• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Panel at PAX 2014

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
LMAO at all the incorrect info being told about me.

Keep it coming guys and PLEASE keep editing my wiki page. Make it REALLY REALLY bad.

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
Impa is in the corner of the first image where the ko's box is[Link 1]

Impa has the P1 emblem on her so that's why you did not make her out[Link 2]

Sorry for the confusion man ;]
no thats Toon Link under the P1 icon

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
Dixie is way more likely than K Rool so I don't get why you're so surprised by that. Dixie is amazing.
Huh really? Thats why K Rool is 100 times more popular by demand as he is the 4th most popular choice 5th being little mac 3rd being ridley 2nd being mewtwo and 1st being mega man.

Also sakurai chooses the more unique fighter thats why he choose greninja over zoroark, robin over chrom, rosalina over waluigi, paper mario, toad ect because you can do so much more with those characters then the other picks. Why would he choose another kong extremely similar to diddy over the series villian? choosing a secondary sidekick over the series villain is like scrapping bowser for toad its pretty foolish.

Bubble gum and spinning hair isnt unique im sorry but King K Rool can easily be a very dirty fighter using cheap tactics like poking u in the eyes or bonking u on the head with your back turned for easy A moves and his pirate based moves are something smash hasnt scene yet either he has so much to him sakurai can use to make him unique very easily. Another nimble monkey with a projectile and a spin as her recovery is pretty freakin boring if you ask me we got diddy shes pretty much a waste of a slot.

So shes not as likely as you would think she is she pretty much in the same spot chrom was in. thought to be in 100% but scrapped because she brings nothing new just a boring character way too close to one we already have. Marth - Chrom Diddy - Dixie. Case and point

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
So according to a 4chan user, the full roster was revealed. Is this true, was any news said in this panel, I really doubt it. Sorry I would look at the comments but I really am procrastinating doing Uni work.

PAtrick Duvall

Smash Rookie
So according to a 4chan user, the full roster was revealed. Is this true, was any news said in this panel, I really doubt it. Sorry I would look at the comments but I really am procrastinating doing Uni work.
Doesn't look like there's any news as of yet, The Panel did start over 2 hours ago (Could still be going on), So if there's any news, I'd imagine we'll discover it soon.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Doesn't look like there's any news as of yet, The Panel did start over 2 hours ago (Could still be going on), So if there's any news, I'd imagine we'll discover it soon.
Wasn't an embargo said to be put on the panel? I dont think we're gonna get much information

TheQuasiZillionaire

Smash Cadet
You do realize that Melee gets all the views, all the big name sponsors, all the entrants, all the hype, all the focus, and a central part of this is the documentary about the Melee competitive scene right=???

You call be butthurt, but the fact of the matter is Melee brings in more entrants, more viewers, more eyes, and more positive reception than any other smash game.

Melee has had I think at least one 50 entrant tournament every week this year, and has clearly become the main event game.

Melee grows because the scene is organized in a fantastic way, the players advertise themselves well, the streams are of high quality, and it excites viewers. It's that simple.
Okay, valid points. I comprehend your argument, good sir, even if it is a bit on the overly-patronizing side of the spectrum.

Besides by the sounds of it, you aren't a competitive player or into the competitive scene, so this shouldn't concern you in the first place.
Hmm. Do not assume. It makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me."

If the mods had guts, they'd infracting this troll and all the morons who liked his post.
Nice. Insult both the moderators and your fellow members. Way to make friends.

Why do we got people hating on smash games and communities=???

Posts like these should get infractions.
Mr. Pot? Meet Mr. Kettle.

Regardless, of you don't like it, don't pay it any attention or at least don't come to a clearly Melee-centric post and diss the game and the scene.
Melee-centric? That's funny, last I checked this post was Smash-4-centric. Are there rules about "dissing" Melee (there was no dis, as far as I can tell) on Smash 4 posts, too?

I stopped playing and following Brawl in 2009, but whatever.

He's also the prick who BANS MELEE FROM HIS TOURNAMENTS AND SAYS MELEE IS CRAP!!! HE HAS TROLLED AND HATED ON MELEE AND THE MELEE COMMUNITY FOR OVER HALF A DECADE!!! HE GAVE/GIVES OTHER FIGHTING GAMES SPOTS IN HIS TOURNAMENTS BEFORE MELEE!!!!
You seem to know a lot about him for someone who didn't even recognize him a comment or two ago. Done your research?

So yes, he deserves this much crap and next to zero acknowledgement, and a whole more. The fact he hasn't been banned for all the crap he has pulled on this site shows how awful the Brawl boards have been run up to now

You're just mad that Brawl isn't top dog because you're a pathetic excuse for a Smasher.

If you were "fair", "unbiased", and "diverse", you wouldn't ban Melee at your tournaments.

===

Again, if the mods have guts, they'll infract this punk for this. I think they already did tho, so kudos to them.

It's time we cut this cancer from the community's body and MOVE ON!!!
Whew, and to finish it all off, another round of insults! Xyro, you get insults! Mods, you get insults! Everyone gets insults! Oprah!

We don't want your opinions if you're going to be so militant and unpleasant. I don't necessarily agree with Xyro's sentiment either, but at least he wasn't such a directly-in-your-face jerk about it.

Leafy Grove

Smash Rookie
Was wandoring what all te news was last night. If someone could give me some highlights that would be awesome. Thanks.

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
Click the link it has more leaked screenshots showing of Impa,Wolf, and some trophies. Don't Click If You Don't Like Spoilers.:crazy::crazy::confused::confused:
http://imgur.com/a/4cgoP

Also a full character roster leak.:eek:
http://i.imgur.com/bREN1pv.jpg

What do you guys think???
Soooo fake. The real leaks have a different dr.mario portrait. The one used here is directly ripped from official art. The pictures are also really blurry, and the character art sucks compared to the rest. Especially Dixie's. Wouldn't be surprised if you made these. If you did good job anyway.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Huh really? Thats why K Rool is 100 times more popular by demand as he is the 4th most popular choice 5th being little mac 3rd being ridley 2nd being mewtwo and 1st being mega man.

Also sakurai chooses the more unique fighter thats why he choose greninja over zoroark, robin over chrom, rosalina over waluigi, paper mario, toad ect because you can do so much more with those characters then the other picks. Why would he choose another kong extremely similar to diddy over the series villian? choosing a secondary sidekick over the series villain is like scrapping bowser for toad its pretty foolish.

Bubble gum and spinning hair isnt unique im sorry but King K Rool can easily be a very dirty fighter using cheap tactics like poking u in the eyes or bonking u on the head with your back turned for easy A moves and his pirate based moves are something smash hasnt scene yet either he has so much to him sakurai can use to make him unique very easily. Another nimble monkey with a projectile and a spin as her recovery is pretty freakin boring if you ask me we got diddy shes pretty much a waste of a slot.

So shes not as likely as you would think she is she pretty much in the same spot chrom was in. thought to be in 100% but scrapped because she brings nothing new just a boring character way too close to one we already have. Marth - Chrom Diddy - Dixie. Case and point
'Bubblegum and spinning hair isn't unique' um... Okay.... Who else is smash uses them? She's very popular, not as popular as k Rool, but at least she still appears in the dk series. And she's even linked to the original leaks that came out before the pictures were even leaked. She's a lot more likely than K Rool... Popularity doesn't really mean much, either, I mean..... Dark Pit got in.....

Last edited:

Andromear

Smash Cadet
So who are they going to reveal? Are we going to see Boswer Jr. or possible the Duck Hunt Dog?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm not sure that PAX is directly affiliated with Nintendo so I can't imagine there would be any new reveals. Also, Smash 3DS comes out in 2 weeks in Japan. Everyone will know everything then!

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure that PAX is directly affiliated with Nintendo so I can't imagine there would be any new reveals. Also, Smash 3DS comes out in 2 weeks in Japan. Everyone will know everything then!
idk about you but I would rather have a CG trailer reveal then someone uploading a video or screenshot.

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
'Bubblegum and spinning hair isn't unique' um... Okay.... Who else is smash uses them? She's very popular, not as popular as k Rool, but at least she still appears in the dk series. And she's even linked to the original leaks that came out before the pictures were even leaked. She's a lot more likely than K Rool... Popularity doesn't really mean much, either, I mean..... Dark Pit got in.....
For one bubble gum and spinning hair aren't unique because their both gonna end up as basic a nuetral B projectile and a Up B recovery functioning very much like Diddys. Because face it if we already got 3 clone characters Ganondorf and Toon Link (probably Falco too) arent changed what makes you think Dixie is gonna have a unique moveset away from Diddys when the only 2 things she has unique to her are a projectile and a recovery move that i assume will funtion very similar to the peanut popgun and rocket barrel boost?

Yeah didnt think so and if popularity didnt mean much why is Little mac and Megaman in? How bout the fact that all the fans wanted Sonic back? Popularity matters. It only doesnt matter when uniqueness out weights it. for example Everyone and their grand parents wanted Chrom in the next game but Sakurai thought this through and added Robin instead beacuse you could do so much more with his moveset via magic rather then a 3rd male swordsman. But the thing is with King K Rool hes both more popular AND much more unique then Dixie. Its not even just popularity its much more and the fact that K Rool has popularity and uniqueness over dixie pretty much closes the case that he is a much better rep and has a much higher chance then dixie.

Also those leaks saying Dixie was in tied to the leak said Mach Rider and Impa will be in too but i sure dont seem em in here making that leak and this one too seem pretty false and this came from an unknown source not even are famous leaker who showed us Shulk and Bowser jr so this has a very high chance of being fake as theirs several things wrong with it. Im not saying Ridley, Wolf, Mewtwo, Chrous Men and Dixie cant happen im just saying it isnt gonna look like this and nothing is for sure so dont beleive this one. While its true we the leaker of the 100% true leak said were getting 5 more characters theres no conformation that these 5 would be the ones

Lastly the only reason Dark Pit got in was because Palutena was already in much like how Robin got in with Lucina and Doc is coming in with Bowser Jr and Rosalina the clone characters are just addons they arent taking up any spaces on the roster if Dark Pit took Palutenas spot then that would be idiotic but he didnt so its all good

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
Contradicting leak

Question.. What's with the bubblegum move I keep hearing about for Dixie?
Exactly

in the dkc games she has an idol animation with bubble gum, poeple think that would be her standard special and launch a bubble, or something

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Exactly

in the dkc games she has an idol animation with bubble gum, poeple think that would be her standard special and launch a bubble, or something
Lol so the bubblegum could be a paralyzer move for example. Diddy throws banana in the floor.. Opponent trips. Dixie throws gum on the floor, opponent is stuck for a couple seconds. Could give it a silly animation or what not

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
Lol so the bubblegum could be a paralyzer move for example. Diddy throws banana in the floor.. Opponent trips. Dixie throws gum on the floor, opponent is stuck for a couple seconds. Could give it a silly animation or what not
Either way that and her hair spin would be the only things that would set her and Diddy apart, I don't get why people want her in so badly.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Either way that and her hair spin would be the only things that would set her and Diddy apart, I don't get why people want her in so badly.
What if what happened to her happened with Lucina. Remember Lucina was gonna be Marth's alt BUT too many stats went towards, making her an additional character. Same thing with dr mario n dixie

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Going back to the previous discussion:

The thing I have a hard time understanding is, why did Melee players found it very acceptable to say extremely nasty things about Brawl scene/players and discourage new players from entering the Brawl community when Brawl was the more popular game? (You can deny all you want but the evidence is everywhere)

Now that Melee is back on top, it's almost like you can't say anything negative about that scene in any way/shape/form.

That is why I am really hoping that everyone just adapts to Smash 4 and deals with it. Even at the expense of both the Melee and Brawl community. It doesn't seem likely but at least then we would truly be "One Unit."

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
why is @Juggleguy liking other people's ******** posts?

I feel like he shouldn't be
The fact you used a word that is meant as an insult of mentally handicapped people implying they are less intelligent and thus less valuable as people towards me, as a way of slandering me is straight up immature, startling, and unacceptable.

The very idea of a super moderator posting this inappropriate statement is awful, especially one with a history of trolling Melee players and competitive Melee players.

There is no place for these kind of statements in the Smash community. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
So did this already happen or did it not air? And are we getting another character?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
PAX isn't hosted by Nintendo employees in any way so I'd be super surprised if anything new was publicly released unfortunately.

TrevonMarrast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luigicheesecake
Talked to some other people about the first set of images, and they've been proven to be fake. Shame, but I really doubt Zelda won't get another rep, when Pokemon, mario and fire emblem have between 4-6
Exactly. I had hopes for Ghirahim, but he de-confirmed by Sakurai...

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. I had hopes for Ghirahim, but he de-confirmed by Sakurai...
As I wasn't too much of a fan of Skyward Sword, the two characters that I wanted to see was Vaati and Tingle (who would represent his own series), but now that Tingle is an assist trophy, my next vote goes to Impa. In all honesty though I only see Impa making it into smash

Top Bottom