• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

_clinton

Smash Master
Kay, where? >_>
Well…it wasn’t actually 1st brought up by me for the 1st time…however, the answer is SPM…again…

Peach was going to be ****ed in that and put under mind control…

It doesn't need to make perfect, absolute sense because it's a **** fiction lol, fiction usually doesn't make sense when compared to the real world. But the types make quite lot of sense to me, so pray tell which typing doesn't?
Your comments about type are funny because that is only the simple explanation for them…it’s hardly the only one reasoning…

Fire for example actually allows some plants to allow their seeds to germinate…too much water can **** plants as well…not all types of fires can be simply put out with water (fun fact…there is more than one type of fire extinguisher for a reason)

Plus I’m in shock that things like the flying type don’t have some affect on fire itself ^_^

I guess some things could be said about duel types…

However, some things like Water/Ground type are “sort of” a lie…electricity passes through things easier when there is “things” in them…so…what I’m saying is…electricity will not pass though PURE water…

Or you could actualy make it easier by pointing out which ones don't make sense rather than just stating it doesn't. >_>
Meh…my comment to the above should hopefully give you the basics for my reasoning for not liking the type chart…

Last time I checked, he was building his spacecraft and plucking out pikmins and getting eaten by giant (aka small) bugs.
How about you actually look at those ships he has and what parts are actually on them and what they do ^_^

And what are true results, pray tell? Spazer + plasma = beam so powerful it breaks the game lol. Metroid 2 can combine those just fine.

And lol don't try to mock my Metroid knowledge, it's just that Samus hasn't lost her Power suit quite yet and aquired Fusion suit, thus no wide beam but spazer beam (though they are the same cept with different name). :p
I think you missed my point…I was agreeing with you people when I said that spazer+plasma not working together for Super Metroid is just a flaw from the results of programming in a way (game mechs.)

However, something like murder beam isn’t real as well…that is a glitch in the game’s coding that it became that powerful…the other games seem to have fixed it though…

Did you know... that all living beings are made from mostly carbon?

Carbon on it's own can be extremely durable, malleable and hard material. They use carbon to coat space crafts, formula 1 cars, coat pots they make steel with, kevlar and not even gonna go at diamonds lol, just by re-arraging some atoms... There are many other minerals that are very durable as well. And kirby can seemingly transform into a block of unknown mineral that's so durable it's invulnerable to damage.

And last time I checked, stone kirby was defence, what the hell does counter do against a defence again? And if it's about dropping atop Lucas with stone, counter can't counter back damage against a thing that's invincible to damage. I'd like to see Lucas try countering up physical damage against a stone lol.
Kirby’s stone being defense gets turned into offense/defense the moment Kirby tries to land on Lucas’ offensive/defensive shield…

And also…why are you trying to explain something illogical using logic anyway man?

Is it just to be funny? Or did you not get that using logic to explain something illogical won’t work? ^_^

Also…another question…is the foe that Kirby gets his copy ability of stone from invincible?

Just wondering…because last I checked…Kirby only copies the abilities of his foes flawlessly…he doesn’t improve upon them…it is only a “copy” you know…

So…how does Kirby copy such ability from some enemy that is unbeatable again? Just wondering…

Oh wait…you can beat that foe (s)…silly me ^_^

@Clinton: What's the super power Luigi has which can "destroy" worlds? I'd like to hear this.
Would you look at SPM for the Wii again...and why Luigi is the "final boss" in a way in that again...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Metal was brought up because it provides constant invincibility, which can be combined with a Warp Star for good mobility and projectile attacks.
Only if he's in a ball mode while riding the Warp Star or if Lucas is not a sub-boss or a boss Kirby won't get hurt. Mirror and Warpstar will serve better since he can reflect, and perform a lot of damage with Mirror Cut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYx2ou5MnmI

How can anyone pass this ability over the rest? =P
Okay, moving Lucas up?

Any objections?
I object due to the lack of Kirby's ability talk.

Mirror Kirby in Kirby Super Star

Plasma Kirby in Kirby Super Star

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Viper, you'd need to do more than just post random videos/information.

@_Clinton: Why don't you just tell me yourself? I'd like to hear it from you.

_clinton

Smash Master
I don't want you to think I thought you disregarded the Parasol as I good defence, but the stuff your suggesting about it isn't really, backed-up, yes, there is the spikes, but it really is just under her feet.
I’m sort of sick about this parasol debate…so I’m bringing in the game script…

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/933012/51079

"When playing as Princess Peach, you can use her umbrella in a few ways. Press and hold 2 while jumping to float slowly down. In addition, press the D-Pad down to use your umbrella to guard against enemy attacks. When you want to change your character, choose him or her on the menu screen."

See…nothing at all about being invincible or invulnerable…it’s just a guard…

In fact…in my annoying testing of this bloody stupid thing…I even found another thing Peach gets hurt by besides spikes…fire bars…you know…these things…

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/a/a6/FirebarWorldA4.png

Even if they don’t touch her feet and instead touch her head (from the ceiling even)…they still hurt her…

Do I really need to find more examples of how Peach’s parasol is only a guard? Not invincibility? Because the game script says it’s only a guard, and some of the things in the game even do harm to her…

And you have mentioned a godlevel Ness.
That is because the power he is using is: A. Strong enough to strike fear into god-level beings, B. That same god level being Ness scares actually uses the same main power he does, and C. because of what “land” is considered in the 1st place…are you paying attention to the other posts about this subject?

You can't prove that, now, if you're saying Ness won't get hurt by them because he has an item that prevents, or has been shown not to, then maybe, if your saying he won't because he's just that good, and he has moves he hadn't learned in-game, then I doubt it.
Dude…there are several things that show Ness won’t get screwed by sleepytime/mute/status affects…

I’ve brought up various items just for game mechs, and I’ve brought up actual game events (Moonside itself, and Happy Happy Village are both prime examples of Ness’ telepathic defense…look them up and see what those places are…and why they are prime examples of Ness’ mental strength…if entire cities/beyond get locked under telepathic control…but the main target himself can avoid it and even enter the source of it and shut it down…what does that say?)

They have shields? you mean like Defence and...sp.def?
There are two types of shields in the mother series…that came about mainly in Mother 2…there is a shield that can take punishment from rockets, bombs, laser guns, various types of weapons ranging from swords to a yoyo, 100 ton dinosaur teeth/feet, slime, ect.

The reason that this one shield covers all of those things is because it is a shield for things that are non-psychic…as in things that make sense…now the other type of shield is for psychic energy instead…

Am I sensing some butt-hurt?
>_>

Right…think whatever you want…just because I point out that the only reason I like the Paper/RPG Mario games is because they have taken the piss out of the series…and you can’t tell me that they aren’t pretty funny for that reason…

Ok, who else have you seen use an parasol weapon then?
So…do you want this group total or only in the Mario series?

When did he do that?
Lost Underworld…are you even aware of what those foes do?

Do all there "unexplained PSI" look so....phsyical
Way too really **** up what I mean by unexplained man…
Unexplained=As in not logical…doesn’t make sense for being…

PK Fire…how is it fire? There is no logical explanation for why the fire is “bursting from the fingers!”

It is just appearing there…unlike with normal fire…which has logic behind it…

Not my point, canonilly never gets it, he can't, but canonily, he can, like Peach and her vibe.
Canon wise…we don’t know that much info about M2…but we do know info about Peach…and that unlimited vibe only came along as a reward like again…How Mario got 100 1-up mushrooms in SM64 for beating everything…

How is that hard to understand?

Really, from what your saying, it's that it's really answering back to being invincible.
Ah…no it’s not…it’s if anything clearing up any confusion about what it is…

And not all games have to have real world logic behind it Racoon suit Mario can fly, Racoons can't fly, that's one example
Last I checked…Raccoon suit Mario isn’t using a real world definition to define it like Metroid did…and plus…Mario’s setting isn’t in sci-fi either…

In fact…Mario’s setting is in “magic land” (best way to put it I guess)

@_Clinton: Why don't you just tell me yourself? I'd like to hear it from you.
My reply included a reference to Super Paper Mario...and with info that Luigi was the final boss...but whatever...

He is a match for the chaos heart...

http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Dimentio

As in he is most in sinc. with it...

I object due to the lack of Kirby's ability talk.
We did talk about his abilities...where were you?

I said that his physical ones aren't getting by Lucas' power shield/defense up anytime soon (which I'm pretty sure that would include Mirror Kirby), and that his elemental ones aren't getting by Lucas' king's armor and the Franklin Badge...

Any lightning from Kirby fired at Lucas btw is going to have very bad results for Kirby...just saying...

Nice videos though...just saying

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Viper, you'd need to do more than just post random videos/information.
Not the trap I wanted. =P

I play a little of Mother 3, but not enough to know what the Mother 3 characters can do. So far I just posted two of the top tier ablities that seems to not get much talk.

Samochan

Smash Master
So clinton, you can basically only moan something is game mechanic, but you fail to provide any legit reasoning why it's so crap and what exacly is crappy. >_>

Usually fire happens to burn plants and basically everything into charcoal, so who cares if it allows some one plant in a billion to germinate? Fact is, you need fire first and I find it hard to believe a plant could just survive a fire intact if they come in touch with fire of high temperatures. Then, unless household plant, plants can usually regulate the amount of water they use on their own. But no plant can survive without water, not even cactus, which is the reason why water is non-effective against grass in the first place. Really, this is pokemon and the mechanics are made simple enough for 7 year old to get a grasp of. Making diffrentation between random things makes it not simple anymore, nor pokemon.

Normal fires can be put out with water... but fire is fire, fire mixed with some **** substance is no longer purely fire anyway. So your point is totally irrelevant here. I don't see Rapidash having gas exhausts on their backs or something. And usually when a carbon based material burns, it can be doused with water.

Flying type =/= wind. There are many flying type attacks that don't deal with gusts of wind, like wing attack. Care to explain how that would make sense if you were do get a non-neutral hit from that one?

And what would you know, the ground there could act as a conduct, kinda like car makes a faraday's cage in a thunderstorm. Yet steel doesn't have resistance against electricity, nor does it have a weakness. <_< The reason for ground being immune to electricity is that when electricity escapes to ground, it becomes harmless, liek grounding of a lightning rod. So it wouldn't matter **** if a water something was an electric conduct, if it's grounded it overrides it in this case. And just as you said, pure water doesn't conduct electricity... well whadduja know, sand can be used to filter water even (not into pure water, but the point stays). =)

And anyways, if you wanna whine bout pokemon game mechanics, you're whining about EB and Mother too cause they had quite many of the same developers lol. So you're basically *****ing about how all 3 games don't make sense.

You're the one here not making any sense with baseless moaning about game mechanics as trivial as typing in pokemon. Jeez.

--

Ooh ffff....

Guys, we've totally forgotten one ability of samus alltogether, found from super.

When you pick the powerbomb, charge a beam and crouch and use the pb, your charged beam becomes a nice aura/blob thingies around you, depending of the beam in use and the effects and flight pattern is different. I believe this is usable only with one beam selected however.

But ice beam protection around her would be the shiz. Get close and you'll freeze. :o I do wonder how long these stuck around her and could they be used in tandem with speed booster/screw attack for example. If someone were so kind as to check it out pls. :3

Shame samus can't use power bombs while on hyper mode, or at least doesn't have access to it... or wait... hmmmmmmmm... she can still use bombs on hyper mode morph ball, so why not power bombs too. She just doesn't get those on corruption cause of stupid hyper ball lol, but she gets them from someplace else here. =D

Phazon beam charge + power bomb aura ftw?

Shame imperialist doesn't have a charge shot... or does it? D:

But I'll be ****ed, wikitroid doesn't even make a mention of these techs. D: First time is everything I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SaxbLzuOl0 - Found em from this vid, deals with glitches but you can see the real charge beam + power bomb combo starting from 1:32.

_clinton

Smash Master
Busy again...so I'll only reply to this ATM...

But I'll be ****ed, wikitroid doesn't even make a mention of these techs. D: First time is everything I guess.
Look again...and the only reason no one has brought them up is because they suck (except the plasma one...somewhat)

(check Charge Combo)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky, I remember you making a post of how dark burst can hurt Ganon, and you gave me a pretty contradicting reason as to why; "Ganondorf isn't a Dark creature because he's not influenced by the Ing, nor is he part of the Dark Aether world."

I find that contradicting because you were the very same person to go on about how light beams, which arefromSamus' games, can harm Ganon. Your logic says otherwise.
No, I suggested that we should let "light-influenced attacks" hurt Ganon, since Light arrows are Light. No one agreed with me, so I tried my luck with the Darkburst thing (which I don't remember what the answers were, by the way).

justaway12

Smash Master
I’m sort of sick about this parasol debate…so I’m bringing in the game script…

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/933012/51079

"When playing as Princess Peach, you can use her umbrella in a few ways. Press and hold 2 while jumping to float slowly down. In addition, press the D-Pad down to use your umbrella to guard against enemy attacks. When you want to change your character, choose him or her on the menu screen."

See…nothing at all about being invincible or invulnerable…it’s just a guard…

In fact…in my annoying testing of this bloody stupid thing…I even found another thing Peach gets hurt by besides spikes…fire bars…you know…these things…

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/a/a6/FirebarWorldA4.png

Even if they don’t touch her feet and instead touch her head (from the ceiling even)…they still hurt her…

Do I really need to find more examples of how Peach’s parasol is only a guard? Not invincibility? Because the game script says it’s only a guard, and some of the things in the game even do harm to her…
She doesn't get hurt by fire bars.

That is because the power he is using is: A. Strong enough to strike fear into god-level beings, B. That same god level being Ness scares actually uses the same main power he does, and C. because of what “land” is considered in the 1st place…are you paying attention to the other posts about this subject?
No, not really, that is, if you were talking about Lucas/not this match-up

Dude…there are several things that show Ness won’t get screwed by sleepytime/mute/status affects…

I’ve brought up various items just for game mechs, and I’ve brought up actual game events (Moonside itself, and Happy Happy Village are both prime examples of Ness’ telepathic defense…look them up and see what those places are…and why they are prime examples of Ness’ mental strength…if entire cities/beyond get locked under telepathic control…but the main target himself can avoid it and even enter the source of it and shut it down…what does that say?)
I know, I was talking to Yink and you before about it, just wanted to know why you thought of it.

There are two types of shields in the mother series…that came about mainly in Mother 2…there is a shield that can take punishment from rockets, bombs, laser guns, various types of weapons ranging from swords to a yoyo, 100 ton dinosaur teeth/feet, slime, ect.

The reason that this one shield covers all of those things is because it is a shield for things that are non-psychic…as in things that make sense…now the other type of shield is for psychic energy instead…

So like Def and Sp.Def in other RPG games? That would make much more sense

>_>

Right…think whatever you want…just because I point out that the only reason I like the Paper/RPG Mario games is because they have taken the piss out of the series…and you can’t tell me that they aren’t pretty funny for that reason…
They are funny for that, I really like it when they make fun of their/other seris', but looking at your comment again, you seemed ...well, yeah, angry and butt-hurt, like "Ness could have saved the world if he wanted too! And Peach get's kidnapped ololol"

So…do you want this group total or only in the Mario series?
Mario seris, if we are talking about the Parasol anyway.

Lost Underworld…are you even aware of what those foes do?
Obviously not.

Way too really **** up what I mean by unexplained man…
Unexplained=As in not logical…doesn’t make sense for being…

PK Fire…how is it fire? There is no logical explanation for why the fire is “bursting from the fingers!”

It is just appearing there…unlike with normal fire…which has logic behind it…
I don't get you, "doesn't make sense from being" again seems like a lot of nintendo game.

And obviously, fire just appering there is because you can't actually see the characters and sprites, kind of like pokemon.

Canon wise…we don’t know that much info about M2…but we do know info about Peach…and that unlimited vibe only came along as a reward like again…How Mario got 100 1-up mushrooms in SM64 for beating everything…

How is that hard to understand?
Your not getting me, by games, absolutly no wild pokemon could have learned TMs, at all, he certinaly won't say "Hey! My moves are getting rather bland, why don't I just go and get some more!". no pokemon has been shown getting TMs, we can't just dismiss it by saying that we don't know a lot about the pokemon, so we'll make an exception for him.

Ah…no it’s not…it’s if anything clearing up any confusion about what it is…
Very sorry, that was awful sentence I made, even I didn't understand what it said >_>
I meant, it's not answering back to being invincible.

My reply included a reference to Super Paper Mario...and with info that Luigi was the final boss...but whatever...

He is a match for the chaos heart...

http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Dimentio

As in he is most in sinc. with it...
Dimentio is needed for that, right?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
So far mostly everything Kirby has to retreat to will result in stalling. Lucas seems to have the upper hand.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE PRINCESS Vs. THE PROUD WARRIOR

Peach Vs. Roy

:peach: Vs. :roymelee:

Loser's Round 4, Match 2.

Who will emerge victorious?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The only thing Kirby can do is bait Lucas' PSI abilities by going in for attacks, then going Stone to evade, until Lucas' PP runs out. But Lucas has lots of ways to beat Kirby before his PP and Psi Caramels (or whatever better item there is) runs out.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
What other PSI attacks does Lucas have besides Love and Flash? Both of those attacks eat up PP and take concentration to use. Kirby's Mike and Paint abilities would rock Lucas' world.

justaway12

Smash Master
Ummm, didn't Peach already have her fight? Or have we talked about it for a whole round xD

Anyway, I don't really understand why Roy won last round, TBH, it wasn't really an in-depth discussion, she could defend from all of his attacks, and he really had no way to get past stop watch/sleepy time.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
Each time Kirby uses Mike the attack magnifies in intensity...and hair style.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Other things get magnet rise too. :p Even those electric pokes with no magnets. Brongzong doesn't get for some reason, but Metagross does. <_<
Bronzong has levitate? I don't know, Gamefreak acts weird at times. They didn't give Blaziken Close Combat for gods sakes...
Gardy has no legs or nothing to stand on top of. >_> Gardy floats by defying gravity with it's psychic powers.
OBJECTION

http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/282.shtml

Footprint shown. Of course, it's from the Dex, but that's the only place you'll find a footprint from (unless you talk to the footprint dude).
Roost makes you grounded, so making a grouded bird grounded makes little sense.
Well, are they flying in their Revolution animation?
Yea, Mewtwo can get owned (well it's tough job though), but he's not the only one But if he didn't, he'd be unplayable lol. That would kinda defeat the purpose of putting him in in the first place. Dialga, palkia and Arceus can be owned as well, even though all have shown remarkable powers outside pokedex and battles. Among others. But if it were otherwise, the battlign system I mean, it would be unplayable.
There's actually a theory as to why they stop using "ZOMG EPIC POKEDEX POWERS". IIRC, Cyrus gives the player the Master Ball because he says the Poke Ball family cuts off some of the power that Pokemon naturally have or something. I'm not sure though.
But anyways, PMD features an event where you can get mewtwo, where a team makes it to his dungeon and wakes him up and chari and blastoise get their arse kicked bad. Then pokes on village converse who might be the strongest poke in the world, and you can guess rayquaza (who saved the place by destroying a meteorite with hyper beam), groudon and yourself (to which everyone would sweatdrop lol). But then someone mentions of a rumour about a very strong pokemon, said to be the most powerful one of them all. Others don't believe him, but then chari and blasma come there, totally defeated and say it's true, then promptly collapse in exhaustion. Then you can go to the dungeon yourself to see Mewtwo and recruit him after you battle him.
I own and play PMD1 from time to time. My focus right now is on PMD2 because the level-up system isn't flawed. Mewtwo falls down from the ceiling, like Groudon does. Wait, what? Groudon? Yeah, he does. As does Ninetales. Or does she appear randomly? I forget.

_clinton

Smash Master
Does Lucas have a defense against Mike Kirby?
Not in my opinion…there happen to be more than a few foes like “Mike” in Mother 3 “tormenting” said Saturn race that Lucas scrapes…

http://walkthrough.starmen.net/mother3/image/enemies/frightbot.png

Here is the Game description of it if you look at the place where Duster is held captive makes it sound horrible…”like Nails on a chalkboard” sort of sound…

Plus…Fassad himself ends up having horns if you get what I mean ^_^

She doesn't get hurt by fire bars.
SPM for the Wii...yes she does...check again...just go to chapter 1-4 and see for yourself...

Oh and I like how you completely avoided the main point of how the game says she isn't invincible...and is only guarding attacks...

No, not really, that is, if you were talking about Lucas/not this match-up
Great…does that mean I’ll have to post a wall of text again?

I know, I was talking to Yink and you before about it, just wanted to know why you thought of it.
Ok…so is there any issue with questioning Ness’ mental strength then?

So like Def and Sp.Def in other RPG games? That would make much more sense[/COLOR]

I don’t consider it that way really…the only thing that has a measureable stat in the mother series is normal defense (which still doesn’t include everything that the shield covers…normal defense doesn’t include bombs for example…but the power shield protects vs. bombs)

I guess I could say it this way…

There are three main defensive support PK moves in the series:
Defense up
Shield of light/shield (the stronger form is Power shield/counter)
PK shield (and the stronger form is PK Power shield/counter PSI)

Defense up is overall beaten 90% of the time compared to shield/power shield…game stat wise…the most physical protection you can get from defense up is a 50% cut in damage...but that is after more than one use…shields however do that in 1 use…but they can be broken…still overall with them together you are looking at reducing damage by a lot (for example…4 damage becomes 1 in this case with Mother 3)

Overall the people who made the 3 games could never get the stat buffs/nerfs moves right IMO…For Mother 1 they were insanely high…for Mother 2 they sucked…but they came close to perfection with Mother 3 IMO…of course the reason I don’t like the stat buffs/nerfs in this game isn’t because they are bad/too good…oh no…it’s because they take all the challenge out of the game when you slap a offense/defense up on your team and then hit the foe with a offense/defense down…

They really should have had a neutralizer item ^_^

Mario seris, if we are talking about the Parasol anyway.
Do you consider things like Yoshi, Wario, DK and such to be Mario (even though they sort of are)

Obviously not.
Well…put simply…Ness has to deal with dinosaurs that create Earthquakes because of their girth alone and are under Giygas’ influence…so add psychic powers, some mild mutations, and a desire for wanting you dead to that thing…and they still aren’t the worse foes in the game (in fact they are sort of a down play compared to another place you were at)

And obviously, fire just appering there is because you can't actually see the characters and sprites, kind of like pokemon.
Please look up what PK Fire is…unlike normal fire which has 3 things it needs to form…this fire is formed illogically…that is my point…and because of that it won’t go out logically as well…because it has been used under water…get my point of what PK Fire and psychic powers are? That is my point for them not being illogical…

no pokemon has been shown getting TMs, we can't just dismiss it by saying that we don't know a lot about the pokemon, so we'll make an exception for him.
Actually I’m pretty sure some other posters in said topic have brought up things like Pokemon where they do use TMs…I still actually don’t really care though…because as far as TMs go…I don’t see any pokemon really learning any more that doesn’t make much sense on them…

I meant, it's not answering back to being invincible.
But it was…again…by speed booster being given a logical explanation in 2/3 of the games it has been in…it is refuting what has been said in Super Metroid…

Dimentio is needed for that, right?[/COLOR]
Yeah…but my point was in the 1st place was that Luigi has it in his subconscious…

_clinton

Smash Master
So far mostly everything Kirby has to retreat to will result in stalling. Lucas seems to have the upper hand.
Considering how that is what Peach was doing with just hiding under her parasol thing...and even considering how I have posted the game's script for that game and the only thing they say the parasol is happens to be a guard thing...

How did Peach vs. Ness end up as a draw again?

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Bronzong has levitate? I don't know, Gamefreak acts weird at times. They didn't give Blaziken Close Combat for gods sakes...

There's actually a theory as to why they stop using "ZOMG EPIC POKEDEX POWERS". IIRC, Cyrus gives the player the Master Ball because he says the Poke Ball family cuts off some of the power that Pokemon naturally have or something. I'm not sure though.
Bronzong really doesn't make sense. How do the ones without Levitate even move?

What game did Cyrus say that in? I recall him saying he gave it to you because he has no use for it, but don't recall him saying anything about pokeballs nerfing their power....

PowerBomb

Smash Master

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ As Roy win against Yoshi, Roy should win against Peach since Yoshi fights better than Peach. ♥

warpd

Smash Apprentice
Not in my opinion…there happen to be more than a few foes like “Mike” in Mother 3 “tormenting” said Saturn race that Lucas scrapes…

http://walkthrough.starmen.net/mother3/image/enemies/frightbot.png

Here is the Game description of it if you look at the place where Duster is held captive makes it sound horrible…”like Nails on a chalkboard” sort of sound…

Plus…Fassad himself ends up having horns if you get what I mean ^_^
Fassad was so horny in that fight.

Paint making Lucas cry uncontrollably would really mess him up. Paint is a one time use though so it can't really be spammed.

Samochan

Smash Master
And mewtwo can't learn teleport anymore :<

OBJECTION

http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/282.shtml

Footprint shown. Of course, it's from the Dex, but that's the only place you'll find a footprint from (unless you talk to the footprint dude).
Oh snap I forgot. But Bronzong with heatproof is another good example. :p I'm sure I could find some others...

Well, are they flying in their Revolution animation?
Never played revolution, but I guess so..

There's actually a theory as to why they stop using "ZOMG EPIC POKEDEX POWERS". IIRC, Cyrus gives the player the Master Ball because he says the Poke Ball family cuts off some of the power that Pokemon naturally have or something. I'm not sure though
What about toning it down for battles so they wouldn't accidentally kill the opposing pokemon? Charizard's entry states "it'll never turn it's flame towards a weaker opponent" or something akin to that. They just faint in battles, but pokes can die too (graveyards and all). The battles are in essence, friendly (or not so friendly, you collect their moneys lawl) competitions between trainers and battle of wills against a wild pokemon that attacks the trainer who invaded their territory. I don't think I read that "cutting the power of the pokemon" from anywhere, arceus and celebi are still capable of performing extraordinary feats even after capture for example (celebi & arceus events on HGSS). But it's plausible.. But there's not too much need to time travel or bend space now is there? Besides how would a 11-year old know how to anyway and the ramifications of doing so? He'd most likely not want his captured dialga or palkia to display those powers.

Edit: Cyrus doesn't mention pokeballs nerfing their powers.

"The Master Ball is the ultimate Poké Ball. It will unfailingly catch any Pokémon in the wild. But it is not anything that I require. Unlike you Trainers, I do not make Pokémon my friends or partners. Unlike other Team Galactic members, I don't use Pokémon as tools." Blaa blaa...

Neither does the red chain item entry.

Wait, the pokeball entry makes a mention, but doesn't say where it is from. Personally, I've never encountered a text that would say pokes are nerfed when captured. <_>

I own and play PMD1 from time to time. My focus right now is on PMD2 because the level-up system isn't flawed. Mewtwo falls down from the ceiling, like Groudon does. Wait, what? Groudon? Yeah, he does. As does Ninetales. Or does she appear randomly? I forget.
Well groudon just drops a few dungeon floors down lol, but Groudon jumping around is nothing new, Groudon & Kyogre did it on RSE as well. Mewtwo drops down from the ceiling true, but as he descends he slows himself down and you can clearly see he's levitating. I haven't seen the ninetails thing. :/

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Never played revolution, but I guess so..
Revolution shows Gardy's legs too.
Edit: Cyrus doesn't mention pokeballs nerfing their powers.

"The Master Ball is the ultimate Poké Ball. It will unfailingly catch any Pokémon in the wild. But it is not anything that I require. Unlike you Trainers, I do not make Pokémon my friends or partners. Unlike other Team Galactic members, I don't use Pokémon as tools." Blaa blaa...
He does. The bulbapedia page said so. I knew he did.
Well groudon just drops a few dungeon floors down lol, but Groudon jumping around is nothing new, Groudon & Kyogre did it on RSE as well. Mewtwo drops down from the ceiling true, but as he descends he slows himself down and you can clearly see he's levitating. I haven't seen the ninetails thing. :/
Several dungeon bosses "float" down. Some of them do that as well in PMD2. Kecleon even does it to, but he warps a bit.

Samochan

Smash Master
He does. The bulbapedia page said so. I knew he did.
He doesn't. :/

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cyrus

All his dialogue is here, he makes no mention of it.

So I'm itching to know where does the "pokeballs nerf pokemon" come from.

Unless it's basically from the fact that they aren't using their pwnage powers when you use them in battle. xD If the limitation is there, it should be up to the trainer how that limitation is used. Arceus and Celebi can use their powers well enough even when captured by trainer. But I guess if there weren't any limiter, the pokes could just as easily accidentally do major damage.

Several dungeon bosses "float" down. Some of them do that as well in PMD2. Kecleon even does it to, but he warps a bit.
Well that's kinda curious. Personally I haven't played PMD, though I probably should. I have to see those myself though, but if it were flying type for example (liek legendary birds, latias & latios or otherwise in pokemon canon depicted to be capable of flight/levitation/float), then it shouldn't be no problem. Ninetails is kinda funny though, but she's mystical enough as it is lol.

And doesn't Kecleon do that chameleon thingy, making it seem like he warps around?

Top Bottom