• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash E3 Presentation Recap!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My life will be complete if they add Young Link.
That's all I'm hoping for now, honestly. Seeing Doc, Mewtwo and now Roy gives me hope that Young Link will make his appearence in the future (possibly as a result for the return of all veterans or something).

In any case, I hope Young Link becomes playable too. Even if he isn't any different, I'll still buy him because my greatest Melee memories reside with him.

And how could you say no to this? Come on now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Already downloaded all fightrers! they are great! I like the other stuff we didn't know about as well.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Poor Yoshi. 14 new artworks and he hasn't appeared in even 1

Sad Yoshi2.jpg

He's the only one of the original 8 characters to not be in any.

Maybe next time?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Nintendo. You know that we all love you. And I say this in love:

FIX YOUR ****! Get more then two servers for your eShop, speed up your download times, and put more space on your console.

Andromear

Smash Cadet
You could just wait till tommorow. There will probaly be less people trying to buy DLC tommorow, and it's not going away or anything.:4feroy::4ryu:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Why is Capcom doing this, don't they realize this will just make a bigger problem towards the fighting game community. Sure they'll make money, but Street Fighter 5 will make you more and keep their respect from the fighting game community.

No need to put their carriers at stake for a game like this. Now that it's true, hope they reconsider this monstrosity and make it a beta version only and when the release is there that he won't show up.

This is stupid I don't know where to begin, for starters Street Fighter DESPISES Smash the game and yet bringing Ryu in this will fix this problem, nope this will only keep the flame going, another stupid decision by Capcom. Well at least both companies have one thing in common, both companies make horrible hideous decisions as shown here. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mr.ケイ

Smash Apprentice
Ryu Definitely looks like he was designed to be a top tier character with that combo potential...let's see if that's the case.

Gero Zeal

Smash Cadet
I had a hypeiac arrest watching the livestream... well I got back from church and then watched it but my goodness!
Ryu has to be the most intricate fighter in Smash so far! Sakurai you amazing man you!

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
I don't have money on my 3DS so i cant get the fighters! I don`t care about the stages or costumes, i want the fighters, and i don`t have anything! :cry::cry::cry:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Amen. Hot damn Nintendo, get your **** together. If there's too many people in the damn server than don't even let me in the eshop at all. Kick some people who sit idle.
I believe the eShop server does kick people out who sit idle for too long.

I would actually suggest buying everything individually rather than selecting several different items for one package (that is, unless you want the cheaper bundle; I personally didn't go for it because I'm not a big fan of the Mii Fighter costumes). The server can process individual purchases better, and I was able to get all the characters this way.

Abaasy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Abaasy
Apparently Ryu is the king of combos. He better have more combos than the ultimate Sheik Fair -> Fair -> Fair -> Fair combo. Roy's our boy though. T3H PH1R3

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I believe the eShop server does kick people out who sit idle for too long.

I would actually suggest buying everything individually rather than selecting several different items for one package (that is, unless you want the cheaper bundle; I personally didn't go for it because I'm not a big fan of the Mii Fighter costumes). The server can process individual purchases better, and I was able to get all the characters this way.
Well, I already bought them, finally, and now I'm waiting for the update to finish installing....another hour of my life wasted, and I have to go to work in less than fifteen minutes.

XPyromanicX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eazy5Flash
3DS FC
0344-9812-7584
Dang, this just made me realize how little money I have in my Eshop account. I can only afford N64 Dreamland.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
On the brightest side, we can add N64 Dreamland in the stage selection for the ruleset.

Last edited:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Roy, Lucas, and Ryu!? Dream Land 64!? I. Must. Buy. Them.

*pulls out empty wallet* Oh...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All of my friggin hype! :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
While I really enjoyed the Direct, I wonder if we'll get NEW characters at some point (besides :4ryu:).
And if they'll aim to get every single character in the history of SSB, including: :pichumelee::younglinkmelee::wolf::squirtle::ivysaur::snake::popo:(solo, or as a duo but 8-bit form?).

It'd be sort of a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I want new blood in the game, but since they brought back :4feroy:.. why the heck not?

The Mii outfits were awesome. My favorite ones are Zero, EXE, Akira (low poly FTW), Jacky, Heihachi, and Splatoon. (I guess that makes all of them sans Animal Crossing).

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
If you did it that way, you'd be given download codes, which would "still" require you to access the eShop to use them (or in Smash 3DS's case, the in-game shop, as DLC can't be downloaded at the 3DS eShop). Either way you look at it, you're going to have issues.
Nintendo has a thing where you can redeem eshop codes on a computer.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Reminder that I was the first guy on Smashboards to show off the new Mii skins when everything was leaked. :^)

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
And no Ganondorf update using his sword.

Screw you, Sakurai and friends.

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
I may get some hate for this, but I feel that content wise with the inclusion of Roy, Mewtwo, Dreamland 64, and Hyrule Castle 64 in sm4sh, there's not much of a reason to keep playing Project M.

If you like PM over sm4sh, more power to you :)

I just feel again content wise that since Roy and Mewtwo along with two significant smash 64 stages (that see use in competitive smash) are now in smash 4, people who had been playing PM just to play as Mewtwo or Roy and so they can play on Dreamland 64 or Hyrule Castle may no longer feel a need to boot up PM if the above was their sole reason to do so.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Heh. That surprise Ryu announcement got me to pick this game up again. Finally an incredible combo character. Gonna get behind this.

Top Bottom