• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Sanu

Smash Champion
hmm you could probably ask some if they would house you or someting, which airport are you leaving England from?
Honestly, I have no idea. So far the dates look like this...

26th: Get to London the night of. Stay the night at at a hotel.
27th: Enjoy a day in London, sightseeing and whatever.
28th: Bye bye London, we get transported to Manchester and spend the weekend there.
29th: Manchester omg.
30th: Manchester whooooo.
31st: Still in Manchester, could be leaving for London in the evening.
1st: Potentially still in Manchester, could be leaving for London in the morning. Enjoy a day in London, spend the night at a hotel.
2nd: Jump on the plane in the morning and head back to Canada.

Getting housing is pretty much out of the question because this whole trip is governed by a contest my boyfriend won. If there's the possibility that someone could host a mini-fest on the 27th, I'd drop by and play you guys then. I'm available on the 1st too.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
haha, sucks that it happens 2 days after you're in london. I'm sure charles (Fuzzyness) could host if you asked him, chances are he will anyway.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
There's quite a lot of foreign people coming to London recently lol.

In the SHS some Canada player is coming there and he decent and they said they want to see how he does and I think it might be Sanuzi they were talking about lol.

Well this is some match I found of you Sanuzi on youtube and you seem alright.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCwV8XRvI0Y
Lets see how you do against some of the top people in the UK lol.

Moons

Smash Rookie
When is this tournament? it says August 1st here (which has already happened), but august 29th on AiB...

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
lol blazin i dont think he is, its just americans/western people say boyfriend and girlfriend meaning a friend that is a boy or girl.

When is this tournament? it says August 1st here (which has already happened), but august 29th on AiB...
This event happens every month, August the 1st was the last one.
I think Fuzzy just forgot to change it or something, but yer the next one is august 29th.

whereabouts are you from and do you play melee or brawl?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
augusrt 29th man.... fuzzyness just hasnt updated first page :p

btw for anyone interested AIB 13 confirmed for this event,

Moons

Smash Rookie
This event happens every month, August the 1st was the last one.
I think Fuzzy just forgot to change it or something, but yer the next one is august 29th.

whereabouts are you from and do you play melee or brawl?
ah, Okay. I'm fairly near to Brighton, I can only play brawl competitively (to a vague extent).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol blazin i dont think he is, its just americans/western people say boyfriend and girlfriend meaning a friend that is a boy or girl.
No I think he is gay cos people don't oftenly say that as they known how misleading it can be but whatever it's his choice lol.

ah, Okay. I'm fairly near to Brighton, I can only play brawl competitively (to a vague extent).
You should still come anyway cos there are smashers who are at all types of levels and it will be there first tournament and different type of people so you will fit in.

Moons

Smash Rookie
Eh, maybe. I just played melee as a casual person and I feel that if I tried to make it competitive, I wouldn't reach a good level, and ruin the good memories :p

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
"choice" prof lol

w/e who cares ~~, there's a few in the uk anyway blazin

Blazin!

Smash Apprentice
i guess, i dont care i was just wondering lol, i have nothing wrong with gays ^_^

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
well people had sum gd times ppl n over the last couple of tournament i hven't improve to much n im slowly going dwn hill in the community so guys i think i shall make this my last tournament guess its time 2 move on ppl. enjoy smash every1. btw ill leave my youtube account up so no epic matches get lost

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
well people had sum gd times ppl n over the last couple of tournament i hven't improve to much n im slowly going dwn hill in the community so guys i think i shall make this my last tournament guess its time 2 move on ppl. enjoy smash every1. btw ill leave my youtube account up so no epic matches get lost
gutted :( gonna have to make this one now

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You were improving actually, I dont understand what makes you think you weren't :confused:
You should stick around though cos you have potential and there is more to come and what about the banter :(????

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
to be honest I can understand what King prob thinks and I for one know what it's like to not place much in tournaments or just not winning much in general. For my 1st three tournaments I'm pretty sure I didn't win a single match. It's not all that encouraging considering we all want to be good and place high etc.

Hope you keep playing mate XD. I know it seems like your not improving but I think you are

Sanu

Smash Champion
Alright, so I've run into a problem. According to my previously posted schedule, the plan was to arrive in London on the 26th. The company running the contest had us book our own flights... so obviously we leave Canada early on the 26th and get to the UK around 9 PMish.

The problem: It turns out the contest does NOT cover the hotel for the 26th, they're only responsible the August 27th - September 1st. We've already booked the flight, so we're essentially screwed over for the first night of our trip unless we pay for an extra night at the hotel... which requires money that both of us don't have.

What I am asking is... if there is any chance, could one of you house us the night of the 26th? I know this is a lot to ask coming from some random guy online, but it would really be appreciated. Not to mention, this would also kill two birds with one stone; I'd actually have a good amount time to smash with you guys thanks to the extra day instead of just 1-2 measly hours that I've been vying to fit in. Just to note; I actually am gay and my boyfriend, who is accompanying me, would require accommodation as well.

Thanks much in advance. Don't worry about it if no one can spare any space. we'll try to figure something out. Also, lol@choice.

Kone

Smash Master
sanuzi - u may find it hard to get housed in london, dont think any of the londoners have their own place or what not. Tis why theres never a london tourney with housing :./.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Fuzzy and the others should be returning on Thursday + everyone please check out the newly revamped first post of this thread :)

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
I was debating whether or not to upload the .tio file or a screenshot of the bracket for both melee and brawl. The advantage over the screenshots would be that people will not have to install the software but the disadvantage is looking at all the details such as all of the players who competed and others.

The pools are generated + completed on paper and I don't believe you can add pools into Tio Tournament Organizer. Putting the pools onto paper makes them easier to hand out to players so they can add their results rather than relaying back and forth.

If you think they should be digitalised + uploaded then ask Fuzzy.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
I was debating whether or not to upload the .tio file or a screenshot of the bracket for both melee and brawl. The advantage over the screenshots would be that people will not have to install the software but the disadvantage is looking at all the details such as all of the players who competed and others.

The pools are generated + completed on paper and I don't believe you can add pools into Tio Tournament Organizer. Putting the pools onto paper makes them easier to hand out to players so they can add their results rather than relaying back and forth.

If you think they should be digitalised + uploaded then ask Fuzzy.
lol i have organised 5 tournaments using tio tournament organiser, it has a pool system which works fine which also seed's the bracket after the pools, and others things which i cant be bothered to go into detail lol but yeah next time i guess ill take the pool papers and edit the file before putting it up on aib, cos this is a big help to keep a history of tournaments and other players will see how large the london monthlies are :)

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
I like how 'Videos' just links to the melee ones and not the brawl ones.
For those who are requesting Brawl matches then either one of the following:
1. We'll record some matches at the next event with the video capture card
or
2. Someone needs to save the matches to their memory card then upload the file for others to use.

jjlinyard said:
i have organised 5 tournaments using tio tournament organiser, it has a pool system which work...
Ok I'll look into it + have a word with Fuzzy when he returns.

Kone

Smash Master
It saves time arsing on after pools have finished with seeding the bracket like jj said. Tis all good (aslong as in the bracket u are aware to also seed my region or crew which may have tobe done automatically, something people tend to forget :/)

Sanu

Smash Champion
sanuzi - u may find it hard to get housed in london, dont think any of the londoners have their own place or what not. Tis why theres never a london tourney with housing :./.
Haha, guess we'll just have to stay up all night or something then; that, or a hostel. The first night is gonna suck.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
SOSpanties is the YT brawl account imneoofthem so just link to that
Nope that's my personal account you silly sausage.

I'll record some Brawl matches at the next Monthly just for you sweetheart :laugh:

+ :mad: that's imoneofthem to you mister, wtf is a imneoofthem!?

Top Bottom