• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers tournament Aug 20th!! Columbus Ohio! Cash Payout!

sorry battlecow i didnt realize i was gonna be forced to move into my new place yesterday.

how about if we ever meet up at a tournament we do a $200 MM instead? i heard you were looking pretty free with that scrub falcon. i wont even go kirby on you, i'm not that sadistic. :yeahboi:

Battlecow

Play to Win
LOL

$5 MM is a friendly

Tried to weegee ditto him

I whomped him in tourney and then my protégé tossed his sorry *** out of loser's. He got, what, 7th place or something?

Yeah yeah gio if you ever show to a tournament, ya big flake. You talk big, but imaginary MM's aren't my style. IF we ever meet at a tourney, how 'bout we talk money then? 'Cause I have a feeling you're just blowing hot air, LIKE ALWAYS.

Damn hipster.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yawn

Won that tourney

You flaked

Don't see how you still think you have a right to talk ****

Also I'm just about the most handsome mother****er on earth. Don't be jealous, hipster scum.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
lol, $15 venue fee, best of 1 sets, winner take all payout... how on earth do people run these kinds of tourneys and still get a turnout >_>

Battlecow

Play to Win
The delay was what got me. But I don't see anyone else sponsoring Midwest 64 tourneys with any kind of payout at all, so hey.

Gamers2pro

Smash Cadet
lol, $15 venue fee, best of 1 sets, winner take all payout... how on earth do people run these kinds of tourneys and still get a turnout >_>
15$ venue fee?? Read the post correctly, it was 15$ for ur first game and 10$ IF u wanted to play in another and 5$ IF you wanted to play in the third.

Keep complaining and you will not see anymore tournaments from us for Smash Bros. I would of LOVEE for you to complain about this in front of my face. But you were probably one of guys that talk **** and dont show up....smh..shut up!! The guys yesterday had a blast and so did we !! TY NOS!!!!

Gamers2pro

Smash Cadet
The delay was what got me. But I don't see anyone else sponsoring Midwest 64 tourneys with any kind of payout at all, so hey.
Emm what delay? The delay of the traffic coming in?? and we decided to DELAY the tournament abit so people could come in play, because we knew people were stuck in traffic?? And you still got out of there at 5ish?? LOL I love how u guys don't bring up these issues and decide cry about them on the boards instead of in person. Yay we are going run another one of these for u guys LOL...Not after I see these responses.

Gamers2pro

Smash Cadet
Melee was alright except pay out.

:phone:

LOL $300 payout isn't good enough for 1st place for a old game??? AND we made sure it was on the CRT setups? LOL Ya , you guys can forget us ever running another one of these...wow amazing cuz almost everyone I spoke with was happy and said they had a great time.. but yet when u get on the boards ur some kinda of super hero LOL...iight guys we wont be seeing u guys again sorry.

Battlecow

Play to Win
"Delay" as in the five frames of delay that 64 players had to deal with because your local "pros" (LOLOLOLOL) told you that LCD's were fine to run 64 on, despite repeated assurances from everyone that this was not the case.

I definitely did bring that up in person, BTW. I was shrugged off.

And frankly, I wouldn't come to another one of these if you did host it. Your hearts might be in the right places, but you have no idea of how to run a smash tourney.

Gamers2pro

Smash Cadet
"Delay" as in the five frames of delay that 64 players had to deal with because your local "pros" (LOLOLOLOL) told you that LCD's were fine to run 64 on.

And frankly, I wouldn't come to another one of these if you did host it. Your heart might be in the right place, but you have no idea of how to run a smash tourney.
DUDE we told we were running the 64 tournament on LCD from the JUMP..it was u that decided to come LOL...You think we are missing something running a tournament for this old game?? LOL NOTTT!! I love how u talk **** now and not in person..But u won??? and ur still complaining like a chick?? shut uppp no one cares.

Gamers2pro

Smash Cadet
"Delay" as in the five frames of delay that 64 players had to deal with because your local "pros" (LOLOLOLOL) told you that LCD's were fine to run 64 on, despite repeated assurances from everyone that this was not the case.

And frankly, I wouldn't come to another one of these if you did host it. Your hearts might be in the right places, but you have no idea of how to run a smash tourney.
Ya we don't know how to run a SSB tournament when we started at 1ish and you got out at 5ish with 32 there and we ran it on two other systems.. LOL SMH..shut upp

Battlecow

Play to Win
Nice edit lol.

Also, don't get so mad. You tried your best; it wasn't good enough. 4-stock 1-offs on LCD TV's are not good enough for good players to play as tourney matches. Please do stop hosting smash tournaments. You made a tidy profit off of this one, so I don't know why you're complaining.

Also, yes, we got out quick. You made sure we got out quickly, because you wanted to take our cash and then continue to do business uninterrupted. We'd rather have stayed longer and played reasonable sets.

Gamers2pro

Smash Cadet
Nice edit lol.

Also, don't get so mad. You tried your best; it wasn't good enough. 4-stock 1-offs on LCD TV's are not good enough for good players to play as tourney matches. Please do stop hosting smash tournaments. You made a tidy profit off of this one, so I dont know why you're complaining.
hahaha u think we did?? Not me ******, do not try bring up something when you don't know any facts little kid. Oh no worries we won't be ...and you can continue to play ur games at home in ur panties with ZERO dollars in ur pocket LOL...

Lata gators!

Battlecow

Play to Win
$15 a player, minus $10 for the two $5 discounts you gave out for people who brought games.

14 entrants (I think? Might've been 12)

That's $200 for 64, plus whatever NOS gave you, minus whatever you paid for pizza (not much). You paid out $100 to first and nothing to second and third. So pardon me for pointing out that you ran this tournament ****tily.

Also, way to imply that I've wasted my life on this game or something. I do this for fun. You work at a ****ing Play n' Trade. You make, what, $10 an hour? And I'm the loser? Get a life, man.

To Matt and the other rather nice people who were involved in this tourney (and who won't read this)- I realize that this rude little son of a ***** doesn't speak for you. The tourney had problems, and I wouldn't attend a second one, but you did try to run it, and I thank you for the effort.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Everyone knew tope was gonna Win.
Taki wasnt in the right state to contend it seemed. But Smash tourneys pay out top 3 at least.
They have for ever. So it was dumb when 2nd got 0

Wow so much hate. I had fun man. We all did. Dont let this ****** ruin a good thing. Let him cry. He's the most annoying person I've ever met in the smash community

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
@gamers2pro - a few idiots don't speak for the rest of us, please don't let them ruin a good thing.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I thought it was a pretty sweet shindig. Thanks for being awesome hosts and having the free grub!!

It was nice to play all you new and old smashers. I can't remember the ICs kid's name, but your Nana is a beast

Melee for life!!!!!!

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I thought the tourney was fun. 15 paid for entry to Brawl, free energy drinks, and free pizza.
The only real drawback for Brawl was the fact the setups didn't have all the characters unlocked and the bracket had an error but we all played through it and didn't complain..... and people say the Brawl community are whiny..... :embarrass:

The cash payouts were posted beforehand, so why are people complaining about it? This is when the *community* aspect of smash should take effect. The top 3 in Brawl all got money because we split some of the winnings.
(Not Unity Ruleset: Don't card me, bro!!!!!!)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
If people want a more solid tournament run in terms of a ruleset, then a more diplomatic approach could have been taken to show the host how the Smash community typically runs our tournaments, instead of complaining about it on the boards later on and pissing the man off.

But at the same time, the host could also be more patient instead of just blowing up like that.

It's these silly kinds of things that prevent our community from making deals with people/companies who could really bring our scene some life/hype/revenue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts: The Midwest is either much too passive, or much too nitpicky about a lot of stupid little things (rulesets, MK, etc.), it's really starting to annoy me. I'm jealous of Y.b.M. and Infern moving down to Texas if they decide to get into their Smash scene. They're all so close, active, and hype down there. I don't remember the last time I had as much fun playing the game (and other games as well, like Mario Party 2) with a bunch of Smashers while feeling like I was improving by leaps and bounds. There's just something...different about them, whether it's the passion for the game, the hype at their tournaments, I just don't know...but it's ****ing awesome. This place is as dried up and dreary as its farm fields. /rant

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
the venue and free food made it one of the best tourneys ive ever been too
the hate is making it lame
and i think Carroll said the "the pay out was lame"
because it said there was a 300 dollar pay out
it didn't say that 2nd and 3rd get nothing
so people that like to play this game for money
thought that they had a chance of wining second or third
because we all know how good tope is

if it is ran like how we request in the future
(besides what battlecow wants )
i think it would be an amazing place to play

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
We only say these things now so that next time the tourny will be amazing. Don't get hung up on anything you guys ran a great tourney for your first time. I was expecting it to be alot worse tbh. But if you keep throwing em, Pittsburgh will keep coming:)

Sincerely dj nicholas rage

Achilles1515

Smash Master
All in all, the tourney was definitely a lot of fun. I really want to thank everybody from PA for coming out - without you guys this tourney would have been slightly boring and much more uneventful. You guys were good too so that made it even better. The free drinks and food was also a nice plus and all the workers were very patient. A few things that I believe would make the tournament better next time: more setups, more space, and more time to play friendlies. Only having four setups (two of which were brought by entrants [1 by me] i believe) for melee was sort of limiting and it would have been nice to have them closer together also. I realize space was limited in the first place because we were at a play n trade but the whole time I just wanted to push those shelves on wheels throughtout the middle of the store out of the way to make everyone less crunched. Probably the best part of the tournament was afterwards when everyone was playing friendlies against each other and talking and getting to know one another. But why did we get kicked out so early? I know they still have a business to run but we just gave them a bunch of money....I didnt see anything wrong with letting us hang for a couple more hours and have a good time. Its not like we were scaring customers away or anything.

Oh and money for 2nd and 3rd place ;)

Anyways, thanks again. Looking forward to the next one!

Booker

Smash Rookie
Hey so I dont really know if this is the right place, but while i was there, I let someone borrow a black first party gamecube controller that was in pretty good condition(i forget his name). I didnt realize this untill i got back home, but he returned a controller that had severely frayed wires and a nearly broken joystick. I guess if anyone had a controller that was in bad shape and now has one of the same color(black) that is in good shape, it might be mine. i guess i dont really know what i'm hoping for...

Battlecow

Play to Win
Says the idiot.
>_____>

I'm really not an idiot. It was a poorly run tournament, you know it, and, frankly, I'm kind of disappointed that just because a bunch of its flaws favored you (Winner-take-all payout, only Melee gets to play without delay) you're being a **** to me in such an obvious, puerile way.

Whatever. I suppose it's too much to ask that someone have both skills and character.

after i whip your dumb*** in our MM i'm gonna tell you to bend over and slap you across the face with my behemoth **** :yeahboi:

but you might enjoy that.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Just stop. God you are a whiney little *****. I've ever seen some on who won 100 dollars cry about it so much.
No one likes you. You made an *** of yourself on here and at the tourney.

K, I obviously am actually disliked here (not for any legitimate reasons, and only by like three people, all of whom are a little crazy, but I digress) so I'll go, but before I do-

1. The tourney was poorly run. This is inarguable. I had to play one-offs in five frames of delay. Go to the previous pages of this thread and you'll see melee players (including yourself, lol) talking about how unreasonable said delay is- they didn't have to play in it, but whatever.

2. My attitude the entire time has been one of "Meh, it was badly run, but no one else is running any so what the hey." My past posts will corroborate this.

3. I didn't start being rude to anyone until after whoever this Gamers2pro guy is started insulting me in totally unprofessional and unreasonable ways

4. You are, in fact, the whiny little *****. You showed up at the tourney yelling inane catchphrases in your annoying, squeaky little voice. In all seriousness, I could characterize your IRL behavior with the phrase "f*ggot hur dur dur YA HATE TA SEE THAT HAPPEN." I can't tell you how frustrating it is to me that this conversation might be read by someone who hasn't met you in person to see what a massive **** you are.

Ugh, all this pathetic drama is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth. Bottom line: I did have a good time at the tourney, and I look forward to playing all the cool people I met there (Vudujin, Ahmad, John, etc.) again, hopefully under slightly better playing conditions.

Also, Gio, are you being serious? I know I was joking with the trash-talk in this thread, and when we had a serious discussion in the 64 social, you seemed like a cool guy- could you stop talking about whacking me with ****s?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Loooooool battlecow your sooooooooo good.
My favorite quote from that day about you was "wow who let this kid outta the basement."
No one likes you. I'm sure everyone can agree. And yeah I yell at tourneys obnoxiously. I'm joking. YOU on the other hand claimed to be some god at 64. The fact that vudu beat you in that MM proves that you not really anything special. Vudu plays MAYBE once a year..

Unsubsribing.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol Carroll. I'm not that good at 64, and I never (seriously) claimed to be. If all my 64 skills were transferred to melee, I wouldn't have placed top 5 in the melee tourney. But yes, I can beat casual players like most of the ones at that tourney; Vudu beat me in a MM because I tried to weegee ditto him as a joke.

And seriously dude, insulting my skill? You entered 64 and got 3-stocked by the guy who did like 30% damage to me in our entire match. Go back to the Brawl general, dude.

And your favorite quote from that tourney was said by you. I assumed at the time that you were joking, because everyone was trash-talking jokingly at that point, but apparently you lack even the basic social skills necessary to understand situations like that.

Lol battlecow can't handle a taste of his own medicine. And I've talked to people about your skills battlecow, that's why I'm willing to do a money match for basically any amount with you :yeahboi:

Top Bottom