• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Tournament Stories

The Fonz

Smash Cadet
NNID
SChavez44
3DS FC
1134-8193-3071
Hey guys I know this is a noobish question but this has been bugging me for a while. Im planning on going to my first Smash tournament soon but I dont want to look like a complete noob so is there anything I need to know that goes on? How do tournaments usually work and do you mind sharing your tournament experiences?

D20

Smash Lord
Just be friendly. Play lots of games and talk to lots of people. You have nothing to worry about.

I attended well over 50 tournaments between 2007 and 2010, and I never had a bad experience. I've made a ton of friends playing this game; I'm sure you will, too.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
What he said :awesome:.

Just be yourself and have fun challenging tough opponents. It's a pretty chill environment from my experience, and usually any of the assholes get destroyed on the first round lol. Plus, it's uncanny how easy it is to make friends in these settings.

Personally, I've only had good tournament experiences.......and win them all too :chuckle:.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
The only real bad experience I can think of was going to 2 tournaments back to back over a weekend. One was in NJ, the other was in Long Island, NY the next day. I live in NYC so I was sorta in the middle. I crashed and burned on the train ride back home so I decided to stay the night at a relative's on Long Island and wake up early to get back to work. That was also the day I didn't bring any cash besides the tournament costs and I couldn't find an ATM anywhere so I basically ate nothing all day.
Moral of the story is...pace yourself, don't get too tired and make sure you bring cash for food!

Top Bottom