• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Some of the new controllers have this dumb snapback thing where you press left and it'll make you turn right afterwards (and vice versa), makes b-reversals, pivots, dash dancing REALLY hard to do and makes spacing much harder.

:king:
This. My current controller is guilty of this.

Also the R trigger doesn't work properly. ><

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
and yeah i would have loved to come if it wasnt in scunthorpe :p i dont drive and i live in kent :) it was pretty much doomed :p, but ill probably be dragging my weak *** to some of the monthlies

The_Rake

Smash Lord
im entitled to holidays, which ive had all of now/booked, besides, most saturdays i have off I use to play in yugioh tournies, I actually win/consistantly place top in those xD

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
im entitled to holidays, which ive had all of now/booked, besides, most saturdays i have off I use to play in yugioh tournies, I actually win/consistantly place top in those xD
Really, the place where we host the Thursday evening brawl tournaments also do yugioh on Monday evenings.

Well I'd say at least try for my tournament in January, that's gonna be HUGE, so many new brawlers I can absolutely guarantee that. Book it but the worse they can say is no, you have nothing to lose at the end of the day, especially if you book it from NOW.

And that ^^^^ goes to everyone as well!

The_Rake

Smash Lord
lol lets not have this argument xD
Im always gona say YGO is better, ive played magic and warcraft, theyre good, dont get me wrong, i just prefer yugis :p

Roller

Smash Legend
I've played both as well. I used to play MtG extremely competitively, but it got wayyyy too expensive. Was taking up all my money. ;;

Yugioh just seems a little more simple/straight forward to me than Magic. But maybe that's just me..

The_Rake

Smash Lord
wouldnt call it straightforward really, theres a lot of technical aspects about it, although there are decks that can basicly play themselves. But its about knowing when to push and when to be conservative and not over extend yourself.
Yea the price of cards always starts being a *****, i dont buy cards myself anymore, decided that if im placing top in tournies and qualifying for european championships then i dont need to buy any now so if i need any just offer loads for what i need xD

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
the problem with yugioh is that you can conserve through out the whole game. you only really need to push if you have no other choice or it will win you the game (i.e. the opp has nothing on the field/no threat).

yugioh is an auto pilot game, dont get me wrong, MTG is trash.

get at me :)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
lol lets not have this argument xD
Im always gona say YGO is better, ive played magic and warcraft, theyre good, dont get me wrong, i just prefer yugis :p
It's because you're a weeaboo.

Nandesuka hakando sushi BANZAIIIIIIIII

ohhhhhhh?

The_Rake

Smash Lord
says the guy that never goes to the big man tourneys
lol son, went to 2 regionals and went 5-2 at both, would have been at nats if i had holiday days at work and would have been at european champs if my car didnt breakdown. Some of us can qualify for real tournies that dont require participants to just turn up ;)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
rake, have you thought of the concept of calling a sick day?
or do you still work with your mum? cause then its not possible to do that XD

also all card games are trash because you have to spend a ****load of money to have anything decent, my oldskool pikeying ways wont cut it

The_Rake

Smash Lord

also all card games are trash because you have to spend a ****load of money to have anything decent, my oldskool pikeying ways wont cut it
really need moneyz atm, would be different if any of the shifts i did were short but theyre all long and hence worth a lot of money for each.

Also really isnt the case anymore since the 2 most important and expensive cards usable in 95% of all decks (60-80 and 45-55 pounds respectively) were released in tins (now 4 and 6 quid for those versions)

C.R.Z

Smash Lord

cardfight vanguard is the cheapest and the deepest card game available, no johns GP

Heartstring

Smash Legend
really need moneyz atm, would be different if any of the shifts i did were short but theyre all long and hence worth a lot of money for each.

Also really isnt the case anymore since the 2 most important and expensive cards usable in 95% of all decks (60-80 and 45-55 pounds respectively) were released in tins (now 4 and 6 quid for those versions)
ah fair enough, still must make sure not to work your life away and have fun!

lol yeniths, implying i live in an area of the country which does yugioh, there is only one shop in the entire county which sells yugioh cards specifically (tescos always sells tins and ****) and im fairly sure it closed down since i last went over a year ago

no johns, i dont find them fun

The_Rake

Smash Lord
prob with tesco though is that they missed a few tins, dont really sell boosters either. if i ever buy tins though i go from there cos of discount, otherwise just not worth it

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yo guys its time to book for the final event of the year, you cant miss this one.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312299

Get booking early so you only have to pay £10 instead of £20!! HOW GODLY IS THAT?? Il be seeing you all there anyway cuz flakers arent allowed.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
no lies kmac, that was god tier!!! i wanna lear nyan cat now xD

its so damn fast though :p so hard to play xD can just about do the first line

also kyle, i love how tac nayn just says ****** ****** ****** ****** mine xD

Roller

Smash Legend
I've decided that I like reading your posts in the British accents that I assign each of you. So I'll be hanging around for a bit. =o

And sounds like a pretty legit group you guys have going. Hopefully the rest of europe comes out just as strong or more. Looking forward to playing a lot of international players.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I've decided that I like reading your posts in the British accents that I assign each of you. So I'll be hanging around for a bit. =o

And sounds like a pretty legit group you guys have going. Hopefully the rest of europe comes out just as strong or more. Looking forward to playing a lot of international players.
oh lol, see i cant help but feel that ive ended up with a victorian orphan accent, because accoridng to the pony board, thats how most of them hear me speak
the rest say they imagine me talking like ricky gervias, odd bunch they are

and i look forward to a money match with the original roller

Top Bottom