know how they feel about the way our community works and the trashtalk bull****. I now do not care for the community, I play for myself and I play to get better, that's it. Charles you attitude only serves toshow exactly how divided the community is now, the reason no one can be bothered is because how much **** talk goes on.

Anyway, I'm coming on saturday, lock up your sons because I'm going to start ******.
I understand what you are trying to say but I don't see how us trashtalking with each other could affect people inside of their own region so drastically as you are stating
We haven't shown any trashtalk to people outside of London to a level which will make them quit the scene so I still do not agree with you saying that London has caused a divide.

I just wanna know how you think them coming into our thread and not liking what they see would make them quit.
It's like me going into a Scotland thread and seeing trashtalks and threats (we don't threaten people) and me quitting the game...it wouldn't make sense cos what they do doesn't affect me.

It is purely on the lack of events in their own area and their own effort, i've even read threads from the other regions with people saying they have been to busy lately to setup up any events.
Unless us trashtaking made them not want to host an event :confused: lol Which is obviously not the reason.

Of course you prob spoke to people who said they didnt like London trashtalk but i'm sure they would have sticked around if they had something to do.

Tamoo

Smash Master
sooooo

who's going to j3ly's place tomorrow then? Is it jus me and deathgazer so far i take it?

Also, I wont be able to get there until like 7-8 cos i was unsuccessful in getting time off work lol, but i will try and leave as soon as possible, its a friday so i could probs knock an hour or two off of the end if i try

j3ly

Smash Champion
yeh pro u 3 could come, but if you do that means that all other spaces are closed.

VA

Smash Hero
I understand what you are trying to say but I don't see how us trashtalking with each other could affect people inside of their own region so drastically as you are stating
We haven't shown any trashtalk to people outside of London to a level which will make them quit the scene so I still do not agree with you saying that London has caused a divide.

I just wanna know how you think them coming into our thread and not liking what they see would make them quit.
It's like me going into a Scotland thread and seeing trashtalks and threats (we don't threaten people) and me quitting the game...it wouldn't make sense cos what they do doesn't affect me.

It is purely on the lack of events in their own area and their own effort, i've even read threads from the other regions with people saying they have been to busy lately to setup up any events.
Unless us trashtaking made them not want to host an event :confused: lol Which is obviously not the reason.

Of course you prob spoke to people who said they didnt like London trashtalk but i'm sure they would have sticked around if they had something to do.
Basically it's like this. It may not necessarily be to do with trash talk in terms of personal insults but writing lists of the top 5 and excluding certain people who are respected players in favour of Chrisboi has definitely had an effect.

The lack of respect that resonates out of London is pretty huge. I know I'm in the top 3 in the UK and you keep telling me that Last Dragon will be able to beat me and it's pretty disrespectful tbh. I personally don't mind that much because I've had so much of it from you and I'm determined enough to keep playing and prove to myself that I can do what I know I'm capable of.

Don't confuse trash talking with causing events to not happen, it's the lack of general respect + insults that you bring that discourage a large portion of players from even competing.

I'm not saying this because I want London to look bad or whatever this is just my opinion on what I perceive to be a diminishing community outside of London. I'm discouraged from going to events when I hear **** loads of trash talk but I'll still go, others may not be so persistent.

I do NOT want to engage in an argument about this, I'm writing what I believe to be a somehwat common consensus of the behaviour of the community over the past year. You don't have to do anything or say anything to this I'm just putting it out there.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i hate to take a side, but va - i HAVE to say - if they are addicted enough to the game, ie they love it like everybody else does - nothing will stop them from playing if they truly want to.

Also it is not the community that getting other smash heads into smash, its their Friends, so save the 1 person who joined the community by chance on this page (Bishkin) not too many people are going to be getting into smash, and the community through this page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEPROKYrkWg&NR=1

awesome.

VA

Smash Hero
i hate to take a side, but va - i HAVE to say - if they are addicted enough to the game, ie they love it like everybody else does - nothing will stop them from playing if they truly want to.

Also it is not the community that getting other smash heads into smash, its their Friends, so save the 1 person who joined the community by chance on this page (Bishkin) not too many people are going to be getting into smash, and the community through this page.

awesome.
I found this start after discovering advanced techniques and I had no idea people ran tournaments until I did. Anyway yeah I agree, if people have conviction enough they will continue. I'm drawing attention to the fact that not everyone in the community does and we're slowly killing ourselves with trash talk.

London on the other hand is piping hot. it doesn't matter to me, I'm just bringing it up because no one will and giving people something to think about before smash becomes London + VA.

VA

Smash Hero

awesome.
there is a small chance that I want to come to your house on friday, am I allowed?

VA

Smash Hero
I don't, I was to go to J3ly's. Also it's pretty unlikely because I have a dutch girl staying with me and she leaves on friday at like 1am. I'm trying to think of a way out of this.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Well lets see if I can straighten this up.

Due to everyone outside of london not having many people to play/ being of a generally lower skill level, we naturally want to try the london challenge to see how we do.

Everythings fine thus far. See now in recent times, when anyone has posted in this thread who HASN'T been from london, they have either been flat out ignored, told that they will get ***** because their region sucks, or told that they have "no opinion" or aren't welcome because they play brawl. Prof saying otherwise is either delusional, blind, or lying.

The north has a more laid back attitude to smash, it's just a game to us. Sure we trash talk and such, but not to the extent of saying "you're not a man unless you bet a whole ****ing tenner" or "You and your crew have no faith in each other as people" (to name but a few). The few of us up here who genuinely want to improve to the extent of traveling to your scene will do so, but I can count those people on both my hands, if not one.

See this alone is bad enough, but we have the feeling that if any of us were to go to london to play EITHER smash game for improvement (because we certainly won't come for the community), we obviously wouldn't be placing top 3 for bragging rights... which is pretty much all we want to play for. The only reason most of us particularly want to travel down there is because a select few londerners talking down to every other region, saying you're on another level and that we would be ***** if we visited you. Whilst this may be true, it's also blatantly obvious that if we DID try coming to your tournaments and placed poorly, we would never hear the end of it (once again from a select few individuals dragging down the tone).

On another note, will you children stop discriminating people for a reason as petty as what game they chose to play? Thats worse than ****ing racism, showing yourself to be smallminded and in no small way ignorant. How would you react if everyone constantly responded to every post you typed saying "You have no opinion, you're black". If you can't see the comparison, I have absolutely no time for you. Actually on that note, I can see this entire post being disregarded as a "lol brawler" thing, I can see why you get frustrated VA.

I'd like to point out though, what I saw here in no way reflects on the entire london community. It's the handful of people who take their game so seriously as to personally attack people who play a different version of the same franchise, or take their own superiority complex to such an extent as to have a 5 page argument about the difference of TWO ****ING POUNDS.

I'm not expecting anything from this post. This is more just explaining our thoughts. I'm certain this will be flamed to ****, but we're past caring right now, because borderline every post in this thread for the past 30 pages has been flamed. Oh and I had a word with Fuzzy about this the other night, and he brought up the point that northerners seem lazy about smash. On the whole I agree whoelheartedly, but bear in mind we (on the whole) don't take the games as seriously as seems to happen here.

Feel free to divulge your thoughts. I'd appreciate it if your arguments were constructive and polite, but that's probably asking too much =]

Top Bottom