• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. for Wii U Released

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
As everyone here already knows, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is officially available in stores! Boasting impressive graphics, an excellent soundtrack and tons of game content, any Smasher can find something to love here. We're sure many of you have already picked up your copies and are Smashing away, but we hope that you'll still find time to tear yourself away and join the conversations here at Smashboards.

Smash Bros. for Wii U is here!
Join The Discussion

Have you discovered an awesome new technique with your favorite fighter? Got an idea on how to run custom tournaments? Thinking about the possibilities of 2v2v2v2 matches? Great! Make your voice heard in our competitive forums. Who knows? Maybe you'll be the next expert on Smash!

Visit the competitive forums here!

If you're not into competitive play but love the new game, you're not alone! The Wii U General Discussion forum is the place to be to shoot the breeze with like-minded players.

Visit the General Discussion forums here!

From all of us at Smashboards, we hope you enjoy the new game! We have some exciting announcements in store in the coming weeks, so stay tuned right here. We can't wait to see what happens next.

Last edited by a moderator:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
After long last, it's finally here. Well, time to go buy it.

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
I got a three hour car drive before we stop and I can get my copy. I've got my wii u in the trunk and my hype on my mind.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Got it!it looks beautiful!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sadly, my local Wal-Mart didn't sell the GameCube adapter, so I'm stuck with the next best thing I own, the awkwardly awkward Classic Controller (not the Pro one).... :(

Game is great though! ^_^

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I know what I'm doing all night. And weekend....

On a side note, are we not going to get a post about that last 2 POTDs?

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I would have hype, but......I don't have a Wii U D:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Wish I could get it...
Meanwhile I'll be stuck with the intentionally worse and lesser version. Better than nothing I guess.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
FINALLY

.......too bad I don't have a Wii U yet :(

Farorae

Smash Ace
Just bought it along with sapphire :D unfortunately they didn't have the GC adapter, or the GC controllers. Apparently they sold out of those the first hour. The guy said you can buy them separately tho, hopefully he wasn't mistaken.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Pre-purchased Alpha Sapphire and the Smash Bros. Wii U Bundle and picked them up the midnight release. All Alaska GameStops had a midnight release and holy ****... the lines were terrifying, thank God I was near the front to most of them! xD

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
YOU AMERICANS AND YOUR EARLY SMASH AND POKÉMON RELEASE DATES WHY DO YOU GET BOTH GAMES EARLY WHAT'S WRONG WITH EUROPE DAMMIT WHY CAN'T WE AT LEAST GET... <-- That kind of thing is what I'll be internally screaming for another week.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Got it but the stores ran out of bundles and adapters........ Wii controller here I come!:facepalm:

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
IN AMERICA DAMMIT! Should had mentioned that in the page title but nooooo, not a single mention of Europe getting it next week either.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I just picked up my copy, and its over flowing with too much water!
No wait, that's just me drooling. :shiro:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Sorry guys, but I won't be joining you in Smash Wii U just yet.
*turns around Ash's trainer hat*
I've got a region to conquer!

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
Got mine at midnight! it's so great!

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Pre-Ordered it.

its a cool game. I Like P:M more though despite the nerf hammer seeming to fall in random places in 3.5.

I look forward to putting many dollars in nintendo's bra and putting many hours in P:M. They are both great.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Still waiting for my hard copy. Supposed to be here by Monday/Tuesday :/

Last edited:

Jmcpappy

Smash Cadet
As everyone here already knows, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is officially available in stores! Boasting impressive graphics, an excellent soundtrack and tons of game content, any Smasher can find something to love here. We're sure many of you have already picked up your copies and are Smashing away, but we hope that you'll still find time to tear yourself away and join the conversations here at Smashboards.

Smash Bros. for Wii U is here!
Join The Discussion

Have you discovered an awesome new technique with your favorite fighter? Got an idea on how to run custom tournaments? Thinking about the possibilities of 2v2v2v2 matches? Great! Make your voice heard in our competitive forums. Who knows? Maybe you'll be the next expert on Smash!

Visit the competitive forums here!

If you're not into competitive play but love the new game, you're not alone! The Wii U General Discussion forum is the place to be to shoot the breeze with like-minded players.

Visit the General Discussion forums here!

From all of us at Smashboards, we hope you enjoy the new game! We have some exciting announcements in store in the coming weeks, so stay tuned right here. We can't wait to see what happens next.
OF ALL OF THE NEWS TO BE SUPER SUPER LATE ON.... YOU CHOOSE LAUNCH DAY!?!?!?!

Top Bottom