• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Mini Games

LAS | Wookiee

Smash Uurr Ahhrr Uhrrrr Ahhrrrr Aaaaaargh
After going to Apex, I was really interested in learning the mini games that people play. Yolo match, drunk smash, and smash tour (or smash run I forget the name) were some of the games I learned that people play at apex. I was curious, what other mini games in smash do people play? I think these games are a good break from the serious training and a good way to enjoy the game, but still keep it competitive.

- shout out to shears for breaking his controller in smash tour. Long live the destruction of DK!

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
After going to Apex, I was really interested in learning the mini games that people play. Yolo match, drunk smash, and smash tour (or smash run I forget the name) were some of the games I learned that people play at apex. I was curious, what other mini games in smash do people play? I think these games are a good break from the serious training and a good way to enjoy the game, but still keep it competitive.

- shout out to shears for breaking his controller in smash tour. Long live the destruction of DK!
EDIT

One Handed Smash

lol messed up srry

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master

DarkHorse really likes one handed smash and I know others enjoy that too. There is also 12cb which is a popular way of comparing talent across the entire cast.

Annex

Smash Ace
There's 2v1s where the 1 player has to take just 1 stock off of either of the teamed players to win. Good for practicing team combos as one of the teamed players and gimps as the lone player
Similarly, there's VIP matches, which are just normal 2v2s with 5 stocks but one team member is the vip and the game ends once they lose just one stock whereas the non-vip teammates can keep respawning

LAS | Wookiee

Smash Uurr Ahhrr Uhrrrr Ahhrrrr Aaaaaargh
Haven't heard of this one before. What is it?
Its a super fun game that bark sanchez, dark horse, and shears showed me. There are four players, 1 stock, random pick on stages. Everyone starts as luigi, and the winner of that match advances to the next character (mario). Then if you win as mario you advance to DK and so on. So the objective is to be the first person to go through each row and eventually win as the final character, jigglypuff.

The Star King

Smash Hero
DarkHorse really likes one handed smash and I know others enjoy that too. There is also 12cb which is a popular way of comparing talent across the entire cast.
12 character battle is the main game

everything else is a mini game

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Its a super fun game that bark sanchez, dark horse, and shears showed me. There are four players, 1 stock, random pick on stages. Everyone starts as luigi, and the winner of that match advances to the next character (mario). Then if you win as mario you advance to DK and so on. So the objective is to be the first person to go through each row and eventually win as the final character, jigglypuff.
That sounds extremely fun!

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
I think a mix between a 12cb and smash race is good. You pick random characters for the first game but you have to win with each character like in smash race. So if you beat my kirby with your falcon, you move to a new character but I have to keep playing kirby until I win. I think melee players call this iron man.

I like it because you can't just beat everyone's low tiers with your pikachu like in 12cb. But of course there are reasons that 12cb is better too.

Studstill

Smash Ace
I don`t think anyone on the planet can beat me and Darkhorse; everyone using just one hand.
By the way, there was some confusion, true one-handed play involves playing and holding the contoller with one hand and no assistance.

caneut

Smash Ace
my favorite game is sides, hyrule with specific item set, you cannot cross your side "marked by the middle platform" and using fox is a good idea. although other chars are good like mario and pika so prox mines dont **** your base up

sman865

Smash Apprentice
"Boss battle": I think @kyletree and @Egg MOde came up with it?

3 or 4 people, 1 vs. 2/3

start the team of 2/3 at handicap 1 (hard for the team), and move it up by 1 if they lose (making it easier) until you beat the boss, that is, the person without the handicap.

Variant: You could reverse it to go from easy -> hard, but idk where a good starting handicap would be.

Team attack: depends on what you want to do...I have no preference personally.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Here's another fun one if you have a gameshark. 1 vs 2 (I guess you could do 3 as well). Team attack on. Normal damage and all that, no items.

You play on the Race to the Finish map under a set amount of time. The goal is for the one person to make it to the finish while the other two try to stop them. If you win easily with a top tier runner (Fox, CF, Pika) then you can play DK or Luigi for more of a challenge.

I've found that it's equally fun on both teams. As a runner, getting ahead of the defenders and then being chased through the bumpers is about as intense as smash gets. As a defender, there's nothing better than getting the runner to a high enough percent that you can backthow them all the way up to a previous floor, bouncing them off the walls like pinball. And being a defender has some of the elements of teams as well with communication and team spacing.

Lastly, if you find it's really hard for the runner to win, turn the easy DI cheat on

Codes for lazy:
Race to the finish in VS mode (800A4D09 000F)
Easy DI (8018C0E1 0046)

Last edited:
Top Bottom