• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I would go with yoshi, but I'm not 100% sure....

PT makes me do a double take. It's vastly underplayed. Only people who are really dedicated to him stick with him. He's probably THE most underdeveloped character in brawl. And there are probably like 3 or 4 good PT players overall like vercez, and a few others. If you watch his PT, he does use a bit of technical skill too.

hm....

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I would go with yoshi, but I'm not 100% sure....

PT makes me do a double take. It's vastly underplayed. Only people who are really dedicated to him stick with him. He's probably THE most underdeveloped character in brawl. And there are probably like 3 or 4 good PT players overall like vercez, and a few others. If you watch his PT, he does use a bit of technical skill too.

hm....
One of the only absolute statements Samurai said was that there is no one good at the character in question...

I change my mind, it's PT.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Pride doesn't have much of an ego and doesn't flaunt himself from what I've seen.
Ignoring the irony of that statement

Reflex also has a pretty awesome PT. Watch their ivysaurs expecially. The reverse SH, c-stick retreating aerial, fast fall (and I think it might be auto-canceled, can't be sure) bairs are pretty awesome. And usually they chain them together, like 4 in a row while staying safe.

All three pokemon have awesome little quirks to them. Squirtle has great aerial movement, shell shifting, and an awesome jab that can be used for jab walking(lol?). Ivysaur actually has a really nice range EVERYWHERE and a good mix of moves. Zard has gliding and rock smash for 50 damage while fresh, and a killer fair. The main idea with PT is that he's amazing on paper....but people can't seem to maximize the potential....thus I'm brought around to revoke my yoshi guess and go with PT =]

Gindler

Smash Champion
Pride really does have no ego. I recall saying he was the best yoshi and he humbully denied the "accusation".

But now I'm thinking it might be PT as well.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I see some elements of PT in there (Vastly underplayed), but I just don't get the feel for it because there's no mention of how gimping the fatigue/switching system is. I didn't think anyone thought he was particularly scary, at least.

In my opinion PT doesn't have any particularly difficult technical skill. Maybe a little bit for Squirtle, which isn't that hard to get down and be consistent about it.

Reflex is the one who placed first with Wario/PT, and I think there was a sole PT win, too.

Novan007

Smash Rookie
Any one think of ZERO SUIT SAMUS???

I think she definitely has potential with her quick dash speed, pretty good tilts, and her over-B which has huuuge range. (even longer than IKE's sword!) Oh yeah and she can actually combo some characters!
She also starts out with three good projectiles, and can trap the spacies in her d-smash doing massive amounts of damage!

ZSS's edguarding gmae has alot of potential too, with the spikes she can do. An extremely important part of mastering her though is spacing and mind-games so she can actually use her range to her advantage.

She isn't played much in the tournament scene and i think many players don't know much about her. Few players have been able to become good with her, and i don't think many players have seen what she can do yet! She's no MK, but i think she could be ranked much better than she is.

Dont really know much about using ZSS & technical ability with her though.

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
Sounds a lot like like PT to me since you have to swap pokemon wisely and can be your worst enemy since the character can be either fast but weak, balance, or slow and powerful.

tropewhat

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoonAim
PT actually sounds possible to me because the hint is so vague when it comes to actual character mechanics

Fearmy

Smash Ace
PT = unique character, but there wasn't anything much of uniqueness. People do you really see potentail? i've been hearing crap from everyone, no one is really waiting, he's more of a hated trashy character from what i hear. Yes we are waiting, btw what area does Reflex live in?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
PT = unique character, but there wasn't anything much of uniqueness. People do you really see potentail? i've been hearing crap from everyone, no one is really waiting, he's more of a hated trashy character from what i hear. Yes we are waiting, btw what area does Reflex live in?
Bama! YEAH BOI

It's IC. If not, I'm going to cry, because I have yet to guess the right character.

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
Hint sounds like yoshi.....

But the SBR WILL do Yoshi last... because Yoshi fanboy's are the best to dissapoint

So its actually PT

Mmac

Smash Lord
Hint sounds like yoshi.....

But the SBR WILL do Yoshi last... because Yoshi fanboy's are the best to dissapoint

So its actually PT
He wouldn't do that. I have Samurai Panda's...... uh..... something.... that is important to him...
Yeah, that will do >_>

It would be a shame if something bad happened to..... it.....

I know this will totally work

Frown

poekmon
Update #22: ?????

9/01/08

This character can be quite scary to some people.

No.

Relatively unknown to most smashers,

Every freakin' post in the tier discussion is about him.

this character has tricks galore that can take people by surprise when they play against someone with actual skill,

He does have a couple of nice AT's but not ones that completely changes the gameplay.

but finding those people can be difficult as there aren't many.

Well, compared to Jiggz or Ice Climbers, there are quite a lot.

This character is the embodiment of potential right now, as it is only a matter of time until a breakout player starts sweeping the big names and will make everyone know who that player is.

Naaaah...

However, tapping into the character's potential will prove to be a difficult task, as the character demands technical skill, which is rare and difficult in Brawl. Despite this blatantly obvious potential, there are still people who think this character isn't going anywhere, but the people who use this character are certainly dedicated and won't stop until they prove their point. But we're still waiting for them to prove it.

THIS is why people think it's him. We just can't shut up. :)

Can you guess who next week's character will be?
Yoshi? I say no.

And btw, I think SamuraiPanda is saving Yoshi for last, just to tease us.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord

I just looked through the IC boards. Never knew how much tech skill they actually needed. Between de-synching and learning the different grab times of all the characters, I know I'd never be able to even make a halfway decent IC...My multi-tasking skills aren't all that great. >_> I really can't see any IC doing well in a tourney unless they could put de-sycnhing and CGs to their fullest potential...

Thus, I'm changing my vote to IC (even though they have a few tidbits that don't quite match, but I should have learned from Lucario). Which means my previous post needs some editing...

So, I'm just going to block out the SBR and their mindgames and their "It's Mewtwo" and I'm going to have some cake. And when I get back, there better be a nice tall ice cold glass of Ice Climbers sitting on the counter waiting for me, or I will become an hero. It's your call, SBR. Ice Climbers for Hint #22.
The cake is a lie. It's actually bread. Hands off
Please. Just kiddin on that an hero, btw.
Edits in bold.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
This character can be quite scary to some people. Relatively unknown to most smashers, this character has tricks galore that can take people by surprise when they play against someone with actual skill, but finding those people can be difficult as there aren't many. This character is the embodiment of potential right now, as it is only a matter of time until a breakout player starts sweeping the big names and will make everyone know who that player is. However, tapping into the character's potential will prove to be a difficult task, as the character demands technical skill, which is rare and difficult in Brawl. Despite this blatantly obvious potential, there are still people who think this character isn't going anywhere, but the people who use this character are certainly dedicated and won't stop until they prove their point. But we're still waiting for them to prove it.

Can you guess who next week's character will be?

ike. a lot of people hate him, and a lot of people think he's good. i don't like him, but i think he can be scary to fight against.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Ike is an easy fight. Especially with kirby.
Every character considers Ike their easiest matchup (including Jigglypuff and Ganondorf, amazingly). It's making me think people need to play good Ikes more and not morons who spam his f-smash. >.>

That said, I don't really think the hint is Ike...

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
ike. a lot of people hate him, and a lot of people think he's good. i don't like him, but i think he can be scary to fight against.
yet he is neither the embodiment of potential nor does he require mass technical skill.

IT'S NOT IKE.

I'm gonna guess Yoshi or IC's. Though I tend to lean towards IC's.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
This character can be quite scary to some people.

*Wario, Ganondorf, and Squirtle are perfect examples*

Relatively unknown to most smashers,

*People tend to ignore/make fun of Yoshi mainers instead of actually listening to them*

this character has tricks galore that can take people by surprise when they play against someone with actual skill, but finding those people can be difficult as there aren't many.

*Draconic Trot, Draconic Reverse, infinite grabs. Yoshi mainers aren't all that common in tourneys*

This character is the embodiment of potential right now, as it is only a matter of time until a breakout player starts sweeping the big names and will make everyone know who that player is.

*Yoshi is undeniably a character with truckloads of potential, and he has an even matchup against MK, and a 0% fair spike on MK, Snake, and Falco*

However, tapping into the character's potential will prove to be a difficult task, as the character demands technical skill, which is rare and difficult in Brawl.

*His ATs require tons of practice and perfect timing*

Despite this blatantly obvious potential, there are still people who think this character isn't going anywhere,

*For every Yoshi mainer, there are 1200 idiots who put him below Ike and Link*

but the people who use this character are certainly dedicated and won't stop until they prove their point. But we're still waiting for them to prove it.

*Us Yoshi mainers will defend our dino to the death, but we never go to tourneys*

This hint is one of the most obvious yet.

infomon

Smash Scientist
*For every Yoshi mainer, there are 1200 idiots who put him below Ike and Link*
.... The SBR list v1.0 puts Yoshi well below Ike. I wouldn't call them idiots, considering it's Samurai who has provided you with the hint.
Mwahaha.

Edit:
imo Dragonic Reverse > IC cg therefore I say Yoshi and hope to be right for the first time. :D
..... uhm.... IC cg's can 0-death every character in the game from pretty much every map and situation, minus interference from stage hazards. Giving Yoshi a pseudo-wavedash nowhere near compares to an instant-win button.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I'm gonna guess Yoshi or IC's. Though I tend to lean towards IC's.
oh yeah i forgot about them. ice climbers were really good in both games even though everybody thought they were stupid.

yoshi is bottom tier so far, and in the other two games. he sucks balls.

actually he sucks EGGS!

kkkoala

Smash Cadet
oh yeah i forgot about them. ice climbers were really good in both games even though everybody thought they were stupid.

yoshi is bottom tier so far, and in the other two games. he sucks balls.

actually he sucks EGGS!
IC's r VERY VERY VERY WELL KNOWN for cg's and many players refuse to play vs ic's nontourney as its zero fun.

go vs a good yoshi, hes got 0-60%+ combos, cg's on some chars, insane gimpage, and his recovery isnt as bad as u think. its textbook-ezgimp but any decent yoshi duznt have that hard of a time getting onstage vs most chars. however its prolly not him as they would mention soemthing bout his huge offence and zero defence.

that being said i think its either yoshi or fox. fox has been fairly forgotten about but u cant deny how good he is. a char duznt need huge amounts of techs to req technical skill. fox is a beast period (lulpun) his only downside is his horrible recovery.

also im pretty sure he swallows the eggs, and its an instapoo'd egg so it berely counts as ingestion.

Top Bottom