• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Notes: The Definitive App for the Smash Bros Player

anddna

Smash Rookie

Hey Smashboards! me and a couple of friends are long time smash bros players, but just really new on the Competitive scene.
What we do are kinda experts on is on the app development department. That's why we decided to create Smash Notes.

You can choose all the mains you... well.. main.

We gathered a lot of info from here, ssbwiki.com, reddit/r/smashbros and some gamefaqs... for each character, their attacks damage number, specials descriptions, some character analysis videos by ZeRo, M2K and shofu, competitive data by Aerodrome, alts origins, and much other stuff we didn't even know it existed!

Obviously, it has the unlock methods of chars and stages, aswell as Challenges and their prizes (all for 3DS and Wii U)

There's some much more room for improvement yet, but first i'd love to hear any kind feedback from you guys!

EDIT: Oh yeah! forgot to mention... Next week its coming out on IOS! :)

SOME SCREENSHOTS:

Since i haven't posted much (just spying data from here lol) i can't post links yet.

So check my signature for links! :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Will check it out on iTunes when it's out! Cool beans.

Last edited by a moderator:

the8thark

Smash Lord
I assume you have the WIiU game guide to use it's information in your app. 300+ pages of information telling everything you could ever want to know about Smash (WiiU and 3DS).

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Last edited:

anddna

Smash Rookie
installed it and it looks great!
Thanks! I love the visual part of the app too! :D I'm on the process of changing the skins images to some better quality ones i found though.

Will check it out on iTunes when it's out! Cool beans.
Yeah... i think we'll have to wait for next week top. Apple guys are kinda dramatic lol.

I assume you have the WIiU game guide to use it's information in your app. 300+ pages of information telling everything you could ever want to know about Smash (WiiU and 3DS).
This sounds VERY interesting. I'll check it out thanks.

Nice app, could use a bit of polish with some of the damage values, you're more than welcome to request/contact me privately for my help on this (since I'd really like to assist you).

I was told by a friend that I was name dropped here so I'm a bit pleased about that.

If you want to start with Lucina, you can check her base damage values out here
Wow! the great Aerodrome! :D lol for us you are like a hero with all the data! Thanks so much for the feedback... and yes, sadly we couldn't have a consistent source for the damage values since many characters on ssbwiki aren't updated...

Anyway, thanks for the help! Right now we are polishing some App related stuff... but then it comes the time for the info!

Lucina will be the first updated, then we'll be contacting you! Thanks again!

Is the iOS one has iPhone 6 support? :p
Yeah it will! :)

Thanks guys for all the feedback! :) This helps a lot to define a better app!

Meanwhile... i'd like to ask you the obvious haha to comment, rate, share the app to your smash friends, etc. etc.! :) thanks so much!

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Excellent. Thanks for the app. Wish I had programming skills tho T_T

anddna

Smash Rookie
Excellent. Thanks for the app. Wish I had programming skills tho T_T
Thanks to you! and my tip is to never give up! (how cheesy haha) but for real... In this age... we have the best College in the world right next to us: Youtube! lol

I will see for my self and compare to the guide since i have the collectors version
Great! maybe do you have a link to buy this guide??

anddna

Smash Rookie
As @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer stated... the app should have some damage values polish... But that doesn't mean you can already start downloading it or reccomending it to other smash players since there will be CONSTANT UPDATES!

The app will have all the damage values updated until they are definitive and their descriptions perfected (shortened in some cases)

Any thoughts on the STAGES page? Right now it only shows unlock methods for them...
I was thinking to add tournament legability to them? Is there a definitive list of this? Or is it undefined as the Tier lists?

Thanks everyone for the feedback! :)

Last edited:

Qbopper

Smash Rookie
Does it have stuff for challenges and the like as well? would be nice to have the list on hand

anddna

Smash Rookie
Does it have stuff for challenges and the like as well? would be nice to have the list on hand
Yeah! the 105 Challenges for 3DS on their 3 panels, and the 14x10 140 Challenges for the Wii U,
Both of them, showing the Prizes for completing them :)

I'm thinking of adding a Challenges Tips Section on them for some very challenging challeges :D

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I looked at the Google Play Store and I can't find there so I'll assume it's not on iOS yet either.

Quen

Smash Rookie
Looks like it's banned from the Play Store. You can't just make an app with lots of copyrighted content... that was pretty naive.

Last edited:

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Looks like it's banned from the Play Store. You can't just make an app with lots of copyrighted content... that was pretty naive.
I was wondering how they planned on getting away with this. Turns out they didn't.

d00derino

Smash Cadet
Nice man. I was going to make a SPA with Angular that would let you track challenges (something simple, via cookies only), to have as a sample project in my portfolio. Do you have an API or something I could hook into to grab data? Would you be offended if I did?

Top Bottom