• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Hell, For Glory Hell, Ban Land Needs to be Noticed

Should there even be a report system?

• Total voters

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
I've used tags to carry on brief conversations requesting my opponent use their top characters, among other things. They have some valid use, even if their most frequent use is to remind you that Smash 4 needs a 'hit opponent in face with a hammer in real life' button.
Me too, but I'd rather sacrifice that if it means no more trolling.
I feel trolling is much more common than tags like "GG" or "main?"

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Me too, but I'd rather sacrifice that if it means no more trolling.
I feel trolling is much more common than tags like "GG" or "main?"
The thing about trolling is that if you understand it is just trolling you can just laugh it off and forget about it. Even if they were being serious, they usually say that kind of stuff because they are slaty that they are losing.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
I've used tags to carry on brief conversations requesting my opponent use their top characters, among other things. They have some valid use, even if their most frequent use is to remind you that Smash 4 needs a 'hit opponent in face with a hammer in real life' button.
I can see the use, but if Nintendo and players are going to cry and moan over the miniscule length of communication that we have in this game, I rather have tags off than having a "report system".

Btw still banned.

Last edited:

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
Is "Banland" really a term used in the game when getting banned?
No, we just give it a name so everyone can be familiar with the topic and make it revelant to anyone who has been having the same problem. The game doesn't even tell you that you were banned.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
The thing about trolling is that if you understand it is just trolling you can just laugh it off and forget about it. Even if they were being serious, they usually say that kind of stuff because they are slaty that they are losing.
See, people are so damn weak now and days where they can't ignore a couple words and for some particular reason take everything to heart.

Like what happened to "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"?
Like, seriously. You were insulted? You'll live the next day.

Gawd forbid that people are insulting in a linear style of communication than actually people who get bullied both physically and mentally.

Gawd forbid someone getting upset for losing.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
You clearly made it that way on purpose, specially with the "without a reason" stated as if I'm a liar, which I don't tolerate.

Your approach was bit sour and that label I was given was totally unnecessary. You can give him or her clarification, but there is a much better way of doing it.

If you thought your post didn't have any offense then I think you really need to severely rethink your thought process.

You're a premium memeber, act like it.
Apology accepted.
Wintropy did absolutelynothing wrong at all and I am bemused at how you could have possibly justified responding like that all.

Also wtf does paying a membership fee have to do with behaviour

You sound like a massive prick and you probably deserve to be banned

I accept my infraction

fehector

Smash Cadet
Haha, this made mle laugh so hard.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
Wintropy did absolutelynothing wrong at all and I am bemused at how you could have possibly justified responding like that all.

I accept my infraction
I already apologized to him or her for my bad behavior, maybe your ignorance on the whole entire thread should soothing you more as I already replied to someone that brought up the same topic on this post.

Instead of typing angrily on the keyboard, including typos, you could actually read the whole thread.

Ignorance is a bliss.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
I meant like calling someone a Ngger or Fgget or a KillUrSelf tag, like really messed up and unacceptable stuff that belongs in the 1940s, not 2015.
I got called a WetBack once because my tag is Pollo.

I put those insults under the umbrella of trolling even though it may technically not be.
So I'll just clarify myself.

I'd rather we sacrifice tags if it meant getting rid of giving racists and homophobes a window to make other players' online experience worse, even they're just being salty.

Words are just words, yes, but c'mon. Just get rid of tags. They're useless. I know personalized control set ups are locked to tags, but that doesn't mean I have to see their tag.
And then Nintendo doesn't even check to see if reports are valid.
The whole set up is a joke.
They don't want people to have offensive tags but won't bother to check if someone actually had an offensive tag.

FallenHero

Smash Ace

I accept my infraction
He already apologized....

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
I actually did call nintendo and talked to a representative who told me some absolutely ******** things
Then I asked for a supervisor, at this point I decided to record the conversation

You can find the recording here http://www.kdnit.com/nintendo.mp3

I only play 3DS online so there's no way to get banned for inappropriate tags or offensive language

Last edited:

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
I actually did call nintendo and talked to a representative who told me some absolutely ******** things
Then I asked for a supervisor, at this point I decided to record the conversation

You can find the recording here http://www.kdnit.com/nintendo.mp3

I only play 3DS online so there's no way to get banned for inappropriate tags or offensive language
I didn't realize you recorded my phone call with Nintendo. Which one did you record, my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?

Seriously, screw Nintendo, but thank you for calling and thank you for recording it.
I don't think enough people are calling. Who knows. I hope I'm wrong.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Honestly until this thread I never knew it was that big of a problem. I've only been banned like 3-4 times for 10 min because I lost connection mid match. I really hope this gets fixed.

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
You do know a lot of the people who do that are doing that just for the purpose of pissing people like you off? Most them don't actually mean that. I agree they should be punished for saying offensive things like that, but it really isn't that big of a problem for people who don't get easily offended.
Yeah i think that's what the block button is for. reporting usually goes unoticed sometimes anyway at least when you block, you NEVER have to see that person again.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
You do know a lot of the people who do that are doing that just for the purpose of pissing people like you off? Most them don't actually mean that. I agree they should be punished for saying offensive things like that, but it really isn't that big of a problem for people who don't get easily offended.
While I usually just laugh it off at people that insult me online, I won't really tell people who are more sensitive than me to just ''man up'' because others can be free to insult whoever they want on a game where there's from 5 years old playing. A middle ground it's all we need.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
Honestly until this thread I never knew it was that big of a problem. I've only been banned like 3-4 times for 10 min because I lost connection mid match. I really hope this gets fixed.
It's been almost a month for me and this is my first ban. I know I could play mk8 or play splatoon, but those are just treats, I mainly bought the Wii U for smash, a childhood game that I could play since Halo Mcc was a disaster.

Melee was the second game that got me into gaming really, playing it throughout my child , with the side of Mario party and MKDD.

I really hate how they ruined this game. Most of the stages that were made within it are just bland, no depth, no inspiration, not like Brawl was, they took out story mode and replaced it with a mode that the name isn't even worth mentioning, and for some reason Nintendo has some strange fetish for 8 player smash.

I swear. The only thing that made it up for me was the game mechanics are even better, actual online care and support, DLC characters, but mainly there was online. Now that I'm banned, it's like basically a obsolete waste to me.

Been a Nintendo fan for years, bought the Wii U as it was struggling in sales and paid $80 towards this game and I get bitten by the same company I have been feeding for over a decade. Nintendo is honestly to far back for any of it's fans because they know how to ruin a good game.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
How long does it usually take to get unbanned when I'm not playing? And are you still banned?
A week.
I got unbanned about 8 days later.
I noticed it on a Saturday night and it wasn't until the next Sunday that it was back to normal.
This was like August 29th, so it's been a while. Haven't been banned again yet.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys, I'm still banned, its been almost 3 weeks now.
I also did research that once your put into this room, its alot easier to come back when you get out. So we need to have a voice on this because this is ridiculous.

So I decided to make a very detailed post on miiverse so that it can receive tons of feedback that way everyone would be aware and our voices could be heard. Right now, many people do not know about this, which is why I need your help, we need to get everybody on the same page.

Please go on miiverse either on the wii or other internet capable device and give my post a yeah and comment if you like. This needs to be Addressed to Nintendo.

NNID:Wolfenrb
The post to give a yeah should be obvious.
Link:https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHka7mbi7A
Oh sure, I'll help your cau-
You're a premium memeber, act like it.
Ooooon the other hand... :drwtf:

Vxsery

Smash Rookie
Does being banned also mean you can't join tourneys? I keep trying and I always get "Unable to join tourney." For Glory has also figuratively felt like hell recently too. 10s of minutes pass when waiting for opponents, and always getting matched with the same set of the saltiest of players (expressed through tags) I've met.

One of my opponents also put up a tag "We're Banned."

I am assuming I've been banned, but honestly don't understand why. How does someone actually report someone to start with?

Charu

Smash Cadet
Yep, sounds like you got a ticket in Smash Hell.

I recommend for you to stay off FG for 7-8 days, unless you want to risk extending the length of your ban. If you really need a fix, I say just do viewer battles on Twitch or use other mediums like Anthers or even here, heh.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Does being banned also mean you can't join tourneys? I keep trying and I always get "Unable to join tourney." For Glory has also figuratively felt like hell recently too. 10s of minutes pass when waiting for opponents, and always getting matched with the same set of the saltiest of players (expressed through tags) I've met.

One of my opponents also put up a tag "We're Banned."

I am assuming I've been banned, but honestly don't understand why. How does someone actually report someone to start with?
After a match, you can choose to report them by viewing their profile

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
Yep, sounds like you got a ticket in Smash Hell.

I recommend for you to stay off FG for 7-8 days, unless you want to risk extending the length of your ban. If you really need a fix, I say just do viewer battles on Twitch or use other mediums like Anthers or even here, heh.
Well something strange happened.
I was unbanned today even though I was still playing.
I'm pretty sure I am because I was able to join a regular tourney match, when you can never join one while being banned

Last edited:

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Well something strange happened.
I was unbanned todat even though I was still playing.
Im pretty sure I am because I was able to join a regular tourney match, when you never join one while being banned
I was able to join one while banned.

isaac guerrero

Smash Rookie
is this banning permanent
?

im new in this forum im baned from smash bros wiiu i just want to know if this is permanent or how long does it take, please don't tell me that this topic is already answered just tell me if its permanent or how long does it take

please

Last edited by a moderator:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
is this banning permanent
?

im new in this forum im baned from smash bros wiiu i just want to know if this is permanent or how long does it take, please don't tell me that this topic is already answered just tell me if its permanent or how long does it take

please
Being in Banland is not permanent and usually last a couple of days.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Being in Banland is not permanent and usually last a couple of days.
More like a week, to be precise IF you're not reported while being banned as that seems to extend the duration of the ban.

Man, how did Nintendo mess this online report system so bad.

Btw, people, I've been out of banland for a month and on my best behavior. I'm pretty sure I've been reported already by some (definitely blocked by some) and so far I haven't been back in banland, so I personally couldn't testify how easy it is for an ex-con to get sent back to banland. Some people reported going back in as quickly as 24 hours, so who knows what's real.

But I gotta say, before my first ban, female players were rare. Now they're like 1/4th of my matches. Considering how sexist the gaming community can be towards women, what with their demands for them to return to a kitchen to put together a sandwhich, I kinda wonder. Have I been banned again, but I've been placed in a much larger server, one where there are a lot of female players who have been reported due to beating salty 13 year olds who couldn't handle losing to a woman (and the women I have played are pretty good. Like, "I get nervous if I'm paired with a female player" type good). I know it's weird because I do play against a diverse range of people and haven't been paired with the same person twice and that's like the opposite of the banned experience, but still. Considering that some people's ban experiences has been being paired with only Japanese players and others spend over 20 minutes with 0 matches vs my own experience where I would find someone quickly, except they'd be the same 7 people, it seems like all our experiences are different.

So I'm thinking I may be banned in a larger server? Perhaps Nintendo does review reports and categorize players based on crime? Foul language here. Tea-baggers there?

Just spitballing here.

Last edited:

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
More like a week, to be precise IF you're not reported while being banned as that seems to extend the duration of the ban.

Man, how did Nintendo mess this online report system so bad.

Btw, people, I've been out of banland for a month and on my best behavior. I'm pretty sure I've been reported already by some (definitely blocked by some) and so far I haven't been back in banland, so I personally couldn't testify how easy it is for an ex-con to get sent back to banland. Some people reported going back in as quickly as 24 hours, so who knows what's real.

But I gotta say, before my first ban, female players were rare. Now they're like 1/4th of my matches. Considering how sexist the gaming community can be towards women, what with their demands for them to return to a kitchen to put together a sandwhich, I kinda wonder. Have I been banned again, but I've been placed in a much larger server, one where there are a lot of female players who have been reported due to beating salty 13 year olds who couldn't handle losing to a woman (and the women I have played are pretty good. Like, "I get nervous if I'm paired with a female player" type good). I know it's weird because I do play against a diverse range of people and haven't been paired with the same person twice and that's like the opposite of the banned experience, but still. Considering that some people's ban experiences has been being paired with only Japanese players and others spend over 20 minutes with 0 matches vs my own experience where I would find someone quickly, except they'd be the same 7 people, it seems like all our experiences are different.

So I'm thinking I may be banned in a larger server? Perhaps Nintendo does review reports and categorize players based on crime? Foul language here. Tea-baggers there?

Just spitballing here.
If they made such a thing, Nintendo is damn stupid for taking stuff too seriously. Why go through all this when you can remove one feature. Jezus.

I think I'm banned again. I didn't even do anything, made sure I behaved even though I didn't do anything to offend the community in the first place(Taunt parties being crashed is not a offense). And I haven't even really even screwed around with them as much as I did before.

I don't know why this crap is even here. Noone is going to be mentally harmed from the little amount of bull**** people could do in this game to insult others. "You were t-bagging after you killed me, that's a offense" or "You taunted after winning and your too aggressive". Like seriously , grow some balls . And another patch was released so you mean to tell me they didn't even ****ing bother to fix this ****ty system?
I know I sound really fustrated, but having to come home to this nonsense from school and work really irritates the hell out of me. Specially when I paid good money towards this game.

I think it's about that time we actually try to find out how to bypass this thing.

Last edited:

MulfordnSons

Smash Rookie
NNID
MulfordnSons
I got banned because a bottom skilled player didn't know how to DI out of Ryu's uptilt...I went straight in to the pregame lobby after our first game and he changed his name to, "URBANNED" purposefully lost 2 stocks to report me. Next day my friends and I got on to play 2v2 and couldn't find anyone, literally not a single person. Went into 1v1 and now everyone I play is very good and have very good connections and are LANed in...It's actually quite nice haha. However, instead of the outlier in FG being the, "noob" with "wifi connection" it's now a person who is literally out to troll you out of the lobby, by spamming moves with high priority and by stalling the game to force you to idle (which will keep you banned longer).
All those in "Smash Hell" or whatever we call it, If you play some dudes named Jeremy or MattC4, just leave before they force you to stay longer if you really want to leave.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
I got banned because a bottom skilled player didn't know how to DI out of Ryu's uptilt...I went straight in to the pregame lobby after our first game and he changed his name to, "URBANNED" purposefully lost 2 stocks to report me. Next day my friends and I got on to play 2v2 and couldn't find anyone, literally not a single person. Went into 1v1 and now everyone I play is very good and have very good connections and are LANed in...It's actually quite nice haha. However, instead of the outlier in FG being the, "noob" with "wifi connection" it's now a person who is literally out to troll you out of the lobby, by spamming moves with high priority and by stalling the game to force you to idle (which will keep you banned longer).
All those in "Smash Hell" or whatever we call it, If you play some dudes named Jeremy or MattC4, just leave before they force you to stay longer if you really want to leave.
I played a roy that got upset because I was warping in on him all over the place as pikachu attacking him from every angle, and didn't know what to do. I know he was salty because he taunted when he thought I was dead. One of the last people before the banned. I saw several others reporting me too from so much ass kicking that same week. All the good players get banned for being good.
This is so stupid, I dont want to just play FG 1 on 1.

And what upsets me even more is the fact the asshole that reported you even knows you would banned from just doing a false report. Nintendo, you ****ing assholes. Get your **** together. No report is even bothered to be reviewed.

I really hate buying broken games for a full price, MCC, BF4, Sim City and etc. Now Nintendo is even guilty of the same bull****. The company I always trust.

Btw do you have a reply of that match ?

Last edited:

MulfordnSons

Smash Rookie
NNID
MulfordnSons
I played a roy that got upset because I was warping in on him all over the place as pikachu attacking him from every angle, and didn't know what to do. I know he was salty because he taunted when he thought I was dead. One of the last people before the banned. I saw several others reporting me too from so much *** kicking that same week. All the good players get banned for being good.
This is so stupid, I dont want to just play FG 1 on 1.

And what upsets me even more is the fact the ******* that reported you even knows you would banned from just doing a false report. Nintendo, you ****ing ********. Get your **** together. No report is even bothered to be reviewed.

I really hate buying broken games for a full price, MCC, BF4, Sim City and etc. Now Nintendo is even guilty of the same bull****. The company I always trust.

Btw do you have a reply of that match ?
I did, until the last patch. All my replays are gone. Doesn't really matter though, I'm a broke college student who can't afford a decent capture card, let alone a computer. But yeah man, it's frustrating when you want to play 2v2 with some friends. However I will say it is nice playing good people somewhat consistently...the stupidly obvious thing that could make this all go away is literally implant a matchmaking system. However, Nintendo has shown time and time again that is dedicated to keeping it's, "family fun" reputation and as such I don't think they see Smash the same way the actual consumer majority of Smash 4 does. For now, all we can do is wait, and beat people politely...

The dichotomy between the Smash 4 competitive/even some who play the game "technically" and Nintendo is huge, so it will be interesting to see where game ends up solely based off that fact, forgetting all the other variables.

The game is designed to be played technically, and I must say it's quite ridiculous to get banned from everything but 1v1 just for playing the game technically when the other person wasn't.

creedthemind

Smash Rookie
This **** is so serious i even went and signed up for a forum which i NEVER do because no point in complaining bout **** right, but this is ****ing ridiculous. I get trolled in for fun 3v1, destroy the little ****ing pieces of trash because someone has to stand up to that garbage **** and i like the challenge, and then I get banned. Like this is the most horse **** i've ever encountered. The guy said it perfectly unlike brawl this one is more fight focused which ok i can deal with. Not exactly single player friendly but the best online experience. THEN THIS BS HAPPENS. Little ****boys being gay (excuse my language) on for fun and i get put into ban land. Like the online is the whole allure of this game and it's being ****ed by lil ****s. The worse part is im doing the only working option 1on1 and im still encountering lil ****boys who troll. and i jus played that Jeremy dude you mentioned earlier and he's extra trash spamming pk moves with lag and talking **** and quiting once he wins once after getting slapped. Like WTF. This the type of **** that make me not even want to play the ****ing game and it's one of top games of all time like argggghhhh sooo mad i created this account just to comment on this **** specifically. We need to petition send hate mail do something so that this next patch fixes that **** when we get cloud. Because i'm contemplating destroying this ****ing game as well as nintendo for being so damm incompetent on something so ****ing basic.

Top Bottom