• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Boston, MA! It's the summer so if you're hosting advertise here! Update 6/12

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
Attendance for this wk please :D,
Also there might or might not be a tourney thing going down...

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
I should be there. Unsure about next week though

NES announcement, copy and pasted from the email:

Hey NES members,

We'll be switching things up again tomorrow by going to 130 Hurtig @ 8 p.m. (that's the chemistry building behind Curry). Rumor has it that some BU hoodlums are going to be up in our grill so you're all allowed to pack heat this week.

Aiight,
Edward Nunez
nes@neu.edu

It's close by the building we went to before, but if you have a hard time finding it, give me a call or text at 508-330-1455, or call Edward (Beans) at 1 978 289 7529. He knows where it is, call him first.

Map
http://www.northeastern.edu/campusmap/map/qad5.html

The building we were at before is numbered 50. This time it will happen at 46.

Who knows, double elimination mini-tournament this time?

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
the tourney starts round 4ish but come at 3 to get through registry and stuff. The location should be on the main page and if you get lost 339-223-2895 is my # and also look for an azn wearing gray plaid shirt.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
It is at bu central, not exactly sure if there is a tournament cuz the club who wanted to host it never got back to us. I'll leave it to Seek as he'd be TOing the tourney if there is one. Normally we have 2-3 brawl setups and 1 melee setup, although if no melee players show up we'd be all brawl.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I suggest you change that date, that is when Anime Boston is happening, you'll lose alot of ppl (including me) to it if you host it then.

Communisthunter

Smash Cadet
True. We can't really do the week before, rooms are booked up and i think there's a framingham tourney. Same with the week after, and then NU's semester is over and i go home for a while. I think we'll do this one, and maybe have another in late may, as it'll be pretty easy to get rooms over the summer.

Communisthunter

Smash Cadet
We gotta wait 3 weeks to "officially" be allowed to handle money...

But, i'm here for most of the summer, and it'll be really easy to get rooms. We can decide on a weekend in may/june and we'll do another one.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
lol for some reason I read may/june as marijuana, then i got disappointed. But I'll be here over the summer, I'll prob be able to go to one then.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Today's NES will have a number of changes. First, the time. It begins at 7 PM. Next, location. It's happening at the Snell building basement. To get there from Curry, you go out the automatic doors that are farthest away from the ATMs at the bottom floor. It's a short walk until you reach the Snell building. There are doors close by to the main doors, go in and go down the stairs, and walk straight until you find room number 31.

http://www.northeastern.edu/campusmap/map/qad5.html

Curry is building 50. Snell is 59.

xFats

Smash Apprentice
lol i haven't really been to northeastern since high school. >_>
I suggest a date change on that tourney where i see my friends.

it'll drastically increase attendance, try for early may or earlier june lol

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
seeing as how no one replied I'm gonna assume no one coming...
I'll be at central but I won't have anything >.>

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll bring my wii and we'll just use the big scrn.

I'm gonna head out and setup now so come.

Calvin says something about a midterm so he may or maynot show.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hi guys.

Is there another fest taking place on the 15th? If so, what time does it start?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
There will be a smashfest every Friday unless otherwise stated in this thread. They usually start at 3, ends at 7, more info in OP.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
There will be a smashfest every Friday unless otherwise stated in this thread. They usually start at 3, ends at 7, more info in OP.
Good to know, thanks! This is a far drive for me so I'm curious to know if anyone nearby would be able to provide housing that evening. If so, I could drive them to the Saturday event Dazwa is hosting.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Just a heads up, BU Central will be closing by 6 today because of a concert, if you are coming come on time to get the most out of the smashfest!

JOE!

Smash Hero
*asking here since to my knowledge the other thread is gone*

Does that Framingham smash thing still go on on tuesdays?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I have no idea, never being to GU on Tuesdays, try asking Vigilance, i think he's running it. But I'd temper your expectation as they've complained here once about lacking attendees.

Top Bottom