• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Hey fuzz how many people are going to this melee side, am thinking of going....

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im officially not hosting brawl anymore with your amazing 1 person turnout, it turns out you guys dont give a **** (Londoners) and won't bother going if the top 3 aren't there, so seriously im not gonna host for the "London Community" if they wont even gather people from their own region. Calzors and Anaky aren't even from london and I dont give a **** if they come/not.
I gave brawl a second chance I clearly wasted my time

melee turnout was pretty awful but at least people gave valid reasons. Sadly at GT5 the venue fee will be £5 and the next one will be sometime during April

Mycological

Comment on your video: Edwin(marth) vs Professor Pro(fox) 1

THIS! has got to be the sickest Marth in SSBM i seen on youtube yet! he actually uses counter (in a FAIR and ADMIRABLE manner) AND his sword-dance jitsu (b + over) verrry effectively.
still ave yet to see someone edge guard a Marth tho. his dog paddlin (b + over) in mid air, plus his b + up's good n quick vertical reach make him a tricky one to edge guard.
takes a Marth player to edge hog a Marth!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
prof 1st
fuzz 2nd
smakis 3rd
jely 4th
swizzy 5th
bullet bill..5th/6th?

doubles:

smakis + fuzz 1st
prof + alpha dash 2nd
swizzy + j3ly 3rd
clockmire + bullet bill 4th

something like that

it wasnt too serious, but we had a good finals.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'll def make the next one as I'm sure nearly everyone else will as a lot missed out on this one for various reasons

Tamoo

Smash Master
Cheers Charles,
did ben go all fox? good to see that he went though and did decent.

And yeah, I should have my tax returns by the next event, no money johns for next time :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
he didnt, and alpha dash went IC too LOL

in winners finals I went fox for the first two games lost 2-0

then went marth when losing and won 3-2

grand finals I went all falcon and lost like 7-1/2 rofl

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Results:

1. Prof
2. Fuzzy
3. Smakis
4. J3ly

5. Swizzy
5. Alpha Dash

7. JJlinyard
7. Bullet Bill

9. PMS
9. Unreal
9. The Lust
9. Clockmire

Small turnout was still hella fun, shoutouts later.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You didn't really though, as I had a percentage on 1 stock which made it easy to take out and you had 2 stock at the end of the match, but I guess I will let you have your 1 victory in the 7 I won :bee:

Also you were playing fully seriously and admitted it to quote your

it wasnt too serious, but we had a good finals.
Since if you would have won it would have been **** and you dominating.

Also I would like to say thank you Bullet Bill for supporting me during the GF's, I really appreciated it and it was nice to hear lol :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well the whole tourney wasnt too serious to me apart from against smakis and you lol

but I'm not too fussed about coming 2nd this time..more worried about losing £80 but I should get it back at GT5

monthlies I guess aren't too big on winning, they're more fun now to me. I'm caring about winning a national more =)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think you should consider raising the Venue Fee for GT5 to £6 Fuzz....
Reason being that Fuzz does quite a big thing by booking the venue for everyone to play and by everyone giving like £1 more Charles literally saves like £40

And so far he has lost £80 in total from his own pocket of hosting and not profiting, so this shouldn't be too much to ask from the scene.

That's just my honest input of what I feel should happen....

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah we do need a reliable capture card, how much are they cos we could also have some donation thing or something lol.

I HAVE SOMEONES MEMORY CARD

I think it might be Clockmire's from the cube setup which was on the left to the Wii setup which was mine

IT'S A GREY ONE AT IT HAS SOME LITTLE CIRCLE YELLOW STICKER ON IT

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
It was a fun "smashfest" today becuase the turnout was so **** i don't consider it a tournament really lol

Thanks for the good games everyone and thanks for those sick freindlies Charles :) and the advice.

Shoutouts later

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Fools! Ezcap ALL the way. Cheap and works straight away using virtualdub (free downloadable software).
Quality is good and none of this having to use 2 programs gay shiat to get the input signal you seem to have to do with dazzle.
Never had ANY problems with my ezcap and it only cost me like 25 quid lol

And well done Prof for winning!! :)

rustediron

Smash Lord
Yeah, kinda didn't come because it was the day after my birthday :S
Oh wells.
Def everyone chip in for Fuzz at GT5 though.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Fools! Ezcap ALL the way. Cheap and works straight away using virtualdub (free downloadable software).
Quality is good and none of this having to use 2 programs gay shiat to get the input signal you seem to have to do with dazzle.
Never had ANY problems with my ezcap and it only cost me like 25 quid lol

And well done Prof for winning!! :)
LOL This sounds a lot better then I guess, I don't really know much about recording equipment but I think people should look into getting this or someone just bringing their flipping Ezcap to GT5

And isn't it ironic the two times I 7-1 Fuzz miraculously the recording equipment isn't working.....

It's even worse because in 3 matches of the GF's I got Charles down to 1 stock with still me having 4 stocks....it's annoying that sets keep on getting uploaded when I lose when but never when I actually dominate Fuzz except for at VA's Smashfest where I beat him 6-2.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Alpha Dash and Bullet Bill: Absolute WASTES! STICK TO YOUR NEW CHARACTER.

Prof: Well done baby. <3 I knew you would win.

j3ly

Smash Champion
jolteon - waste is rarely, if ever plural despite refering to more than 1 person

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Alpha Dash and Bullet Bill: Absolute WASTES! STICK TO YOUR NEW CHARACTER.

Prof: Well done baby. <3 I knew you would win.
LOL Yeah they are wastes for not sticking, but it did allow them to progress further in the tournament so atleast they got a bit of experience playing with their new mains and I think they both saw that they still need to improve and learn MU's with the new mains

And thanks baby lol :)
I started destroying after J3ly was chatting some **** in my ear....I was just playing and concentrating and J3ly kept on saying I looked unconfident, I don't know how im meant to look confident though, im just concentrating lol...

But either way he should have said nothing cos afterwards I beasted. :bee:

j3ly

Smash Champion
charles cheered for me earlier lol, i felt i owed him a debt of cheering against you

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL

I like 3-0'd Smakis....like each match was 2/3 stock, he won't be winning against me anytime soon, but we still love Smaykus regardless :bee:

I'm gonna do my mini shoutouts in a bit.

Top Bottom