• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bingo! (Work in Progress)

Which Bingo Card option shall we go with?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright, for a while now, the thought of making a game of Bingo in regards to character reveals has been in my head, starting from when the concept was brought up in my Speculation Chart thread.

And with character reveals slowly ticking down, there's no better time than now.

There's not much to this now, since it's barely worked through, but there are two plans I am contemplating between:

Plan A: The Bingo Cards are Brawl Veteran exclusive on 4x4 format; since there are (at this point in time) 18 Brawl veterans not yet confirmed, two will be excluded at random from each card.

Example:

Plan B: The Bingo Cards are traditional 5x5 format, and will include the 18 Brawl veterans not yet confirmed, 6 extra choices of characters for each participant (these can range from Newcomers like Ridley or returning Veterans like Mewtwo), and a Free Space in the center of the card with the participant's username.

Example:

(For the actual cards, character pictures will be used instead.)

Regardless of which plan is voted upon, here are the rules.

-Whenever a character is announced, they will be marked on all cards in the game they are present.
-When all characters in a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line are marked, the owner of the card scores a Bingo.
-Characters that are confirmed not to be playable (more pointed towards non-Brawl Veterans) are rendered "dead" and prevent any Bingo using them in the line as well as a Blackout. Choose wisely.
-When all characters on a card are marked, the owner scores a Blackout.

It's simple. Sadly, there are really no prizes to give (unless an Admin wants to step in on that front), so it's more for fun and passing time and for bragging rights.

Scoring:

First to get Bingo: 10 pts
Any Bingo after that: 5 pts
First to get Blackout: 30 pts
Any Blackout after that: 15 pts

May the odds be ever in your favor!
....after the decision for the format is voted upon.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
B's the only way to go. Makes the whole thing more personalized. That, and it'll be just another little way I can celebrate whenever we get a cool newcomer. Oh, and the "username" space needs to have your avatar on it.

-also spot claiming for something witty and important later or something-

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd definitely go with B, it allows for more randomness and personal input on the Bingo cards, so if someone gets Bingo it'll feel more special to them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Would you rather me not do my job?

Also...

-also spot claiming for something witty and important later or something-
Some witty comment. :troll:

...sonuva....

How did I not know that thread existed? 0_o
I need to join in if possible ASAP!

Oh, and uh...go ahead and lock this one.....
It only sees activity when newcomers are shown, so its easy to miss.

Still, I'll lock this as requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom