• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

loool @ The tone of this post....and yeah I will be a good boy, when am I not :confused:
Now you be a good mod even though you have failed in the first few days.....

...and I will spew twice as much as I usually do starting from today.
Would the good boy be as kind as to show me just how I failed?

Also to add to this, for every piece of spam you spout, Fuzzy and Yen both have to deal with it as well. Nice job on making it tougher for them.

Edit: Also Prof, this isn't off topic, seeing as this thread has no topic and/or wasn't on a topic to begin with, I'm simply keeping discussion alive.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Would the good boy be as kind as to show me just how I failed?

Also to add to this, for every piece of spam you spout, Fuzzy and Yen both have to deal with it as well. Nice job on making it tougher for them.
I've report your post for continously going off topic throughtout this thread and spamming it up like a noob....please spout your personal issues about how BAD you are doing your job somewherelse so that the original intentions of this thread may continue please....:)

Sooo who think they can make this monthly....everyone has stepped up and im still pretty hyped from SNY and hope everyonelse is as well :)

Reported posts come straight to me, please do realise that, also realise that there was no topic to get off of. Nice try Prof, better luck next time.

I will definatly be making the monthly myself, entering both games this time ;).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I already knew it went to you when it gets reported since you said with some sense of achievement and proudness ((lol) 'I moderate the entire European board' and 'I have been a moderate of four different boards' but I did it for the lulz and knowing it potentially went to other mods who could cease your inconsiderate spam :urg:

Now please spout your insecurities elsewhere while this discussion continues please....:urg: :urg: :urg: :urg:

Since brawl and melee is being combined at this event i'm what are we going to do.....pools with singles or bracket straight away then doubles....

I like Bracket straight away and doubles personally but no ieda if we even have enough time to do it since brawl is gay and long and takes up melee TV's (jk brawlers lol) but yeah.....I think I remember last people talking about Brackets + Doubles if i'm right

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
18th September??? Hell YEAH i'm there! Gives me at least 2 weeks to practice after my re-takes.

Me and Bishkin gonna bring the Peach + Jiggz team out... I feel sorry for you guys :laugh:...

Been watching too many **** APEX vids... I JUST WANT TO PLAY!!

EDIT - Keep it up Prof, I am amused....

Also brackets and doubles is the way forward (even tho i personally will probably get less matches as a result :p)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
18th of september...
KJ! i dibs a spot at yor house, preferably that comfy rug i slept on last time >.<
its been like, 4 months since i last got to a tournament and hell have i improved since then i so need to destroy stuff

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I would be in favour of straight into brackets and doubles but it's often unfair to people as the seeding is always so poorly done. I have NEVER gotten a seed in London which is insane, I have been placing above or the same as all the Fox's, bar Prof for some time now. and placing 33rd at a EU event, 7th at GT3 I think its about time :p

So yeah if it was straight to Brackets I would like around 3 people creating the bracket, 3 people that know what they are doing.

The talk about mods being slack is silly aswel, I have given out so so many infractions now I can't even count, banned Andy like 2 times, Willz like 3, I can go on and on...

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
18th of september...
KJ! i dibs a spot at yor house, preferably that comfy rug i slept on last time >.<
its been like, 4 months since i last got to a tournament and hell have i improved since then i so need to destroy stuff
GP melee pool destruction

i'm looking to see how i've improved in both brawl and melee at this event. i shall crush pressure with a brick

18th of september...
You can have the rug lol. Will you be coming with Slurpz this time?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oya, would also like to see how my uber offensive snake is at andy's fest...

oh wait NO says the college for making enrollment day the most awkward day possible
basterds

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Chrisboi said he is coming to this lol :confused:

So yeah let's see what middle-top players can take him out this tournament to see if there has been any improvement since Chrisboi would have stayed rather static while everyonelse has improved....would be a decent marker imo...also the same wth frostbyte.

X1-12

Smash Champion
he gave up since he found out I could play smash for longer than him

Fuzz: would you ever change the stages on the list? What about putting Mute City, Rainbow ride and Brinstar on?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I actually think we should change the stage list, the current one is way too restricted and I think we should at least put on stages like Brinstar/Rainbow Cruise/Kongo Jungle 64 etc.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
he gave up since he found out I could play smash for longer than him
He gave up because he couldn't beat one of the top 3 players in the world.....

Edwin gets mentally broken down too easily, I tried to convince that he reason for quitting is stupid and all he could say is 'It's gay, you can't do anything against his peach, it's such a gay character' etc..... and I tried to convince him different but he wouldn't listen to me and i'm bored of attempting to convince him so I hope he comes to the London Monthly and I will ask him if he is and suggest he should, but I won't be going out of my way to convince him like I did at SNY1, and ring people to get a ticket booked with one day to the tournament left and arrnage to meet up with him like I did just to get him to come, only for him to disqualify himself.

I actually think we should change the stage list, the current one is way too restricted and I think we should at least put on stages like Brinstar/Rainbow Cruise/Kongo Jungle 64 etc.
I agree....the reasons I want more stages to be added is to really just have a more diverse appraoch to Monthlies and the stages picks and for ACTUAL COUNTERPICKS to be in play, i'm personally not too sure if these stages should be allowed at major UK tournaments but for London Monthlies I think it should definitely be on

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
The monthlies should be more experimental with stage lists. I agree with prof there 100%.
Also prof, I noticed your forum sig has changed lol.

Jolteon

He changed it before SNY.

I agree that monthlies should be more experimental, but I also disagree with using the current stage list in major tournaments. Nothing is wrong with those stages, they should be allowed at any major event and in fact only having a limited stage selection buffs some characters (Marth springs to mind as he does well on most neutrals and not so many CPs).

L-J

Smash Ace
I would be in favour of straight into brackets and doubles but it's often unfair to people as the seeding is always so poorly done. I have NEVER gotten a seed in London which is insane, I have been placing above or the same as all the Fox's, bar Prof for some time now. and placing 33rd at a EU event, 7th at GT3 I think its about time :p

So yeah if it was straight to Brackets I would like around 3 people creating the bracket, 3 people that know what they are doing.
Agreed with you in every respect George - if i'm getting a seed at tourneys you deserve one too, no doubt. Seeding is always going to be an issue but i'd rather have the doubles and straight to bracket singles. There have been enough recent tournaments with doubles and singles to do seedings predominantly by RESULTS before mere reputation/opinion of those in charge of seeding, and that applies for doubles too where teams have stayed consistent over the last 3/4 tourneys.

I am so salty about 33rd when I won a match in bracket and none of the other last placers did - silly 48 man bracket loooool :p

Oh and it's looking unlikely I can make this atm unfortunately - I'm probably away in Wales that weekend caving, but it's not booked yet so I'll see how it goes.

Might do SNY shoutouts in the results thread later, but if I don't just wanna say SO MUCH <3 for SATiRe and Dave - awesome company all tournament. Also <3 for LC as well, though not as much cus I didn't see you as much and you guys suck olololo.

EDIT: With regard to stages, I would be happy to see KJ, Brinstar, Rainbow Ride return, but not Mute City or Corneria. The latter two are imho stupid stages that favour certain characters obscene amounts. I know counterpicks are there to give an advantage but those two take it too far. Certainly if one is allowed, both have to be. There's no way as a fox player I should have to put up with either Mute or Brinstar (having banned one obviously) against Puff or Peach and not have a choice of Rainbow Ride or Corneria to counterpick to (assuming one is banned). I know this is a specific example but in general having Mute and Brinstar on is too much of an advantage for Puff, Peach, etc without having other stages legal to balance it out.

Also Tam, your Pokefloats idea - I veto that **** LOL.

Jolteon

I agree I think Mute and Corneria are iffy, but nothing's wrong with the other stages really. Only way I'd like to see Mute/Corneria on is if we get 2 bans.

/e Actually I kinda like that idea since it means that other characters get some interesting stage CPs that aren't broken (MC/Corneria in certain matchups for example) while Fox and Jiggs still won't have extreme stages to choose from thanks to two bans. I'm kinda thinking of a stagelist like this with 2 bans would be good, opinions?

Neutral
FD
BF
DL
YS
PS

Counterpick
FoD
Corneria
Brinstar
MC
KJ64
Rainbow Cruise

Also I don't think you should be able to ban a neutral stage...... it's a neutral stage for a reason. I realised after SNY, after hating FD for so long as Sheik that I should simply learn how to play on FD rather than instantly banning it and not having to worry about it, since I really believe it was making me a worse player in general by using FD as an excuse. Stage bans were designed for CPs, but now we have less CPs and they're just used for neutrals instead. I think by adding this 2 ban/large CP list system you could get people actually banning CPs rather than neutrals they don't want to learn how to play on.

j3ly

Smash Champion
are we having teams at this event? seeing as there will be no pools. teams > pools, definatly

PS is a bull**** neutral stage.
FoD - a fantastic stage in general
corneria - stupid stage, stupid.
brinstar - ******** stage
mc - buffs chars THAT DONT NEED BUFFING, even though it debuffs fox and falco.
KJ64 - is a cool stage.
Rainbow cruise - debuffs chars that could need debuffing.

the stage list is fine as it it IMO. we could do with PS, KJ64, RC nd FoD (i disagree with FoD) as CP's , and the neutrals + yoshis as strikable.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
I can totally understand why people would think im a sore loser / easily mentally broken most people would just come to that conclusion after playing armada. but was literally tired of playing on the last day lmao

if it was the 1st / 2nd day I would have got something like top 7

im thankful to aaron for convincing me to go.

he did me a favour

i would have sat home and wondered what if ' you know

but after actually going SNY i can safely say that smash is done for me

dont enjoy it that much well the competitive side of it anyways . i had fun playiing ukers cause i just knew them personally more than anyone

so yeah im actually done now

UK is **** : P

j3ly

Smash Champion
trust me, he will be playing smash at mine in a few days. you just cant quite shake that urge to **** noobs sometimes, ya kno?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
see you in a week edwin
looool

He'll not attend this monthly to prove a point....so i'll say see you at the next monthly Edwin :)

Edit - And I agree Jolteon.....he said he quit smash at SNY1 and didn't want to play it anymore at the event and then he wanted to play it at the train station on the TV thingy on the ride home...
Edwin gets extremely easily broken and was acting like a baby when he lost to Armada lol and really just wants people to make him stick around and tell him that he's wanted etc...even though part of him prob doesn't want to play it's obvious part of him does.....oh well whatever he does is whatever he does.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
very true, edwin needs to unserstand that after tourneys you get that "i wanna quit" feeling. I'm not gonna lie it does feel long continuing smash BUT MAN UP! I aint gonna stop till I get to the top, it may take long but i'm determined, thats how i got to where I am in the first place and i'm only gonna get better... quitting is only gonna bring your game down when you decide to play again. I hate to say it but thats why last dragon will lose to unexpected people.

VA

Smash Hero
very true, edwin needs to unserstand that after tourneys you get that "i wanna quit" feeling. I'm not gonna lie it does feel long continuing smash BUT MAN UP! I aint gonna stop till I get to the top, it may take long but i'm determined, thats how i got to where I am in the first place and i'm only gonna get better... quitting is only gonna bring your game down when you decide to play again. I hate to say it but thats why last dragon will lose to unexpected people.
The problem is if you're going to become a top player you will already know about it.

Edwin and I are quitting. We've talked about it.

j3ly

Smash Champion
VA u are literally the worst corner stone for a community ever. never have i ever seen u motivate anyone. the americans also throught u were a prick, as said on the livestream.

do evry1 a favour and quit already.. ive specifically heard pros far superior to you say the exact opposite of what you said (you will already know bout it) so thats just bull, you are one of those people who like to dampen peoples enhusiasm init. u practically just said to dujuan he has no potential to be at top 3.

AD will be pro, because he has the drive and basic intelligence and intuition. thats all that matters. plus the handoff.. once he gets that all will be good.

besides VA.. ur no gna quit...

Jolteon

are we having teams at this event? seeing as there will be no pools. teams > pools, definatly

PS is a bull**** neutral stage.
FoD - a fantastic stage in general
corneria - stupid stage, stupid.
brinstar - ******** stage
mc - buffs chars THAT DONT NEED BUFFING, even though it debuffs fox and falco.
KJ64 - is a cool stage.
Rainbow cruise - debuffs chars that could need debuffing.

the stage list is fine as it it IMO. we could do with PS, KJ64, RC nd FoD (i disagree with FoD) as CP's , and the neutrals + yoshis as strikable.
I think PS and FoD should be swapped as CPs too, i'm not saying this as a sheik player either lol. PS stage changes are stupid and even though it's a "neutral" it's one of the best CPs for spacies players.

mc only seriously buffs two chars, corneria is similar, which is why i'm proposing 2 bans so that other chars can use it as a viable cp.

again i dont really see anything wrong with brinstar/rc, if certain characters struggle on rc then that's simply a negative point to that character.

Even if we don't have MC/Corneria with 2 bans, I think we should at least put on kj/brinstar/rc since the current stagelist blows for a CP system (which is a big part of smash).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The problem is if you're going to become a top player you will already know about it.

Edwin and I are quitting. We've talked about it.
I disagree.....I never knew I was going to be one of the top players in the UK until I started placing well at events then it came more obvious I had potential until I started placing decent and getting seeded then I realized I was one of the top players...

It's not like some destiny thing when you walk into the scene and know you will be the best lol, it happens after improvement and when the improvement becomes more visual....sometimes you are in a position to know you will be top though cos of the determination one might have orrr the people you train with....but it's not the same in every case.

And ok about you two quitting, I feel the reason why you quitting is something to do with your opinion of the UK community or something and how you don't like it but I personally love it atm....came to see I loved it more at SNY1 as well......

I'M STAYING GUYS!!!!

VA u are literally the worst corner stone for a community ever. never have i ever seen u motivate anyone. the americans also throught u were a prick, as said on the livestream.

do evry1 a favour and quit already.. ive specifically heard pros far superior to you say the exact opposite of what you said (you will already know bout it) so thats just bull, you are one of those people who like to dampen peoples enhusiasm init. u practically just said to dujuan he has no potential to be at top 3.

AD will be pro, because he has the drive and basic intelligence and intuition. thats all that matters. plus the handoff.. once he gets that all will be good.

besides VA.. ur no gna quit...
loool I agree that he basically did attempt to bring down Dujuan there with that comment....Dujuan can do it as long as he is pushed in the right way which he easily can be which basically means he will be top.

Anyway I actually love the improvement throughtout the community....it's faster then it EVERRRRR has been which is quite ridiculous and I haven't got anything bad to say except keep on doing your things guys and come to the London Monthly and everyone good luck....

The list of the next top potential people in the UK IMO
- J3ly (Top contenders imo)
- Swizzy (Top contenders imo)
- Jolteon (Top conteders imo)
- Deathgazer (He is actually getting smarter lol)
- Alpha Dash (Still needs a bit of improvement though)
- Gantz (ONLYYY if he actually plays more often)

Top Bottom