• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
O.K., what Overswarm probably meant was that the moment captured at (2:44) is a look into the soul of the character being discussed. The character does not need to have any qualities in common with the song so long as the discussed timeclip is an accurate portrayal of the character's nature.

If you look at it through a tainted glass, specific details are useless. Picasso didn't exactly make his details all that accurate.

EDIT: or you could turn your screen upside down. I wonder if that was what Samurai meant when he said obtuse...

The time clip looks really awsome when viewed from odd angles on a flat-screen monitor, by the way.

XienZo

Smash Lord
WAIT WAIT WAIT, lets look at it from SBR's perspective. If you were in the SBR and had to find an obscure hint, would you send everyone off into youtube and have them look through thousands of vids until one found one that somehow has the right hue/hidden letters/guy doing a char taunt exactly? I'd think that they were having a discussion, a guy ran into the forums and went,

"hey guyz, I was watching this video and at 2:44, that_____ randomly reminded me of this weeks character. It was like the weirdest thing ever, but I found a super random connection "

"Hey, we should use that as our hint!"

OK, it probably didn't go like that, but still, if you had been playing Brawl and randomly watched that video and it suddenly reminded you of a character at 2:44 while just normally watching it(though I don't know why anyone would...), who would that char be?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Oddly, pokemon trainer was the first thing that came to mind. But this was after I knew to look for something.

Edit: that was entirely based on the guy's posture when I paused the video at that point, though.

ook

Smash Lord
I think it's Luigi

The way he's dancing at 2:44 reminds me of his taunt where he does all the poses.
(And cause Limp Bizkit is a poser! :p)

Plus, Luigi also dances kinda like that in his Final Smash.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I like one of the previous 10 posters becasue they are smart.

Also, my hint was very straightforward.

....all of them.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
I really think its Luigi because of the "moon like" ness of the background at 2:44, and his dance somewhat is like Luigi's FS. But then again, maybe that's what they want us to think.

Uffe

Smash Hero
"Yo, red cap!" = Ness
"Rollin'" = Jigglypuff or Sonic
"2:44" = Luigi's FS

Could be any of these.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking Luigi also because his taunts/nature tie in with the Picasso thing in that he was a Cubist, who often painted edgy paintings, and were more rigid, like Luigi.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I use an LCD monitor and when I tilted the screen upwards at 2:44, I started getting hit by Luigi's Final Smash IRL.
Actually, this is... probably exactly what the hint refers to. You look at your monitor from an odd, obtuse angle (the most obtuse of any hint), and you get hit by Luigi's final smash. It's... Luigi.

I guess we don't get the ultimate rick-roll this week.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I suppose it would make sense. Maybe they just selected 2:44 because that dance is the one he does that looks the most like Luigi.

But... eh. I don't buy it. I'm not convinced "obtuse" was supposed to be a hint, and none of OS's hints fit with it. Plus, it's a pretty liberal interpretation, and OS is trying to push everyone in a more abstract direction. It would be kind of wierd for SP to assume everyone has a flatscreen monitor, anyway. It fits like that old T-Shirt you found at the back of your closet. Sure, it works, but you can probably find something better.

I think tomorrow I'm going to redirect my energy away from trying to see what the most hilariously elaborate explanation I can come up with is and actually try to solve this thing before I run out of time. I love how the best hint yet comes when I'm moving to a different part of the country in two days. Part of me is like: Sit down, shut up, and actually try to figure it out. And the rest of me is like: What the hell are you doing? Get to bed. You have to pack! Where's your toothbrush!?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
OK. I don't actually have a guess to provide, but I am very surprise no one has mentioned that that which picasso was most famous for was CUBISM.

Umm... Do you guys see all the cubes in the background?!?

Now if someone could just find some sort of connection...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
OK. I don't actually have a guess to provide, but I am very surprise no one has mentioned that that which picasso was most famous for was CUBISM.

Might as well run with this idea.

In the game Donkey Kong Country, where you obviously have the option to both roll and roll barrels, there are also crates. The crates are cube-like in shape, so as such, it is perfectly logical to assume that the crates bear a connection to the background. Inside the crates are methods for "rolling" or, getting around, such as Rambi the Rhino. It can either be Diddy or DK, and since Diddy is done, DK is a plausible option.

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
It is Donkey Kong

I a know it

If you click the link, it leads to a random link on youtube. But if you type 2:44 into the "Search Video section". New video comes up. and one of them is "Let's play Donkey Kong Country 2:44"

If i am right I should be in the back Rook

I am the new infrzy

ChrisTheCom

Smash Cadet
I like one of the previous 10 posters becasue they are smart.

Also, my hint was very straightforward.

....all of them.
This has gone on too far. The sheer depth of possibilities that can be seen in the video relating to the remaining characters, as well as OS' cryptic messages, are starting to get to me.

Recently OS made a comment about Picasso, the obvious thought that first came into my head was 'Cubism!', and other people have commented this as well. The way the cubes are laid out at 2:44 reminds me of the final structure of blocks in the original super mario bros on the first level, that sort of 'one up one across' layout, which can be seen in Mushroomy Kingdom.

Also, in the quote above, OS makes a comment about being 'straightforward'. Obviously in the early Mario games, you literally could only move forward, and the screen prevented you from moving back, also in Mushroomy Kingdom.

This can be combined with the Red Hat if you want for more evidence,but its not really visible at 2:44. Obviously Luigi, being so related to Mario can also be seen as the character from the dancer's appearance and moves relating to his taunts etc, but Rembrandt is known for his excellent portraits and other depictions of humans, and as OS said we have to think less like Rembrandt, we need to look away from the dancer, and hence from Luigi.

It is Mario.

ook

Smash Lord
It is Donkey Kong

I a know it

If you click the link, it leads to a random link on youtube. But if you type 2:44 into the "Search Video section". New video comes up. and one of them is "Let's play Donkey Kong Country 2:44"

I am the new infrzy

Woah :O

I hope it is Donkey Kong

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
You guys are kidding right? This hint is blatantly easy, it's Jigglypuff...remember from melee? The rollout attack. Case closed.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You guys are kidding right? This hint is blatantly easy, it's Jigglypuff...remember from melee? The rollout attack. Case closed.
Yeah guys, remember from Melee? The same rollout attack that is STILL IN BRAWL!!

This thread is too good.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't care about the character anymore. I just want the god**** solution to this hint...

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
it Is Donkey Kong

I A Know It

If You Click The Link, It Leads To A Random Link On Youtube. But If You Type 2:44 Into The "search Video Section". New Video Comes Up. And One Of Them Is "let's Play Donkey Kong Country 2:44"

If I Am Right I Should Be In The Back Rook

I Am The New Infrzy
:o

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
It is Donkey Kong

I a know it

I am the new infrzy
There's also a Pokemon game right below it.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
This is to funny everyone is reading into it like its the da vinci code! :)

Panda is turning everyone into little detectives and will one day call you those of you who get it right for a mission. =P

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's Ganondorf. The video is gangsta. Ganondorf is so gangsta he deserves another SBR discussion.

Prove me wrong.

Snail

Smash Lord
It's Ganondorf. The video is gangsta. Ganondorf is so gangsta he deserves another SBR discussion.

Prove me wrong.
The music is bad, Ganondorf is bad. Therefore it's Ganondorf. However, this could also apply to Jigglypuff and she actually rolls, too...

Or sonic xD At 2:44 the background is blue and there are some blue orbs.. so :/

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman

Didn't I say that like 3 posts above yours? Just saying...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm surprised people didn't look at the 10 posts before the post where I referenced 10 posts exactly for a clue.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Well, for cubes, what I would think of first is tetris, but of course, Dr. Mario is long gone....

Perhaps its something more abstract, like "Lol, Olimar has such a huge head, he's practically out of a Picasso painting..." *watches vid* "Ooh, Picasso's art was called cubism right? Maybe we could use those as a hint!"

But thats probably not it, those cubes are pretty subtle and when you look at Olimar, Cubism isn't the first thing you think of...

So it could be the dancer, the hue of the lights, or the cubes. I suppose there could be others but that would seem too subtle...

Top Bottom