• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Carolina Mk. 2 - There's a Snake in My Boot! (Melee, P:M, & UMVC3) Greenville, SC - Jan 11th

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Sup everyone! Upstate SC is back again with more Melee/P:M Goodness!

Come out to 1Up Video Games on Saturday, January 11th and show some stuff in SSBM, Project M, and UMVC3!​
3398 Anderson Rd, Greenville SC 29611​
If anyone has any questions, call me at 615 713 7817​
Entry Fees
Venue Fee - $5​
Project M/Melee Singles/UMVC3 - $5​
Project M/Melee Teams - $10 Per Team​
Side Events – $1​
Prize Payout is 60/30/10​
Side Events is Winner Takes All​
Schedule
12:00pm – Doors open/Signups Begin​
1:00pm – Melee and Project M Teams Begin​
2:00pm – Melee Singles and UMVC3 Begin​
4:00pm – Project M Singles Begin​
6:00 – Project M Turbo Singles Begin​
8:00 - Venue Closes​

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER
Melee Ruleset
Four (4) Stocks​
Eight (8) Minute Time Limit​
All sets are best 2 out of 3, except finals are 3 out of 5​
Items are set to Off and None​
Pausing is turned off​
In the event of a timeout, the winner is decided by stock, then percentage. If both players are at the same percentage when the time ends, the match will be replayed with One (1) stock on the same stage with the same characters.​
The same stage may not be played twice in one set unless agreed upon by both players.​
Set Procedure
Players may flip a coin to decide who strikes a stage first. Each player will strike a Starter Stage in this order: 1-2-1.​
After the first match, the winner will ban One (1) stage. The loser will then select a stage from legal stagelist that has not been played on. The winner then may change their character, and then the loser can change their character after the winner has selected theirs. Repeat until set is finished.​
Stagelist
Starter Stages – Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Island, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64​
Counterpick Stage - Pokemon Stadium​
Project M Ruleset
Four (4) Stocks​
Eight (8) Minute Time Limit​
All sets are best 2 out of 3, except finals are 3 out of 5​
Items are set to Off and None​
Pausing is turned off​
In the event of a timeout, the winner is decided by stock, then percentage. If both players are at the same percentage when the time ends, the match will be replayed with One (1) stock on the same stage with the same characters.​
The same stage may not be played twice in one set unless agreed upon by both players.​
Set Procedure
Players may flip a coin to decide who strikes a stage first. Each player will strike a Starter Stage in this order: 1-2-2-1.​
After the first match, the winner will ban Two (2) stages. The loser will then select a stage from legal stagelist that has not been played on. The winner then may change their character, and then the loser can change their character after the winner has selected theirs. Repeat until set is finished.​
Stagelist
Starter Stages – Yoshi’s Story, Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium 2​
Counterpick Stages - Dracula’s Castle, SSE Jungle (Doubles Only), Yoshi’s Island, Space Armada, Warioware, Green Hill Zone​

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Saturday, January 11th​
Just to let you know, the thread title says "Jan 4th", which disagrees with the content and the Facebook posts. Should be updated for clarity.

That said, I'm planning on coming to this... which will make this my first SC tournament, and my first Melee tournament in >5 years. Crazy excited for this and to meet the rest of the SC crowd. I'll bring a Gamecube + Melee for this (I can also bring a 32" CRT TV if necessary, but that's a bit harder). Unfortunately, my Wii has a freezing issue, so I won't have a setup for P:M

I will need doubles partners for both Melee and P:M. I won't mind if that's the same person or different people... Just hit me up, I'm open to teaming with practically anybody.

Also a couple rule questions:
-can you update the Melee stagelist for doubles? FoD seems wrong.
-I'm assuming we're using P:M 3.0?

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
My bad! I'll update the date now.

If anyone has questions, feel free to contact me at 615-713-7817.

To clarify, the tournament is ON THE 11TH!

graymansnel

Smash Cadet
Hopefully I can beat Bear and his wicked Sheik, Ive gotten pretty good at L-Canceling and Wavedash/landings.

Also I dropped Toon Link, to easy to exploit me with.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Hopefully I can beat Bear and his wicked Sheik, Ive gotten pretty good at L-Canceling and Wavedash/landings.

Too easy to exploit you with? What?

Edit: Also when it says P:M Singles and Melee singles and stuff, that means $5 for an entry to P:M singles and $5 more for melee too, correct?

graymansnel

Smash Cadet
Too easy to exploit you with? What?

Edit: Also when it says P:M Singles and Melee singles and stuff, that means $5 for an entry to P:M singles and $5 more for melee too, correct?

I tend to repeat the same techs alot, and over all just spam bombs and dairs.

And to answer your question, Yes it does.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Yooo this sounds awesome! Hope I get a chance to come! I'll be acquainted with Player -0 if I do.

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
Some friends of mine and I are planning on coming to this, it'll be our first tournament.

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
I am bringing my Wii, Mote, ThunderBird, and GC just in case, you never know how many people want to play at once.

That is if PMBR releases a <2GB card fix. They said they would, but its like three weeks behind.
Alright. Ill bring melee and 3.0 just in case. Tvs (2) as well

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
Just to let you know, the thread title says "Jan 4th", which disagrees with the content and the Facebook posts. Should be updated for clarity.

That said, I'm planning on coming to this... which will make this my first SC tournament, and my first Melee tournament in >5 years. Crazy excited for this and to meet the rest of the SC crowd. I'll bring a Gamecube + Melee for this (I can also bring a 32" CRT TV if necessary, but that's a bit harder). Unfortunately, my Wii has a freezing issue, so I won't have a setup for P:M

I will need doubles partners for both Melee and P:M. I won't mind if that's the same person or different people... Just hit me up, I'm open to teaming with practically anybody.

Also a couple rule questions:
-can you update the Melee stagelist for doubles? FoD seems wrong.
-I'm assuming we're using P:M 3.0?
Ill run doubles with you for melee and pm. If youre down with that.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Ill run doubles with you for melee and pm. If youre down with that.
Ah Thanks.

Actually, it looks like I'm teaming with Anthony for PM and Tommy for Melee at the moment (no idea what their names are on smashboards), but I'll definitely be looking for an alt if either of them doesn't show or if anything falls through, etc.

Last edited:

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
Ah Thanks.

Actually, it looks like I'm teaming with Anthony for PM and Tommy for Melee at the moment (no idea what their names are on smashboards), but I'll definitely be looking for an alt if either of them don't show or if anything falls through, etc.
Sounds good

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Planning on coming to this... Maybe.... Will be my first tournament if I do! (depending if I go to a S@X weekly up in Maryland).
Where do you live? Around the Maryland area?

Just use yo Tink and play smart. Works for my Tink and hes only my third lol

Awwww yes, that's only 5 miles away from where I'm at for break. I'll definitely be there.
Yo, you livin a lil close to me breh, we should play PM together, on the daily.

Some friends of mine and I are planning on coming to this, it'll be our first tournament.
I like that avatar you got up, I think you and I, I think we can become friends, real GOOD friends.

I'm definitely gonna try to attend this, it'll be my first tournament. Hopefully I don't get ***** too bad lol
You gonna ***** something fierce :D

Just for clarification,
Is wobbling legal??
At all of the other SC events, it was legal. The last big event had a vote, but to be honest, let the people have as many crutches as they need.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Where do you live? Around the Maryland area?

Just use yo Tink and play smart. Works for my Tink and hes only my third lol

Yo, you livin a lil close to me breh, we should play PM together, on the daily.

I like that avatar you got up, I think you and I, I think we can become friends, real GOOD friends.

You gonna ***** something fierce :D

At all of the other SC events, it was legal. The last big event had a vote, but to be honest, let the people have as many crutches as they need.
I live in Simpsonville, was on vacation.
You're sound pretty creepy in some of these posts lol

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
The bond of 3Star Mako Avatar is unbreakable, man.

Also, for the double things, I'll likely double with one of the folks I'm arriving with. We play together all the time though, and I'm always up for trying something new. If anybody is willing to play with a /really/ mediocre Ganondorf, anyways.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I live in Simpsonville, was on vacation.
You're sound pretty creepy in some of these posts lol
:troll:
but wao I live right in simpsonville myself! If you're going to be going to s@x, lemme know. I'd love ot car pool up there.

Also, for the double things, I'll likely double with one of the folks I'm arriving with. We play together all the time though, and I'm always up for trying something new. If anybody is willing to play with a /really/ mediocre Ganondorf, anyways.
#3starlyfe
I might try doubles
I'll be free lance~
Olimar/Mario/Tink is what I play.

woundedust

Smash Apprentice

Im more than willing to team with you. Just dont suck lol

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
I've been practicing a lot, but trying to get into the competitive scene ardently only started a month or two ago. Not sure how i'll handle the atmosphere either, and the only tv's I have on hand at the moment are LCD. Hopefully playing on a CRT won't be too big of a difference. Regardless of whether I double with anybody here, looking forward to seeing and playing you guys. I'll likely be relatively bad, considering this.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I've been practicing a lot, but trying to get into the competitive scene ardently only started a month or two ago. Not sure how i'll handle the atmosphere either, and the only tv's I have on hand at the moment are LCD. Hopefully playing on a CRT won't be too big of a difference. Regardless of whether I double with anybody here, looking forward to seeing and playing you guys. I'll likely be relatively bad, considering this.
I recommend, not even playing on your tv the day before or the day of. Works for me and I play on HD tvs

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
Its actually not an awful difference. It is noticeable, yea. But you should make the adjustment in 5-10 minutes of play

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So are CRT's the laggier ones?

Not sure what my TV's are.
HDtvs have 5 frames of lag. CRT are the ones with 0 lag. If you play on one or the other a lot, when switching, you will immediately notice a difference.

Top Bottom