• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Smash Saturdays

Smash Saturdays
Posted by doofball
The Chicago Clubhouse
Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 02:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

doofball

Smash Rookie
Smash Saturdays, a Saturday afternoon weekly tournament in Glenview Illinois.

Run at the Chicago Clubhouse, located at 1627 Waukegan Road, Glenview, Ill.

Melee, Project M, and Smash 4 singles brackets.

Venue fee is normally $5, and bracket fee is normally $5 per game. This may change for monthly events every now and then- this information will be on the facebook page.

PLEASE check the facebook page for information about any particular day- the location may change for the occasional monthly! The facebook page can be found at:
https://www.facebook.com/smashsaturdays/?fref=ts&__mref=message_bubble

NOTE: The venue is having a special event on April 2nd, so there will be NO TOURNAMENT on that day.
We will resume normally scheduled Saturday brackets starting April 9th and running consistently until at least early June, with no other interruptions.

Dan Cruz

Smash Rookie
NNID
DanCruz36
Do you have to pay in order to participate, and if so how much? I may be going depending on if there are any fees to play and how large of a fee that is.

Last edited:

Montrac

Smash Rookie
What is the average turnout? And does smash 4 run throughout the day?

Olimar071203

Smash Rookie
Is the an age restriction because I'm one of the youngest competitive smash players?

Montrac

Smash Rookie
Can't help notice the lack of responses questions. Still, I'll try showing up!

doofball

Smash Rookie
Sorry, all. I don't actually manage this event, I just happen to go to it often and created a smashboards event for it (With permision of the TO, ofc.)

The venue fee is $5, and the bracket entry fee for all games is usually $5. It is never more, but will occasionally be less- for example, yesterday was Rubicon, so there were notably fewer melee entrants, and that bracket was cheaper as a result.

There is no age restriction, the venue is a trading card/ hobby store, not a bar or anything. Friendlies run throughout the day, on whatever setups are not currently being used by an active bracket, generally starting at 2pm, but most people are out of there by 10pm. There are always a few playing friendlies late for all three games though.

The brackets generally start at 3pm, though they are supposed to start with melee first at 2pm it is almost always delayed for late entrants. PM starts about an hour after melee begins. Sm4sh starts around the same time since it uses different setups anyway.

Like I said, check the facebook page for more relevant/updated information, since that is what the actual TO manages directly.

This is important- the store that is our venue occasionally has special events on Saturday for the release of a special deck or expansion- INCLUDING THIS COMING SATURDAY, APRIL 2ND. There will be NO TOURNAMENT on that day.

The tournament will be run the very next Saturday however, on April 9th, and should run consistently every Saturday until at least early June.

TryHardScrub28

Smash Rookie
Alright what the hell its far but i'll really try to be there. Anyone know how many people usually show?

I don't see any mention on smash 4 on the facebook page. Will there be any smash4 players there?

Last edited:

doofball

Smash Rookie
There are frequently doubles brackets run unofficially on the side after the official stuff ends. Usually a cheap melee doubles bracket for a few bucks, but if you ask, I'm sure there will be a few people willing to enter doubles for all games. I'd love to play PM or melee doubles, myself.

doofball

Smash Rookie
Generally Sm4sh singles start at the same time as PM singles. We almost never have enough players for sm4sh to start that bracket with melee singles.

Also, to anyone viewing this thread:
This coming saturday, the 14th, is a MONTHLY called Clubhouse Carnage. This is the 2nd, so Clubhouse Carnage 2.

It will be held in the same venue, and will feature side events and a slightly more expensive venue fee at $10. Each bracket is still $5, and side events are $2 each. I believe the current brackets include Melee and Project M singles and doubles, as well as a Reverse Mains side event for each. I don't know if Sm4sh will be played or what brackets it will have.

More info is available on its fb page, here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/233289897032304/

doofball

Smash Rookie
Yes, it is hosted every week. So it will be back this coming Saturday, for example, 5/21/16, at the regular time and place.

Top Bottom