• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers Atari

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Okay, this is what you should've done with your other thread. You actually post some previews.

Good to see some previews. And lol @ ET and Superman.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Yeah, I could see it if you guys were being pro and actually limiting yourselves to the hardware requirements of the system, or actually making a game for the system(Check out Super 3D Portals 6). All I see being made are games that try to mimic the graphical style of the system, while not attempting to bring anything new game play wise to the table.

Id get more excited about an extremely well made set of mario 1 or mario 3 levels before I get excited about any of these.
If you start a project that can be finished in 1-3, or 4 weeks (your words) then why not wait?

The only thing we can give you feeback on is your title screen (oh wait, thats a mockup), your character screen, and a demo of pac-man moving back and forth and jumping on a flat platform...what feedback did you want?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
NES-styled music on a system that has no triangle waves? Doing the things that Dantarion mentioned? Diagonal pixels!?

Eat a delicious, nutritious pony.

I bet you have no idea how the GBA or Atari 2600 systems even work.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Don't be so harsh, he hasn't done anything that should make you post in such an idiotic way. You should go kill yourself.
Well this isn't his ONLY thread. :/ Though I realise I was a little harsh. Thus, I have toned down the post considerably.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I'm beginning to notice the pattern of old-smash games, I see the progress, although I have no idea why you start TWO projects at the same time. Also the fact that you gave us a screenie of pacman moving about doesn't really give much justice to how you'll be making the game.

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,I'm gonna upload a Video of the Pitfall Harry Test soon.

Anybody know where I can get Atari Mario Bros. Sprites?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
You could just run the game on an atari emulator and rip the sprites yourself!
I don't think theres anymore than...maybe...4 or 5?

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
You could just run the game on an atari emulator and rip the sprites yourself!
I don't think theres anymore than...maybe...4 or 5?
How do I rip the Sprites?When I take screenshots and take away the background(Not really ripping)Mario looks blury.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
How do I rip the Sprites?When I take screenshots and take away the background(Not really ripping)Mario looks blury.
There should be a disable Filtering/ Smoothing somewhere there.
Though you can simply replicate the sprites in MS Paint honestly, it's just Atari sprites

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
Update!The New Forums had it's Grand Opening Today!Join Now!Plus we are promoting for 4 more admins.

Top Bottom