• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 3D/U OST Contest! Round 27 - Midgar (Grading)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
...Comments.

Someone else can do it.

Or we can wait until I get around to it late tomorrow. It's been a rough week and I'm glad I even got to the scores as it is.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay then...

Someone get those comments!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay, here you go.
[collapse=Brawler610]
You know what? I'll judge. I don't think that I will be the best at it, however.
DONE!
LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

Let's start this off by saying that if you didn't include Ballad of the Goddess, Skyloft, The Sky, or the Zelda Theme, I took away points.
In light of the Direct, I didn't penalize you if you didn't include Saria's Song or Ocarina of Time Medley.
[collapse=Frostwraith]Importance: 10
Popularity: 10
Variety: 8
Fit: 7
Overall: 35/40
All of these tracks are important in the Zelda franchise and they are definitely popular. While I am surprised that The Sky is absent, I am glad that you have the Zelda theme, Ballad of the Goddess, and Skyloft. I do love the addition of Saria's Song.
I was thinking that the Ghirahim battle wouldn't fit. Now that I looked at the stage with the song on... it's a rather decent fit. While the Dark World and Kakariko Village songs are popular, I can't say that they fit within this stage.
Overall, not bad! Not bad at all! Nice way to start this off![/collapse]

[collapse=Groose]Importance: 8
Popularity: 7
Variety: 10
Fit: 6
Overall: 31/40
First off... I am heavily disturbed by the lack of the Zelda theme. I had to dock some points because of that. Other than that, you have Ballad of the Goddess and The Sky, which are two tracks that I am looking for.
I do like some of the tracks that you've chosen. Ballad of the Windfish and Clocktown are the standouts to me as they both fit perfectly. The Melee Temple theme was also an interesting choice!
As for the other songs... I can't see how the Hidden Village really fits in with Skyloft. The Medley of Skyloft is very bold... but I am not feeling like this Medley is really fitting and the songs don't mesh up well with each other. I would leave it with just Skyloft and that's it. Also, UGH! CITY IN THE SKY! I HATE THAT TRACK! Hahaha...
The variety is rather good! All the tracks are different from one another!
Overall, there are some bold and risky choices here... I'm just not feeling them.[/collapse]

[collapse=Swampsaur]Importance: 10
Variety: 9
Fit: 8
Overall: 37/40
Very good track list!
All of the songs that you put on your list are popular and important. You have the Zelda theme, The Sky, Ballad of the Goddess, and Skyloft, which is what I am looking for.
I love the addition of Clock Town and the Ghirahim Battle!
The Twilight Princess Main Theme doesn't really fit in with the environment of Skyloft and I can't say that I would put in the Shop Theme and Inside a House Theme on my list.
Overall, I did like this list! Nicely done![/collapse]

[collapse=Venus of the Desert Bloom]Importance: 5
Popularity: 6
Variety: 5
Fit: 4
Overall: 20/40
This has Ballad of the Goddess and The Sky, two tracks that I am looking for. The lack of the Zelda theme is very disturbing however.
I can't really say that there should be a Medley for this specific stage. I feel as though these tracks don't really mesh up well with each other. Romance in the Air is also a track that I can't see be used in a fighting game. The Sky and Wing Ceremony together is incredibly odd since they are the same track.
Forest Haven and Hyrule Castle Market are tracks that I can't see be heard in this game. Malo's Mart is a hilarious choice, I'll give you that, but it's still a bizarre one.
P-please don't ban me...[/collapse]

[collapse=Hades]Importance: 1
Popularity: 1
Variety: 0
Fit: 0
Overall: 666/666 2/40
The Groose is loose?[/collapse]

[collapse=Starphoenix]Importance: 9
Popularity: 9
Overall: 34/40
You have The Sky, Ballad of the Goddess, and Skyloft, three tracks that I am looking for. However, I am surprised by the lack of the Zelda theme.
I'm not so big on the Dark World theme (or Lorule Field in this case) being a track on Skyloft, but I cannot deny its popularity. Moldarach is also an incredibly popular track, but I don't see it be a tremendous fit here.
The Hidden Village sticks out like a sore thumb to me; I can't see this be a track on Skyloft. Same with the Majora medley as I find that Clock Town should be by itself. However, I love the addition of the Ocarina of Time Medley! It just fits in so well!
Sorry if I am acting negative! I don't mean to! This track list is rather good! I'm impressed![/collapse]

[collapse=TumblrFamous]Importance: 8
Popularity: 8
You have Ballad of the Goddess and The Sky, two tracks that I am looking for. I am disturbed by the lack of the Zelda theme and Skyloft. However, Faron Woods is a good substitute for Skyloft; it's a surprising fit!
The tracks themselves are popular, though I wouldn't have a medley for the Bazaar tracks.
I would make Clock Town Day 1 its own separate track than to make a medley of the others. The Hidden Village doesn't fit in with Skyloft in my opinion.
Personally, I wouldn't put in the Song of Storms and I would prefer Saria's Song or the Ocarina of Time Medley, but it's still a good fit.
DON'T YOU EVEN DARE REFERENCE THE CITY IN THE SKY! UGH! I HATE THAT TRACK!
Ahem. Anyways, nice list! I liked it![/collapse]

[collapse=Luco]Importance: 10
Skyloft, The Sky, Ballad of the Goddess, and the Zelda theme... they are all tracks that I am looking for!
Two tracks that stood out to me are Majora's Wraith and Lon Lon Ranch. Granted, while these tracks are popular, I can't see them be used in Skyloft or fit in with a fighting game style (or, perhaps Majora's Wraith should be used for a different Zelda stage).
You do have a knack for choosing some important and popular songs!
Overall, you did a rather good job! I'm impressed![/collapse][/collapse]
[collapse=God Robert's Cousin]
As long as you know what your opinion is and how to stay consistent, I think you'll be a fine judge, budd.
[collapse="Frostwraith"]Importance: 8/10
Popularity: 8/10
Variety: 8/10
Fitting: 7/10
Overall: 31

Your list got all the three big ones: Main Theme, Skyloft, and Ballad of the Goddess. Ghirahim Battle definitely helps towards variety. Lost Woods was definitely a good choice as well, though I feel like an extra opportunity was missed when you didn't use the Melee remix of it.

The remaining three songs on your list felt out of place, however. Kakariko Village and Dark World both feel out of place entirely, the former being too lax for the frantic atmosphere of flying around Skyloft in a fight and the latter just not having an origin that syncs up with the stage's setting at all. Tal Tal Heights was also a popular choice, but having an exclusively handheld song on a console stage takes away points towards fitting. Considering the console stages of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Majora's Mask all went unrepresented, you just didn't have room for that handheld song.[/collapse]
[collapse="Groose"]Importance: 9/10
Popularity: 9/10
Fitting: 8/10
Overall: 32

Your Medley of Skyloft has some excellent picks in the form of Skyloft, Fi's Theme, and Groose's Theme, but I have to question some of the transitional songs that go into it. City in the Sky both doesn't feel like it contrasts with Skyloft so much as breaks the vibe it was setting up and isn't even from Skyward Sword (even if the sky motif is understood). In my opinion, Romance in the Air would have sounded better a transition if it replaced City in the Sky altogether. This is a matter of personal tastes, however, so I won't let those nitpicks detract from an otherwise well-made medley.

Ballad of the Goddess is there, as it should be, and The Sky is an important song as well. A lack of the Main Theme from Zelda is concerning, but having Temple almost makes up for that. Seriously, gotta love Temple. Clock Town and Hidden Village are both popular choices that fit well-enough with the setting.

Final Ghirahim works, but the regular version of the song would work better, I felt. Also, Ballad of the Windfish is a great tune, but I feel like it doesn't fit on the stage as it should. A handheld song shouldn't make its way onto stages that have an emphasis on console games, after all![/collapse]
[collapse="Swampasaur"]Importance: 9/10
Overall: 34

Ballad of the Goddess, Skyloft, and Main Theme are all there. Good start to importance. The Sky works as well, and Clock Town does you more good than bad for getting in that Majora's Mask representation.

The things that went wrong, I felt, was your over-representation of Skyward Sword. You got down all the right themes, but having both The Sky and Ghirahim made it seem rather bloated in that aspect. Additionally, I really don't think the Shop / House Medley fits that well with Skyloft. As domestic as it is, it's void of adventure, you know? Main Theme of Twilight Princess is fine too, I suppose, but it just feels like an obligatory addition rather than because it truly compliments the stage.[/collapse]
[collapse="Venus of the Desert Bloom"]Importance: 5/10
Variety: 7/10
Overall: 29

The Songs of Skyloft is a neat concept, gotta say. I do wonder if the results would work in execution, however, considering it seems like the stage would not stay stationary long enough for us to really get to appreciate any of those songs. Still, I like the creativity of this--like a lovelier "WarioWare, Inc."! No matter how you look at it, a glorified Skyloft is better than just Skyloft!

Ballad of the Goddess is a must, which I'm glad you included. Wing Ceremony is a surprisingly underdone song, but it works so well, so I also very much appreciate that! The Sky and Hyrule Castle Town are both nice fits as well.

Unfortunately, the variety here is very much lacking. You have 5 Skyward Sword songs, 2 Twilight Princess songs, and a Wind Waker song. Romance in the Air doesn't even seem that fitting on its own nor does it seem that iconic. Malo Mart is a rather obscure addition as well. It's a fun song, but it doesn't fit nor does it make sense to have 2 Twilight Princess songs. Forest Haven attempts to add to the variety, but simply doesn't make up for a missing Main Theme, Temple, or Saria's Song. Your list had some very innovative ideas, but ended up being a tad too experimental for my tastes.[/collapse]
[collapse="Hades"]Importance: 12/10
Popularity: 12/10
Variety: 12/10
Fitting: 12/10
Being ugly and stupid: -50/10
Overall: -2

You're too amazing for your own good. You did horrible with the 'being ugly and stupid' category, though, because you're way too attractive and witty! Really, you have to work on that if you really want to win this without resorting to boring instant-win powers.

...What was this contest for again?[/collapse]
[collapse="Starphoenix"]Importance: 9/10
Popularity: 10/10
Overall: 35

Gotta say right away, I love the idea of a Majora's Mask medley. However, while Clock Town and Deku Palace both fit, Stone Tower Temple really doesn't seem appropriate on Skyloft. I want to like this, but that last song just seems so suddenly depressing compared to the first two, as iconic as it may be.

Ballad of the Goddess and Skyloft are two major checks on the list! The Sky works, but Moldarach, hot damn, you chose a fantastic choice with that song. Even more so in that nobody else has used it thus far. Ocarina of Time Medley is also a good choice. Even if the Majora's Mask medley isn't perfect, this tried-and-true Brawl song makes up for it.

The only real nitpicks I have about your list is the lack of the Main Theme, which is simply a staple of the series that shouldn't be gone without. Hidden Village isn't exactly to my tastes (though I won't deduct you for it), but Lorule Field, coming from a handheld, really shouldn't be on a console stage.[/collapse]
[collapse="TumblrFamous"]Importance: 6/10
Variety: 9/10
Overall: 32

Ballad of the Goddess is great as always! The Sky is also a good addition, while Moldarach, yes, yes, yes, all of my yes. The Bazaar medley works well, too! Not a single handheld song in sight really helps as well (assuming we don't count Song of Storms as one, ehue). Speaking of which, kudos for finding a place for that! It's surprisingly fitting on an otherwise serene stage.

No Skyloft or Main Theme really hurts you, though. I do believe it's against regulations to have two medleys as well. Yes, Clock Town's 3 Days + Final Hours does count as a medley, as it's variations of a theme the same way Bazaar medley works in addition to having Final Hours (which doesn't even fit in, I feel). Faron Woods feels like filler, bulking the list with just a little bit too much Skyward Sword music. Hidden Village, while not a problem, isn't exciting to me either.

The fact that you include City in the Sky as a joke-pick shows you do have good taste, though. ;)[/collapse]
[collapse="Luco"]Importance: 9/10
Popularity: 7/10
Variety: 7/10
Fitting: 7/10
Overall: 30

Skyloft, Ballad of the Goddess, and Main Theme are all there--excellent start! The Sky fits in as well, as does Ghirahim's Theme.

However, both Lon Lon Ranch and the Windmill Hut are great songs on their own, having both and using neither Ocarina of Time Medley nor Brawl's Song of Storms feels like an immensely missed opportunity on both songs. Additionally, having Majora's Wrath, one of the most intense songs of the series, playing on a stage that lacks even a hint of darkness... Probably not the best idea. A lack of Wind Waker and/or Twilight Princess hurts too, I feel.[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[collapse=FalKoopa]
FROSTWRAITH
Importance: 9
Total: 35/40

A pretty good selection. All the songs are important to Zelda and popular and memorable. Kakariko Village fits surprisingly well, but I don't think Dark World and Lost Woods fit all that well with the environment of the stage, so I took off a few points because of them.

GROOSE
Importance: 8
Total: 33/40

The lack of the Zelda theme was a mistake. No idea why you took that risk. The medley was interesting, but I feel that it kinda fell apart because of 'City in the Sky'. The name fits, but it doesn't mesh well where the rest of the medley is from Skyward Sword. Clocktown and Ballad of the Wind Fish were good choices. Hidden Village was an odd pick, and I don't think it fits well.

SWAMPASAUR
Fit: 9
Total: 38/40

Simply put, I loved your list. The tracks from Skyward Sword are popular and important, and so are Clock Town and the Zelda Main theme. The shop/house theme was an odd pick, but I think it fits the atmosphere of the stage. The TP main theme doesn't quite fit the stage, but it's not a bad choice.

VENUS OF THE DESERT BLOOM
Importance: 7
Total: 28/40

Ballad of the Goddess, Songs of Skyloft, Hyrule Castle Town and The Sky were good choices. Wing Ceremony and Malo's Mart just seem a bit too cheery to fit the stage. Forest Haven and Malo's Mart aren't really important OR popular songs either. Still, it's not bad, but a bit too odd for my tastes. The lack of the Zelda theme also brought down the score.

HADES THE MAGNIFICENT
Importance: 10
Fit: 10
Total: 40/40
IT'S OVER GAIZ! HADES IS THE CLEAR WINNER LOSER HERE!

STARPHEONIX
Total: 37/40

One thing I remember from your list in the Skyloft round is that you were penalized for including too many songs from Skyward Sword. Anyways, Your list this time is great! All songs on the list are important and fit the stage well. Deku Palace is a personal favourite. The lack of the Zelda theme was surprising though.

TUMBLRFAMOUS
Total: 34/40
Moldarch's theme and Hidden Village don't really fit the atmosphere of the stage, and I think the Hyrule field from OoT would have been a better fit, but the rest of the list is good. As I mentioned it a few times in previous gradings, the Zelda theme should have been included.

LUCO
I liked the list; it has all of Skyward Sword's important songs and the Zelda Main theme but the rest of the songs didn't quite do it for me, save for Lon Lon Ranch. Majora's Wrath Battle and Ghirahim Battle don't fit that well with the atmosphere of the stage, and I think one track for OoT should have been sufficient.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Superyoshim]
Quick Note: Sometime during grading, we saw 5 of the confirmed songs for Skyloft. Even though we now know those tracks, I'm not going to let that influence my grades. As a whole, I think everyone did a fantastic job.

Frostwraith

Total: 37

Excellent job! What made your list really great is that all your songs are extremely important to the Zelda franchise and also very popular. You managed to fit in great tracks like Lost Woods and Tal Tal Heights. I thought you had a great variety in your music, spanning the whole Zelda series. However, I felt there were still a few games you could’ve included whose music could fit the track, like Wind Waker, but that’s mostly just nitpicking. For the most part, your music fit the stage, but I have to say, including the Dark World was pushing it a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I love the song and definitely want it in this game, but it’s just a bit aggressive for a peaceful stage like Skyloft. All in all, though, you did a fine job with your list.

Groose

Total: 39

You definitely did your name justice, Groose. Your list included almost all the great songs from Skyward Sword, and your medley allowed some very popular songs that could’t work as standalone tracks, such as Groose’s Theme, some recognition. Oh yeah, and you put in Ballad of the Windfish, which is, in my opinion, one of the greatest themes in video game history, so kudos for that. All your tracks also fit with the stage as well, which is quite the accomplishment and not the easiest thing to do on a peaceful stage like Skyloft. The only tiny flaw on your list is that like with Frostwraith above, you could’ve added a few tunes from a few other games in exchange for tracks we’ve already seen in Brawl, like Hidden Village and Temple. Besides that, you have a near perfect list, and you did a sublime job.

Swampasaur:

Total: 36

Sorry if we rushed you with the last list, Swampasaur, I now realize how painful judging can be. Anyways, you had a really solid list with you, including great tracks like Clock Town and The Sky. I even liked the Main theme of Twilight Princess, even though I’m partial to most of that game’s tracks (I’m a bad person, I know). Just like with the other contestants, I’m going to have to be a bit tougher on the variety category, as Zelda is such a huge franchise. You did a nice job with mixing it up, but you added quite a bit of skyward Sword tracks, and I thought that maybe you could insert a few more tracks from other games. Otherwise, I think you did a fine job and should be proud of your list.

Venus of the Desert Bloom:

Total: 35

Wow, talk about variety, I would’ve never thought of any of these songs myself! Because of this, you got a perfect 10 in that category. Starting of the list with a medley is definitely a step in the right direction, not to mention you have some fantastic tracks from Skyward Sword like the wing Ceremony and Romance themes, two very good tracks that could be heard quite early in the game. As far as the other tracks go, they’re nice, but could;t quite meet the standards of the tracks you added from Skyward Sword. Overall, you had a very nice list, with some songs I’d put on repeat for hours.

Hades:

Total: 40

Congratulations, you’re our first perfect score, and for good reason too! all of your tracks are popular staples of the Zelda franchise, and fit the stage very well. The variety between your tracks was outstanding, with subtle nuances to set them all apart. I’d be lying if I said this list wasn’t perfect, and I could top it. You sure have a great taste in music, Hades!

Starpheonix:

First of all, I have to commend you on adding a Majora’s mask medley, that’s just fantastic (even though it’s confirmed that we’re going to have OoT medley returning here). Other than that, you chose many good tracks, tracks that I couldn’t see this stage going without. The Lorule theme is essentially the same as the Dark World theme, and I said before in a previous entry that it seemed a bit to powerful for a peaceful stage like this. In conclusion, you had a nice list full of quality.

TumblrFamous:

Nice job with your list! You included some great tracks I’d expect to see, like Ballad of the Goddess and Koloktos and Modlarach’s theme. Also, having a Bazaar medley really mixes things up, so props for that. If I had to give your list one negative, it would be that some tracks are a bit too peaceful. granted, they’d fit Skyloft, but maybe not Super Smash Bros. However, because these tracks could be reorchestrated, I refrained from taking off too many points. Anyways, nice job with your list, you should feel good about it!

Luco:

You had an overall solid list throughout, including some great tracks from all kinds of Zelda games. I never would have thought to put in a track like Majora’s Wrath in a list for this stage, and for the most part, it fits in nice. Lon Lon ranch, while a good track, is a bit too peaceful for Smash, thought like with the above entry, I tried not to take off too many points due to the possibility of it being remade. Overall, you had a great list with a few surprises here and there.
[/collapse]
[collapse=BridgeswithTurtles]
Frostwraith
Importance:
Total: 37/40
A lot of variety in this list. You have some cheery tunes, some epic tunes, and some more foreboding ones as well. The use of Tal Tal Heights breaks the "rules" a bit, but it's only one use of a handheld song, so it doesn't hurt you too much. You really came out quick and hard with the big guns here. Ballad of the Goddess, Skyloft, Saria's Song, Ghirahim Battle, Dark World...all fan-favorite, AAA tracks. I feel that the Legend of Zelda Main Theme is a bit too safe, though, despite how necessary it may be, and the Ghirahim theme, while popular, wouldn't fit on this stage much at all, if you ask me. The tempo just wouldn't much up with the slower pace of the stage. I guess I'll state it clearly now: any list with Ghirahim's theme will get points in at least the popularity area, but I do not think it's fitting at all.

Groose
Importance:
Total: 30/40
You have a lot of very solid picks here (The Sky, Clock Town, Ballad of the Wind Fish), but yeah, I'm not too big on the medley. I'm not sure why it needed that many songs to begin with. Some of them, like City in the Sky, don't fit the stage at all, and just because the location it hails from was vaguely similar to Skyloft, doesn't mean the music fits. Fi's theme is a little weak for a fighting game. Romance in the Air and Groose's Theme can stand on their own as individual tracks even better than The Sky can, if you ask me. "Just because I can't imagine the medley flowing well doesn't change the fact..."...that half of the songs in it wouldn't even fit on the stage on their own. The Hidden Village and Temple add to your variety score, making it a solid 10. There's a wide range of musical styles here.

Swampasaur
Importance:
Variety: 6
Total: 29/40
You had a lot of heavy-hitters, such as the "Golden Four" from Skyward Sword (with Groose's Theme being the Fifth, I suppose), but also some hit-or-miss choices. The Shop/House medley fits the environment well, but perhaps not the pacing of the stage and the battle, and in conjunction with Clock Town, it brings down the variety a bit, as is the case with the Main Themes (series and Twilight Princess). You hit the nail on the head when it comes to popularity, however. These are all beloved and/or highly recognized tracks.

Venus of the Desert Bloom
Importance:
Variety: 7
Total: 25/40
This medley is far different from the norm. Considering the stage will likely transition at set times, this medley is probably possible to implement while maintaining a flow in tempo. Most of the tracks featured in the medley fit well enough, though The Goddess Sword is questionable. However, I do like the idea of the music becoming more somber and subdued during certain parts of the battle. You lose a bit in variety since Wing Ceremony is retreading upon the Ballad of the Goddess, and I don't think it's necessary to have The Sky along with either of the two. I love the addition of Romance in the Air as a standalone track. I think it's perfectly capable of carrying itself and it fits the stage just fine. Malo Mart and Forest Haven are questionably fitting. Castle Town is a good pick that fits both thematically and aesthetically. There are a lot of slower and calmer songs in this playlist, which is right up my alley, but to be fair, it could use a bit more variety in mood.

Hades
Importance:
Variety: 1
Total: 22/40
Perfect score in popularity because you can't go wrong in appealing to the masses with this playlist. You have Groose's Theme (objectively the best and most popular track in the series) in 7 different styles, so it's bound to appeal to everyone. In addition, you have the uber popular Ghirahim Theme, represented in all variations through a medley. Your Fit score is almost perfect, since Groose's Theme goes with everything, but that dratted Ghirahim Theme that keeps popping up costs you a point.

Starphoenix
Importance:
Total: 27/40
Ups and downs in this playlist. You have the core Skyward Sword staples in Ballad of the Goddess, The Sky, and Skyloft. The Moldarach/Koloktos theme is a nice alternative to the Ghirahim theme, as it is also quite popular. It's also not very fitting, however, in my view, but the pacing is a little bit more compatible with the stage than the alternative, I think. Hidden Village and Ocarina Medley round out the list for a good amount of variety, while the Majora's Mask medley tries its hand at being variable within itself, but aside from Clock Town, none of the tracks really stick with the stage, in my opinion. Not sure why you went with Lorule Field, since it's just a Dark World remix, but it comes from a handheld game (it doesn't hurt your variety, though). I like this playlist because it takes some risks and offers alternatives. However, aren't we only allowing one medley? I guess reusing a Brawl medley doesn't really count, but...

TumblrFamous
Importance:
Total: 27/40
A pretty middling list, I suppose. A jack-of-all-trades. You have the staple Goddess Ballad and Sky themes, but your three other Skyward Sword themes are variable. Faron Woods is a nice, unexpected choice with a decent amount of popularity, but I'm not sure it fits that well, but I can imagine it working as a sort of oddball track for the occasional match. It's good to see the Koloktos/Moldarach theme, which adds a good touch of variety. The Bazaar Medley, I feel, wouldn't fit the battle all that well, but it does fit the location, certainly. I'm surprised at all of the Hidden Village love. It adds some variety, and fits well enough. The ubiquitous Clock Town does well for your popularity, importance, and fit scores, and doesn't detract from variety. Good choice. It works well with the other tracks in the list. Song of Storms is a somewhat bittersweet end to the playlist. It doesn't feel right at home, but it's reasonable, and bodes well toward your sound diversity.

Luco
Importance:
Total: 31/40
4 heavy-hitters right off the bat puts you off to a good start in both importance and popularity. Majora's Wrath is a fantastic Clock Town alternative, but a little redundant with Ghirahim's Theme, especially given that I think it fits much better (better pacing and tempo). You can't go wrong with the main theme of the series. Lon Lon Ranch is a nice choice. Using the original version of Song of Storms was a smart move. I think it fits better here. Pretty good playlist for someone who's never played the game.

Well, there are my grades. Am I the only one bothered by the fact that all of these playlists are more appealing than the Smash Wii U one so far? I really don't think we needed two versions of the Goddess Ballad. The rock version just seems unnecessary, as the original fits just fine.
[/collapse]
[collapse=MaskO'Gears]
Frostwraith

Overall: 36/40

All Frostwraith’s tracks are great examples of Zelda music. I’m glad he included Tal Tal heights, Saira’s Song, and a personal favorite of mine, The Dark World. While some are relevant and popular, such as Ghirahim battle, they don’t quite fit as well as some other tracks.

Frostwraith starts us out with a great list.

Groose

Lots of great stuff here, I was blown away with all the great stuff! The melody was excellent, and Ballad of the Windfish would be a great choice. Clock Town sticks out the most, not only is it a popular song, but I also think it would fit in perfectly with Skyloft.

My complaints, however, are the lack of a Zelda Main theme, and the Hidden Village theme. Groose impresses us with a list worthy of his hometown.

Swampasaur

Interesting in its own right, Swamp gets perfect scores in Popularity and Variety, but suffers in the Fit and Variety, Important tracks, but not much deviation among the songs. What saved this list is the Shop/House theme. I personally would LOVE a remix of these two, and the domestic atmosphere of Skyloft would complement it. Once again, I just can't see Ghirahim on Skyloft....

While yes, It’s a Popular, Important, and GREAT track, I just can’t see it on Skyloft.

Now THIS is a good list! While some tracks may lack a tad of variety, Forest Haven and Hyrule Castle Town stick out to me. Malos’s Mart is a PERFECT track for this stage! My only criticism is all the Skyward Sword tracks… while it IS a Skyward sword stage; I feel a few other tracks (Clock Town, Dark World) would have fit in a little better.

Hades

Importance: 1

Popularity: 5

Variety: 0

Fit: 0

Overall: 6.

Hmmm…. Well, Hades gonna hate.

Starphoenix

Varity: 9

Once again, no Main Zelda Theme. :(

Most of the other tracks fit, but the Hidden Village sticks out the most, and in kind of a bad way. But I do like the Medleys… both have nice tracks that I think would fit in well, and Moldarach is a GREAT track! Lorule Field is new, and a nice re-orchestration of the Dark World. You get Nines all around.

TumblrFamous

Varity: 10

Nice tracks! I’m glad MM got some love on your list; The Sky and Song of Storms are some great choices… Hidden Village isn’t the best choice, IMO, I would have gone for anything else...

I’m going to have to dock you a few points, however, on no Zelda theme.

Luco

Varity: 9

Great list, but unfortunately, you, along with many others, included the Ghirahim battle tracks, which I just don’t think fits Skyloft. The MM boss theme is nice, but just a taaaadddd demented for the Skyloft stage. Everything lines up nice though, and you made some solid choices.

[/collapse]
[collapse=ViolenceMan]

Nice selection of iconic Zelda tracks! It could very well be a shoe-in for a Zelda's Greatest Hits collection; there is nothing here I would consider turning down the frequency of in My Music. That does however make the list feel a little too safe and predictable overall and while the music is all great, some tracks don't exactly gel as well with the stage's atmosphere as others.
Stand Out Tracks: Tal Tal Heights and Dark World.

You're right that the Medley is the hardest track to swallow; not because I can't imagine one song transitioning into the other, but the tonal shift back and forth feels like it would be too jarring to the ears. Otherwise, I like the choices you made here; I looked at screenshots of the Skyloft stage while listening to the music and I can see most of the tracks fitting well here, even among the odder choices, which I can definitely appreciate.
Stand Out Tracks: Clocktown and Ballad of the Windfish

A strong list with some really solid tracks. Some of the standard expected songs for this stage, but some curveballs too, to keep it interesting and seperate it from the pack. Shop/Inside A House is a crazy choice, but that good kind of crazy; I can hear the remix in my head and I can totally dig it.
Stand Out Tracks: Shop/Inside A House and Main Theme (Twilight Princess)
Overall: 29/40

I don't think my score accurately represents how much I do like this track list, but them's the breaks when you have certain criteria to fill. I do love how unique your list is, even if a couple songs fall a little short of their mark. All the songs work well with the stage atmosphere, but could have used more tracks that fit the idea of a fight. And of course, the list does lack some star power to help the Popularity and Importance categories.
Stand Out Tracks: Wing Ceremony and Ballad of the Goddess
Importance: 1
Popularity: 2
Variety: 1
Fit: 1
Overall: 5/40

You know, I would be almost be down for a Groose Medley track...

Very impressive list! I like all the choices you made here; as far as dark tunes go, Moldarach fits the stage better than Ghirahim's theme does, Popularity be damned. Every song fits well on the stage and I like the variety not just between source material, but also in tempo and emotion. Only negatives I have is the fact that it has two medley tracks (which I believe is a no-no) and that it lacks a real Megaton-Punch track to knock it out of the park.
Stand Out Tracks: Moldarach and Ocarina of Time Medley.
Overall: 33/40

Some songs here work better than others, but I like the list as a whole. I think your Bazaar medley is a pretty fun choice, but could have benefited by reaching out a little further with the song choices. Your choices are all strong pieces that would be prefectly servicable on the stage, I just would liked to see more stand out tracks.
Stand Out Tracks: Clock Town and Faron Woods
Overall: 33/40

Hey, not bad for a game you haven't played! You have a lot of nice, iconic zelda tracks here. I don't think they all fit the stage, but the ones that do are great additions. Lon Lon Ranch is an inspired choice, although I would personally like to see it remixed to be a little more up-tempo.
Stand Out Tracks: Lon Lon Ranch and Ballad of the Goddess.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Jumpman84]
Okay, my grades are here! Keep in mind that I finished these prior to the Smash Direct, for the most part. In the sake of fairness, I'm leaving them in tact. (That way, you see me make an idiot of myself. :p)

For my grading criteria, in addition to the four categories, I also factored into consideration the following:

GRC's winning tracklist
The Zelda stages in previous Smash titles
Swamp's "heavy hitters"

Swampasaur said:
Alright!. Every time we grade I'm gonna use the term "heavy hitters."
The term being used for songs I feel should definitely be there.
I feel Skyloft has three.
"Ballad of the Goddess"
"Skyloft"
"The Sky"
I feel those should be in all lists.
And the results I received on my own submission.
So, let my time in the spotlight not be wasted! :)

[collapse=Frostwraith]
Frostwraith
Total: 34
Notes: Right off the bat I get pretty good vibes from your list. The main theme should be required and I'll honestly be surprised if it isn't on this stage. Ballad is already confirmed and Skyloft is a heavy hitter. Ghirahim Battle is no doubt important and popular and adds some variety. From here, it gets a bit iffy. Saria's Song would definitely fit on Skyloft, but I feel it'd be better on Gerudo Valley. Same goes for Kakariko, as the OoT is the most popular. Plus the theme from LTTP kinda creeps me out (not your fault, of course). Personally, I prefer the air Village of the Blue Maidens for this one, which may fit better on Skyloft. It seems odd for the Dark World theme to show up in such a bright and cheery place, but it's essentially the main theme of Link to the Past. Tal Tal Heights would work better as either the Brawl version or on one of the handheld stages.

While you represented five Zelda games in total, I felt your list lacked reps from some important Zelda titles. In particular, some tracks from Zelda II, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, or Twilight Princess would have been nice. In fact, your list completely ignores two of the timelines! Another thing I noticed was the lack of any past tracks. The only one on your list was for the Main Theme and you indicated that as a rep for a new remix. It feels like a missed opportunity and as these tracks are important to Smash, I had to take some points. Regardless, you did a pretty good job. Better than I did, as a matter of fact.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Groose]
Groose
Notes: Groose, MAH BOI! These tracklists are what all true warriors strive for! And you live up to your impeccable reputation. Ballad is indeed confirmed and you have The Sky as a heavy hitter. You're right about Final Ghirahim: I can't say that it wouldn't fit. However, I can say that four tracks from Skyward Sword may be pushing it. Clock Town was on GRC's winning list and I agree that it would fit nicely. Hidden Village and Temple are good choices for returning tracks. Still, I wish you had gone with Great Temple/Temple, but that's a personal preference and Temple still is great. Also, Project M has a Skyloft stage that used to be known as Temple: M. So the connections are deeper than you think! ;P Ballad of the Windfish should be on one of the 3DS stages, in my opinion, but I'll let it slide as it's pretty awesome and was rumored to be cut from Brawl.

Now as for your medley... It's mostly good Skyward Sword music, with the exception of City in the Sky from Twilight Princess, which seems out of place, but it adds variety. Skyloft is a heavy hitter and is obviously the main track of this medley. My main problem with it is Groose's Theme... WHY would you relegate your own theme to a brief appearance in a medley?! You should be standing proud and allowing the theme to stand on its own as it should. Needless to say, I am disappointed. You got five Zelda games repped, which is pretty good, but it could have used more variety such as The Legend of Zelda, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Four Sword Adventures. In fact, you are missing representation from one of the timelines.

Speaking of games not repped, that brings me to the major flaw of your list (which you actually pointed out): the lack of the main Zelda theme. This theme is essential to not just the Zelda series, but to Smash as well. While your choices did fairly represent Melee and Brawl, you have left 64 out in the cold! But don't feel bad: you still scored pretty sky high and better than I did.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Venus of the Desert Bloom]
Total: 32
Notes: It's time for the Tracklist in Review! (Sorry, I just had to.) Ballad is confirmed, so it's good you have it. The Sky is a heavy hitter, so that's good. Wing Ceremony is certainly whimsical feeling, but I think having more than three tracks is pushing it. Same for Romance and I'm sorry to say that it doesn't feel like it'd fit a Smash battle. Forest Haven and Malos wouldn't be my top choices for the stage, but they work pretty well. The Town theme I feel would be a better fit for Gerudo Valley.

Now for the medley. The main theme is heavy hitter Skyloft, so that's good. I also like the idea of the theme changing when you land in a certain area. You also included Bazaar, which was on GRC's winning tracklist in there, so you have that going for it, as well. You only represented four Zelda games, however. Track selections from the Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, or Four Sword Adventures would have given your list good variety. In fact, you are missing representation from one of the timelines.

The other big issue with your list is your lack of returning tracks, most importantly the main Zelda theme. I cannot stress enough that the main theme is essential. The lack of Smash tracks also will cost you points, I'm afraid. All in all, it's a good list and you got a better score than I did.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Hades]
Hades
Importance: 2
Popularity: 2
Variety: 2
Fit: 2
Total: 8
Notes: Dear Goddess Pac-utena! This tracklist is.... awful. I can't believe that someone actually had the audacity to submit a tracklist this bad! It makes me wanna puke, actually. But nevertheless, I have to grade it... What's this? No Ballad of the Goddess? Even though it's confirmed? Yeah, that's an automatic zero. I needn't bother to go on, but I'm a nice guy, so we'll see if you can redeem yourself...

Well, you have Groose's Theme and your Ghirahim Medley is great. And... that's it. Your other "Groose songs" not only overdo it, but your comments are so disrespectful to such a great video game character that it makes me wanna punch you in the face. Obviously, there was no effort put in. And the worst part? You had only ONE track you needed to include to make this all worth it... and it's not even on there! I'm speaking about this track:

You know how the lack of this track makes me feel? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!! In any case, you should be grateful I gave you any points at all for a list that should have been disqualified. Even I was able to beat this list and I had a Nintendo Land song on mine.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Starphoenix]
Starphoenix
Notes: Well, this is a rare opportunity! A former contestant turned judge! For this one, let's take a look at the list you submitted way back then:

[collapse=Previous List]
Ballad of the Goddess
Skyloft
The Sky
Ghirahim Battle Theme
Moldarach / Koloktos Battle Theme
Levias Battle
Hidden Village (Twilight Princess)
Ocarina of Time Medley (Brawl)
[/collapse]

And compare it to now... well, both lists have Ballad, so you actually have a chance of winning (unlike Hades). You also have both Skyloft and The Sky as heavy hitters, which is great. Moldarach is also on both and it's a great track to have, considering that it's on GRC's list. However, while four is certainly better than the six you had before, it still feels like too much to me. Hidden Village and Ocarina of Time Medley are great returning tracks and I'm glad you kept them. Technically, Lorule Field should be on one of the handheld stages, but upon listening to it... it's a remix of Dark World from Link to the Past? If so, then it's a brilliant entry.

Now, as for your Majora's Mask medley... it has Clock Town in it, which was on GRC's winning tracklist, so it's fine by me. In total, you repped five Zelda games, which is okay, but it could have used more. Selections from The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Wind Waker, and Four Swords Adventures would be given more variety. (I'm counting Link Between Worlds as a Link to the Past rep.) In fact, you are missing one of the timelines.

The other major flaw is, of course, the lack of the main theme. This is the third time I have had to take points off for this. (Hades's was so abysmal that I spared him the embarassment.) Not to mention it means a lack of Smash 64 rep. Otherwise, this list shows that you learned from the previous list and made improvements. Great job!
[/collapse]

[collapse=TumblrFamous]
TumblrFamous
Total: 34
Notes: Hey, aren't you famous? On Tumblr? Okay, I'll stop. As for your list, you got Ballad, so you're not an idiot. :) The Sky is a heavy hitter, so that's good. Koloktos is on GRC's list, so that's good. I also liked Faron Woods and felt it would be a good fit. However, I feel that five songs is excessive. Hidden Village is a good track choice. Clock Town is on GRC's list, so it's a good one, too. Song of Storms is a good choice for a returning track, though it might be better suited for Gerudo Valley.

As for your medley, it features the Bazaar, which was on GRC's list, and the idea of an Item Shop medley is an interesting one. Your list, however, comes up short with only four game reps. Track selections from The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Link to the Past, Wind Waker, and Four Swords Adventures would have benefitted your list. In fact, you are missing reps from two timelines! The other major flaw... you know where I'm going with this, right? No Zelda main theme makes me a sad Pac-Man...

That's on top of not having a Smash 64 or Melee rep. I'm glad you had a Brawl one, but missing the others is kinda depressing. On a more positive note... I know you didn't want me to grade it, but I think City in the Sky, while an oddball choice, might have fit better on your list and you could have swapped out one of the Skyward tracks for it. Still, it's enough to receive a bonus point. All in all, you got a pretty good score. More than I got, for sure.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Luco]
Luco
Aren't you the guy who has a weird/interesting anecdote at the beginning of each list you judge? Maybe I should try that sometime. XD

Total: 33
Notes: You got the confirmed ballad, plus some heavy hitters in the form of Skyloft and Sky. Ghirhiram Battle is good, but four songs feels a bit much. I feel that the Majora's Wrath, while it is very intense sounding, could work with a rearrangement. Lon Lon Ranch would fit better on Gerudo Valley, in my opinion. Same goes for Song of Storms. Good, you have the main theme. And a returning track from Brawl, to boot. Wait... this isn't the Main Theme at all! This is Title (Legend of Zelda)! Not the same track at all. I'm a bit irritated with this misleading song title, but still... It's a good track.

So, let's tally up your game reps... four, eh? I feel like that's a bit low. Tracks from Zelda II, Link to the Past, Wind Waker, Four Sword Adventures, or Twilight Princess would have helped. You are missing reps from one timeline. Your lack of the main Zelda theme is not TOO bad, since you had the title theme, but only one returning track seems to be a missed opportunity. You did pretty good, though.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Swampasaur]
Swampasaur
Notes: Last, but certainly not least, is everyone's favorite judge, Swampasaur! Not only does he have Ballad, but also our heavy hitters Skyloft and Sky. Ghirahim Battle is great, but like I have said before, four tracks is a bit too much. Clock Town was on GRC's list, so no doubt that it isn't good. You have the main Zelda theme from Brawl... and this time, it actually is! Now, personally, I think that they won't reuse the Brawl theme and create a new rendition, but that won't affect your score. Twilight Princess's main theme is another excellent returning track.

As for your Indoors medley, while I think it's a catchy and clever medley, I think it would work better on Gerudo Valley. Sorry. :( On the semi-positive side, you repped five Zelda games in total. Choices from Zelda II, Link to the Past, Wind Waker, or Four Sword Adventures would have helped give more variety. You are missing representation from one timeline. Your Smash representation was pretty good, but you lacked a Melee rep. All in all, your list was excellent! In fact, yours tied with Groose's for the highest score! Congrats on a successful bonus round! I quite enjoyed it!
[/collapse]

In conclusion, judges are people, too. Even though their music tastes may not always match up to ours, they still do their best to try to be fair. Now enjoy an 8bit rendition of Skyloft! :)
[/collapse]
[collapse=Acsended]
Here's my grades:
Frostwraith:
Importance: 9/10
Fit: 9/10
Total: 36/40
Comments: A great all-around list here. I would be totally satisfied with this as it has a lot of my favorite songs and a lot of big important songs such as the Main Theme, Ballad of the Goddess, Saria's Song, and The Dark World. I also like that there's some slower, more peaceful songs such as Kakariko Village and Skyloft to balance it out.

Groose:
Importance: 8/10
Comments: My man! This is another pretty good list, but I think the main Zelda theme would have been beneficial to have here. I like the idea of the medley and the Ballad of the Wind Fish though.

Swampasaur:
Popularity: 7/10
Fit: 8/10
Total: 31/40
Comments: I like that you have Ballad of the Goddess, the Main Theme, and Ghirahim's battle theme, but the other songs don't really do it for me. While the Shop and House themes are mainstays of the series, I don't think they'd work well for a fighting game.

Importance: 5/10
Popularity: 6/10
Fit: 8/10
Total: 28/40
Comments: I like the idea of the touring song, but all the other songs seem like odd picks. The only BIG song in this list is Ballad of the Goddess. I would have liked to have seen the Zelda Main Theme, one of the Skyward Sword battle themes, and some more iconic songs from the other games. I can't see Forest Haven and Malo Mart making it in.

Hades:
Yeah... I'm pretty sure this is a joke entry. Moving on!

Starphoenix:
Comments: This is another really solid list. I like that you made a medley for Majora's Mask as well, and I think you picked some of the more iconic locations for that game. I like your Skyward Sword selection, and everything else looks good, but I would have liked to have seen the Zelda Main Theme on here.

TumblrFamous:
Importance: 7/10
Total: 32/40
Comments: I like that you brought Song of Storms back, I like the Bazaar Medley, but some of these other songs need to go. No Zelda Main Theme and why is everyone putting Clock Town and the Hidden Village on their lists?

Luco:
Importance: 9/10
Total: 36/40
Comments: Finally, a list without Clock Town! I think this is my favorite list so far. You've got the Zelda Main Theme, Ballad of the Goddess, Song of Storms, and Ghirahim's Battle Theme. The only song I don't think fits here is Lon Lon Ranch, but everything else is good.

So that's it. Would this be a bad time to say that I don't like the Clock Town music and am wondering why nearly everyone put it on their lists?
[/collapse]
[collapse=APC99]
Alright, so for a list to pass my test, you have to include:

-The Ballad of the Goddess
-The Sky
-The Zelda Main Theme

And must at least try to include diversity from other games, while still showing focus on Skyward Sword. And handhelds are a big no-no. Also, I’ll be very critical on this.

[collapse="Frost"]
Frostwraith

You have the Main Theme and Ballad of the Goddess, so that’s already fine with me. Skyloft, if remixed, will fit pretty well onto the stage, but in it’s current form it seems too relaxed for the stage, it lacks the “ADVENTURE” feel the other tracks give. Ghirahim Battle works great, as does Kakariko Village, which I think fits better than the actual Skyloft. And, although I prefer Saria’s Song on the Spirit Train, I believe that it works here, and as of now it has been confirmed for the stage, so good job predicting it. However, while Dark World and Tal Tal Heights certainly are adventurous songs, they work better on Gerudo Valley, and they both can be considered “handheld titles” if you get down to it. The Sky is missing as well, so I’ll have to deduct a point in Importance. I also noticed a lack of Twilight Princess tracks, and that the list mainly leans on Link to the Past for assistance, when other games can help add variety, like Zelda II and the aforementioned Twilight Princess, and most of LttP’s soundtrack is also available to the handheld stages thanks to the Link Between Worlds OST. However, all tracks are important and popular in the Zelda mythos, so that scores you in both categories. Overall, I give you a 35. [/collapse]

[collapse="Groose"]
Groose:
Overall: 38/40

Ballad of the Goddess is present, good. The Sky as well, so far so good. The medley does a good job of bringing it full-round, and in this case Skyloft’s peaceful tone is fixed by City in the Sky’s creepy ambiance, as well as the ever-popular Fi and Groose themes, and finally finishing off with Romance in the Air. Final Ghirahim feels very fitting for the stage, and I’m glad that it’s present. I can also see a rendition of Clock Town appearing, it makes way too much sense. The Hidden Village works very well with the stage, and has become one of my favorite songs after listening to it for the first time. Temple does apply to all 4 categories, but it doesn’t seem right to me. And Ballad of the Wind Fish, while it originates from a handheld, is a majorly important theme in the Zelda series, and the orchestration you provided is beautiful. Although, the main theme is missing, one commonly believed to be the most important theme in the Zelda series. So, the lack of that does ruin parts of it for me. Overall, an incredibly varied list that feels like it belongs on the stage. I give it a 38, because the lack of the Zelda theme when songs like the medley and Temple appear. However, you’ve introduced me to the wonderful music of Twilight Princess and Majora’s Mask, so I’m eternally thankful. Makes me kind of peeved I didn’t go Platinum for Club Nintendo last year. [/collapse]

[collapse="Swamp"]
Swampasaur:

Ballad of the Goddess, The Sky and Ghirahim Battle are present, so far so good. Skyloft needs a remix, otherwise it’s fine. Clock Town is amazing. The Shop medley does fit well, but I don’t think it’s the best track from Ocarina of Time to appear on the stage. The main theme is good, and the Twilight Princess theme works great. The songs, while plentiful, there’s nothing really special about this tracklist that sticks out to me. It’s a solid list, but it lacks something special, and that shop theme doesn’t really work for me. I give it a 37. [/collapse]

[collapse="Venus"]
Overall: 32/40

The Songs of Skyloft, while an interesting idea, I’m not sure if it’s possible to have the music change at command and still keep it flowing well. I think that a normal medley with the same songs would still be appropriate for the stage. Ballad of the Goddess and the Sky are present as well, seems good. Wing Ceremony takes me back, and definitely fits in the stage, but I feel the tracklist goes down from there. Forest Haven, while a perfectly fine tune, I don’t think that Wind Waker is a good match for the stage. Malo’s Mart is a rather... strange match for the stage, especially when other Twilight Princess themes, like the Hidden Village and the main theme. Romance in the Air is a song I can’t see carrying a fight. And while Hyrule Castle Town is a popular theme, I don’t think it really adds to much. Then there’s the fact that Zelda’s main theme is missing as well. Overall, while you have most of the essentials, the list has several strange choices that aren’t too popular or important, but are simply there for fit. [/collapse]

[collapse="Hades"]
Hades the Magnificent:
Importance: 15
Popularity: 15
Variety: 15
Fit: 15
Modifier: -45
Overall: 15/40

The amount of Groose-centered songs turns me away at the beginning, however the Ghirahim medley is very interesting, and something I’d like to see more often in tracklists. However, your sheer awesomeness has forced me to score you 60 out of 40, until I discovered you had no mercy towards the other contestants meaning they could'nt stand a chance against a god. So, to level the battlefield, I have a -45 modifier added to your score. Pleasse understand. [/collapse]

[collapse="Starphoenix"]
Starphoenix:

Ballad of the Goddess, The Sky and the Hidden Village are great additions. Skyloft is an OK pick, I can understand it though. Koloktos is a great addition that I would adore to see in Smash. Also incredibly happy to see Ocarina of Time Medley in the list (as well as in the real game). Lorule Field, however, is just the Dark World, but an amazing remix at that. I still see this variation fitting better on Gerudo Valley, though. The Majora’s Mask medley, while seeming a bit unnecessary, is a good fit for the stage, and I got chills the minute I played Stone Tower Temple. Overall, it’s a nice track, one I wouldn’t mind seeing at all in the game. But Dark World doesn’t seem like a good addition, and the main Zelda theme is missing from the list. [/collapse]

[collapse="Tumblr"]
TumblrFamous:

Ballad of the Goddess, The Sky, Koloktos, Clock Town and Hidden Village are all very effective picks. The Song of Storms is one I’m surprised to see, and it’s surprisingly fitting. However, Faron Woods is a bit too peaceful for the stage, in my opinion, and the Bazaar theme would need some major re-doing to make it work. We’re also missing the main Zelda theme, so that’s kind of depressing. Seriously, is it me? Is it you guys? Or is the Zelda theme not a top priority? UGH. Overall, plenty of popular and important picks, and great variety, but some songs don’t fit very well. [/collapse]

[collapse="Luco"]
Luco:

Well, last tracklist! Ballad of the Goddess, the Sky, Skyloft, Ghirahim Battle, the Zelda theme and Song of Storms are great picks! Lon Lon Ranch is... beautiful, man. I think it’d be this game’s Midna’s Lament. Majora’s Wrath, while a good tune, I feel it doesn’t fit the stage as well as other tracks from Majora’s Mask do. Overall, while having a lot of popular picks, Majora’s Wrath and Lon Lon Ranch aren’t too important to the Zelda mythos, even if they’re amazing songs. A solid 36. [/collapse]

So, in my opinion:

1. Groose
2. Swampasaur/ Starphoenix
3. TumblrFamous/ Luco
4. Frostwraith
5. Venus of the Desert Bloom
6. Hades the Not-So Magnificent
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

No one liked the medley I thought of...

Oh well....

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

No one liked the medley I thought of...

Oh well....
....I did.

Congrats to Frostwraith on his victory. Still, I think all the judges (except Hades) did a great job on this bonus round. Hopefully, you guys think I did a good job as a judge...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The other issue is the confirmation that 3DS stages will only have 2 music tracks for each stage. Are we still going to use 3DS stages for the sake of fun and variety?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I nominate that we do, at least until Smash 3DS' release. At the very least, we can start treating the contest as more of a "Smashboards' Predicted Music" thread, with the winning list being the pool to look from.

Heck, if there's demand for it, I don't see why we couldn't be the contest that "improves" upon Smash 3DS' music. We'd just have to throw in the two confirmed tracks as requirements.

Wii U music, of course, would go just the same as it always has.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We're gonna keep it at eight for funsies.

However, from now on, pick the "two tracks" that you think will be chosen.

Wii U stages will be treated the same.

The contest will be back to normal once the weekend is over.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Heck, if there's demand for it, I don't see why we couldn't be the contest that "improves" upon Smash 3DS' music.
Personally, I don't think they'll be room for improvement. But we'll wait and see...

We're gonna keep it at eight for funsies.

However, from now on, pick the "two tracks" that you think will be chosen.

Wii U stages will be treated the same.

The contest will be back to normal once the weekend is over.
Are we going to push on to the next round or have do-overs for previous rounds? Has the winning judge list been added to the Youtube channel? What about the songs confirmed in the Direct on their respective stages?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Things haven't been updated and won't be for a while. :p

Don't worry though. Things will get updated before you know it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For your information, the next stage isn't decided yet.

Feel free to make guesses... (Even though we'll be reading them and throw a curve ball at you all. Ha ha. :troll:)

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
As much I'm not bothered about Animal Crossing, that's probably the next ideal stage you'll choose. A choice between two individual stages on both Wii U and 3DS, I'm surprised you haven't used one yet.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
As much I'm not bothered about Animal Crossing, that's probably the next ideal stage you'll choose. A choice between two individual stages on both Wii U and 3DS, I'm surprised you haven't used one yet.
Please! I've been waiting for this!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmm... I'd love to do Boxing Ring... a combination of generic and Punch-Out! music...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I apologize guys...

The new round is going through some hiccups.

Surprisingly, not my hiccups! :awesome:

Ascended

Smash Ace
Hmm... I'd love to do Boxing Ring... a combination of generic and Punch-Out! music...
The fun thing about the Boxing Ring is there's a lot of Nintendo boxing/fighting games that you can draw music from. Teleroboxer, Pro Wrestling, Rhythm Heaven, Joy Mech Fight, etc.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The fun thing about the Boxing Ring is there's a lot of Nintendo boxing/fighting games that you can draw music from. Teleroboxer, Pro Wrestling, Rhythm Heaven, Joy Mech Fight, etc.
The Big N sure loves it's American Boxing, huh? :p

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
God, there's so many epic choices for the next round, Tortimer Island, Lumiose City, Tomodachi Collection, Gerudo Valley, Find Mii, Balloon Fight, Rainbow Road...

I mean, I'd personally love to do Final Destination (Wii U) right now, and that would feel cool and fitting after the Direct, even if we would do two Wii U rounds one after another. It's like the first time we get an actually-awesome FD.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Bans for everyone! You're banned! You're banned! Brawler s getting a triple ban and a horrible name change!

I was going for a more experimental, out-of-the-box approach with songs that I feel would make interesting additions. For example, my favorite track in Brawl is easily "Calling to the Moon" and I love played that on Shadow Moses Island. Songs like Forest Haven and Romance in the Air are rather peaceful songs but I felt they carried a certain niche for those who appreciate those songs on a stage. As well, I was kind of going for light-hearted or positive songs as Skyloft is a peaceful place untouched by evil with a few exceptions. With the stage soaring in the air, I wanted to include songs that sort of portray this idea The Forest Haven since Toon Link uses the Deku Leaf here, Malo Mart because the sky is the limit for the little guy, Castle Town since it is just so pleasant.

I severely underestimated how not having a Zelda theme song as well as having more than a few SS tracks would hurt me. Regardless, it was fun ans thank you to the judges for helping score! even if I was one of the lowest scored....

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Bans for everyone! You're banned! You're banned! Brawler s getting a triple ban and a horrible name change!

I was going for a more experimental, out-of-the-box approach with songs that I feel would make interesting additions. For example, my favorite track in Brawl is easily "Calling to the Moon" and I love played that on Shadow Moses Island. Songs like Forest Haven and Romance in the Air are rather peaceful songs but I felt they carried a certain niche for those who appreciate those songs on a stage. As well, I was kind of going for light-hearted or positive songs as Skyloft is a peaceful place untouched by evil with a few exceptions. With the stage soaring in the air, I wanted to include songs that sort of portray this idea The Forest Haven since Toon Link uses the Deku Leaf here, Malo Mart because the sky is the limit for the little guy, Castle Town since it is just so pleasant.

I severely underestimated how not having a Zelda theme song as well as having more than a few SS tracks would hurt me. Regardless, it was fun ans thank you to the judges for helping score! even if I was one of the lowest scored....
I thought Malo Mart was perfect... and I liked the WW song.
:/

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure Calling to the Night is pretty popular...at least what I have seen from MGS fans it seems to be up there with Snake Eater for example.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Woah! They brought this back!

Either way, that is a clue!

A clue for...

ROUND THIRTEEN: Prism Tower (3DS)

UNIVERSE: Pokémon
GAME OF ORIGIN: Pokémon X and Pokémon Y (3DS, 2013)
Hooray! Pokemon!

As of right now, there are no confirmed tracks for this stage, however, several Pokémon themes have been included in these upcoming games. These include:

Name: Pokémon Stadium
Universe: Pokémon / Super Smash Bros
Game of Origin: Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue (GB, 1998) / Super Smash Bros Melee (NGC, 2001)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awayMiW9zpk

Name: Poké Floats
Game of Origin: Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue (GB, 1998) / Super Smash Bros Melee (NGC, 2001)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS5OGrmE8j0

Name: Pokémon Main Theme
Game of Origin: Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue (GB, 1998) / Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii, 2008)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaaD9CnWgig

Name: Battle! Trainer!
Universe: Pokémon
Game of Origin: Pokémon X and Pokémon Y (3DS, 2013)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOtktDIVApg (Original)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoQfW8NvT_k (Fan Made Remix based on the remix heard in Greninja's Trailer)
Okay, since we don't actually know if these songs appear on the stage... we won't force you to have any of these on your list. However, they are here for your convenience.

Gotta list em all!

Also, does anyone know how to make the E with the accent? Frost Rules!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, does anyone know how to make the E with the accent?
Want me to make you jealous of my Portuguese keyboard? I can do one of these in just two key presses! Ha! :smirk::troll: (I'm joking! Please don't hurt me! :c)

Unfortunately, if you're using an American keyboard, you can't type accented characters. Anyway, you can access the "Character Map" application (if you're using a Windows OS) and you can select any and all special characters a font can offer.

But I'm gonna save you work this time, so here you go: é. Copy and paste it wherever you like. You can also have an uppercase one: É.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So many beautiful little accents!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So many beautiful little accents!
These accented characters are what my keyboard can insert: áéíóúýàèìòùãõñçâêîôûäëïöüÿ.
I can also insert the accents themselves: ´ ` ~ ^ ¨

Not all of those are used in Portuguese, though, but they are used in other languages, mainly from Europe. You might recognize the ñ from Spanish or the ü from German, for example.

If you're curious, the only accented characters used in Portuguese are: á é í ó ú à ã õ â ê ô ç. Most of them are also used in French, but the ones with a ~ are exclusively used in Portuguese, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom