• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Venue opens : 1:30pm
Signups Start: 2pm
Signups End: 2:30pm
Tournament: 2:30pm - 9:30pm
Venue closes: 10pm
Venue Fee: £5
Tournament Fee: £2 Singles, £2 Doubles (each game)

copied and pasted off the facebook page
...**** me then
i take it back, we'd been saying it was a fiver since he first mentioned it, guess communication errors are too frequent

L-J

Smash Ace
No disrespect to you LJ but the tournament before was the first time you placed higher than me for the longest time now. But if it happened to me then it should happen to everyone, you do bad, you should lose your seeding IMO especially if losing to someone who is not seeded. BUT if you want to cound for the last 3 I STILL should have been seeded don't you think?

I went from (NOT including SNY, although chosed for team A)

not making it through pools (phantom hits), to 13th, to 9th, to 9th, to 9th, to 7th, to 5th, to my strict 'I will not use I'Cs this tournament' and not making it through pools...

and then 7th this event

and I beat 'seeded' people all the time and I'm still not seeded myself, that my friend is bull$h!t

Bullet Bill, NOW you can say I'm ranting lol
When did I ever say you shouldn't be seeded? All I did was state the obvious that basing seedings entirely off one event is wrong. I would expect a poor performance to impact by say dropping from a 1st seed to a 2nd seed, but dropping to bottom seed because of one tournament?

Also this is only the second event you have placed higher than me of all those we've both attended - this one and the one before GT5 - just to set that straight, cus you make it sound like you've been consistently outplacing me for ages or something lol.

I know you don't mean to disrespect but I've been in this community for a while and consistently placed well for all but two tournaments, so yes I still expect to keep a 2nd seed for sure. If I bomb the next tournament as well, you may have a case.

To reiterate - you deserve a seed. I also deserve a seed still. It's only one tournament.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
@L-J I'm sure its been more than 2 or maybe we've placed joint.

What's even worse fuzzy used to fix the bracket or put me in his pool on purpose so I would deliberately come up against him early (in his words) "because its funny" it was annoying finding out when prof told me this. Being in the community (for coming up to about 2 and a half years now) there's probably been 3 or 4 events where I haven't come up against fuzzy every single other time I've got Him in my first bracket match or in pools.

L-J

Smash Ace
Sure some may have been joint placings, but only 2 with you above as I mentioned. And I guess if you count GT5 as a non-tournament for yourself because of the non-ICs thing then I'll count this monthly as my non-tournament because for singles at least I was not myself. I hope to be back to normal for the next one. At least doubles made up for it, I was glad about that.

And that fixing thing is pretty bad I agree. Anyway you'll obviously be seeded for the next tourney (at least a 3rd if not 2nd) no-one can argue with that.

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Pissed my shoutouts just evaporate into fat air. Mite redo it if I cba at some point, doubt it. Quick summary:

Prof: ***** like I knew you would keep it up

Alpha Dash: I lost I admit (Pause for Johns: I aint played with samus just fox reallly, killer head-ache from this crazy bud we smoked) gonna **** you next time nice FACT. Nice to know that you had me on your radar, but now your on mine......for a little while.

Fandemz: Aint seen you in time, hope to see more of you now that youve finsihed uni and ting, take it easy. Ill let you know if any tesco smash fest happen but probably not for time though.

Jelly San: Progress is a patient mans game, hang tough man. **** the haters, shame I lost to AD we could of had 4 tescos all in a row =]

Lewis Des: Should have ***** prof, next time next time man. Wanna see the vids keep up the good ****

King Nate: IN A BADMAN PLACE!!!!! lol gd shiz on getting 9th man. Linky style sticking to your roots.

Deathgazer: Glad you turned up sorry bout team I need to play more samus was hella rusty. You should have beat prof to. Luv how thats the level were on guess I have to do everything myself though, hes already afraid and keeps running off and he knows it =p

Random stoner dude: Guy who owns the place cam so i grabbed all the **** even yours. Sorry I got your grinder and ill buy u a fresh pack of baccy next time remind me yea. That draw was banging

Jolteon: Damn good **** I give props where props are due but like trying to time out people is gay, play like a man!

Anyone else I forgot sorry I luv you etc get in my bed (force of habit from seducing the *****es sorry). Good tourney nice vibe, missing some heavy hitters who I wanna play but I guess Ill c u wen I c u.
PEACE

"Life's not a *****! Life is a beautiful woman
You only call her a ***** because she won't let you get that *****.
Maybe she didn't feel y'all, shared any similar interests,
Or maybe you're just an ******* who couldn't sweet talk the princess."

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Alpha Dash: I lost I admit (Pause for Johns: I aint played with samus just fox reallly, killer head-ache from this crazy bud we smoked) gonna **** you next time nice FACT. Nice to know that you had me on your radar, but now your on mine......for a little while.
I'm not gonna sleep on anyone... The scene is starting to become very unpredictable now so I'm only gonna practice my *** off. I look forward to see you become a top seed.

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Muhaha get hyped and you best practise hard and make it far in the next tourney so I meet you in bracket man, will make it so much sweeter when I knock you into losers =p

Is anyone doing any fest anytime next week cos I get a weeks holiday, let me no about...any

Missed a Shoutout

Mary-Jane: Thanks for showing up (Unlike Edwin) helped me kick sum *** but is my strength and weakness, might go without you next time. (LOL)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I actually didn't try to time anyone out, if I wanted to I could have easily since I still had like 2 stocks left with 2 minutes on the timer. I was waiting for mistakes which happen a lot when you force ICs to approach the top platform lol.

btw do you have aaron's tobacco+grinder? he says he can't find them lol.

/e ooh nvm I just read your shout-out to him lol (aaron is that random dude's name), I'm staying at his right now so I'll let him know. Thanks for the quick response to the situation.

Jolteon

Shout-outs:

Tesco: Sorry for stealing the sigil of rapid improvement. :(

Prof - Your Fox is looking as qt as ever... I'm really sad we couldn't do a ft5 set though. :( Oh well, I'll give you more Fox ditto practice if you want too even though my Fox isn't as good as Charles' lol.

Alpha Dash - I applaud you for taking a fresh approach to dealing with camping, it'll help a lot if you play ICs. I can understand why you went Falco but tbh your ICs gave me the most trouble, so I would suggest sticking with them most of the time. If I had one bit of advice I would say to find other ways to hit the top platform apart from fullhop uair (since you did it a lot, it's easy to hit and all I had to do was sh over the uair to stay stafe), and maybe strike BF instead of Yoshi's lol. Anyway GL with trying to experiment with your playstyle, I want to see it pay off. =)

J3ly - Your Mario zones really well and I was genuinely struggling to deal with that, good job nearly making an epic comeback. You have strong secondaries as well. =) I enjoyed our set, shame it wasn't recorded though.

Fuzz - Your Marth looks great now, good luck with your new characters, I can definitely see potential in them already.

PMS - Shame we didn't play, but it was nice seeing you again lol, cool guy.

King - Your Link is soo good lol, well done in our set.

LJ - Nice stuff in doubles, you and Tamoo have become a really strong team. I enjoyed seeing you again and talking with you.

Tamoo - Thanks for bringing a recording set-up, gj in doubles. Try to find Jiggs fun again, xD

Yeniths - Nice seeing you again baby. <3 We need to play Falco/Fox vs Sheik next time!

Fortunecookie - Shame we didn't play. :(

Xan - You need to have more confidence in yourself. :p I know you can definitely improve a lot, fun times afterwards at the park lol.

Unreal - I'm so happy that you finally managed to get a tournament placement that reflects how good you are, good job and I enjoyed our set.

Deathgazer - Fun games as always, and nice placement, nice to see you again.

Peter - Good seeing you again, thanks for the pizza. =D

Fandemz/Bishkin - Glad you guys could make it. =) Nice to see you again.

VA/Edwin - Come along to events, I want an accurate placement. :)

Brawlers - Nice seeing you guys again. :]

smakis

Smash Ace
and that is why you bait the jump with a fullhop under the platform, ready to rejump uair if they jump or do a falling uair if they fall through the platform. I'm sure there is some flaws in there but looks pretty solid.

VA

Smash Hero
VA/Edwin - Come along to events, I want an accurate placement.
why do you want to lose? you know I'll beat you. I'm not coming back unfortunately. I might start hosting events though, I was thinking about it seriously today.

Jolteon

why do you want to lose? you know I'll beat you. I'm not coming back unfortunately. I might start hosting events though, I was thinking about seriously today.
I'm well aware, but I'm never ready to give up without doing as well as possible. Neglect coming to events and your superiority will end sooner than you think.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
why do you want to lose? you know I'll beat you. I'm not coming back unfortunately. I might start hosting events though, I was thinking about it seriously today.
what is it with third place finishers and quitting?
i mean, VA quit and hes third place for melee
keef quit and hes 3rd place for brawl, what the hell XD

august 13th would be nice, but willz is already doing something late august i think
still, id try to turn up for both ^^

K.Mac

Smash Lord
johns.

Anyway. GP, calz, GUISE. Did B.Mack show up with my effing shirt and did you get it off of him? <3

Also Calz.

I remember you saying back when you played SSX3 your main was Griff. Well, I was hooning about on the EA site last night and discovered he's in SSX Deadly Descents. Don't know if you plan on getting the game or not but I just remembered that fact, so there you go :3

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to say thanks for the tourney Mr Fuzzy. I only planned on staying for an hour or 2 but was there for close to 7 hours. Fun times!!

Bit annoyed I did so bad and honestly felt if I had been practicing recently I woulda got a win in the losers bracket (GM Jack you lucky SOB!!! Na good games though dude. I shall know the sheik matchup inside out next time.....).

Tamoo, thanks for the tips, like I said before I really want to play you a lot more so you can tell me when i'm playing like a ****. Good tourney match too. Taking you to a third match was deffo a highlight for me lol! The third game was kinda **** though...

X1-12 had some good friendlies with you. Tbh I really think your falcon was most dangerous against my jiggs. Strange since the marth matchup is where I normally fall short.

YES SHAUN!!!! Good seeing you again man. You got my number so gimme a ding when you're having a fest.

jolteon/prof/others I have met at Bishkin's fests - Good seeing you again guys. Will try and get Buttskin to host again soon.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
johns.

Anyway. GP, calz, GUISE. Did B.Mack show up with my effing shirt and did you get it off of him? <3

Also Calz.

I remember you saying back when you played SSX3 your main was Griff. Well, I was hooning about on the EA site last night and discovered he's in SSX Deadly Descents. Don't know if you plan on getting the game or not but I just remembered that fact, so there you go :3
nope, i called him when sign ups were happening and hed forgotten so yeah

gm jack

Smash Lord
@Fandemz

You just need to learn how to do things other than the one Hbox pattern of bairs you did really well. Without platforms (on FD) it ***** me, but by 3rd game I realised I just had to play gay and bair you back all day.

Start going for rest set ups and you'd be a lot more dangerous.

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
Where my *****es at?

You are correct Jack. I didn't play an intelligent game at all and like you said got a bit spammy with bairs in my confusion. Was a bit of a bair battle but you deserved the win. Hopefully I'll get you in a pool/bracket next time and we'll have a good set.

Cuba

Smash Rookie
Gutted that I can't make any of the Monthlies because they're all on Saturdays and I work :\ I didn't realise. I'd love to play more competitive brawl but i'll have to stick to Croydon I suppose unless theres anything else going on?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Gutted that I can't make any of the Monthlies because they're all on Saturdays and I work :\ I didn't realise. I'd love to play more competitive brawl but i'll have to stick to Croydon I suppose unless theres anything else going on?
theres an event in leichester i think, however its likely that will be a saturday too :L
ill keep yall updated

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
who is this?

book them off in advanced like I do. I never say its a smash tournament though you mad!? I just say I do karate or chat some **** and say your great uncle arrives from Iceland that day and your the only one who drives and you gotta pick him up from the airport that day. Or tell them its the day of your 4 year anniversary with your wife.

Cuba

Smash Rookie
I can't book any more off for ages now I've used all my holiday!

What do you mean who is this? I'm not someone else you know with a different username if that's what you think?
Although I used to have a different one like 2 years ago... i didn't go to tournaments because I was still at school. When i bought a wii again to play smash I decided that I wanted to go to some!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i like all of these, however the 4 year anniv ith the wife wont work for me, that means i got married when i was 13 :B

Top Bottom