• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash From The Grave! - September 7th, 2013 - Milano, Italy

linkez

Smash Cadet
Finally posted our event! This is a BRAWL main event + Melee side event (melee event currently isn't meant to be an international event, if you need info on that please send me a pm)

Main Event: Brawl

STAFF:

TO:
Cirno(me)
Sentenza

CO-TO / Assistance members to be decided if needed

WHEN: 7/8 September (7th september starting from 2 pm, 8th september starting from 9 am)

WHERE: Casa dei giochi UESM, Via Sant'Uguzzone, 8 (CAP), Milano, Italy

How to reach the place:

***NOTE: I can give you my phone number if you think it's necessary*** ---> PM ME IN CASE

From the airport you can take either a bus or a train to
MILANO CENTRALE OR MILANO PORTA GARIBALDI.
Once you reach the station, you must take the subway
(look for a sign with a white M and a red background if you're having troubles finding it)
And reach VILLA SAN GIOVANNI.
The venue is close to that station and you just have to reach via Sant'uguzzone, which is
the street where the venue is.

In case of trouble just phone/text me and I'll try to pick you up or give you further details from your location.

Brawl Entry Fee: 12 Euros
Melee Entry Fee: 8 Euros
Both: 15 Euros

How to sign in:

In order to sign in for this event you have to send an email to torneismashbros@gmail.com
and add details:

Title: Smash From The Grave!

Email sample:

Nickname:
Name:
Stuff you're bringing (if any, consoles, tvs etc):
Tournaments you're attending (Melee/Brawl/Both):
Other stuff/Questions
Declaration of understanding and respecting the rules.

Rules:
1) If you damage the Venue, you are responsible for that
2) You cannot bring food inside the venue, there is a bar in it so they won't allow that.
3) You cannot smoke inside the venue.
4) NO drinking alcoholics or smoking drugs during the event. That's STRICTLY forbidden.
5) If you're less than 18, I need an authorization from your parents to be at the event.

The maximum number of attendants is around 60

*Confirmed People*

Total (36) - Brawl (28) - Melee (14)

Sentenza - 7/8 - Brawl
Joker - 7/8 - Brawl
G - 7/8 - Brawl
Fenor - 7/8 - Brawl
Giygasish - 7/8 - Brawl
Gamug - 7/8 - Brawl
Gazel - 7/8 - Brawl
Gvullap - 7/8 - Brawl
Reaper - 8 - Brawl
Generalardj - 8 - Brawl
Relif - 7/8 - Brawl
Tjson - 7/8 - Brawl
Volk - 7/8 - Brawl
Heavy - 7/8 - Brawl
Hitsu - 8 - Brawl
Pippo - 7/8 - Brawl
BlueLink - 7/8 - Brawl
Spninx - 7/8 - Brawl
Jund - 7/8 - Brawl
Bluu Oni - 7/8 - Brawl
RingoStarr - 7/8 - Brawl
Darkie - 7/8 - Brawl/Melee
Vincent46 - 7/8 - Brawl/Melee
Ege - 7/8 - Brawl/Melee
Mirko - 7/8 - Brawl/Melee
Cirno - 7/8 - Brawl/Melee
Dege - 7/8 - Brawl/Melee
Loci - 7/8 - Brawl/Melee
Rael - 7/8 - Melee
Seretur - 7/8 - Melee
Dax - 7/8 - Melee
AvengerAngel - 7/8 - Melee
Overlord - 7/8 - Melee
Aldwyn - 7/8 - Melee
g_f - 7/8 - Melee
Suora ??

Interested:

Prydeless
Hoejja
Arctique
Rulf
Moe
Gantz

NOTE: The thread will be updated with any information that comes to my mind, please consider that you're not allowed to sleep in the venue, so you need to find a hostel, cause this time we're having a hard time for housing.

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately he's gonna attend another tourny in his home town cuz he wont be able to travel in that period.
:(( sad story, would have been great to see him again since NST7.

Other question then : wtf you, Italian people have two tournies in the same date but I never heard about your community and such, why don't you travel a bit ? xD (for MST series in Marseille for example) I actually didn't know there was an active community in Italia

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
:(( sad story, would have been great to see him again since NST7.

Other question then : wtf you, Italian people have two tournies in the same date but I never heard about your community and such, why don't you travel a bit ? xD (for MST series in Marseille for example) I actually didn't know there was an active community in Italia

Well, it's complicated...the "active community" isn't that large, most of the tourny participants here are total noobs, and the few "pros" are just decent smashers.

In the recent years we kept the competitive scene barely alive thanks to tournaments sponsored by a couple of associations.

We stepped in and started to manage the situation.

That ment that we had prizes, the competitive rules, free entry, but only a couple of hours to start AND finish the tournament (some of them with 50 attendees, and trust me noobs matches take may longer than competitive ones).

We tried to organize "regular" community tournaments a couple of times but with dim results from the leftover competitive community (we used to have something like 40 active players), so we just stuck with the sponsored formula.

Honestly we don't travel a lot to other EU tournys cause most of us can't afford it or simply do not have the time!

After a couple of years we started to get sick of the sponsored events, and tried to bring back community competitions, but it was harder than it looked.

You see, venues here are overly expensive and often they refuse to let people sleep in (the usual Italian player doens't want to go over 15 euros for a tourny), so i tried to get Brawl into "new" gaming associations but got rejected cause "Brawl is old" (even though it attracts a minimum of 30 players everytime).

Word kept going between this companies that we were looking for hosts but they often refused to talk seriuosly with us or to let us thought to the guys on top.

I eventually met an editor of IGN Italy who gave me contacts and valid information on who to speak with and things started to kick off.

Cirno also found the venue we're gonna use, it's a great place for events like this and is really cheap!

We had to create a "blog web site", new boards, new video channels, new everything but now we are finally looking at a bright Smash future in Italy if everything goes well (i can't tell you all about it but believe me it's big if it goes down).

I just hope all my hard work and free time will be worth it.

And that's the end of our tale!

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Thx for all this explanation,

Marseille-Milan isn't that expansive by plane atm, I'm gonna post on the East/South of France forum right now and we'll try to support your event :) also, what about the rules and the cashprize repartition ?

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
Thx for all this explanation,

Marseille-Milan isn't that expansive by plane atm, I'm gonna post on the East/South of France forum right now and we'll try to support your event :) also, what about the rules and the cashprize repartition ?
That's really kind of you, thanks.

For (Italian) legal reasons i can't officially talk about cash prizes, i'll explain in private.

Feel free to add me on skype: sentenza_55

linkez

Smash Cadet
My main problem is: i don't take flights =/ I went at LSC, had a great time.

Please notice that Skull_kid = Sentenza.

Guys let me tell you, the venue is really cool in my opinion, onsider that it is like a game room, with trading card games, miniature games, chess and so on =)
only "bad" side except for sleeping is that we'll have a smaller room for saturday, and a bigger room for sunday.
This means that it could be necessary to take some people out of the main room to breathe a bit during the event, nothing too tragic because as I said, the place is interesting and we'll do our best to take people with us and have a good time around =)

We also have an internet connection, but I was told it's not really reliable, so we'll test and try to stream the event. if it will result laggy, i will record it and then upload it.
You can find a previous stream here (we're planning to improve even about streaming events so don't be too rude xD)
http://www.twitch.tv/cirnothebaka/profile

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
guys I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo sad, I can't come to this one because of some problems with my job, I really wanted to come. I hope there will be another one for me to come

linkez

Smash Cadet
Leon: I am counting on the fact you will come to another tournament.

Luigi Player: my fault i forgot such an important info!
MILANO MALPENSA Is the best airport

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Hi there ! just to say, we're a couple of frenchies (including Hoejja and Myself) interested in coming. The point is this week end we're 9 frenchies going to NST8 in Barcelona and we will only be able to really think about coming after this tournament (it's all about car purpose 'cause we won't be able to afford train/plane at this time)
So far thus, short recap of players interested in coming :
- Hoejja
- Moe
- Rulf
- Arctique
- Prydeless

linkez

Smash Cadet
Ok prydeless! i will write the nicks in the interested part :)
please let me know if you can confirm :)

ty slhoka!
i am not leading melee comunity atm sadly, since i am following brawl atm.
We do tournaments and stuff but we never made them international.
Also, we are not that good atm sadly, but I am putting in some work to help everyone.

Sentenza just told me that "milano Linate" and "Orio al serio" are good airports too, cause it has its bus to reach milano porta Garibaldi or milano Centrale

Paul McCartney

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that my best friend was around here so i've decided to join the tournament . Greetings from liverpool ..!

linkez

Smash Cadet
Well please from *abbey road reach the airport,
buy a *ticket to ride,
even if money *can't buy me love,
join the tournament, *let it be.
I'm pretty sure that about any difficulties *we can work it out,
this is an invite *from me to you.
Once you'll arrive we'll say *hello, goodbye comes only after the event.

*P.S. I love you

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
Well please from *abbey road reach the airport,
buy a *ticket to ride,
even if money *can't buy me love,
join the tournament, *let it be.
I'm pretty sure that about any difficulties *we can work it out,
this is an invite *from me to you.
Once you'll arrive we'll say *hello, goodbye comes only after the event.

*P.S. I love you

Engrish at it's finest.

<3

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Gantz, Hoejja, Arctique, Rulf and mysefl are finally confirmed ! I gonna book the hostel this afternoon and then, we'll send the email =) Hyped :D

Top Bottom