• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

mimic_king

Smash Lord
This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms, and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine. Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing. This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents, and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain.
Thanks to Youko for helping me with the hint this week. You'll have to think hard to get this one ^_^

Can you guess who next week's character will be?
Ike. His jumps are very low and he falls fast. His up b is not very good for grabbing on to a ledge or landing on a platform. His aerial game is crap, he lacks projectiles, and he can be frustrating to use thanks to his speed. However, Ike is one of the most powerful characters in the game. A fully charged smash attack can kill someone at 60%. He takes incredible timing though, so landing his attacks can be annoying against very skilled people, since his attacks are too predictable. With a super mushroom (which of course is only used by those noobs who play with items), he has incredible range and power, making him quite formidable.

Ike can be an easy character, or a stupid character. Timing is the key.

My second guess would have to be Olimar. He has a horrible aerial game, his attacks are very hard to hit, and he can be frustrating due to his unique fighting style (probably the most unique in the game). His up b depends on the amount of pikmin he has. It can easily be stopped, it misses a lot, and is ineffective. He does have projectiles, but they aren't very effective. And as for the jumping, not very productive.

However, if a red or a yellow pikmin is used as a smash attack or an aerial, it can be ridiculously powerful. A blue pikimin can be used as a very effective grab or a somewhat powerful smash attack due to its range being the longest of the pikmin.

Overall, learning this character takes lots of patience, and just plain lots of intelligence. He is probably the most frustrating character to learn, but mastering him is worth the results. Trust me. My friend plays Olimar and he is the best Brawl player I know personally.

infomon

Smash Scientist
lol, thanx for all the cookies, guys! *is actually eating cookies for dinner atm..... :urg:*

I'd like to thank my partners in crime, Buzz and Youko, for helping ruin this week's discussion.
errhm, being awesome. And Stealth Raptor for noticing Youko's vid. Now what the heck are we going to do until Monday?

..... we might have to talk about Yoshi :urg:

Can't wait for the IC discussion tho. Popo and Nana ftw.

Edit: omg rofl at the ppl still guessing Ike...... is this for real? Crap I better try and pretend the spoiling never happened..... hmmmmm....... spoiler tags! SPOILER TAGS!!!

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Plus, the basic gameplay against Oli lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing against Oli.
I stuffed in the hidden words that technically didn't need to be in there for the sentence to make sense. eh? eh?
INTERESTING :) good find/suggestion/idea/concept.

And hi Buzz! You know me from BC/NH? :)

Im not sure what this hint is... i dont think Oli as much as Ike/DK though.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by exidid
I heard it was IC, I'm not sure how they fit, but they might be.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/2424719-post12.html

^Post

THIS IS ILLEGAL YOU KNOW?
lol nice fine exidid! but that doesnt really mean they're discussing the ICs for this, and doesnt mean now, it could have been like starting from 2 months ago or such like when they were making the tier list. and lol gotta love the "THIS IS ILLEGAL YOU KNOW?".

Luigi fits sorta too. Fire Punch is really strong, and so is Side B and front smash

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was joking about the character being Olimar, thus I said "I'll try to morph" it into being Olimar? lol

I'll laugh really hard though if it turns out to be him.

Luigi player

Smash Master
.igiuL

This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms,

Yeah, sometimes I get juggled and just can't get back to the ground on battlefield mostly, because of the platforms...

and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine.

Well, he falls soo slowly now... >_>

Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing.

Well, Luigi has a projectile... but the Ice Climbers too, and both are not that bad...

This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents,

Well if they have better range then yes he has some trouble against those.

and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain.

UpB & fsmash, nuff said.

I guess it's Ike.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I hate sakurai...

I just had to get that off my chest.

I dont care who the next one is, I cant wait until its time for PT.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL you guys are getting mindgamed so bad XD.

God I love the SBR.

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
It's Ike with the Huricane going on and that stuff, also it cannot be IC or Dr. Mario, in the hints they say this char lacks proyectiles, and his best aerial bair has to be timed, and he has powerful attacks

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
It's Ike with the Huricane going on and that stuff, also it cannot be IC or Dr. Mario, in the hints they say this char lacks proyectiles, and his best aerial bair has to be timed, and he has powerful attacks
You never took the time to read all the new posts since samurai panda updated so you didnt see the thread winning proof. that is understandable.we need some funny debate to keep this thread alive for the next week anyway.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
even though it was pretty much proven to be ICs, I'm still saying Luigi, just to be different, and because the hint fits him just as well :p

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
I was just checking back at the time when Yoshi was revealed cuz I havent been on for a long time and...

Geez, stop with the hate! O_O

exidid

Smash Journeyman
It's Llamario. We already did a review of his matchup with Peach in the Peach section.

I bow to Llamario.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Update #23: ?????

9/08/08

This character has difficulty when it comes to landing on platforms, and playing the character can be extremely frustrating at times. This is because the character's jumping mechanics are limited by the game's physics engine. Plus, the basic gameplay lacks projectiles, which can also add to the frustration when playing. This character also has quite a bit of trouble with aerial opponents, and this character's attacks are ridiculously powerful, landing them can be quite a pain.
Thanks to Youko for helping me with the hint this week. You'll have to think hard to get this one ^_^

Can you guess who next week's character will be?
Really, aside from the "Character's attacks are ridiculously powerful", I would have thought it was Sonic.

His aerial acceleration and speed limit are so much slower than his running speed. Aerial opponents with good priority are evil on Sonic since his punishment game is so much better with a ground base (with shield, better speed, and grabs to get around priority issues), and it's frustrating to play as him, especially on stages like Battlefield, where platforms are all over the place to screw up his "lagless aerial" game. Basic gameplay lacks projectile, but to an extent, 'advanced' gameplay can make use of springs as punishers/combo setups/gimps.

However, it's not Sonic.

Why?

Because it's Ike.
10skyworlds

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I've finally narrowed down and so far have Luigi, Ness, Lucas, Ike, Wario, DK, and ZSS for the 'ridiculously powerful' part. some of these chars i just posted aren't ridiculously powerful exactly, but do at lesat have 1 strong attack.

but now only Luigi, Ness, Lucas, Ike, DK, and ZSS for the hard to land part strong atks part... wario doesn't have trouble with aerials, and actually DK has pretty good aerial game or at least a good Bair for spacing. So now i'd say just Luigi Ness Lucas Ike. ZSS doesn't have trouble with jumping really.

Ness+Lucas have projectiles and commonly use them, so only Luigi and Ike. Luigi has projectiles and his attacks aren't as hard to land. And he has good aerials anyways.

but Ike to me doesn't make me frustrated at all... DK makes me slightly frusttrted though... so either DK or Ike, but I'd say Ike. DK isn't as hard to land moves at all, especially with so much range. Especially if he has a charged up B. It has great range and decent speed. But DK doesn't need to depend on those kill moves to kill them. Ike does. Ike relies on very powerful attacks to kill the enemy at low %s... so it's Ike.

Ike FTW!!! (i know i am right XD)

Top Bottom