• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash Bros 3DS rated E10+?

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
Not too big of news here, but I saw a picture of a SSB4 poster by @ EverythingSmash EverythingSmash on twitter and I noticed there was an ESRB rating on the bottom of the poster.

Seeing as though the 3DS version is coming before the Wii U version, I think the RP rating is for the Wii U, while the E10+ rating is for the 3DS. I found it strange because both Melee and Brawl were rated T...Just a small heads up

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I can see it being rated T. We do have more women. Especially busty Zero Suit Samus and robed Palutena.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I've never fully understood why Melee and Brawl have been rated T. Well, if we discount a certain codec conversation.

Maybe it's rated E10 because of the smaller screen? It's harder to make out details, especially while actually playing. The slightly more cartoonish style may help.

Thegamerguy131

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thegamerguy131
3DS FC
0946-2559-8115
I've never fully understood why Melee and Brawl have been rated T. Well, if we discount a certain codec conversation.

Maybe it's rated E10 because of the smaller screen? It's harder to make out details, especially while actually playing. The slightly more cartoonish style may help.
Was the E10+ rating even made when Melee came out?

If not, then I guess that's why it's rated T.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet

I found that having a T rating gives them a bit of elbow room when it comes to content. (Busty Females, Weapons, Dialogue)
But like you said, it might be because of the small screen and lack of detail on the more "pushy" design on some characters within the 3DS version.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Guns have been redesigned to look silly, the game has a less realistic style, and no certain Zero Suit Samus close-ups in cutscenes.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615

i think brawl had a T rating because of snake and his guns and zero suit samus

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
1. Smash for 3DS being rated E10+ was actually known since the beginning of July.
2. Melee was rated T because the E10+ rating wasn't out yet.
3. As a friend of mine pointed out to me, the 3DS version is most likely rated E10+ because it doesn't have as good as graphics. The WiiU version might be rated T because we've noticed games like COD were rated T on DS, then on Wii rated M because it had better graphics.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
1. Smash for 3DS being rated E10+ was actually known since the beginning of July.
2. Melee was rated T because the E10+ rating wasn't out yet.
3. As a friend of mine pointed out to me, the 3DS version is most likely rated E10+ because it doesn't have as good as graphics. The WiiU version might be rated T because we've noticed games like COD were rated T on DS, then on Wii rated R because it had better graphics.
This ^.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the PEGI rating for the game will be a better indication of the extent of the game's "inappropriate content".

For reference, under the PEGI system, Smash 64 is 7+, Melee is 3+, and Brawl is 12+.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Also, Brawl probably deserved its Teen rating since it was the darkest game in the series, what with the story mode and all.

D

Deleted member

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, the Wii U version could also have an E10+ rating. Both have the same characters, items, Pokémon, and all that, with the exception of modes and stages, of course.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You know, now that I'm thinking about it, the Wii U version could also have an E10+ rating. Both have the same characters, items, Pokémon, and all that, with the exception of modes and stages, of course.
But Wii U is more realistic than 3ds, and with zero suit Samus' hot shorts costume who knows.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But Wii U is more realistic than 3ds, and with zero suit Samus' hot shorts costume who knows.
Its in a way like Sonic games on a Nintendo, the cconsole version has better graphics, both have exclusive stuff (sometimes), but have the same rating (E or E10+)

Top Bottom