• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
It's not Ike, just because the clues so blatantly sound like Ike and yet people who can actually get into the MBR are saying stuff like "You guys are getting mindgamed so bad".

By that, it's somebody nobody will think of until they reveal it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's not Ike, just because the clues so blatantly sound like Ike and yet people who can actually get into the MBR are saying stuff like "You guys are getting mindgamed so bad".

By that, it's somebody nobody will think of until they reveal it.
Did you not see infzy's legendary post supporting the idea that this week's character are the IC's and the 2-3 pages of "omg it must be the IC's, infzy's too good!" that followed before he came in and said that? lol

GenericKen

Smash Cadet
Of course, the ultimate mindgame would be if it really were obvious Ike.

There are lots of subtle red-herrings in the clue. "...*basic* gameplay lacks projectiles..." How often does the back room leak this much information about the character of the week?

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
Of course, the ultimate mindgame would be if it really were obvious Ike.

There are lots of subtle red-herrings in the clue. "...*basic* gameplay lacks projectiles..." How often does the back room leak this much information about the character of the week?

When they are talking about IC from 1980's

AlexX

Smash Ace
Why do people keep naming Ike? He doesn't have any issues with platforms... Unless they're tilted, he can still autocancel with them, and sometimes doesn't even have to jump to hit an opponent on a platform above him since some of his attacks (including his relatively fast u-tilt) can strike them from where he's standing.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Why do people keep naming Ike? He doesn't have any issues with platforms... Unless they're tilted, he can still autocancel with them, and sometimes doesn't even have to jump to hit an opponent on a platform above him since some of his attacks (including his relatively fast u-tilt) can strike them from where he's standing.
The first thing I thought of was Ike and Skyworld lol.

Then the next thing I thought of was what happens when Ike gets slightly knocked away from the stage by something like say, spring, when he's trying to aether back on stage.

Update #23: ?????

9/08/08

This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms, and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine. Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing. This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents, and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain.
Thanks to Youko for helping me with the hint this week. You'll have to think hard to get this one ^_^

Can you guess who next week's character will be?
also, it's not talking about dealing with platforms when an opponent is above the character, but landing on them because of the game's jump physics

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I believe by "has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms" they meant that the character's recovery is not so good, not that they have trouble with the floating platforms (the three on battlefield, and the moving one in Smashville is what is thought to be meant as platforms). I suppose it's part of the "thinking outside of the box" thing Panda said that would confuse/throw people off who only glanced at it, but I could be wrong.

As for why they keep saying Ike, it's quite obvious they can't lurk or they would have seen Infzy's post and/or Exidid's link in the past few pages which sort of confirmed who the character is.

It's Ike Climbers.

"Prepare yourself for my Infinite Chaingrab into Fsmash!"

EDIT: Oh, and I re-did the Ike Climbers pic (it was a bit rushed before, as I was running late). Just fixed up Ikepo's face and gave him a sword, though Nanike's was too hard to edit out so I decided to leave her/him as is.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Ike Climbers are epic win.

Can their Ice Blocks Erupt when they hit someone?
Does Belay-ther give super armor?
Is Quick Squall a dumb name?
Do they Counter by creating a Blizzard?
Would Great Glacier destroy the world?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Originally Posted by infzy
Guys, I think I've got it. The answer is Ice Climbers. The entire description is for the ICs, from their original game. Don't believe me? Try it out in Masterpieces.

This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms, and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine. In Ice Climbers, you only have one jump, and your momentum is pretty much set once you leave the ground, so the entire game is the frustrating tedium of jumping platform to platform. So yes, you are limited by the game's physics engine. Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing. Absolutely. There are no projectiles in Ice Climbers. This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents, You can't swing your hammer in midair so the Nitpickers are annoying, and they can follow you between levels of the mountain. And don't forget the infamous Condor at the peak, the ICs true nemesis. and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain. Your hammers are 1hit KO on all enemies! (I think, maybe 2 hits for bears?) But of course the trouble is getting around the platforms to actually hit the toppies and bears with them!

How's that for thinking outside the box? Alternatively, the answer could be Ridley, because he fits pretty well too
Agree! must be them! thats why the hint wasnt made by the usual person ( i think SP/OS? i know one of them picks and the other makes the hint ). And also why they said that it'll make us think hard and stuff.

Ice Climbers!!!

And LOL Ike Climbers!!

And ya their ICGs are RIDICULOUSLY Powerful!!! They can chaingrab to over 9000 !!!!!!! Thats more than 999% wow!

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
What an odd hint.

Trouble landing on platforms? Only thing I thought of was Ice Climbers - trouble getting Nana on the platform?

But this jump problem. What the hell is the hint talking about? Peach, maybe? If by 'physics' you mean "the fact that you have to focus really hard to do anything fancy with the float," then sure.

I think Peach. Frustrating to play (I imagine both ways), trouble landing hits, powerful, doesn't like aerial opponents, trouble getting on platforms (bullcrap second jump).

What does 'basic gameplay lacks projectiles' mean?

... infzy's theory is also cool. But I'm not happy if that's where the hint came from. Come on.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Then the next thing I thought of was what happens when Ike gets slightly knocked away from the stage by something like say, spring, when he's trying to aether back on stage.
Ike will just SA the spring and get back to the stage. It's just 4% damage.

Skyworld is indeed a nightmare for him, though... or at least for me when half the time I end up accidentally destroying the platform I'm trying to grab... >.>

also, it's not talking about dealing with platforms when an opponent is above the character, but landing on them because of the game's jump physics
Then again, how does that apply to Ike? Unless it's at an angle it doesn't mess up his auto-cancelling, and although his jump power isn't exactly good, it's hardly the worst...

Mmac

Smash Lord
No, it's because infzy basically decrypted the hint on the first day, so that we can't guess anymore.

also it's Yoshi

mimic_king

Smash Lord
It can't be ICs. Their attacks aren't very hard to land.

It's most likely Olimar. Otherwise it would be Ike.

Don't get me wrong. ICs are very good, but I haven't found them to be very frustrating, although they do have trouble landing on platforms.

Top Bottom