• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
who said anything about not going to blastzone? Not me. Fuzz was the only one that did that I could see.

Someone else hosting at a different place to London is really really good and will make this tournament so much more interesting than the same London events at the same venue all the time. I also think Londoners need to show they don't need to hold fuzz's hand all the time and book their own tickets. That way, fuzz won't end up waiting for money owed to him but never get any of it (which will inevitably happen).

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
I agree with edwin and tamoo in terms of the tourney in Norfolk, (Personally I'm not feeling it cos its against my religion.... Rastafarianism =)

But do any people have exams in early may? Think of all the students!!!

Shoutouts:

Bullet Bill: Loved our serious set, shame bout the SD's but its all good, Nice seeing you again man has been a long time, hope to play you at the monthly. Would be an easy win if you go all fox ;). Jokes, stick it out you already got a good foundation from doc so it should be bless.

Swizzy: Strategic Analyst, working on power grid stuff eh, I hope you dont fall into the hands of any terrorist or we'll all be pretty ****ed. Good **** with all the ganon malarkey.

JJ: Gg some funny **** happened, I think I kicked you into a missile, clearly intentional. You best be prepared for GT5 im bringing my A game.

Smakis: Wobbling is so gay, be a man! He he gg I hope you learned more of the match up, I
no I did.

Jelly: Congrats on not smoking the will power is there. Remember though when you wean a baby of milk you do it gradually not all at once. Don't forget to take your time :bee:

Unreal: Its all good you got to where you are in so much less time then most people plus your god mode is pretty beast. So yea keep the faith your just developing your tournament style.

Prof: Keep doing what your doing cos its obviously working but dont get lazy man, through your **** others will learn to **** too. Spread the love. Any time you wanna decide this OOC Tesco thing let us know and maybe show up with a crew and we'll be happy to take your money.

The Fuzz: Good **** on hosting a badass smashjam, my condolences for your loss. I guess you'll have to win GT5 to profit. BELIEVE

Deathgazer: I know what your thinking, haha you suck you came dead last blah blah tech skill ****. BUT I'm gonna use the Tesco john which has been going around.... I wasn't chung lol. :) Please fool you know how I could **** this bizatch I just decided to restrain myself for fear of being arrested due to all the sexual violation. Its hard enough being black. Besides where the **** were you at?

Random Brae(s): Safe for the hook up, I know your not on here but I think you deserve a shoutout.

Big shout small sessions, all in all I like these little tourneys, bring on GT5.

PEACE

Retroking2000

Smash Master
who said anything about not going to blastzone? Not me. Fuzz was the only one that did that I could see.

Someone else hosting at a different place to London is really really good and will make this tournament so much more interesting than the same London events at the same venue all the time. I also think Londoners need to show they don't need to hold fuzz's hand all the time and book their own tickets. That way, fuzz won't end up waiting for money owed to him but never get any of it (which will inevitably happen).

I kinda have to disagree with you there ben

sometimes players dont know the sites too often or havent got a paypal or whatever it may be

or just gerenally too inexperienced at it

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
my argument is we shouldn't travel and waste a lot of money if there's no community other than london going, if there's not at least 10-15 smashers from outside of london going its pretty bs :/

this is for melee

neutralshadow

Smash Apprentice
I agree with edwin and tamoo in terms of the tourney in Norfolk, (Personally I'm not feeling it cos its against my religion.... Rastafarianism =)

But do any people have exams in early may? Think of all the students!!!

Shoutouts:

Bullet Bill: Loved our serious set, shame bout the SD's but its all good, Nice seeing you again man has been a long time, hope to play you at the monthly. Would be an easy win if you go all fox ;). Jokes, stick it out you already got a good foundation from doc so it should be bless.

Swizzy: Strategic Analyst, working on power grid stuff eh, I hope you dont fall into the hands of any terrorist or we'll all be pretty ****ed. Good **** with all the ganon malarkey.

JJ: Gg some funny **** happened, I think I kicked you into a missile, clearly intentional. You best be prepared for GT5 im bringing my A game.

Smakis: Wobbling is so gay, be a man! He he gg I hope you learned more of the match up, I
no I did.

Jelly: Congrats on not smoking the will power is there. Remember though when you wean a baby of milk you do it gradually not all at once. Don't forget to take your time :bee:

Unreal: Its all good you got to where you are in so much less time then most people plus your god mode is pretty beast. So yea keep the faith your just developing your tournament style.

Prof: Keep doing what your doing cos its obviously working but dont get lazy man, through your **** others will learn to **** too. Spread the love. Any time you wanna decide this OOC Tesco thing let us know and maybe show up with a crew and we'll be happy to take your money.

The Fuzz: Good **** on hosting a badass smashjam, my condolences for your loss. I guess you'll have to win GT5 to profit. BELIEVE

Deathgazer: I know what your thinking, haha you suck you came dead last blah blah tech skill ****. BUT I'm gonna use the Tesco john which has been going around.... I wasn't chung lol. :) Please fool you know how I could **** this bizatch I just decided to restrain myself for fear of being arrested due to all the sexual violation. Its hard enough being black. Besides where the **** were you at?

Random Brae(s): Safe for the hook up, I know your not on here but I think you deserve a shoutout.

Big shout small sessions, all in all I like these little tourneys, bring on GT5.

PEACE
I've been here YEARS man, drop us a pm with your digits so I can ring you before next event dude

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The problem I have with BlastZone is that there has been a lack of effort to advertise this tournament to the melee players and get them hyped and interested to go, right now I just feel like I have to go because everyone is telling me to go to not be gay, but I actually don't really know that much about the event or haven't heard much about people looking to go which will be the cause of it having a low melee turnout.

i did this **** thing with shiek, i cant remember who against tho

stall -> reverse needle cancel -> fair
to edgeguard either falcon or shiek or somethin.. it was pretty **** tho

heheheehe

AC is aite!
I find it impossible to take him seriously in matches though. When it does eventually come to a tournament match i'll play properly, but i cant help but rush the **** out of someone when they spam a really punishable move

I think he has potential, big potential - potentially the most out of all the newbies but i also get this feeling he will never make it anywhere. Just my 2p on this AC character
LOL Stall > Reverse Needle Cancel > Fair.....so basic

Try Reverse Needle Cancel on stage to grab the ledge (without jumping, just running off the stage and doing it) then hop up onto the stage with a reverse needle cancel > Fair before you hit the floor as a edgeguard.

my argument is we shouldn't travel and waste a lot of money if there's no community other than london going, if there's not at least 10-15 smashers from outside of london going its pretty bs :/

this is for melee
This is true, it's not as fun for me if I just go there and play the same people I play at London Monthlies, though by the looks of it I will be coming regardless I think there should be an effort to get some more melee players to come and non-londoners.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
think you should take the 'Fox' out of the words in the pic in your sig bro

BEST IN THE ****ING UK

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
think you should take the 'Fox' out of the words in the pic in your sig bro

BEST IN THE ****ING UK
LOL When are you gonna comeback....we could team again and **** **** up, it would be funny.

Also I just realized that your sig is actually sick....and I actually feel like getting a new sig but don't know who can make them and who would be bothered to make one for me.

ANY TAKERS?

any time in may is bad, it's too near to my final deadline.
Anytime in anytime is bad because you quit remember....
BTW im pre-warning you that if placing 3rd and getting dominated by me made you want to quit last tournament....then you shouldn't come to this one as the same results will occur thus forcing you into the same mindset.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I want to host this week, gonna ask my parents when I get home, anyone interested?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I kinda have to disagree with you there ben

sometimes players dont know the sites too often or havent got a paypal or whatever it may be

or just gerenally too inexperienced at it
you don't need paypal to buy tickets.

Also, not knowing any of these things is a poor excuse. It's just poor laziness that people aren't bothering to buy tickets for themselves and because fuzzy is too kind, they've got into the habbit of automatically not bothering. If you don't know how to buy a ticket then you should learn how it's not even that hard.

VA

Smash Hero
Anytime in anytime is bad because you quit remember....
BTW im pre-warning you that if placing 3rd and getting dominated by me made you want to quit last tournament....then you shouldn't come to this one as the same results will occur thus forcing you into the same mindset.
When have I ever mentioned being upset at the results of the last tournament? Granted I was pretty downtrodden on the day. But that's it.

Quitting (although originally it was me being a troll) is totally separate from that event and has more to do with how the game is available for me to play at the moment. I never actually wanted to quit, and it was obvious from the start that I couldn't even if I wanted to. In fact, I was playing more than ever. But now that I have actually thought about the merits of quitting, it actually seems like a good decision. I'm only interested in getting better but it's too hard to arrange regular enough practice for me to do that.

Anyway, I was thinking about coming to Blastzone, just to figure out where I stand with Smash and the future. So what's this coach business about?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm thinking like thurs/fri onwards.
I am definitely interested in coming, and yours is a nice train/bus (I hope you host Friday as it will save me money since i'll have an oyster)

When have I ever mentioned being upset at the results of the last tournament? Granted I was pretty downtrodden on the day. But that's it.

Quitting (although originally it was me being a troll) is totally separate from that event and has more to do with how the game is available for me to play at the moment. I never actually wanted to quit, and it was obvious from the start that I couldn't even if I wanted to. In fact, I was playing more than ever. But now that I have actually thought about the merits of quitting, it actually seems like a good decision. I'm only interested in getting better but it's too hard to arrange regular enough practice for me to do that.

Anyway, I was thinking about coming to Blastzone, just to figure out where I stand with Smash and the future. So what's this coach business about?
LOL I think we all know that if you would have won the last monthly you definitely wouldn't be talking about quitting afterwards like you ironically were :)
But obviously as you said that had 0% to do with anything :awesome:

You should be trying to host another big smashfest if you want to get enough practice or start improving, since that's prob your best bet....no-one (not even the Londoners) play regularly against other people except their friends and just play @ Monthlies/Tournaments so in some ways your in the same predicament as a lot of people...

Anyway im number 1 in the UK now and unstoppable so look forward to destroying you at whatever event you come to next and fully having the power to determine if you stay in the community or not by how much I choose to **** you during the set :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
SNY2 IS OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Seems like Kone followed through with his 'im upset everyone wants to play smash in this smash community and not go out together to clubs with random people you don't know' thing and officially called it off.

And it was proudly & honourably initiated by yours turly, Professor Pro :)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
who's us? I'm up for beast 2.

BUT I QUIT.

but I still want to go
May, I won't make it because I quit (and it's an awful time for me).
you really are an attention seeker aren't you? you definitely haven't quit yet. plus I need some peach coaching so don't be a waste.

I want to host this week, gonna ask my parents when I get home, anyone interested?
day?

ALSO short notice, wednesday? anyone interested in playing?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Im free on Wednesday so let the destruction commence, Dujuans what's your opinion about the SNY2 incident since I have no idea and would randomly like to hear you share it on smashboards lol :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
christ, you guys post a lot in here XD i can hardly keep up

ok firstly bullet bill i approve of your rant very much, cheers and thanks

The problem I have with BlastZone is that there has been a lack of effort to advertise this tournament to the melee players and get them hyped and interested to go, right now I just feel like I have to go because everyone is telling me to go to not be gay, but I actually don't really know that much about the event or haven't heard much about people looking to go which will be the cause of it having a low melee turnout.
ok, i admit this is PRIMARILY aimed at the brawl side of the community because it is-simply put-half empty. and i kinda want to have more than about 15 people to play against, because i know theres more, my first tournament abotu a year ago there where about 50 brawlers!
however, seeing as you seem to be godly at stuff like that mr.pro, please tell me how im supposed to hype the tournament for melee, ive advertised it and such on allisbrawl *puke* and at my local college (potential new players for both games)

ive also posted a thread for it in the tournament listings boards and the european board. anything else i should do, please let me know, im not entirely sure or how to do it all ^.^

also, seeing as sny2 is down and out. any chance of me grabbing a few TV's? i mean just in case we get more than i expect (which is about 50)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
I'm thinking like thurs/fri onwards.
Friday and I might be able to come depending what time and like if people are staying over and that.

SNY2 IS OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Seems like Kone followed through with his 'im upset everyone wants to play smash in this smash community and not go out together to clubs with random people you don't know' thing and officially called it off.
Well that sucks.

Okay now so who is going BEAST II?

I'm guessing its too late to even find another place to maybe host a 'SNY' type tournament or there isn't even another place to do it?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Friday and I might be able to come depending what time and like if people are staying over and that.

Well that sucks.

Okay now so who is going BEAST II?

I'm guessing its too late to even find another place to maybe host a 'SNY' type tournament or there isn't even another place to do it?
well im having melee at blastzone. but its not gona be like sny big obv, but yeah

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Yeah I know I've already shown my interest in BZ.

But I'm talking about for a big european/international in the summer like sny last year.

Actually can I ask what is the max limit of people for the venue you have for BZ?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
christ, you guys post a lot in here XD i can hardly keep up

ok firstly bullet bill i approve of your rant very much, cheers and thanks

ok, i admit this is PRIMARILY aimed at the brawl side of the community because it is-simply put-half empty. and i kinda want to have more than about 15 people to play against, because i know theres more, my first tournament abotu a year ago there where about 50 brawlers!
however, seeing as you seem to be godly at stuff like that mr.pro, please tell me how im supposed to hype the tournament for melee, ive advertised it and such on allisbrawl *puke* and at my local college (potential new players for both games)

ive also posted a thread for it in the tournament listings boards and the european board. anything else i should do, please let me know, im not entirely sure or how to do it all ^.^

also, seeing as sny2 is down and out. any chance of me grabbing a few TV's? i mean just in case we get more than i expect (which is about 50)
Well im not really a tournament organizer or have experience in it but because you're sort of unknown as a T.O. you have to do more then just post an event to get people hyped to come to it, you should be posting the tournament and spreading the word in threads and describing why people should come and offering simple routes for people to get to your tournament which cuts the effort out for people and gets people wanting to come.

I think it was your tournament I heard about there being loads of TV's so you should be hyping it and adversitising that....that's all I can think of though but those few steps are really effective.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah I know I've already shown my interest in BZ.

But I'm talking about for a big european/international in the summer like sny last year.

Actually can I ask what is the max limit of people for the venue you have for BZ?
errr...there isnt really a major limit, but i know i wont be able to have a european event sized tournament at my current venue XD
i would put a limit at about 80-ish i suppose, although if i fill that much i'll be very surprised, and i would gain so much money id throw most of it into the pot of the singles events!
a.k.a more people means exponentially large pot XD

sniped by prof:
kay, thanks man, ill be doing a ton of work on finding the exact route to the event from bus/train stations so ill advertise it a ton once i do that

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
G.P.- It'd be fairly easy to get interest up for blastzone actually. The UK players mainly just like to talk a lot about things like who gets what seed and stage lists. Talk about things like that and the hype will take care of itself. It will also give you a bit of help with making decisions about stuff for the tournament.

Prof- about SNY2 being officially cancelled- I wouldn't worry. I already knew Ed wasn't going to do it. Remember, it's not as if a large scale european tournament in the UK won't happen again

VA

Smash Hero
let's get one thing straight, I never intended to quit, it was first written as a joke then I was like lol why not. It really is nothing more than that, and I hate Peach and I always have.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I probs will, tournament is actually looking really good (**** is sponsored ffs lol)
its not like...free stuff sponsored, mind you, just small extra in the pot sponsor XD

also bb, ive asked tamoo to do seeding for melee, and i personally dont have a clue, as for melee stage list im using the one from sny2's planned stagelist, its in the thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297385

go look, ill post seedings later

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Use the stagelist in the West Midlands thread and its ruleset, it's the rules from Apex and generally consider what is right now.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Use the stagelist in the West Midlands thread and its ruleset, it's the rules from Apex and generally consider what is right now.
i'll take a look at that

as for seeding, for melee, the only thing i can think of is fuzz 1st, prof 2nd and va 3rd if he stops being a mug

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
its not like...free stuff sponsored, mind you, just small extra in the pot sponsor XD

also bb, ive asked tamoo to do seeding for melee, and i personally dont have a clue, as for melee stage list im using the one from sny2's planned stagelist, its in the thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297385

go look, ill post seedings later
the seeding should use results as much as possible in order to be fair. Also they should be up for discussion from more players than just tamoo :)

I'm def going by the way. A tournament like this is waaaaaay overdue

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the seeding should use results as much as possible in order to be fair. Also they should be up for discussion from more players than just tamoo :)

I'm def going by the way. A tournament like this is waaaaaay overdue
i figured by your interest XD
well, theres the tournament in west midlands shortly beforehand, so we can take a look at seeding after the results of that

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
i figured by your interest XD
well, theres the tournament in west midlands shortly beforehand, so we can take a look at seeding after the results of that
but also the London monthlies. Because of absences and the number of seeds needed, you will need a few events to judge the seeding. Tournament results should take priority and then the arkward seeds where it's hard to think of who to put where or who to fill in the last of the high seeds has to be decided as rationally as possible by how they play.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
There is a UK ranking list, that should help with seeding also.

The monthly in Birmingham should not take away anything from BZ as it's just a monthly and nothing compared to BZ but simply create more hype for BZ :D

Top Bottom