• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3DS Demo Available on Japanese eShop

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Just a short while ago, Nintendo released a 3DS demo of Smash Bros. on the Japanese eShop. Several people are already streaming it, so head to Twitch and start watching if you're interested! This comes as a complete surprise - there had been no mention of a downloadable demo, but it has appeared! If you own a Japanese 3DS it's time to go play the new Smash Bros. for yourself! The demo doesn't include tons of content - the only characters available for use are Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man, and the only stage is Battlefield, but who cares?!?! It's Smash!

People currently streaming include:

stylesx2
Denti
ZeRo
Jed05
TheJustinFlynn

There are sure to be several more streaming, so go search out your favorite and enjoy!

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
"You think you Americans will get the demo? After leaking my game?
Think again."

Last edited:

Bees?

Smash Rookie
It's five characters and one stage.
I need this like oxygen.

Also, as an aside, a neat thing I noticed is the little hand cursor on the character select screen isn't relegated to the top screen. It can move between both. Nice touch.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Don't quote me on this, but, Cobanermani45 was told by GameXplain that North America MIGHT get a demo on September 19th. No confirmation on anything yet.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Pretty awesome, kind of unnecessary this close to release, but I'll take what I can get.

FieryFetus

Smash Cadet
NNID
FieryFetus
3DS FC
1263-7040-1503
We don't deserve the demo man WE DON'T DESERVE IT FOR THAT LEAK MAN

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Just wow....this was quite blind-siding. XD And only ~4 days to go until the Japanese release! It would've been really nice if an English release was prepared (although I doubt that the current version requires much text interpretation due to the limited options), so players outside of Japan can at least have a chance to play the 3DS prior to the deluge of inevitable information from Japan and/or possible leaks this week..

I wish that Kirby was included among the available demo characters (his omission is quite surprising to me; plus his inclusion would help bolster the "Classic Four" reference, as in the 4 who typically appear in intros and trailers - Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby)... Wii Fit Trainer should've also been included so that everyone revealed at E3 2013 is playable, but whatever.. >_>

Also, an image of the starting roster for the demo:

Source of the image: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fyonc/theres_a_demo_up_on_the_3ds_japanese_eshop/ckdzj8p

Last edited:

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
There might be more information about this on tonight's miiverse post. Maybe Sakurai will comment about if/when the U.S. will get a demo.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
So I guess when this demo comes to america I will probably be playing it until the release lol. Getting them Smash 4 Demo mains lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Japan is so lucky there. North America still has nothing, but I guess that's because the Nintendo Treehouse gets to do the demo first.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Really hoping we get a demo this Friday after the Treehouse thing, or maybe even by the end of the month as we near October 3, I'll be happy as long as we get something eventually... Especially since I'm personally getting the game via Amazon.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I....I don't need the demo, I'll just sit here and watch those awesome Menu pictures Sakurai posted!

WHO IM JOKING, I NEED IT!:bluejump:

Top Bottom