• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Entertainment: Super Nebulous 3, DrømmeLAN, and Chokaigi

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Welcome to another edition of Smash Entertainment, the article to help you satisfy that craving for Smash content by sifting through the streams of Smash to find the most exciting tournaments to watch each weekend. It's been a while since our last Smash Entertainment but we're very excited to bring this series back. So here is some of the best events to be watching this weekend in Smash!

Super Nebulous 3

This New York Melee tournament definately sports everything it takes to be an exciting tournament to watch this weekend! Featuring some great players as well including Cactuar, Hax, Lucky, Zhu, S2J, KirbyKaze, Nintendude, Dj Nintendo, QERB, Green Ranger, Jeapie, n0ne, and more there will also be special events like Zhu vs The Falcons and the finals of the East Coast Melee Games. The stream will be taking place on http://twitch.tv/sigmelee.

Stream Schedule

-- Saturday --
TMG Schedule:
10AM (recording setup): SBU vs Philly
11AM (rec): Rutgers vs Upstate
11AM (prim): MidATL vs NE
12PM (prim): TS Finals
1PM (prim): TS vs ontario
2PM (prim): TS/Ontario vs NE/MidATL
10PM: TMG Spring Championship!

-- Sunday --
12:00 PM: singles R2 pools
3:00 PM: doubles top 8
5:00 PM: Zhu vs The Falcons
7:00 PM: singles top 32 final bracket​

DrømmeLAN

DrømmeLAN (Dream-LAN) is an annual LAN that takes place right outside of Oslo, Norway that brings out some of the best Melee talent in Europe including Armada, Leffen, VDogg, Fuzzyness, Android, Dev, MISTRRLOVE, Kikkoman, BrTalrog, Imperfect, Howie, Bose, Don Krool, and Zoler. This year the tournament includes Melee, Smash 4, and a special PM Allstar Tournament which should be entertaining to watch. The stream will be providied by GeekyGoonSquad at http://twitch.tv/geekygoonsquad. With a 580€ pot bonus, it will be thrilling to see who takes home victory!

Chokaigi 2015

It was announced for Apex 2015 that the final two teams in the Wii U 2v2 Tournament would get a free trip to Japan for exhibition matches at the Chokaigi convention. The company known as Dwango provided hotel and airfare accommodations for the four players Mew2King, Zero, MJG, and Cyve who will be facing Daiki, Fsann, Shadow, and Luminous from Japan. VGBootCamp will be providing the English stream for the event which will begin at 9:00pm PST on both Friday and Saturday, so be sure to check it out!

---​
So choose a stream, maybe fire up multitwitch, and satisfy your need for Smash with the coolest events around! If there are events that should be featured in next week's Smash Entertainment mention them in the comments below or Tweet them out to @SmashCapps.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
if anyone calls these names silly remember we have tourneys like APEX and EVO that are probably strange names for foreigners lol.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
Yo Final Smash Attack though. That's a crazy huge NY invitational SSB4 event this Sunday on the teamsp00ky stream.

Last edited:

create314

Smash Rookie
The Japanese tournament is standard FG rules, Bo1 for singles and 2 minute timed matches with items on, Bo3 for doubles, with a set stagelist (Battlefield, Boxing Ring, FD) for doubles. GFs for singles will be Bo3 though.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
The Japanese tournament is standard FG rules, Bo1 for singles and 2 minute timed matches with items on, Bo3 for doubles, with a set stagelist (Battlefield, Boxing Ring, FD) for doubles. GFs for singles will be Bo3 though.
lol i was goin to watch that but now..i think i'll pass

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
How is Northwest Majors not on this list? PewPewU vs Silent Wolf and Chip vs SFAT are two of my dream matchups that might happen this week. And MacD, Bladewise, etc...lots of WC powerhouses. It's the biggest WC event of the week.

Beardbot

Smash Cadet
NNID
BeardbotOreo
3DS FC
3351-4066-5194
GET HYPE AROUND FOR NWM! We need more wii u setups with monitors! See the facebook page for more details!

nyricanjr

Smash Rookie
I just got home from Super Nebs. It was my first time going to any kind of tournament ever. It was really cool to see all the faces I see on the twitch streams irl (wizzrobe, raynex, nintendude [my friend says I look like him. at one point in the stream we were both on screen so judge for yourselves], TKO, Lucky, n0ne, and matdotzeb were some of those I recognized).
I actually one more games than I expected, 6 out of 3000000 (more like 6 out of 40, but for a new player with no pvp experience, I'd wager that's pretty good). Also, I never really knew how big of a difference CRTs made for gameplay until now. It's huge.
tl; dr first day of super nebs was ****ing awesome

Top Bottom