• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
well on the 15th july (pretty far ahead of time) we are having a clan battle vs Nibiru, who we will **** in both games, soooo if you want feel free to pop in then with some buddy's and we can have a large smash fest?? maybe have a HSAM vs Prof ??? lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
well on the 15th july (pretty far ahead of time) we are having a clan battle vs Nibiru, who we will **** in both games, soooo if you want feel free to pop in then with some buddy's and we can have a large smash fest?? maybe have a HSAM vs Prof ??? lol
lol Yeah that sounds good, i'm just gonna check up on seeing if I have anything on those days and I will get back to you but that sounds pretty good.
Looking forward to HSAM vs Prof lol. How many of them are there anyway.

Dave's Gays > Prof.
Don't get too happy that 4 of you can take me out with 4 stocks lol.
You're basically insulting yourself by acknowledging that you need your whole crew to beat me lol.

official :)
prof, will you be confident enough to take us from now on after having almost lost three stocks to my jiggs on yoshi's in our mm lol? ;)
loool That same logic of 'I played you in the past and I did well so I will do well again when I play you next time' is what got you 4 stocked in the Marth MM lol.
I knew I would beat you in the marth MM, it was jokes that you seemed confident even though I had 2 stocks lol.
I should of had 1.

Tamoo

Smash Master
oh i wasnt confident at the time lol, considering id given marth up as a character, but i thought it would be a laugh to try and beat you anyway :), i guess I thought i had a chance, but i was greatly mistaken.
And my jiggs has improved tonnes, the time I took out of using jiggs and experimenting with other characters has vastly improved my game, and the two times we played (brackets and mm) I almost took 3 stocks off you both times, which is a vast improvement on a month ago where I would barely take 1 off you lol

Lets put our money where our mouth is then, next time we play, me and Dave vs you?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Thats ok. I know i wasn't playing at my best during the MM when you took 3 stock and you keep that same logic which did before and lost you the MM in our next match with You and Dave.

I put up £5 and both of you put up £5 each.
You're not putting up £2.50 cos you have to have as much on the line as I do.

Tamoo

Smash Master
we each put less on the line, but then we gain less when we inevitably win, so i think we should stick to the old system
and no johns lol, i could feel the effort you put into that mm, and the bracket match ;)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Prof is actually tring to con you :laugh:. If he wants to play both of you as part of the same match then it should be 2.50 for you two, if he were playing you indivdually, each then it would be 5 pound each. Prof you swindler :laugh:

The Last Dragon

Smash Apprentice
we each put less on the line, but then we gain less when we inevitably win, so i think we should stick to the old system
and no johns lol, i could feel the effort you put into that mm, and the bracket match ;)
Prof - loool If your win is so inevitable why are you trying to avoid the new system, there is obviously doubt in your mind while that feeling doesn't exist in my body.
I seriously wasn't trying in that MM. I wasn't sandbagging though either lol I was just playing normally.

Prof is actually tring to con you :laugh:. If he wants to play both of you as part of the same match then it should be 2.50 for you two, if he were playing you indivdually, each then it would be 5 pound each. Prof you swindler :laugh:
They already have the advanatge of two players on their team while they have the advantage of loosing less money when they lose and yeah they have disadvanatge of winning less but they have more advantages then me and according to Tamoo their win is inevitable so please accept and get ***** or just forget it and I will take it as you cowardly disagreed my offer:)

Tamoo

Smash Master
if it doesnt matter how much we put on the line because of our inevitable win, then whats the point of increasing the stakes at all. By your logic, we might as well put up no money whatsoever whilst you put up the full amount, as it makes no difference does it?

seriously take it like a man lol, weve gone from taking you 5 on 1 to 2 on 1 in a matter of weeks, isnt that all the advantage you need?

The Last Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Professor Pro - But since you are going to win inevitably what harm would putting the £5 on each. I can't enter a MM without the other person putting money on the line and since you are going to win you might iswell just put up the £5, even £10 each if you want to but I am putting up £5 so you put it up.

loool You are telling me to take it like a man while you have more then one of you lot facing me and you are not agreeing to the terms.
I've put you with your terms like having Jungle Japes on and 5 against 1 and I had to debate in the 5 vs 1 if I could have 5 stock instead of 4 lol.
You clearly have the advantage by having more then one player facing me.
Now it's £5 or for everyone or it's nothing.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Plus since I don't come off they always get to counterpick me which is gay. The stages should be strictly random. How many advantages do they want:(.

Thanks JJFox.

Neutralshadow - I agree lool.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Lol jjfox, if its as easy as that, why dont u and jjl go for it aswell

And prof, ok we're counterpicking but we're counterpicking once cos there are only two of us, and both of our counterpicks are neutrals so why should that matter?

Just seems to me that some one is afraid of losing
Why should we put up £5 for the chance to win £2.50, when you put up £5 for the chance to win £10? Makes sense doesnt it? :dizzy:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

And prof, ok we're counterpicking but we're counterpicking once cos there are only two of us, and both of our counterpicks are neutrals so why should that matter?

Why should we put up £5 for the chance to win £2.50, when you put up £5 for the chance to win £10? Makes sense doesnt it? :dizzy:
Prof should just play you one v one, no stock handicaps or any of that crap. That way if you win you can know for certain that you played well, if you win when it's 2 v 1 then it wouldn't mean anything lol

auroreon

Smash Ace
Some pools...
Kira, auroreon, JJL, Jack and Bobat
Joel, V26, Ixis, Conk and Jmiller
Harlex, JT, Warning, Retroking and Pedigree

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

lol Ok but when I was reffering to the counterpick I was referring in general and how you lot have ALWAYS had an advantage and tried to get more and more advanatges in the crew battle despite the amount of players you have had against me.

Your advantages
- More Players
- Able to counterpick me as soon as you lose
- You have less money on the line

My advantages
..........the one time when we did a 5 vs 1 crew battle and I had to argue to have 5 stock instead of 4 stock lol.

For once let me have an advantage lol and you say I am afriad of losing yet I am giving you an offer and you are declining it lol.
So what you lot win less money, I have to put up more money then both of you.
I am not judging the £5 on the profit which will be made in the end, it's like that so you are playing under the same circumstances which I am.

If you wanna play for £2.50 each then how about me and Last Dragon vs You and Dave....but that kinda takes away the point of it doesnt it lol.
Accept it otherwise you are afriad cos I am giving you an offer and you arent accepting it so that defintely doesn't make me afriad lol.

Prof should just play you one v one, no stock handicaps or any of that crap. That way if you win you can know for certain that you played well, if you win when it's 2 v 1 then it wouldn't mean anything lol
loool That would basically be a normal MM and I would win without a doubt.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I dont get this counterpick in a 2v1 mm crap since it kind of defeats the point of putting 2 people against one and just makes it a counterpick.

but also I dont see why they both have to pay £5 aaron, it means that if they lost they'd pay the same as you but if they won they would each win 1/4 the amount you do, stakes should be equal I think.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I dont get this counterpick in a 2v1 mm crap since it kind of defeats the point of putting 2 people against one and just makes it a counterpick.

but also I dont see why they both have to pay £5 aaron, it means that if they lost they'd pay the same as you but if they won they would each win 1/4 the amount you do, stakes should be equal I think.
exactly. Mr Pros just trying a quick con :laugh: and to justify it he's moaning about how unfair it is. Come on Mr Pro if you're rly all that and a bag of chips you should have no problem

Tamoo

Smash Master
lool whatever aaron, i dont really care,
if we're not putting up equal stakes, i guess the money match is off
what i dont get is that it was fine for our crew to split the money when there were four or five of us against you but you have a problem when its just two of us, im confused but oh well.

Anyway aaron, u want a 1 on 1 mm as ben suggested when i get back from Japan? no stock handicaps

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
lool Whatever Aaron, I Dont Really Care,
If We're Not Putting Up Equal Stakes, I Guess The Money Match Is Off
What I Dont Get Is That It Was Fine For Our Crew To Split The Money When There Were Four Or Five Of Us Against You But You Have A Problem When Its Just Two Of Us, Im Confused But Oh Well.

Anyway Aaron, U Want A 1 On 1 Mm As Ben Suggested When I Get Back From Japan? No Stock Handicaps
Oh My Goodnesss Finally!!!!!!!

Prof- MSN pleez

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lool whatever aaron, i dont really care,
if we're not putting up equal stakes, i guess the money match is off
what i dont get is that it was fine for our crew to split the money when there were four or five of us against you but you have a problem when its just two of us, im confused but oh well.

Anyway aaron, u want a 1 on 1 mm as ben suggested when i get back from Japan? no stock handicaps
loool At you calling it off though. MAN ^^^^^^
Since you were going to win inevitably I dunno why you don't mindgame me and raise the amount to like £10 or something since you are both guaranteed something.
Fear maybe......
Lets have a 1 vs 1 MM anyway then, £3 perhaps....£4.......
We played for less in the 5 vs 1 which is why I didn't care for the you lot play 20p each and I pay £1 but the stakes are higher and I want a change from all those unfair past ones, I think there should be one that is ACTUALLY in my advantage for once but you wouldn't be willing to give me that advantage like that 5 vs 1 one where you lot basically got to counterpick me EVERYTIME one of you lot died lol....dunno why since you ain't accepting since you are obv gonna win lol:confused:.
Can you explain that please?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
loool At you calling it off though. MAN ^^^^^^
Since you were going to win inevitably I dunno why you don't mindgame me and raise the amount to like £10 or something since you are both guaranteed something.
Fear maybe......
Lets have a 1 vs 1 MM anyway then, £3 perhaps....£4.......
We played for less in the 5 vs 1 which is why I didn't care for the you lot play 20p each and I pay £1 but the stakes are higher and I want a change from all those unfair past ones, I think there should be one that is ACTUALLY in my advantage for once but you wouldn't be willing to give me that advantage like that 5 vs 1 one where you lot basically got to counterpick me EVERYTIME one of you lot died lol....dunno why since you ain't accepting since you are obv gonna win lol:confused:.
Can you explain that please?
LOOOOOOOL why are you suprised he's not going for your con :laugh: man up mate

Also- MSN

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool HOW isit a con.
Do they not clearly have the advantage to win and they are more likely to beat me then I will beat them.
True or not?
A man up is not required when I am raising the amount in a MM. If anything thats a man down.

Edit: I'm not on the computer with msn lol, I will be on later.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
We put this all on AIB as he asked for it on the tourney page there... if only he looked :)
I presume he doesn't go on there alot, and you can get incontact with him easier?
haha yea i know but he needs every single pool up on there also i have his msn so yea easier contact lol

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
loool HOW isit a con.
Do they not clearly have the advantage to win and they are more likely to beat me then I will beat them.
True or not?
A man up is not required when I am raising the amount in a MM. If anything thats a man down.

Edit: I'm not on the computer with msn lol, I will be on later.
you're trying to get more money out of them when it was your idea to have 2 of them vs you in the 1st place lol. Man up and play them for the same amount of money unless you're ****ting yourself about losing so you're trying to change it :laugh:

Top Bottom