• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Announcements Galore! Watch Here

Commander Hen

Smash Rookie
"Anyone hoping for new character reveals from the stream are only hurting themselves"

I have returned unscathed.

Last edited:

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
MY BODY CAN'T HANDLE MEWTWO AND RIDLEY (stage hazard)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Wow, Ridley haters are jack*sses.

Meanwhile, I'm pumped for 8 players and MEWTWO.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Mewtwo confirmed downloadable in Spring 2015.
Ridley confirmed stage element.
Bowser Jr. officially confirmed.
Duck Hunt's trailer saved for later date.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Nearly an hour about the game and not one mention of the core gameplay... I'll eagerly await the balance patch announcements.

Shog

Smash Ace
WHY are people saying RIDLEY fans are SUPER DISAPPOINTED. WE ARE NOT. SERIOUSLY; RIDLEY HAS AN KO STOCK ICON. He helps you like a character in battle(and looks better than flying man, too)

This is an even better position than Assist Trophy. This is literally THE NEXT BEST THING.

WHY IS NO RIDLEY FAN HYPED: I DON'T GET IT

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Seriously, this is great news.

We finally got an official DLC characters confirmation in the form of Mewtwo. It almost feels unreal.

While we can't be totally certain yet it opens up a very strong possibility of DLC for other veterans returning, and even newcomers possibly.

As they said, it takes work. So all the DLC will take some time, but the chance is there. And it's strong.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Voice Chat.

HD Bowser Jr.

8 Player Smash.

HD Bowser Jr.

Team battles online with friends.

HD Bowser Jr.

Great Cave Offensive and Jungle Hijinks.

HD Bowser Jr.

Smash Tour.

HD Bowser Jr.

Mewtwo.

HD BOWSER JR.

Stage Builder.

HD BOWSER JR.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Will D-aria or whatever he's name is blow up because of Ridley's deconfirmation or fly to heaven because of Mewtwo's inclusion?
See it in the next episode of SmashBoard Z!

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
LOL SORRY RIDLEY FANS STILL TOO BIG ~LOVE SAKURAI

LOL CONGRATS MEWTWO FANS <3

LOL MASTERPIECES

Speed Stick 2400

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpeedStick2400
3DS FC
4699-7838-3944
This was amazing! Bowser Jr. trailer, new mode, stage builder, tropht studio, paint, 8-player smash, this livestream was worth it! Also, Mewtwo confirmed!! Ridley confirmed....as a boss! :troll:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Well, Ridley is officially a stage boss! That'll shut all those Ridley supporters up!
I mean, I may not be happy the speculation ended up being pointless and time-wasting, but it really is a relief to finally see closure after more than a year of heat; wouldn't you agree?

@ Da Man Da Man inB4 Smash 5 :troll:

I swear, I've studied the fans to know they're just like Ridley; always cheating death. I personally admire their preservierence, and the open-mindedness of the more civil supporters.

Last edited:

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
Hard to decide on my favorite part. I've been waiting and waiting for a trailer for Bj but the Ridley deconfirm was so satisfying....

Brawler139

Smash Rookie
Ridley sorta confirmed... XD I'm sorry to the Ridley fans, but I laughed that at least they took consideration to give him a stock icon. Mewtwo dlc hype though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The new modes and 8 player smash are awesome, but that bowser jr trailer and mewtwo DLC annihilated everything else. I knew we would get at least one DLC character in this.

KirbySS44

Smash Cadet
Guys the super smash bros official site has been updated!
They added Bowser Jr and Mr Game and Watch!

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Lemme grab a shovel, because the leak graveyard is about to become overcrowded.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
That... direct... was... AWESOME!!
Jr.'s trailer was quite nice, those new modes look pretty fun and best of all MEWTWO!!!!!!!
I'm sorry for your finally confirmed loss Ridley supporters, but hey, the way they have implemented him is still pretty cool :) (or can be seen as Sakurai trolling, since this means Ridley is THAT close to being playable, but isn't. you can fight him, KO him and have him on your team, just not play as him... watch him and flying man get hacked/glitched into the game in some way)

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Everything is so awesome. With Mewtwo the DLC ice has been broken and now new venues of discussions have been opened. Who's next? Wolf? Ice climbers? The Yellow Devil?

Ridley looks badass and so does the new board game. 8 player smash is going to be ridiculous. There needs to be a 4v4 category at tournaments no matter how ridiculous it may be to organize.

D

Deleted member

Good because when the smash bros 5 comes out and it announces a next new pokemon we don't have to deal with the mewtwo fanboys whining ever again:troll:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
WOW! SO MUCH HYPE.

First the bosses. Ridley boss apereance in just a beta of being a future newcomer!

Metal face look fun to kill. Olimar vs. Gundam...Take my money.

8-player smash!

Ruin your friendship in Smash tour! Mario smash Party.

Im think were gonna get :4duckhunt: trailer, but we got :4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: trailer but...

We got this guy is coming.

This pokemon::150:
Yeah this thing :mewtwomelee:.
Were getting mewtwo for real.

Mewtwo fan... LIVE THE :mewtwopm: HYPE! And DLC Hype too. Were getting started and its looking good!

We can get Isaac, K. Rool and Chorus kids as newcomer.
Or even returning one...:wolf:and:lucas:

BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER WANTED!

well besides Lyndis as a playable character buuuuu

EVERYTHING THAT I WISHED FOR I GOT! YO!

Dr_Falchion

Smash Cadet
I love this direct. I love it with all my heart. Except for one thing.

The Ridley haters and fans alike will both be 10x more annoying now.
Sure, the haters say the fans will finally shut up. THAT'S GREAT. HOW ABOUT YOU SHUT UP NOW TOO.

Haters will rub it in the faces of fans. Fans will respond angrily. Smashboards will be ripped apart. Unfortunately, there was no way to avoid this - if Ridley was DLC, the same would happen in reverse.

I would have just not said anything about Ridley and all and let the fans figure it out when the games come out.

Last edited:

Tony Montana

Smash Rookie
I could taste the tears of some other people when I saw Ridley as a stage boss. mmmmmmm....

Either way, this direct was amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom