• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Tamoo

Smash Master
Charles: You could gauge interest for a June event, get people to state whether they'd be available to attend or not and see whether the maths adds up. If not, move it to July I guess.

Is June the last window for you to practice before Genesis? If it is, I'd say rather than hosting a tournament, it may just be more beneficial to play people like Prof and Edwin solidly at NTSC. This is presuming the reason you want to host in June is to practice for Genesis though, if it's not fair dos.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
1 day on a weekend could be the difference between full grades if what you planned to revise comes up on the exam......

Do it in July. And do it all NTSC for bantz.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I think we should all agree to put a bit of the pot or have a higher entry fee towards getting new tvs, it won't be a big cut because crt tvs are cheap and also we have less tvs than we used to.

also I am contemplating hosting something myself when I get a job, there's a nice venue near my house and it has a kitchen too lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah I like the new TV's idea, get like £1 from everyone who comes and with brawl and melee and the decent turnout we could get from this, it could be like £60 or more right there for extra TV's.

So is the venue gonna be £5 for this one so Charles can get some of his money back but the entry fee still being £2 because it's a monthly?
Not that I have a problem, just clarifying.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well once again, this set of exams is my last chance, if i **** these up ill be out of college and into the workplace, a.k.a: game over

i have a total of 14 exams, one of which is tomorrow, and they have a continuous streak untill june 28th. so no chance, as said earlier

as i said i want to come to everything possible, but for the next month, i cant have anything to do with it, education has to come first for the first time in my life XD
ill still follow obviously
also, hugo, are you going to collect your controller or what? PM me your mobile number and well sort it out over the phone

L-J

Smash Ace
i wudn't be able to make june probs even though my exams are finished cus of organised festivities going on in cambridge that weekend. so yeah july's better for me.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
^__^

elliot messaged me earlier btw he said he's coming back soon.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I posted that link on Last Dragon's facebook wall to show him that this is why he can't quit, cos he can never get away from smash and acts like he wants to quit but he really wants to play lol.

Yeah I know, I was speaking to him on facebook like 2 days ago which is really good, also he's got DJ Max even though im pretty sure you dont care but I tihnk you should know thats it's a good thing lol :bee:

gm jack

Smash Lord
:O I'd always assumed that it was just a really long loop. Now it raises the question of there is a definitive bottom of the stage, but that'd probably take some AR to find.

July sounds good and I will come if I am in the country.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hopefully this can hurry up and get confirmed for July because I want to start telling some peopole in Croydon about it.

Looks like we're going to have a HUGE turnout for this one...but I was thinking, Charles why don't you buy extra TV's in advance for it and then just charge a bit more (like £1 from everyone) so that we actually have more TV's for this monthly.

I don't know how much £60 worth of TV's are but atleast that would get you 3 TV's.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
60 quid for 3 tv's? dude fuzzys a jew, he can get the best deals easily
i got 10 tv's for 50. i bet london can do better

on the other hand, i have a few 60hz tv's at my house left from blastzone (re-sold most of the tv's to cover my losses) and i could bring them all dow to a july event if i got housing close to the venue...i should think i could at least

Heartstring

Smash Legend
that is true, thats why if i bring tv's with me we could cushion it without making him buy more.

im all for support of the scene, theres this site i came across the other day where stuff was literally being given away (literally, zero quid) providing you went and collected said item, we could possibly gather a few tv's from people across the country this way

also, doesnt kone have any tv's left?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Tbh, I think we should be more concerned about fuzz getting money back from the past couple of poor turnouts, then getting more tvs.
More TV's = More people coming in future events by gaining a better interest from people knowing that they can play constantly at tournaments and also getting the tournament done faster because that's needed if we host both games, there's a bigger picture to it.

PLUS Fuzzy already said that he is putting the venue up to £5 like a National for this one since he's lost £220 or something like that, so it's not like him getting back he's money is being neglected

60 quid for 3 tv's? dude fuzzys a jew, he can get the best deals easily
i got 10 tv's for 50. i bet london can do better

on the other hand, i have a few 60hz tv's at my house left from blastzone (re-sold most of the tv's to cover my losses) and i could bring them all dow to a july event if i got housing close to the venue...i should think i could at least
LOL I don't really know the price for TV's so I just said the lowest number which I thought was atleast realistic.
And yeah in that case, I think you should ask Fuzzy to host you since he lives the closest, how much TV's do you still have which could add to the collection anyway?

that is true, thats why if i bring tv's with me we could cushion it without making him buy more.

im all for support of the scene, theres this site i came across the other day where stuff was literally being given away (literally, zero quid) providing you went and collected said item, we could possibly gather a few tv's from people across the country this way

also, doesnt kone have any tv's left?
That sounds great lol, TV's for free is legit.

And Kone's gay and he threw them away apparently...and he had like 20 TV's and im not sure how much or if any of those TV's were recovered before he threw them away.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
More TV's = More people coming in future events by gaining a better interest from people knowing that they can play constantly at tournaments and also getting the tournament done faster because that's needed if we host both games, there's a bigger picture to it.

PLUS Fuzzy already said that he is putting the venue up to £5 like a National for this one since he's lost £220 or something like that, so it's not like him getting back he's money is being neglected

LOL I don't really know the price for TV's so I just said the lowest number which I thought was atleast realistic.
And yeah in that case, I think you should ask Fuzzy to host you since he lives the closest, how much TV's do you still have which could add to the collection anyway?

That sounds great lol, TV's for free is legit.

And Kone's gay and he threw them away apparently...and he had like 20 TV's and im not sure how much or if any of those TV's were recovered before he threw them away.
well, i have two tv's that i can add, one portable and one big-*** one which can be added right now. the big-*** one is a smidgeon dodgy though (it was the big one used for brawl at BZ1)
i could probably gather another one or two before july, although my room currently looks like a warehouse with all the stuff being stored in it right now XD

and i guess thats what happened with kones tv's. i kept sending him messages asking about them and if i could take them off his hands, but i got no reply

oh btw, i can actualyl give a total of 6 tv's. but only 2 are 60hz sadly

Heartstring

Smash Legend
for the love of god make sure theyre 60 hz XD i have no problem with 50 hz but everyone else refuses to play on them

gm jack

Smash Lord
The game actually runs at the same speed. Instead, it skips frames to match the timings of 60Hz, giving it the jumpy appearance. Everything is still calculated at 60Hz, but the skipping of frames makes it looks too "off" for any half decent standard of play.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if i wanted to play melee, i would play melee

but i want to play brawl, because im better at it and its more forgiving for a bloke like me XP

Heartstring

Smash Legend
never XP

im anticipating the fact that a lot of brawlers are going to flame the hell out of the rumoured ssb4 thats meant to be released along iwth the wii 2

Top Bottom