• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Chains

HugS™

Smash Lord
Smash Chains is a new thing that has been discussed at local smashfests.

A Smash Chain is kind of like a smasher's horoscope and family chain combined. It describes what kind of smasher you are, and what line of smashers you are a part of. Think of the people in your smash chain as your direct descendants, a group that you represent as a player.
I'll list some chains now.

Each Chain is named not after the best player within the chain, but the player who represents the traits of the chain the most.

(I didn't include brawl players in any of these chains because some of the traits of the chain cannot be applied to Brawl)

The Ken Chain

This chain is made up of players who are naturally good. Their talents make them forces right from the beginning, and keep them as strong contenders for years to come. They either know little about the intricacies of the game or they simply choose to never speak of it. They rarely every improve much beyond their original level, but they don't really need to. They are naturals at the game.

Distinguishing Characteristic:
They throw a LOT of random s*** out there and call it a strategy. "Three forward smashes in a row azen? Really?"

Players Include:
Ken
Azen
Isai
Romeo
Tavo7
S2j

The PC Chain

This chain is made up of players that are decently natural at the game, but continuously improve to levels far beyond the rest. They DO know about the game, they don't play dumb like they don't know what they're doing. They don't just keep up with the metagame, they help create it.

D*** size never exceeds 4 inches (Except joey)

Players include:
PC Chris
Mango
Forward
Korean DJ
Lucky

The Tafokintz Chain

Now we get to the funnier chains. We start with the Tafokintz chain. For those of you who don't know Tafokintz, he's a player from UCLA. This chain represents those players who, like Tafokintz, are SO F***ING BAD that they're good. They're smart, otherwise they'd see no success. However, these players have certainly tested their opponents' patience on several occasions with some ******** no sense strategy. It's harder to find the "bad" in the more successful players of this chain, but trust me, they're REALLY bad. So bad that they're kinda good.

These players tend to take great pride in playing like dumbs***s. Just listen to larry next time he tries to talk about his style.

Players include:
Tafokintz
Drephen
HugS
Chu Dat
HungryBox
Larry Lurrr
MacD
Maple
Champ

The Silent Wolf Chain

This chain of smashers is for all the dumba** technical players out there. This chain belongs to those players who rush you quick without any regard for their own safety. They only know 1 direction...forward. They're certainly good, and they're not completely stupid. Their high risk strategy does take them places, but sometimes not.

Blowing 3 stock leads like nobody's business.

Players include:
Silent Wolf
Lovage
Sfat
Dashizwiz
Lambchops
Lunin
Ihavespaceballs

The Fabian Chain

This chain is home to those smashers who spent over 3 years playing this game but have yet to make any kind of improvement. These players are the epitome of hopelessness. These are the homies. You kick it with them, you eat with them, you smash with them, you DAM SURE rip on them, but they simply CANNOT improve. Great competition is a must for the players in this chain, since a complete lack of potential can only be proven amongst a great amount of skilled competition. And trust me, these guys have NO potential.

Distinguishing Characterstic:
They try to compensate for their lack of singles skills by pretending to be good in teams. Also, these players are really fond of leaning in real close when they speak to you, like they have no sense of private space.

Players include:
Fabian
Dunskies
PB&J
EznJay
E40
Jkun
Blitz

(I'd include norcal but I'd worry about offending some of you in this category, you know who you all are :))

The Kira Chain

There's a fine line separating the Kira chain from the Fabian chain. This chain is made up of players who spent about 2 years being absolutely terrible at this game, before finally becoming great. These are the late bloomers of smash, and thank god they bloomed. Otherwise they'd be in the Fabian chain.

They tend to forget real quick how absolutely abysmal they once were. For example, read Kira's first post below...
loool. **** i got my own chain. wouldn't say it's entirely true but it's still pretty funny
Players include:
Kira
Evil Nemesis (luigi)
Neighborhood P
Connor
Atlus
Phil
G$

If you don't see yourself in any of these chains, chances are we haven't thought of one that fits you yet.

Last edited:

HugS™

Smash Lord
Took me 10 minutes *****. And nothing constructive can be done at 4:00 am. lol

Kira-

Smash Champion
loool. **** i got my own chain. wouldn't say it's entirely true but it's still pretty funny

EDIT - LOL that is not what i meant you ****ers, i meant the whole post in it's entirety isn't completely accurate, not just the fact that i used to be bad lol [end edit]

i'd say lunin is NOT high risk or aggressive, he definitely takes his time and "mindgames" a lot more i believe.

Also why is larry in the tafokintz chain? lol @ drephen/hbox/macd

HugS™

Smash Lord
You've never heard Romeo after losing to larry?

"If you were actually good, I'd **** the **** out of you"

Larry is terrible dude. He starts his dairs from the top of the screen everytime. I've never once seen him short hop either. He could quite possibly be the worst player of all time. LOL

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I enjoyed reading this a lot. The Kira chain ***** and has the coolest people (especially Phil and Atlus) :)

The Tafokints chain should definitely be changed to the MacD chain!

@Kira: go to sleep!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol Hugs this is Awesome! and rofl and pbnj! so ****ing true.

I miss Tavo :(

don't ask why I'm in here, I was bored and I stumbled on this thread lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
pretty interesting, even though i'd undoubtedly fall into the ****ty *** fabian chain

although i don't really understand what makes them "chains"; wouldn't that imply that you derived the defining characteristic from some other player in the group instead of coincidentally developing the same way

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Yeah, at first I thought you wanted to make like a smash family tree of who introduced who or who taught who the most or something like that...

good **** though

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Make a marthpwnzer chain: The smashers that once tried to be liked by the community as well as improve, but time showed that neither of those things were possible for them.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
im in the fabian chain... for now

soon to be in the kira chain, am i right guys?
yo brian, lets play a lot from now on, since i have a car and ****.

lets do it. we'll both get HELLAS good and *****s gunna be like wut?

i don't know if i've played long enough to be in fabian chain

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
im offended
ima drop everything in my life and attend tournys now and dedicate my life to this game
...naw
but if i do attend a smashfest/tourny ima rock a real fabian chain maybe it'll be a spinner chain ****s gonna be bigger than flava flaves clock

p.s. Hugo you almost lost to JTB LOL there should be a chain for that

MarthPwnzer-

Smash Apprentice
Make a sherigami chain:
Little kid who trys hard. Outside of smash people think hes gay, and strange. They also think fake fedora hats are cool, but in reality they are ****ing hella ugly as ****.

Hop off kid.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Make a sherigami chain:
Little kid who trys hard. Outside of smash people think hes gay, and strange. They also think fake fedora hats are cool, but in reality they are ****ing hella ugly as ****.

Hop off kid.
Lol lil ***** you always say the same **** every time you try to "troll" me. But then again I can see where the part of you that wants to be accepted comes from. Your dad doesn't love you, your mom practically hates you and both your brother and sister would be a million times happier if you didn't exist. It's alright, I forgive you.
And I never liked you either, and you don't have any friends.
/QQ

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL @ above posts!

**** MarthPwnzer! you gonna take that? xD

I need to visit here more often. This place is just as awesome as Atlantic south =D

Sup C0nn0r :)

Kira-

Smash Champion
Distinguishing Characterstic:
They try to compensate for their lack of singles skills by pretending to be good in teams. Also, these players are really fond of leaning in real close when they speak to you, like they have no sense of private space.
Ahahahahah so true

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
it clearly took him 55 minutes or less to "make up".

u mad?

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Cool story bro, take you all night to make up?
Aww trying to dance around the subject? Can't face the fact that nobody in your family loves you? I've seen a lot of your family's mechanics and I can clearly tell that you're the family garbage can. Everyone just throws their **** at you and you take it like you're their *****. I wonder how many times you've cried yourself to sleep.

Top Bottom