• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

D

Deleted member

This is probably not known too well, but Snake's F-tilt has another awesome use:

Normally when you f-tilt, you do the 2 hits.

However, if you do the first hit then wait a second and repeat the initial hit, you can continuously hit them with the initial f-tilt hit. This works surprisingly well and eats shields otherwise. I suggest people try it. I think this works because (IIRC) the first hit induces tripping.

keeper

Smash Champion
This is probably not known too well, but Snake's F-tilt has another awesome use:

However, if you do the first hit then wait a second and repeat the initial hit, you can continuously hit them with the initial f-tilt hit. This works surprisingly well and eats shields otherwise. I suggest people try it. I think this works because (IIRC) the first hit induces tripping.
I've actually seen some interesting stuff using only the first part of the Ftilt. Such as an Ftilt to a neutral A combo and it actually turned out pretty well.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126

oh trust me i know about this since my brother mains snake and he found this out but i do have my ways around it especially when im using luigi since his slide after shielded attacks and even after some attacks that connect push him too far to be followed up with anything else

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
its not gonna be dk yet, once he gets established as high tier (due to his insane range/priority) and people realize that he beats metaknight 10 times out of 10, then they can do dk, but until all you realize that its not going to happen

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I don't think they are down on sonic, i think sonic is just bad. wario can just keep pressing b and sonic has no way around that, its really funny and really sad at the same time.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I don't think they are down on sonic, i think sonic is just bad. wario can just keep pressing b and sonic has no way around that, its really funny and really sad at the same time.
I wouldn't be so sure about Sonic being so bad if I were you. But yeah, Sonic vs Wario, or rather Sonic vs Wario's bite is a horrible and hilarious matchup. Same with Jiggles vs Wario's bite.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Once again good job on the summary of how Snake is played. For the next character, considering Overswarm is a R.O.B main, he probably wants him next so its R.O.B

BibulousDan

Smash Apprentice
I'm Thinking ROB too.

I haven't been able to play well as him and I haven't seen a lot of cool things with him. I think that ROB would be interesting,

AndroidFroggy

Smash Apprentice
Do you win anything for being the first one to guess the hinted person correctly? Or is it just for bragging rights? lol

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Update #5: ????

This character is an unusual one for sure. There is a ton of potential that nearly everyone can see, but not many seem to be using it! This character received much praise when the game was first released, but has recently dropped of everyone's radar. But with this character's ability to put the pressure on opponents with an awesome offensive game, will this character be overlooked for much longer?

Can you guess who next week's character will be?
The ability to put pressure on opponents and the great initial hype seem to point to Sonic, but he seems like too bad of a character to be compatible with the rest of the description.

I'm going to guess Captain Olimar.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
This character is an unusual one for sure. There is a ton of potential that nearly everyone can see, but not many seem to be using it! This character received much praise when the game was first released, but has recently dropped of everyone's radar. But with this character's ability to put the pressure on opponents with an awesome offensive game, will this character be overlooked for much longer?

Can you guess who next week's character will be?
Sounds a lot like Pit to me. Pit had a ton of hype when the game first came out. He was the first character that most people tried with Brawl, but since then well... nothing new for him, no major wins or anything. So yeah I think next one is Pit.

My first guess would have been Sonic but with his lack of priority and range, I realised it couldn't be him.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I'm thinking Ike. "Great offensive game", "Tons of potential that not everyone can use," and "Was popular then but now dropped off the radar."

If it's not Ike, maybe ROB with his UpB and Dair amazingness.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
I think it's PT, expected looks of praise, but didn't get it. Lots of potential, 3 Pokemon w/ 3 movsets= potential. Not DDD, he gets too much praise. Could also be Sonic, or Olimar, even maybe Samus. It describes alot of characters. My first guess would be PT tho.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ike and R.O.B are on the radar

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
All of the parts except the fact that this character is a "strange one" sound like Zelda to me. Played properly she has amazing offense, and while in the early stages of smash she was popular for her extreme buffs, she's recently become less frequently mentioned.

I can't really place this one otherwise, though. The description is so broad that it could easily be anyone from Diddy to DDD

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hrm, it seems like I was a little too unclear on one part, so I changed a word in the hint ^_^

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
definitely diddy, he's weird, "he can put hurt on you" was very memorable from around the game's release, and he has a great offensive game.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
no chance its sonic, most people could tell he kinda sucked from the start, and he can't really put on pressure because he has no priority or range. seriously, wario can hold down the b button and win. dead serious. probably not rob or wario either, they seemed to be over looked at the start. I would say toon link, dedede, diddy, olimar, or maybe (slight chance) pikachu, they all seemed great at launch and i have not seen too many at tournaments, just a guess but i almost guarantee its one of those 5

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I really dunno this one. THIS HINT IS TOUGH SAMURAI!

I'd say Olimar. I don't remember Pikmin being particularly popular. That, and his offense of course is quite good. Not to mention he was the first guy for Mew2King to hint as possibly top tier.

Top Bottom