• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

j3ly

Smash Champion
no really, my puff and marth suck. sooo bad i have no chance of beating anybody with either of those characters.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I'll be happy to play your jiggz, £2? (I'll genuinely try and get it in this time lol, I always seem to miss my chance :S)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I'm not coming to this monthly cause I'm going to my friend's 18th.
Adam didn't I Ilke 3 stock your jiggs? Oh yeah I did, lol.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Jolteon judging from the fact i dont remeber that game atall, we can assume 3 things:

i was high
i was mostly paying attention to the game on the next cube (bad habit)
you played ur campiest while i bair rushed indescriminatly (damn my spellin seriously)

let us clarify 2 more things:

my jiggs is much sexier than brado's + tamoo's
imo my jiggs could place higher in tournament for now. i'd put money on that. having a higher seed gives me the advantage anyway. falco aside jiggs is my best MU with jiggs which certainly helps. its a beautiful flowing MU, kinda like pichu dittos

now allow me to reiterate my original point:

Jolteon - £5mm with my jiggs when next available?

now allow me to issue a universal humiliation:

in the grand scale of things i suck a phat **** at this game
... but keep tryin ey?

edwin - lol, really nice offer thankyou man but it wont be necessary, i've sorted myself out i think

Jolteon

Jolteon judging from the fact i dont remeber that game atall, we can assume 3 things:

i was high
You weren't.

i was mostly paying attention to the game on the next cube (bad habit)
Maybe? Who cares?

you played ur campiest while i bair rushed indescriminatly (damn my spellin seriously)
Not really.

now allow me to reiterate my original point:

Jolteon - £5mm with my jiggs when next available?
ok

j3ly

Smash Champion
the calculations are made by fuzz assuming a fuzz victory, doesn't change a thing

lol jolteon u type like a moody bitach on her period

Jolteon

loooool why would I be moody when you're offering me free money? :) All I saw in your post were johns, I'm not going to write an entire essay in response to it.

Tamoo

Smash Master
If I house someone and they're going, they can take my laptop if they want, don't know if I am housing anyone yet though since it's looking like the out of london attendance isn't looking great either.

I think I may be able to go though, will probably work it all out on thursday when I get back from southampton

rustediron

Smash Lord
J3lys favorite john-

i was high
DG's favourite john:

I wasnt high at the expo. so i wasnt playing my best. it was pretty much autopilot at the expo

But yeh, i wana MM your fox like 50p or something, just to get some serious games in.

Accepting MM from everyone

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Adam's tournament fund

well, im broke so i need confirmed MM's that i know i wont lose so i can enter the tournament!

Jolteon - you suggested a 5er vs my jiggs?
Tamoo - you suggest 2 MM's, fox + falco vs my jiggs?

that should about cover it. if i lose ill borrow money to pay for the mm, but hahahaha cmon.
How about teaming with me for some guaranteed money for placing?

Was well good fun last time.

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
I can't make this monthly cos of work which is extremely lame....
I miss this game so much, literally haven't played since the last monthly and just haven't had time to play at all since with anyone.
I really don't wanna quit this game but it's just impossible to compete if I don't get any practice in. Considering packing it in tbh, just can't mantain any skill or consistency if I can't play :(

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I really don't wanna quit this game but it's just impossible to compete if I don't get any practice in. Considering packing it in tbh, just can't mantain any skill or consistency if I can't play :(
You think I practiced the last time I went to a monthly?

Last tourney I attended I had literally two hours of practice, and the last time I played smash before that was probably one or two months.

SO NO JOHNS.

Don't quit the game just because you can't get practice in. Hell, come to the tourney just for friendlies and hanging out ... I just go to tourneys for the banter :V

And often, you may find that having not played in a while, you will play a LOT better than you last remember. (is the case for me apparently o_o)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I miss this game so much, literally haven't played since the last monthly and just haven't had time to play at all since with anyone.
WTF is this john when I can come and play you frequently to help you maintain the skill at your house.....no johns, your not quitting :)

smakis

Smash Ace

this is me saying hi from ireland, now stfu and get back to training mode

rustediron

Smash Lord
You think I practiced the last time I went to a monthly?

Last tourney I attended I had literally two hours of practice, and the last time I played smash before that was probably one or two months.

SO NO JOHNS.

Don't quit the game just because you can't get practice in. Hell, come to the tourney just for friendlies and hanging out ... I just go to tourneys for the banter :V

And often, you may find that having not played in a while, you will play a LOT better than you last remember. (is the case for me apparently o_o)
Yeah but... brawl

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
dont quit.....i havent played you yet...
for some reason im fixated on beating you:urg:

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol i watched ur vids from the midlands vids - gd **** on taking my advise makes a big difference init ;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
West Midlands was the Monthly I officially realized I know longer own any of my original tricks, for some reasons all of my fox tricks are being stolen by my UK by players such as Yeniths, Fuzzy, Crabman and others bounding me to no originality and according to Fuzz it's cos 'The Prof stuff works'.....it's actually gay/and pleasing at the same time when I watch Yeniths vs Fuzzy and I blantantly see him stealing my stuff and then looking at me and then saying 'I learned that from you baby' LOL :) :(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
really? quitting because you cant practise?
im sorry but thats a tad pathetic. do people forget this is a game? something thats meant to be FUN?

im go for the people and to talk to people i like, sure theres also the fact i like to see how im matching up in comparison.
and i also played my first melee at the last tournament to see if i would find it fun to play properly
of course, choosing to play prof first probably wasnt my smartest move, but still, it was good fun to get waveshined constantly XD
/rant

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
lol ddiz I've played you a few times.
And LOL @ my post I was mega drunk when I wrote that. I repeated the same point about 3 times in 2 sentences.
I ain't gonna quit :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL To be fair I don't think it's fair to say 1st impression as he's been around here for a while.....

Unless you're talking about IRL.

And lol at drunk/rage 'im gonna quit this game'.....nice VA times lol, but yeah there's gonna be a smashfest this friday at Dujuan's so people should try to come for training before the tournament since we're gonna have an OoC minus The Lust....but im gonna try and get him to come.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i've never met him, score out the 'first' and i think that bolsters my point further hahhaa

Jolteon

the trick is to have a dry playstyle, then no one will steal your tricks.

btw I'm interested in friday but I also have school that day and that's also the day where pokemon b/w copies are being signed in london lol, but if I have enough time afterwards I'd like to go.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL I will never be like you and play a boring spamming Bair and Zoning and not approaching style.

I have to be flashy and technical and tricky lol, the solution is to make tricks to hard for the average person to attempt, thus cementing my own style even further lol

OoC gonna be at this shiz :)

Jolteon

LOL I will never be like you and play a boring spamming Bair and Zoning and not approaching style.

I have to be flashy and technical and tricky lol, the solution is to make tricks to hard for the average person to attempt, thus cementing my own style even further lol

OoC gonna be at this shiz :)
looooooool well it looks like your solution hasn't worked so far. <3

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL That's cos I don't play this game that much on my own which I should start doing, there's still little intricate techniques I use which people don't notice which I still signature as my own as I don't see anyonelse use them.

Like how you can't shine inbetween your initial dash so if you want to waveshine someone who spaced in the middle of the first dash then you have to JC Shine it and then continue the waveshine.

Or like how the U-Throw Double shine only works if you're facing away from the edge (on falco and fox, on falcon it's when you're facing towards) but if you're facing frontways you have to quickly run the other way and then JC Shine to double shine, but extremely quickly....

I still have my tricks here and there, I will never be fully duplicated.
Also no-one will ever fully duplicate my Randall abuse lol.

Top Bottom