• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Blazin!

Smash Apprentice
exile, dont get to cocky like i did

oh wait, i was cocky but still *****. Ha.

cong you got this, believe your better and you will be better =] your azn man you got the biggest head start ever

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Willzarth will win Melee for sure.
Stop saying that **** George kept saying it yesterday lol. It's so ***** old.

n

Dittos mean **** like WiFi. If they did I would be like best Bowser in UK Europe because I beat Ixis in Bowser dittos a few EM fests back.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Prof: i swear falcos SH is to short to reach the side platforms on most 3 platform stages and his full jump is too high, so how do you do the isai drop? or is it like short hop=> mid air jump that lands just onto the platform so you can do it.

and for edge guarding with lasers, i normally run off the platform and shoot double lasers while DIing back onto the stage.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Prof: i swear falcos SH is to short to reach the side platforms on most 3 platform stages and his full jump is too high, so how do you do the isai drop? or is it like short hop=> mid air jump that lands just onto the platform so you can do it.

and for edge guarding with lasers, i normally run off the platform and shoot double lasers while DIing back onto the stage.
lol I'm not just talking about edgeguarding, you can run off the edge and shoot people but you can't do it if you are not near the edge and on a platform.

Basically if you land on a platform doing nothing or in this case doing a laser you will have alot of lag before you can drop down below the platform as shown in this video at between 0:20 and and 0:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uVk-myfyLI

But at 0:35 to the end (even though he does it kinda slow he is dropping below the platform sometimes) you can do this as a falco to shoot another laser which can be very helpful in ALOT of situation.

Zhu is doing it here between 0:12 and 0:15 and prob does it alot more times in the match. Just so you know what I am talking about.
And I have punished you for not doing it a few times cos I know once you shoot a laser on a platform you have no choice but to run off the platform or jump again.

Just learn it trust me, you find alot of situations where it is useful.
Just quarter circle as soon as you land, it's prob best to learn it without the laser and then do it with the laser.

J03

Smash Master
Pro: there are some things mentioned here that i am interested in, i currently find myself thinking 'if i could just fall through quicker i could catch them'. i have trouble isai dropping and im wondernig if you could help me learn. Also do you personally isai drop in game?? ( i dont mean once or twice, is it an integral part of your platform game)

Sanu

Smash Champion
You might iswell MM me then since you are having one with him lol.
Prob do £2 or more.

So do you main fox btw lol?
I don't really main anyone anymore, haha. Mostly Falco/Peach

£3 mm? A little more than a week a away before I take your money :bee:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
zhu is doing jack **** cos u didnt link a video :mad:
Sorry about that it's here lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buHxEvhrqlo

And JO3 I am in a rush so I will reply when I get back home.

I don't really main anyone anymore, haha. Mostly Falco/Peach

£3 mm? A little more than a week a away before I take your money :bee:
loool I'm used to taking peoples money when they think they are gonna win, infact it's my hobby so thanks for allowing me to continue it lol.

I will go all fox and it will be recorded out of 7 so I can beat you 4-0 then show your Canadian friends lol.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
do you guys ever wonder why this game is so gay? why is it so difficult to do anything lol. Spose thats why we love it.. :p

Also, deathgazer, your tech skill is amazing, if you had the mind games and match up knowledge/experience you would be one of the top players for sure.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
this may sound wierd, but ive been practising against computers, by not looking at my character but looking at thiers all the time, coz i realised i just watch myself play, dont look at my opponent and walk into obvious moves/combos way too easilly.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
thats def a good point Calum. You should definately consider more carefully what would be the most effective strategy at any given time. This starts with simple things like what do you think will counter what your opponent is most likely to do. On the defensive, what can I do that will get me back on stage safely? What edgeguards will my opponent likely use? How can I get around that.

Playing matchups as well- what is on your side? Combos? Grabs? Edgeguards? Crouch cancelling? Projectiles? Prioruty? Likewise, what is on their side?

All these things are what you should be thinking about. It's not about what tech skill you can do it's about what thing you can do that will be the most effective regardless of how technical it is to do

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Pro: there are some things mentioned here that i am interested in, i currently find myself thinking 'if i could just fall through quicker i could catch them'. i have trouble isai dropping and im wondernig if you could help me learn. Also do you personally isai drop in game?? ( i dont mean once or twice, is it an integral part of your platform game)
Sorry I took long to respond.
Infact I don't really incorporate it that much into my game play, the reason for this is because I usually do an aerial on the platform and once you do an aerial you can instantly drop under the platform as soon as the lag from the move is done (must be something to do with the L-cancelling outprioritzing the landing lag or something)
It is only incorporated in my gameplay when I am shooting a laser and I want to drop underneath the platform which I ocassionaly do with fox but mostly with falco for obvious reasons.

For practicing Isai Dropping I say you should just go on ANY stage and then just practice it, all you do it quarter circle the stick from front to bottom as fast as possible.
Once you got this down then attempt doing it with lasers

But I guess it could be put into ones gameplay but I don't really put it in there unless I am shooting a laser, if you have anythingelse to awnser I will be more then happy to, hope any of this helped.

Oh, i thought you meant jump onto platform then isai platform drop instantly.
If youre facing to the right, then quater circle to which direction?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxgGtMLEfw

lol PC platform dropping.
You basically quarter circle whatever direction you are facing, if you are facing right then you do it right to down, if you are facing left then do it left to down.

Tell me how it has gone and if you have tried it or not and anyonelse tell me if they tried it.

thats def a good point Calum. You should definately consider more carefully what would be the most effective strategy at any given time. This starts with simple things like what do you think will counter what your opponent is most likely to do. On the defensive, what can I do that will get me back on stage safely? What edgeguards will my opponent likely use? How can I get around that.

Playing matchups as well- what is on your side? Combos? Grabs? Edgeguards? Crouch cancelling? Projectiles? Prioruty? Likewise, what is on their side?

All these things are what you should be thinking about. It's not about what tech skill you can do it's about what thing you can do that will be the most effective regardless of how technical it is to do
Nice post Benny Boy loool.
Bullet Bill showing he has some knowledge about the game lol :)

what bb said is true, but you still need some suprises + scary stuff + own style stuff in your game :p
Yeah I agree with this.
I like to do alot of my own style stuff in this game.

yeah, that is in fact me in the picture
That infact looks like a black version of Monty lol.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
No it's just Charles acting like a ****** and calling Bullet Bill 'BB'.

BloodBowler is in America atm.

J03

Smash Master
Ben and Charles: yes its true and your both right, and to look at it in retrospect makes perfect sense, but for an up-and-coming player to understand it is impossible.

all youve said to them is 'be careful' and 'use tricks'.

Its no wonder the London is terrible bar a few players xD. you need to learn to teach rofl

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Ben and Charles: yes its true and your both right, and to look at it in retrospect makes perfect sense, but for an up-and-coming player to understand it is impossible.

Its no wonder the London is terrible bar a few players xD. you need to learn to teach rofl
lol? no I didn't just just say 'be careful' or 'use tricks' I've talked through all of the things you should consider when playing a match against anyone and it was very good advice.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
lol? no I didn't just just say 'be careful' or 'use tricks' I've talked through all of the things you should consider when playing a match against anyone and it was very good advice.
i thought it was good advice :)

man i sound like such a suck up

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im a better teacher than you think, I've been giving europeans some really good advice recently :) even gave Over and Amsah some advice about marth they didnt know. It's just that no one ever ASKS me

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.

on this note cheers for the advice joe, i feel like its been helping a lot =p

Top Bottom