• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Smash Ball Frequency

Fools Requiem

Smash Cadet
Trying to do the "View Every Fighter's Final Smash" challenge, I assumed you can't do it in practice because I feel I would have already accomplished that so I'm trying to see all of the Final Smashes in normal Smash modes. Turned off all items except for Smash Balls and set it to high, and yet the frequency of Smash Balls coming up in so infrequent, I feel like I'm wasting my time.

I can't remember if Smash Balls were more frequent when the game came out of it I'm just remembering how often you see them in Brawl, but it seems so infrequent, it's baffling. I'm playing 3 minutes matches. One match, a smash ball appeared with 1:45 left on the clock. Switched it to two minute matches thinking it I would get one within the time and be in and out quicker, never saw a smash ball. Switched it back to 3 minutes, didn't appear until ~1:15. Next match, still set at 3 minutes, no smash ball. What gives? Am I missing something?

Notshane

Smash Ace
Trying to do the "View Every Fighter's Final Smash" challenge, I assumed you can't do it in practice because I feel I would have already accomplished that so I'm trying to see all of the Final Smashes in normal Smash modes. Turned off all items except for Smash Balls and set it to high, and yet the frequency of Smash Balls coming up in so infrequent, I feel like I'm wasting my time.

I can't remember if Smash Balls were more frequent when the game came out of it I'm just remembering how often you see them in Brawl, but it seems so infrequent, it's baffling. I'm playing 3 minutes matches. One match, a smash ball appeared with 1:45 left on the clock. Switched it to two minute matches thinking it I would get one within the time and be in and out quicker, never saw a smash ball. Switched it back to 3 minutes, didn't appear until ~1:15. Next match, still set at 3 minutes, no smash ball. What gives? Am I missing something?
I do believe that Smash Balls had a very high complaint about appearing too often, alongside their power.

Their solution was to, even if set on Very High, to make them spawn sporadically. In some matches they spawn often; in others, not. It's mostly to "balance" them, even going so far as to weaken the damage of certain combo finishers where they only do forty as maximum for the most part.

Long story short, yes there is a difference in the Smash Balls.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Well, that's no fun...

So there's no way increase the frequency?
Well, me and my friends tried playing with only Smash Balls on very high once. Very Low, Very High, no other items. The frequency never really increased. And, truthfully, I have rarely ever seen more than two show up in the same round, ever.

Top Bottom