• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
A good Midwest player. DDD I believe. He's... what? Consistently top 5? Anther and Ankoku typically knock him out.
Negative. The only people that usually knock him out are Anther and NoJ. Lain is currently #3 in MI (behind Anther and NoJ obviously), and he switched mains from G&W to ICs/DDD. He's a really great player, probably one of the best ICs players out there, and he was even one of the better G&Ws out there when he used him.

Its... weird to complement Lain. I'll have to make fun of him more than usual next time he comes over.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Whoops. Well EXUUUUSE me princess panda. I was going to say top three but I was playing it safe. I got mixed up on people though. I thought Ankoku was 5-3 against him? I haven't seen him in the AiB chat forever.....
I forgot about Joel honestly. LMAO

Hoser

Smash Ace
So I just googled "Why is Misty", and the first result was:

Why is Misty May-Treanor is nicknamed "Turtle"? - Yahoo! Answers

Turtle=Squirtle

COINCIDENCE?!?!?!

>>
<<

Probably

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Negative. The only people that usually knock him out are Anther and NoJ. Lain is currently #3 in MI (behind Anther and NoJ obviously), and he switched mains from G&W to ICs/DDD. He's a really great player, probably one of the best ICs players out there, and he was even one of the better G&Ws out there when he used him.

Its... weird to complement Lain. I'll have to make fun of him more than usual next time he comes over.
He has improved quite a bit, but I've found making fun of him pre-game makes him nervous. Then I scream "I'M IN YOUR HEAD LAIN" mid-game and he falls apart.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
just giving my little opinion here.

remember back when OS said that they're giving us the moon and we're looking at it with a microscope? I think that might be the case here. you see at first we came to the conclusion that it was Fox since that was the fourth(?) reply in that Melee topic on Gamefaqs. then someone found something more complex that just lead into even more answers. it seems a little too complex to me, so until someone finds an answer that seems more correct I'm just gonna stick with Fox, but as I said I could easily be wrong.

also @ Overswarm: dang, gotta try that in a match some time!

WouW

Smash Lord
I think it's Wario.

The hint says: 'Why is Misty?' If you google that, the first page is a topic in Gamefaqs' SSBM board titled 'Why is Misty'? posted by Hylian and the post contains: 'Searching for an Invasion From Beyond?' In Gamefaqs' Invasion From Beyond board Hylian posts: 'Look what Misty found... While looking next to a Sandbag.' Both posts are made a week ago, by the way.
And in Character Battle Seven, seen on the main page of Gamefaqs, you see Sandbag in the banner, with Kirby (already taken) and Wario.
So I think it's Wario.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Sounds good to me.
So,

Q: Why is Misty Searching for an Invasion From Beyond?

A: Look what Misty found... While looking next to a Sandbag.

And the character is Wario. Feel free to out-do that explanation.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I think it's Wario.

The hint says: 'Why is Misty?' If you google that, the first page is a topic in Gamefaqs' SSBM board titled 'Why is Misty'? and the post contains: 'Searching for an Invasion From Beyond?' In Gamefaqs' Invasion From Beyond board he posts: 'Look what Misty found... While looking next to a Sandbag.' And in Character Battle Seven, seen on the main page of Gamefaqs, you see Sandbag in the banner, with Kirby (already taken) and Wario.
So I think it's Wario.
thats too intricate and long, I still think its pokemon trainor

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
So I just googled "Why is Misty", and the first result was:

Why is Misty May-Treanor is nicknamed "Turtle"? - Yahoo! Answers

Turtle=Squirtle

COINCIDENCE?!?!?!

>>
<<

Probably
you mean...

misty may-TRAINER?????????

i don't really care, i just hope pt is split into three weeks :(

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I think it's Wario.

The hint says: 'Why is Misty?' If you google that, the first page is a topic in Gamefaqs' SSBM board titled 'Why is Misty'? posted by Hylian and the post contains: 'Searching for an Invasion From Beyond?' In Gamefaqs' Invasion From Beyond board Hylian posts: 'Look what Misty found... While looking next to a Sandbag.' Both posts are made a week ago, by the way.
And in Character Battle Seven, seen on the main page of Gamefaqs, you see Sandbag in the banner, with Kirby (already taken) and Wario.
So I think it's Wario.
I posted this already...

so obviously I agree with you lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That is exactly what i was thinking.... if anything this and the last hint are too short. :/ when will the next big hint be up from you Overswarm?
You're assuming you have already figured it out :).

JLynn943

Smash Ace
The only part I think we've overlooked is Hylian's second post in the "Why is Misty?" thread. He says "Does anyone remember the third post? >.>" and, if I'm remembering correctly, we didn't really use that in finding Wario.

Also, for what it's worth, in the actual bracket for the contest, Sonic is in the same pool as Sandbag, and is actually directly under him. I guess that could be considered next to?

Top Bottom