• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash is the hardest game there is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
It's really ****ing annoying when Fosho acts like we havn't proved him wrong.. Serious.. Reasons why Smash is NOT harder/better out weighs Smash being better.. BY FAR.. He's really like.. Not even reading what we're saying, he just goes and post his ignorance all over the place.. His dad said "May the flow of dumb, be with you". And that was the last thing he heard in his entire life..

wordman

Smash Apprentice
Stop the flood of stupid. Are the mods asleep today?
I'm waiting on them. Fo sho seems to have ignored a lot of good post that explain why they are against it being the hardest. indepth post too. But it needs to be cloed because he obviously has A.D.D

pdk

Smash Lord
You are 100% right and this is exactly what I mean. People call me ignorant and yet....they are just as ignorant as me. SMASH IS THE HARDEST GAME PEOPLE ITS JUST LOGIC. THINK OUTSIDE OF YOUR STUPID LITTLE BOXES.
buddy, you and many others here appear to be in a little box that almost seems to woship DI,and before you say you're not in the box, you just quoted a post that was about nothing else as "100% right"; i can't even count how many posts like that there are in this thread alone, yet none of them has even attempted to address anything else and just seem to go straight for this one thing almost religiously then tack on "so that's why there's more mindgames" at the end

i've still yet to see anyone address how:
1) equivalents to DI and shieldgrabbing (quite a few out there)
2) high-low mixup
3) varying attack strengths where different strengths of the same attack actually act different (i.e. not just more/less damage, think more along the lines of two versions of samus' missile but a lot more common and applied in many other ways as well)
4) corner traps and escaping them (ledges are fairly similar but quite a few chars like falcon are almost mechanical in their approaches to getting back on and free 1-hit kills on the ledge happen all the time because of this)
5) resource management with supers and god knows how many other different meters that are out there (yes, games these days use that bar for more than just the supers a lot of people in here love to hate)
and a whole bunch of other stuff are simplistic compared to everyone's favorite example of smash depth

and here it comes, "yeah well... mvc2 has infinites!"

Rocky

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
ROCK#450
LMAO. haha. that was beast.

lol at big rick.

Your right brookman.

And this topic should be closed.
You're only insisting for this thread to be closed because you don't want to get embarrassed anymore.;)

Rocky

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
ROCK#450

I AM JUSTICE!!!
Mods aren't here, let's have fun! /sarcasm

Yeah I wouldn't recommend spamming a thread with images because mods are bound to come in here...

EDIT: Wordman you just ruined the ending for me. Put some spoiler tags or something on that crap...

wordman

Smash Apprentice
Mods aren't here, let's have fun! /sarcasm

Yeah I wouldn't recommend spamming a thread with images because mods are bound to come in here...

EDIT: Wordman you just ruined the ending for me. Put some spoiler tags or something on that crap...
its a suck anime anyhow. Watch Berserk, Bleach, Hajime No Ippo, Fist of the North Star and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure you will be satisfied. I'm here to ruin everyone's day. I dont like sundays.

Kenshiro for Brawl.:laugh:

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
**** YOU YOU ****ING ******* IF I EVER SEE YOU I AM GOING TO CHOP YOUR ****ING NUTS OFF

In all seriousness, you should probably not spoil the anime...
Holy ****.. Light dies? I thought he meant L.. Oh ****.. LIGHT DIES! He really did ruin it for everyone.. What a ****ing *******..

Rocky

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
ROCK#450
its a suck anime anyhow. Watch Berserk, Bleach, Hajime No Ippo, Fist of the North Star and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure you will be satisfied. I'm here to ruin everyone's day. I dont like sundays.

Kenshiro for Brawl.:laugh:
Bleach has fillers wtf?

I barely started watching Hajime no Ippo today and I'll probably get into JoJo but I'm not sure about FotNS and Berserk...

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
LMAO OHH ****... this thread has gone to hell, and i am enjoying this **** so much. Ohh and to the justice guy, fantastic post *applauds*. God ****, this is a new side of SWF for me.

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
Yeah.. KA-Master was hella pro.. At being defeated on every post he made.. He tried to argue, but then he just got contradictory on the subject he's defending.. Perfect Hero out debated him by far..

xEnvYx

Smash Cadet
i've still yet to see anyone address how:
1) equivalents to DI and shieldgrabbing (quite a few out there)
2) high-low mixup
3) varying attack strengths where different strengths of the same attack actually act different (i.e. not just more/less damage, think more along the lines of two versions of samus' missile but a lot more common and applied in many other ways as well)
4) corner traps and escaping them (ledges are fairly similar but quite a few chars like falcon are almost mechanical in their approaches to getting back on and free 1-hit kills on the ledge happen all the time because of this)
5) resource management with supers and god knows how many other different meters that are out there (yes, games these days use that bar for more than just the supers a lot of people in here love to hate)
and a whole bunch of other stuff are simplistic compared to everyone's favorite example of smash depth

and here it comes, "yeah well... mvc2 has infinites!"
1 - Bursts can be used as a subsitute for DI. Only smash has shieldgrabbing. Unless you count other throws such as tick-throws and kara-throws.
2 - Only 2d fighting games have high-low mixup
3 - Only 2d games have different attack strengths which is EXTREMELY important.
4 - Only 2d games have corner traps, also i dont think you can even compare ledges to corners because some characters whole strategy is to get you to a corner. (necro anyone?)
5 - supers and other bars brings out a whole other level of mindgames that smash cant do. I guarentee that you approach your oponent more cousiously and think more about your approaches when you see he has a super or any other meter full.

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
Wow.

I just wanted to stick to my 1st thought because I wanted to practice debating and see if I can win an argument which was obviously wrong and one-sided..

After a few pages it kinda came to me that I was ignorant, wasn't open minded enough, and was wrong. But it was pretty entertaining. Seriously does anyone here have any intelligence to realize I was either

1)13 years of age
2)Made this thread for an alternate purpose.

Looks like I'm not that good at debating. Or maybe I am. I had little evidence to back anything so of course I was going to lose, it doesn't make me a bad debater because I don't even think a good one could have convinced you guys, ****.

I had some good points though but they were must have been over shadowed by my "scrubbiness" and some of you made some really good points and really bad ones.

I can't believe how fast it turned into a flame war, people need to learn how to be chill and talk about things like mature people, not like mad men. Good Stuff to those that held there own throughout the whole thread.

pdk

Smash Lord
LMAO OHH ****... this thread has gone to hell, and i am enjoying this **** so much. Ohh and to the justice guy, fantastic post *applauds*. God ****, this is a new side of SWF for me.
backwoods message boards are where everyone goes for a good search into the soul...

Rocky

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
ROCK#450
Wow.

I just wanted to stick to my 1st thought because I wanted to practice debating and see if I can win an argument which was obviously wrong and one-sided..

After a few pages it kinda came to me that I was ignorant, wasn't open minded enough, and was wrong. But it was pretty entertaining. Seriously does anyone here have any intelligence to realize I was either

1)13 years of age

Looks like I'm not that good at debating. Or maybe I am. I had little evidence to back anything so of course I was going to lose, it doesn't make me a bad debater because I don't even think a good one could have convinced you guys, ****.

I had some good points though but they were must have been over shadowed by my "scrubbiness" and some of you made some really good points and really bad ones.

I can't believe how fast it turned into a flame war, people need to learn how to be chill and talk about things like mature people, not like mad men. Good Stuff to those that held there own throughout the whole thread.
Now you're going to pass it off as debate practice? I knew this would happen eventually...

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Sorry for killing this thread guys...:urg:

But yea, the moral of the story would be to try and learn new stuff out in order to have a clear, unbiased view of things.

And Super Smash Bros. Melee is just awesome, best fighter ever?

Haha depends of your tastes... Super Turbo will always be the king for me.

KazeNoFat

Smash Cadet
Wow.

1)13 years of age

*cough* NEW WAY TO EDIT YOUR POSTS! DO A BLATANT APOLOGY TO PROS WITH YOUR SCRUBBINESS! EEEeeeeeep...

Edit: I'll chose numbers 1 and 2 on that one.. and here's a tip.. Use "EDIT:" When you edit.. Edit spamming son ova..

Perfect Hero

Smash Apprentice
It is the fact that you repeated what was on Page 1 in page 21 that got me.

Edit: Anyone up for some ST matches online tommorow?

My kaillera/mame question needs to be answered!

BigRick

Smash Master
Ok guys, don't hit sum1 when he's down...

OTGing is cheap LOL

EDIT: Would LOVE to but my CPU can't run much stuff nowadays... I need a new vid card. Tried Akatsuki-Blitzkampf but I can't even complete a round without seeing my cpu freezing. Same goes for Big Bang Beat.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Wow.

1)13 years of age

NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pdk

Smash Lord
1 - Bursts can be used as a subsitute for DI. Only smash has shieldgrabbing. Unless you count other throws such as tick-throws and kara-throws.
4 - Only 2d games have corner traps, also i dont think you can even compare ledges to corners because some characters whole strategy is to get you to a corner. (necro anyone?)
5 - supers and other bars brings out a whole other level of mindgames that smash cant do. I guarentee that you approach your oponent more cousiously and think more about your approaches when you see he has a super or any other meter full.
by the "equivalents to shieldgrabbing" thing i'm refering to ways to counterattack straight from blocking, quite a few games also have stuff like this (alpha countering and such)

anyway, thanks either way man

Perfect Hero

Smash Apprentice
Uh. End it please.

Wait. I want my mame/kaillera question answered before this thread closes!

Edit:
Get Melty Blood. I heard it runs good on crappy comps like mine.

2d fighters on mame! ! ! ftw!

xEnvYx

Smash Cadet
uhm...hold our own? Your the one who got all childish and said "NONE OF YOU CAN CHANGE MY MINE!". You brought out a bunch of points that were easily countered with better points. Your not a very good debater and you'll never be a good debater untill.

1) You stop flip flopping everything you say.
2) You make sure that everytime you tell someone not to make a baseless comment you dont do so yourself.
3) Remain calm instead of saying "YOU CAN CHANGE MY MIND CUZ IM TEH ROXORZ"
4) Actually listen to what people are saying. People are bringing out good arguments on why 2d fighters are more complex and 10 min. later your like "HOW COME NOONE IS TELLING ME WHY 2D FIGHTERS ARE HARDER?"
5) Actually state your opinion instead of shoving baseless facts that noone cares about. People want to listen to an opinion, not a hardheaded person with an elitest attitude.
6) Stop claiming you know things that you obviously dont. ("I KNOW THE INS AND OUTS OF MVC2")

good day sir.

BigRick

Smash Master
I knew you would think I did and your wrong. lol. Seriously?

The majority has made me come to the conclusion that GG is the most technical/hardest fighting game to learn. Does anyone debate that?
Hmm well I said that it was the hardest 2d fighter I've ever played.

I've got very little exp in 3d fighters... so VF might be a contender.

And if you take a look at EVO... the 2 smallest tourneys with the most JPN players ****** in it are GGXX and VF5, hmm I wonder why?

Aesir

Smash Master
True

Smash does as well. I think this is pretty obvious too.

Smash has different attack strengths, but its more chara specific.

the object of smash is to get them off the stage, so unless i'm missing something important what?

This is true however when you're at high percents the chances of you approaching isn't very high.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Debating isn't about being ignorantly biased towards whatever point of view you feel is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom