• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3DS Sells Over 1 Million in Japan

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
OH SHEIT. Well I saw this coming. This game is going to outsell Brawl in less than a year. But will the Wii U version live up to it? We'll know by the end of the year...

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Excellent! That's what I love to hear!
Okay fellow Americans, we gotta beat Japans score of 1 million in 4 days. Can we do it?

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Excellent! That's what I love to hear!
Okay fellow Americans, we gotta beat Japans score of 1 million in 4 days. Can we do it?
I'd like to assume it will be beat on day 1?
If you mean the 3DS version only I can't really say, but as for the console version!? Please...:awesome:
#Thehypeisreal

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Wow...that's really an amazing statistic! Smash is really popular!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
If you mean the 3DS version only I can't really say, but as for the console version!? Please...:awesome:
#Thehypeisreal
I meant the 3DS version. We will have to wait until the Wii U version is released to see what kind of numbers it sells.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
1.3 million is a good start. This means that it only needs 5.71 million sells in less than 7 years to beat Melee!

...what? Too soon? :troll:

Last edited:

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that's awesome for only four days being released. It has almost outsold Melee. It will most definitely double Brawl imo.

Last edited:

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
You can't really say it sold that much because a lot of people bought outside of Japan and wanted to play the game early.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
I think this will sell almost as well as the top 3DS games, so I would say (modestly) about 8 million for the 3DS version, and about 4 million for the Wii U version.
I know that sounds low, but the most successful 3DS games have averaged about 8 million each, with 44 million-plus systems sold, and the top Wii U games have averaged about 3 million each, with 6 million-plus systems sold, with Nintendo hoping that 3.6 million Wii U consoles and 12 million 3DS handhelds will sell in the next 12 months.
No doubt Smash is where it's at, for the next year.

Last edited:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
#Thehypeisreal
yes we can!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Wow! Congrats to Nintendo! I'm sure this feels nice at a time that they're not doing so hot. Their 1st party games can't sell this well but mix the characters together in one game and you've got a recipe for a serious cash crop! Add DLC to smash bros (Dixie, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Snake and Wolf) and you guys will be set until the year 3000!

fearless.leader

Smash Apprentice
smash 4 is practically the godsend for the competative smash scene. I'm going to place a bet right here the u.s. is going to beat those numbers.

Top Bottom