• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Superguide

toon_link47

Smash Rookie
Hi. I'm relatively new to the forums and joined to see if I could get help for the guide I'm writing. It's a guide that I plan on posting on sites like gamefaqs, game radar, etc. Anyway, I'm creating this guide to help with EVERYTHING. Events, challenges, secret characters, trophies, stages, move list, etc. I can't do that on my own and was wondering if you guys could help. I'm starting with the character movesets. Please post any help you can.

-toon_link47

toon_link47

Smash Rookie
Yeah, but this is a guide for like gamefaqs and I am using Dojo. I've written almost everything there down already.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
...everything?!

Before I give my suggestions, I want to know how long you expect this to take.

For starters, I recommend looking at the Dojo and especially Smashwiki (probably one of the best and most constantly updated for general information), as well as checking for constant updates.

I recommend that you emulate the SSBM "Official Everything Thread" written by Uncle Kenny: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97603. Enough people would be happy with that.

It would be inefficient to put everything into one guide: There are a LOT of pages in all those guides.

Character Specific would be very painful to accomplish, for example.

Do not forget that since the SSBB metagame is "low-tech" right now, there will be MANY updates to keep up with for each section. In fact, there will probably be updates for everything for a long time.

In the end, I recommend putting off this project, or at least several pieces of it, for another couple years. There are too many things big and small to keep up with right now. Or, if you really want, you can make several links to all things Brawl or just concentrate on a specific area, such as competition.

For now, I guess move sets are OK as far as I know

Seriously, unless you copy/paste with permission or make links, this task will get complicated.

Good luck, and I would like a PM if you actually complete the guide.

Edit: Define "Almost Everything." For example, what about frame rate data for each character?

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why you would want to spend so much time making one in the first place..
Because some people feel happiness by helping others.

To original poster: Good luck! I hope that it'll become a splendid guide!

toon_link47

Smash Rookie
Wow! Thanks! this guide is already getting to be pretty big (But not even a quarter of what I want) And, even I learned something!

6footninja

Smash Ace
I don't see why you would want to spend so much time making one in the first place..
as Kunato said, some people like helping out. I don't see why you find that odd.

On topic: Good luck in creating your guide. I hope everyone proves a good help to you. Sorry, but right now I cannot. Let us know when you get it finished :bee:

Top Bottom