• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
btw for anyone that still wants to come tomorrow: I finish at 3:10 so come around then. if you want to come and have never been to my house before then PM me for details.

leffen

Smash Champion
prof you suck i ***** your best player easy man omgfhgouodaud and i outplaced 1!!1!!

yeaaaaaaaaaaaah. Though your view of peef is absolutely ********.

oh btw, didnt smakis win vs you lol? so much for "not being able to take out the top".
inb4johns

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
prof you suck i ***** your best player easy man omgfhgouodaud and i outplaced 1!!1!
to add to this i'm starting to think prof > fuzz

fuzz > prof according to fuzz & jely

but then again fuzz & jely world view fuzz = zgetto & > adam, faab, makenshi & ivp so i digress
inb4****storm

VA

Smash Hero
@leffen fuzzy is not definitively the best player in the UK, after out placing him in Sweden I beat him 3-0 in a set (only to lose to him again 3-0 later that tournament). I had Hack beaten in Sweden but messed up and lost.

I'll take you down no problem you nobody. I'm going to make you eat my *** with a spoon at Beast 2.

Only I am allowed to hate on the UK community, I will destroy anyone else that attempts to.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
@leffen fuzzy is not definitively the best player in the UK, after out placing him in Sweden I beat him 3-0 in a set (only to lose to him again 3-0 later that tournament). I had Hack beaten in Sweden but messed up and lost.

I'll take you down no problem you nobody. I'm going to make you eat my *** with a spoon at Beast 2.

Only I am allowed to hate on the UK community, I will destroy anyone else that attempts to.
waiitttttttt

tt

so according to this (and other countries hyping their players up)

VA = Fuzz = Hack = Ice = Amsah = M2K = Hbox = Armada = PP = Mango

ok ok i think i have it you people
everyone except for the absolute newcomers are on the same level more or less

we should all just go home

L-J

Smash Ace

Lol, I don't approve of some of your posts VA but ones like this are just 2gd <3

VA

Smash Hero
waiitttttttt

tt

so according to this (and other countries hyping their players up)

VA = Fuzz = Hack = Ice = Amsah = M2K = Hbox = Armada = PP = Mango

ok ok i think i have it you people
everyone except for the absolute newcomers are on the same level more or less

we should all just go home
Where did this come from you minor league player?

You should stay at home until you can advance through pools at an international in your own country.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Where did this come from you minor league player?

You should stay at home until you can advance through pools at an international in your own country.
Won't john about what happened at BEAST but you can't tell me that what i'm saying has no substance or reasonable point

and besides, i already have my own ******** chain of equality to let me follow my own advice to go home

VA

Smash Hero
Noob, I was saying that I have some capacity that is unrealised, and therefore have a shot at the likes of Leffen. I don't give a **** about comparing myself to other players, I was just illustrating my point with empiricism as the dwellers of smashboards accept little else.

P.S ignore me being mean I don't mean it. I saw that you were pretty good at Beast ^_^_^_^_^_^

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Noob, I was saying that I have some capacity that is unrealised, and therefore have a shot at the likes of Leffen. I don't give a **** about comparing myself to other players, I was just illustrating my point with empiricism as the dwellers of smashboards accept little else.
;D

P.S Ignore me being stupidly obnoxious, I like you as a person and a player but I get sick of seeing people compare themselves to others all the time

Its about what YOU do at any given time not others

leffen

Smash Champion
I should've won vs pamaro too lol, but what you could've or would've doesnt matter at fkn all. Heck, I almost won vs hack with Yoshi... ( also you lost vs nizro and I won vs him, get inui logic ***** ).
Also, you've quit after beast, i've risen a couple of spots in the swe ranks lols.

cockyness aside, looking forward to playing you :). Long time till BEAST 2 tho.

and saying prof pro is better than fuzzyness - WHAT? Dunno bout VA vs fuzz tho, tho fuzz has placed higher most times and has won more UKtournaments...

VA

Smash Hero
Quite.

However, you can't make a claim on smashboards without having some form of evidence to back it up (see Leffen's post about beating our "best" player).

I wasn't even comparing myself, I was just stating that I had capabilities that people are not aware of yet. Getting out your best play in tournament is, it seems, a struggle for many players.

OMG LEFFEN

I ALSO LOST TO PEPITO. BUT I PLAYED **** AGAINST BOTH OF THEM AT CLUTCH MOMENTS. A TYPICAL ME THING TO DO, IT HAPPENED AGAINST HACK, WHO BTW MAINS KIRBY SO GOOD JOB NEARLY WINNING WITH YOSHI (higher on the tier list).

My capacity as a player is as yet unknown to most people due to an incredibly weak mental game.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
oi prof upload some of those vids please I wanna do some analysing lol
There not on my computer, we recorded them at Dujuan's house and that's where they are....at Dujuans house lol.

oh btw, didnt smakis win vs you lol? so much for "not being able to take out the top".
inb4johns
Huh.....nice attempt at showing off your memory and reference skills

Do you clearly not remember saying
smakis you noob.
hao can you not win
*disspointtt*
And me replying
LOL

I like 3-0'd Smakis....like each match was 2/3 stock, he won't be winning against me anytime soon, but we still love Smaykus regardless :bee:
And that was 4 days ago, good job on your 4 day memory capacity

to add to this i'm starting to think prof > fuzz

fuzz > prof according to fuzz & jely

but then again fuzz & jely world view fuzz = zgetto & > adam, faab, makenshi & ivp so i digress
inb4****storm
Jely is the biggest Fuzzy fanboy, he even admitted himself he is a Fuzzy fanboy so don't believe anything he says....I could beat Charles for 3 years and he would still be the best
Plus I ***** him 7-1 last tournament, Jely is the type of person to only recognize my loss but forget my win or just discredited it....plus he is always high.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
right now the best in the UK is prob between me and prof, but VA hasn't ever got to grand finals lolol

just some reality checks :D

Love you VA baby

I wholely admit I did **** at beast and got *****

Smakis still hasnt taken a set off the top 3 here in a proper tournament (not someone's house)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
And saying prof pro is better than fuzzyness - WHAT? Dunno bout VA vs fuzz tho, tho fuzz has placed higher most times and has won more UKtournaments...
....Huh, it's way more debatable between Me and Fuzz then it is against Fuzz vs VA
VA has only beaten Fuzz in a set ONCE his ENTIRE SMASH CAREER and that was GT4 where he 3-0'd him and then got 3-0'd in the LF by Fuzzy later and where I 7-1'd Fuzzy.

And of course Fuzzy has won more UK tournament, thats because he was better for longer, but it's not about who's won more, it's who's winning more recently...and i've won more times then Fuzz has at recent Smashfests/Events

So yeah, it's between Me and Fuzz not VA lol....

Love you VA baby <3

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL Fair enough, but are you sure you want to do it for the GF's....just because GF's are kind of more serious and meant to be legit for a National lol.

Like I would rather have a serious set/MM with you in NTSC then go NTSC in GF's despite Fox's increased gayness

VA

Smash Hero
lol another thing about why I hate smashboards/the community/want to quit.

Johns are a pathetic background for a competitive game to be based upon. Mental game is a legitimate part of any competitive game. Choking exists in all kinds of sports. I've been in situations where I wasn't ready to accept winning, losing or any permutation of mental state that contributes to the outcome of the match.

What I am not saying is that in every game I've ever lost, my opponent has had nothing to do with it. I'm saying that my mindset has had a large influence on how I perform and sometimes how they perform.

and lol, I don't care about the UK. I have made it to grand finals, twice, not including at my smashfest.

you guys can squabble all you like over UK, but I won't be losing to aniolas or JD anytime EVER, so.....

results are bull**** and often fail to reflect what actually happened. so stick to them and see you never *****es.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL @ VA's rant post and caring about what people care to such a degree of wanting to quit.

And we live in the UK....it's where we play like 95% of the time, how do you expect there not to be any rivalries or people wanting to get certain spots where we live....im not going to focus on being the best out of UK as much because on average (if I was a regurlarly traveller) I would be going to a tournament outside of the UK like twice a year....so yeah you would have desires to be the best outside the UK but not as much as in the UK because it's where all the hype goes down and what you are most frequently associated with

Your just mad because you're losing to the Top 2 people in the UK, making you seek some other victory/the other persons defeat to validate your loss :)

Results are the truth and usually fully reflect what happened, no johns VA

leffen

Smash Champion
enter the john
^this.
I always laugh my ****ing *** of at these horrible johns. I HAJVSJ GREAAAAT POTENTIAL BUT I CANT SHOW IT AT ANYTHING THAT MATTERS BUT I WILL SOON I HOPE I THINK MAYBE POSSIBLY WHEN SITTING IN A COMFORTABLE CHAIR AND HAVING A SODA ON MY LAP WHILE HEAVY METAL IS PLAYING IN THE VENUE ONLY.

get over yourself you weak ****s. Mental game = 90% of a tournament set. Which is why inui logic sucks ( prof did horrible at sny, remember? and that's cause he choked etc etc johns --- **** OFF. He is worse if he cant perform at internationals ). Results maybe dont reflect what happened but it sure as hell decides whos better.

Just because you would've should've could've won doesnt really mean **** if you dont win. Being close is NEVER enough and beating someone in winners but then losing in losers is just as bad as just losing twice or w/e.

It isnt

Techspacingmatchupskills

Mental game.
its more like...

tech skill spacing matchup +
MENTAL GAME

VA you have great potential sure, but who doesn't? You've been in this community for a long time, entered A LOT of tournaments including several international ones. Without ever proving that you are better than ppl think. You have no right to speak about johns. ( for some perspective: BEAST was my first big tournament and I've only played melee for 1 year...and im around 3rd in sweden now lol. )
Face the ****ing reality :F

Oh and I said your best player, not players... ( at least intended to ) and it was obviously a trolling attempt.

oh and LOL, hack is NOT a kirby main... he has used him like 4 times in tournaments in the last 3 years >_>. He was a peach main, and is now a fox/marth main or smth ( which he played vs me... I sded twice both games and it was still last hit last stock >< ).

Pf pro lol at smakis ****, i was just pointing out that he can beat you ( last time he played vs real players was at BEAST so i dont think you can really say **** about coming improvment. Esp since hes coming back to sweden <33 gonna be better than you guys in weeks :D ).

/obv rage mode off.

CCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

VA

Smash Hero
What sport communities are you part of Charles lol

And prof, there's very little hype involved in the UK for me. More nervy piss poor performances that I'm sick of, even when I win I play ****.

The international community suits me better because the expectation is less, and there's nothing wrong with that. Frankly, I don't enjoy playing in a community where I am belittled by people I consider my equals in skill. It's been happening for years, Charles was always saying how easy it was to beat me, and he probably still does. He ****ing told everyone I was **** behind my back at Beast. Why would I want to play with people like that?

Try not to get inside my head, because firstly you can't comprehend what's going on there, and secondly, it's causing you to come up with some hair-brained explanations for my behaviour that attribute way too much influence to losing to certain people. I am accustomed to it.

@ Leffen LOL beast was my 3rd international tournament, I only ventured out of the UK to France in the summer of 2010. I nearly beat Amsah, and was the closest with him except Ice and Armada. I had hack at my mercy but lost my cool.

I probably have practiced this game more than anyone could realise. lol, so this is the reason for me thinking I have ability that doesn't come out in tournament.

And I accept you reasoning for most of what you said, which is why I don't want to play anymore. because I can't overcome an issue I have.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
which I apologized for Robby cause its not true, and that's not exactly what I said >_> lets drop it anyway

how can i say its easy to beat you when you beat me 3-0 in a set? Have to play good to beat you. "It USED to be easy" Thats my honesty there

for me its crowd pressure/confidence that affects me but you gotta get over the mental side that affects your gaming ability. Once you work on that you'll get better

When you played me last time you were really confidence when playing me in winners finals then you went back to normal Robby, I cant explain exactly what I mean by that but you don't play your best all the time because of it. I expect you to beat professor pro at times when you're playing good and it does happen, but not when you really need it to happen =/

VA

Smash Hero
which I apologized for Robby cause its not true, and thats not exactly what I said >_>

for me its crowd pressure/confidence that affects me but you gotta get over the mental side that affects your gaming ability. Once you work on that you'll get better

When you played me last time you were really confidence when playing me in winners finals then you went back to normal Robby, I cant explain exactly what I mean by that but you don't play your best all the time because of it
I don't need your advice, the simple fact is I've been capable of beating you 3-0 for years. But like Leffen said, who gives a **** when I choke at vital points and all that. None of it matters. Also you're a douche who has been monumentally disrespectful to me in a COUNTLESS manner of ways over the years, from the very first tournament. Anything I've done or said to you has merely been in response because you are unrelenting.

You told me on the way to Sweden that European players call me a walking joke. You told me how at the fest the night before Sweden, you Prof and Edwin were having a good old chuckle at my expense. People called for me to play Shiz on livestream at Apex, which I did despite being exhausted and not wanting to, only to get flamed by you. You told Prof I embarassed myself by going to Apex. These are the tip of a ****ing massive iceberg mate, what a great community it is with you at the head.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
sometimes you set yourself up for things robby and you cant blame me about those things >_> after France and the way you were talking on the boards it seemed like some europeans thought you were a joke. Some people I was talking to after France said you weren't good and im not gonna throw out names.

The shizwiz thing was pretty silly, but you went to the mic saying "shut up charles you're ****, you'd get ***** here". I was actually watching it and you did get pretty battered, but it wasn't ****. Sometimes its fun to exaggerate things as a joke but I'm sorry if you took it personally. Prof and Edwin were watching too I believe?

Im sure you've laughed enough times and lots of europeans have laughed behind my back about losing to Aniolas but it happens. I'm not gonna get mad about it I lost so whatever

aside that you're relating to the past lame things I've done and I've definitely apologized and thought it was all past us, duno why you're bringing it up.

VA

Smash Hero
you JUST said, there's no competition between me you and prof, "VA has never made it to grand finals".

Where did that comment come from? Me wanting to **** Leffen.

hmm? you can throw out blame wherever you like Charles but it doesn't excuse the things I know that you've down and said over the years. maybe it's because you're socially inept, but if people are saying things like that, it's generally not a good idea to tell the person they've been said about if it does nothing but harm them. granted sometimes it is, but certainly not in the ways you've told me.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I don't need your advice, the simple fact is I've been capable of beating you 3-0 for years. But like Leffen said, who gives a **** when I choke at vital points and all that. None of it matters. Also you're a douche who has been monumentally disrespectful to me in a COUNTLESS manner of ways over the years, from the very first tournament. Anything I've done or said to you has merely been in response because you are unrelenting.

You told me on the way to Sweden that European players call me a walking joke. You told me how at the fest the night before Sweden, you Prof and Edwin were having a good old chuckle at my expense. People called for me to play Shiz on livestream at Apex, which I did despite being exhausted and not wanting to, only to get flamed by you. You told Prof I embarassed myself by going to Apex. These are the tip of a ****ing massive iceberg mate, what a great community it is with you at the head.
Huh, what is this referring to exactly???

When my name gets brought up I just want to know what exactly you mean by expense cos I don't really remember laughing at your expense for anything??? :confused:

He didn't tell me you embarrassed yourself at Apex, he said you got ***** by Shiz, I don'y think a lot of people even saw your matches to say you embarrased yourself....I don't know where you're getting some of your information from, espesh this point because I never said that to anyone for them to quote that Charles said it to me.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I never said that.. lol

I duno why you're taking facts so personally robby (the gf thing), prof is saying he beat me 7-1 which is ****ing embarassing but im not crying about it

VA

Smash Hero
I'm sick of you denying this kind of thing. Just man up and accept it.

He was telling me how you guys were laughing about when I was like LOL **** YOU CHARLES YOU'RE **** when I got ***** by shiz.

His exact words were: "Me Prof and Edwin were laughing about that last night". Which followed the comment about Faab and Zgetto thinking I'm a walking joke on the bus ride to the airport for Beast.

ok I can't remember who he told about the embarrassment thing but I distinctly remember being told that charles had said that about me, it was chrisboi probably I don't know.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
and you're gonna believe chrisboi? lol

everyone laughed when you went to the mic on stream robby cause it was silly :/ but I dont recall ever saying that, its pretty lame

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you JUST said, there's no competition between me you and prof, "VA has never made it to grand finals".
He said this because if you're going to contest for the top person....it's closer between me and Fuzz, because as he said you haven't really made it to GF's as much as we have and you have only taken 1 off of Fuzz while I have been beating you more recently and beaten Fuzzy more recently.

So he meant the questioning between the top player in the UK isn't between you bcos atm it isn't when you look at the results lol.....that's just the truth, it's not like it can't be changed.

It's like how Hungrybox isn't really being question as the Current best player in the world.

VA

Smash Hero
What the ****. Why would I not? Would I believe that you've been trashtalking me behind my back?

Let me think...

And no it's not Prof.

1) I haven't played since the last tournament, where I beat Charles 3-0 and got nervous switched sheik and lost later in the tournament.

2) I have had countless situations where I am in the position to win against both you and him in the past, prior to actually beating either of you.

3) I beat you consistently for about 6 months to a year. I actually beat you at the monthly after the Brighton fest where you broke my win streak. Then you beat me the same tournament, and again at GT 4.

This leaves the tournament results recently at

me vs you 2-1 to yuo

me vs charles 1-1

hmm, no competition, how exactly is that again?

besides this I did well at Beast and beat aniolas with no trouble who charles lost to. none of this ****ing matters, what matters is a degree of respect towards a player who achieves fairly similar things to yourself. I don't get this and never have had it from charles.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yeah but you have no proof ive said that and right now im wtf'd cause even I dont think I said that. Thats a pretty deep thing to say

I'd be pissed off if someone told me im wasting £500 to go cali and get ***** cause im ****

@ the results above : what leffen said about not winning when it matters

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm sick of you denying this kind of thing. Just man up and accept it.

He was telling me how you guys were laughing about when I was like LOL **** YOU CHARLES YOU'RE **** when I got ***** by shiz.

His exact words were: "Me Prof and Edwin were laughing about that last night". Which followed the comment about Faab and Zgetto thinking I'm a walking joke on the bus ride to the airport for Beast.

ok I can't remember who he told about the embarrassment thing but I distinctly remember being told that charles had said that about me, it was chrisboi probably I don't know.
Everyone was laughing about that when you came on the stream and said that about Fuzz bcos it pissed Fuzzy off and was funny, even Fuzzy was kind of laughing, but we weren't laughing at you getting beat by Shiz, it might of been the slight chuckle here and there but nothing in a way of glorifying your defeat....just the whole situation of you getting dominanted by Shiz and then you coming on the mic and insulting Fuzzy was funny.

Top Bottom