• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Mist was Ike's cousin or something?
OH YOU STUPID IGNORANT NOT-AN-FE-OBSESSED-NERD-PERSON! You soooooo shtupid! It's like, his sister! Durrrrrrr.

Whatever. And I say wario because they're practically going by the tier list's most interesting entries- they did the bottom tiers but other than that note the order they do it in isn't really random, and Wario's the only high-tier they haven't done yet.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I hate when people use metaknight because he's such an easy character to pick up and start doing well with almost immediately.

Joxer

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJej6kCgxVM
OH YOU STUPID IGNORANT NOT-AN-FE-OBSESSED-NERD-PERSON! You soooooo shtupid! It's like, his sister! Durrrrrrr.

Whatever. And I say wario because they're practically going by the tier list's most interesting entries- they did the bottom tiers but other than that note the order they do it in isn't really random, and Wario's the only high-tier they haven't done yet.
But sonic would make sense because of his interesting history and fan base.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm afraid of the Sonic discussion. It could bring about the hugest facepalm on the Sonic boards since the tier list was announced, or it could bring an onslaught of facepalms (onslaught of newbies in the Sonic boards) for weeks to come.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
"facepalm""facepalm""facepalm""facepalm""facepalm""facepalm""facepalm"

And more to come.

Banee

Smash Cadet
As much as I'd like to think that the SBR can keep bias out of their discussions, it is hard to argue with this.
Not sure why you would think they would be unbiased at all. Get some perspective here, these arent trained judges or mediators these are TO's and people who are good at smash. Why would you connect the quality of being less biased to that group of people (atleast moreso than any other average person)? From what I gather, they dont even have a very diverse group of mains in the backroom.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Gather all you want, cuz we got a BRAIN TRUST going on in hyere!

also, the SBR hates characters that suck. We do not distinguish by character. and by SBR I mean me.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
I'm afraid of the Sonic discussion. It could bring about the hugest facepalm on the Sonic boards since the tier list was announced, or it could bring an onslaught of facepalms (onslaught of newbies in the Sonic boards) for weeks to come.
Look on the bright side - it'll be a great chance to correct the SBR when they're wrong! I know there are some discussions where I learned more from knowledgeable people outside the SBR, ;)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

also, the SBR hates characters that suck. We do not distinguish by character. and by SBR I mean me.
yeah, I know that has something to do with the hint.

Or not. I just can't seem up to it this week. Anyone wanna look past "it must be Sonic/Wario?"

EDIT: whoops, don't know how that happened.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Am I the only one that stopped caring about this topic when their character was done? :p

Tenki

Smash Hero
It could just be me/for my region or something, but I had a combination of an lol and a wtf reaction to the 3rd result of searching for "Fox for Sex" on google.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
It could just be me/for my region or something, but I had a combination of an lol and a wtf reaction to the 3rd result of searching for "Fox for Sex" on google.
"Taylor Marsh: O'Reilly & Fox Sell Sex -
14 Nov 2007 ... Well, if the business of selling sex 24/7 is what Fox has decided to do then they're right on target. There's a reason the video at the top ..."

somehow I doubt that that's what came up in your search...

please tell us what it was, oh mysterious one. :0

and I concur to the "it's always Ike" reasoning, even though it's not Ike.

*waits to get quoted 10 times while getting lol'd at and told how wrong I am on monday*

darkserenade

Smash Ace
About that Fox thing...

It's officially Sonic. The ads, that "Because Fox..." guy's sig (future ZANDBAG player), the character battle VII, they all mesh together.

Steak is better than spam.

Tenki

Smash Hero
google result
You have to use quotation marks lol. I didn't get that in my page at all until I took the quotes out.

"
Female Teachers Having Sex With Students
According to sources, the student propositioned Fox for sex during that chat. Fox was reluctant at first, but eventually agreed to meet the student at her ..."

So it was bolded, in true Google nature, and I literally thought someone sent a message saying "Fox for sex" in a chat or something.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace

Overswarm hates Link. qq qq qq qq Lee Harris plays Ganon... I mean, Ganon has some pretty big suck factors. He is one of the most fun characters to play, if not the most fun though.

ftl

Smash Journeyman

fissionprime

Smash Apprentice
it still seems like it would have to be sonic or wario, but i would say sonic because you need to go through a couple more links to get to him, and that seems to be one thing these hints have made us do a lot.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Everyone ignore this like you have been, its not like it totally fits or anything.
Actually, I'm gonna change my mind back to this. "Fox for sex" seems like the common response to "Why is Misty?", as far as the meme is concerned. Furthermore, the original "Fox for sex" post was by The_Golf_Elf and he had a "I main Zandbag" thing as his sig in that post, so that could very well be what Misty found while looking next to a sandbag.

Q: Why is Misty?
A: Because Fox for sex.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Actually, I'm gonna change my mind back to this. "Fox for sex" seems like the common response to "Why is Misty?", as far as the meme is concerned. Furthermore, the original "Fox for sex" post was by The_Golf_Elf and he had a "I main Zandbag" thing as his sig in that post, so that could very well be what Misty found while looking next to a sandbag.

Q: Why is Misty?
A: Because Fox for sex.
I thought infzy was just adding in that "A:" (for answer) in front of it, but...it's part of the hint. @_@

This makes the most sense to me.

I switch my vote from Sonic to Fox.

And use the magical properties of my, uh...528th post to make me right.

Yeah, it wasn't as cool as 500. :/

Hopefully the SBR can use the extra time not discussing Sonic to read the stickies. :(

It's weird saying that.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'll go for Fox.

I was hoping for a barrel roll though:urg:

EDIT: Did anyone follow it to that youtube vid I mentioned a few pages back?

EDIT2: Because a theme does seem to be three word answers.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Meh...no real idea but..here's my guesses

PKT: Misty from the anime of Pokemon. Very obvious

Fox: The answer of that bizzare question

Sonic: The 500th post in this thread was someone guessing Sonic and 500 was being bantered about by that Why is Misty? thread (yes I'm clutching at straws)
Edit: Sonic is technically an invasion from beyond because...well he isn't from the Nintendo universe

Yoshi: Because it is ALWAYS that ruddy dinosaur

I'm looking forward to the discussion if it is about Sonic. I know how much the SBR love Sonic. Should be interesting

CR4SH

Smash Lord
You have to use quotation marks lol. I didn't get that in my page at all until I took the quotes out.

"
Female Teachers Having Sex With Students
According to sources, the student propositioned Fox for sex during that chat. Fox was reluctant at first, but eventually agreed to meet the student at her ..."

So it was bolded, in true Google nature, and I literally thought someone sent a message saying "Fox for sex" in a chat or something.

ROFL.

More evidence for this week's character being brock obama. It's obvious people, get with it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
ROFL.

More evidence for this week's character being brock obama. It's obvious people, get with it.
It's not very related to this, but I got a call from Democrats asking me if I was supporting Obama, and if I needed a ride.

I told the lady I was supporting Brock Obama, but she didn't get it.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
That is exactly what i was thinking.... if anything this and the last hint are too short. :/ when will the next big hint be up from you Overswarm?
I agree too. These two hints were extremely easy. I want another hint like that puzzle. And I suggest not allowing anyone to post the answer if they got it. This will make it more surprising.

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's not very related to this, but I got a call from Democrats asking me if I was supporting Obama, and if I needed a ride.

I told the lady I was supporting Brock Obama, but she didn't get it.
Pure awesome. Can't wait to see some rock-type Pokémon fighting in Iraq.
Basically, [this].

These two hints were extremely easy.
O RLY? So what's your vote, then?

I'm going Fox, reasons as stated.... but I have this nagging feeling that there's more of a trail we haven't followed...... >.>

Also, should be fun if Overswarm uses my parts of his upcoming hint..... I wonder if ppl will be stuck :laugh:

Top Bottom